The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Giroud made it ... and Lacazette didn't ... Deschamps seems to understand what Giroud brings ...
Coach wrote:
Cito wrote:So Lacazette didn’t make the France 23 for the World Cup. He is rather placed in the reserves.
Alexandre Double Ogbuefi Lacazette pulled from the roster, at the same stage in his career. All the better for Beloved, fresh legs for the new era.
false equivalence!!!!!!
One is a target man & probably the only one in the French squad. Filippo Inzaghi vs Veiri!!!! Nah....
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Won't shock if they want to also sell Aubamenyang.
Now, you're being too cynical - ain't no way a WC rested_pre-season-grooved soldier is sold - more so as it's looking like Titi will be part of the coaching staff.

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@G1, Brigadier Paddy V should well know, all the shiny medallions atop his freshly pressed and heavily starched army apparels, wield no influence or impression in the colorised kangaroo court. No big club in England is appointing a black manager anytime soon and his black lack of experience brings more ides than a Caesarean soothsayer. Arteta's risk is minuscule by way of comparison. Irrespective of how family-run, close knit, ndi Igbo Beloved may be, when its down to the gritty's nittiest portions, they're all one and the same. Would come as no surprise to see an Henry or Sol Campbell in amongst the medley.

Even though its seems heaven sent, we're not ready for top four (oxymoron) Black management.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@MrArsenicTM:
L’Equipe | Wilshere’s reps have offered him to PSG in the last few hours.

Ain't that a trip - about turn from Everton, West Ham - all that lot!!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumour: Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Arsenal pay, €20m (£17.4m) for a 2 year contract, with club and player having the option to trigger a further one year. This according to good sources on my Arsenal WhatsApp Groups.

Time will tell if true. Note, this deal has been done without a Coach in place.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:Rumour: Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Arsenal pay, €20m (£17.4m) for a 2 year contract, with club and player having the option to trigger a further one year. This according to good sources on my Arsenal WhatsApp Groups.

Good deal if true....Sokratis is a uncompromising defender, he is a proper hard man this fella.
To God be the glory
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Even if Ramsey doesn't sign a new deal. Don't sell him. The goal should be to make the champions league next season. Can still sell him January if we are out of contention. Only sell Ramsey if a replacement is signed first.
Na wa for you - dont sell Ramsey ? You forget so soon the drama of selling Sanchez ..abeg get the 50M for him and sell...he is replaceable. If we get Seri for example or the German kid Meyer.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:

Good deal if true....Sokratis is a uncompromising defender, he is a proper hard man this fella.
Something Cally and I agreed a few pages back. Imagine him and Mavropanos, they will chew up and spit out all physical strikers. The ones that have bullied our CDs for years since the 'Invincibles'.

At that price, I will take him cos he is a leader and organiser. But I fear him in one on one situations. Whatever, I hope he is an improvement on Mustafi.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Something Cally and I agreed a few pages back. Imagine him and Mavropanos, they will chew up and spit out all physical strikers. The ones that have bullied our CDs for years since the 'Invincibles'.

At that price, I will take him cos he is a leader and organiser. But I fear him in one on one situations. Whatever, I hope he is an improvement on Mustafi.
Right, Waffi and Sky. If true, I'm happy with the signing.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Congrats to the big OG for his 4th FA cup win in five years.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Didn’t they say the same about a certain Xhacrap ? Ok oh siddon look :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Soyuncu is at the same price and younger.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Even if Ramsey doesn't sign a new deal. Don't sell him. The goal should be to make the champions league next season. Can still sell him January if we are out of contention. Only sell Ramsey if a replacement is signed first.
Na wa for you - dont sell Ramsey ? You forget so soon the drama of selling Sanchez ..abeg get the 50M for him and sell...he is replaceable. If we get Seri for example or the German kid Meyer.

