The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

And where will Ozil play? How about Wilshere?
kajifu wrote:Ramsey has ball this last two games.Play him in that hole number 10 if you not playing my boy Iwobi
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Jack was on the bench and didn't play. Something's not right tonight. !!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Honestly Wenger confused the team and himself today ... he dithered himself into cluelessness
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:Honestly Wenger confused the team and himself today ... he dithered himself into cluelessness

na today?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
It was a shame not to see him start in his best position. He is a No 10 or a winger and he played as a wing-back. But as a kid, at a club like Arsenal, you take every chance you get.

BuI worked with Reiss when I was at the Arsenal Academy and I was so impressed with him. He has all the attributes to make it.

At the Academy, he was training and playing with the Under-18s — and he was only 16. But he was so good that, after two or three months, we felt he was wasting his time.

He was not learning anything because he was too good for that standard.

So he was moved up to the Under-23s so he could work with stronger and bigger guys.t you know when you a see a player and you just want him to get the ball? He is that player. He has that ‘thing’. The rest is up to him.
I love Henry who coached him as an Arsenal academy coach telling him like it is .... DONT PLAY REISS AS A WINGBACK ARSENE !!!!!!!!
Henry has his opinion, I also witnessed Henry in action as a kiddies coach. I saw his sessions and he has his ideas - just like every Coach.

But there is a huge difference, one has been coaching kids with great success for over over 40 years, the other is yet to coach and develop any youth player. I know, who I put my money on and why? Wenger will not just play the kid in that position, he must have seen something he felt will serve the kid better in future if he got some experience playing in that position. For Wenger, it has never been short term with young players, it gas always been the long term.

Oh! I thought you said Reiss was rubbish last Thursday. :taunt: :taunt:

Meanwhile Josh DaSilva came on and played very well in that left side of the 3 CDs. He was very good for one so young and playing in that position, but it went unnoticed. I first saw Josh play as a striker all those years ago at Hale End. Although, I have seen him play attacking MF and winger. Wenger has got him playing at defensive midfield, LB and CD. Only just under 4 years ago, I saw 15 yr old Josh playing as a striker for the Under 18s. When I think of it all, it puts his performance into context. It was very good indeed.

Are you preaching to the choir or just rambling
My dear friend. I am educating you as usual. We won and Morata scored 2 goals. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
It was a shame not to see him start in his best position. He is a No 10 or a winger and he played as a wing-back. But as a kid, at a club like Arsenal, you take every chance you get.

BuI worked with Reiss when I was at the Arsenal Academy and I was so impressed with him. He has all the attributes to make it.

At the Academy, he was training and playing with the Under-18s — and he was only 16. But he was so good that, after two or three months, we felt he was wasting his time.

So he was moved up to the Under-23s so he could work with stronger and bigger guys.t you know when you a see a player and you just want him to get the ball? He is that player. He has that ‘thing’. The rest is up to him.
I love Henry who coached him as an Arsenal academy coach telling him like it is .... DONT PLAY REISS AS A WINGBACK ARSENE !!!!!!!!
Henry has his opinion, I also witnessed Henry in action as a kiddies coach. I saw his sessions and he has his ideas - just like every Coach.

But there is a huge difference, one has been coaching kids with great success for over over 40 years, the other is yet to coach and develop any youth player. I know, who I put my money on and why? Wenger will not just play the kid in that position, he must have seen something he felt will serve the kid better in future if he got some experience playing in that position. For Wenger, it has never been short term with young players, it gas always been the long term.

Meanwhile Josh DaSilva came on and played very well in that left side of the 3 CDs. He was very good for one so young and playing in that position, but it went unnoticed. I first saw Josh play as a striker all those years ago at Hale End. Although, I have seen him play attacking MF and winger. Wenger has got him playing at defensive midfield, LB and CD. Only just under 4 years ago, I saw 15 yr old Josh playing as a striker for the Under 18s. When I think of it all, it puts his performance into context. It was very good indeed.

My dear friend. I am educating you as usual. We won and Morata scored 2 goals. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

See oloshi. When did Morata score for Arsenal ... teacher no teach me nonsense :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

OLODO :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Yes, he did darken his skin, grow some beard, got shorter and played for Arsenal today... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Honestly Wenger confused the team and himself today ... he dithered himself into cluelessness
Did he? Aniks. What's the score? Aniks, Aniks, what's the score? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

See oloshi. When did Morata score for Arsenal ... teacher no teach me nonsense :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My dear friend, I hope you forgive me for this. I will never do it again.

Now you see why I made my Morata post. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo wrote:It annoys the hell outta me every time i see Alvaro Morata in a different jersey than Arsenal or Madrid's .... both teams are truly stupid for letting this man outta their grasp .... Moreso Madrid :curse:
anikulapo wrote:You are comparing Lacazette to Morata? Are you on a wind up ?????
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Did he? Aniks. What's the score? Aniks, Aniks, what's the score? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Yeah celebrate a tap in and a penalty kick against Madrid, Bayern or no the Mighty West Sandwich :rotf: :rotf:

I understand performance vs results are a little too hard for you to comprehend :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

When in a hole, double down on cluelessness :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you have clearly fallen down the palm tree for Otimkpus and hit every branch :rotf:

Your analogies don't even make sense ....Morata leads the league in scoring and Chelshyt is in third place ...what's your point again

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My dear friend, I hope you forgive me for this. I will never do it again.

Now you see why I made my Morata post. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo wrote:It annoys the hell outta me every time i see Alvaro Morata in a different jersey than Arsenal or Madrid's .... both teams are truly stupid for letting this man outta their grasp .... Moreso Madrid :curse:
anikulapo wrote:You are comparing Lacazette to Morata? Are you on a wind up ?????
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:And where will Ozil play? How about Wilshere?
kajifu wrote:Ramsey has ball this last two games.Play him in that hole number 10 if you not playing my boy Iwobi
Wilshere playing Europa,Ozil on bench texting his agent for January transfer and Thursday football.
Ramsey has done well and it will be criminal playing Ozil,Ramsey and Xhacrap same time.
I just w ish Ramsey find his old form that lasted 3 months.If he can do that this season or play like he did for Wales Ozil should be a Europa starter...
But as long as its Wenger in charge we are in one way or the other screw up.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Loving Lacazette to max. In my wildest dreams, I never expected him to start this well.

Those of