If we get Seri, sell Ramsey. But if we don't. Don't sell Ramsey. I don't care about Kroenkes profits. I like Ramsey. My preference is for the club to keep him and sign Seri.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Santi wants to play, he does not want a coaching role. Rumour is he will be off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So Sokratis is Koscielny replacement. Koscielny is probably out for most of next season due to the Achilles injury. Probably out for the season.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@ m_marchante : "Santi Cazorla will do the preseason with Villarreal". # ElDíaDelFútbol
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

If we get Seri, sell Ramsey. But if we don't. Don't sell Ramsey. I don't care about Kroenkes profits. I like Ramsey. My preference is for the club to keep him and sign Seri.

That order of business will not work..more like Ramsey agrees to long term deal or not...if he does not ..sell fast.

take cash and buy Seri and/Or Meyer. Btw Meyer is also on out of contract..so maybe just buy meyer sef and sell Ramsey and Jack..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

That order of business will not work..more like Ramsey agrees to long term deal or not...if he does not ..sell fast.

take cash and buy Seri and/Or Meyer. Btw Meyer is also on out of contract..so maybe just buy meyer sef and sell Ramsey and Jack..
Well that is not improving the squad. What we should be asking is Why doesn't he want to extend his contract?

BTW Chelsea are the favorites to get Seri

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, It is good enough for the intention. As has been said for many a year, Sitting Bull, having pressed his ear to the ground, was well aware the cowboys were coming. And came they did, giddy upping on dressage horses with saddle bags strained at the seams through the weighty carriage of gold and silver. In that instance the choice was to dance with wolves or cower with the concubines. Today, in the era of unprecedented TV revenue, of unjustified ticket prices, Beloved has no shame in proclaiming a transfer kitty barely big enough to bag a Ryan Sessegnon standing in line for his A levels. Shameless, green eyed goblins. The walls must be torn down. Hopefully the summer will bring fair riot.
Last edited by Coach on Sun May 20, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:@Ohen, It is good enough for the intention. As has been said for many a year, Sitting Bull, having pressed his ear to the ground, was well aware the cowboys were coming. And came they did, giddy upping on dressage horses with saddle bags strained at the seams through the weighty carriage of gold and silver. In that instance the choice was to dance with wolves or cower with the concubines. Today, in the era of unprecedented TV revenue, of unjustified ticket prices, Beloved has no shame in proclaiming a pretty same kitty barely big enough to bag a Ryan Sessegnon standing in line for his A levels. Shameless, green eyed goblins. The walls must be torn down. Hopefully the summer will bring fair riot.
I agree

Look at this table from this link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 48851.html

Why are fans just accepting the 50 million pounds transfer kitty ?

The TV rights revenue for 2017 alone is 84 million pounds. When you are add merit and position on the league table. Arsenal revenue without ticket sales or other commercial revenue like jersey sales and etc was 142.4 million pounds.
Arsenal have announced pre-tax profit of £44.6million after turnover at the club rose by over £70m in the year up to May 31, 2017.

Turnover at the north London giants hit £422.8m, the first time the club has exceeded £400m. This was partly account for by £58m in additional broadcasting revenue from the Premier League in the first year of a three season broadcast deal and Champions League earning.

That led to a notable upswing in profit at the Emirates, £44.6m before tax compared to £2.9m the preceding season.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 46256.html

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^The hope is, the pot boils over and the big houses are stormed. The fat falstaffians are long overdue a thorough beating. Wenger knew, one more season and he was walking onto a stiff right hand. Gatsidis and the rest need a good ol' fashioned knuckle sandwich, the type that loosens a tooth and puffs up and eyelid.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:Santi wants to play, he does not want a coaching role. Rumour is he will be off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Santi oh Santi, one of my favorites of all time. I'll miss him greatly. I wish him the very best.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

After signing Aubemenyang in January. Arsenal made a profit of about 1 million pounds from player transfer. That pre tax profit will even be much higher in 2018.

@Coach.

Arsenal transfer kitty should be at about 120 million pounds before player transfers if the club want to break even.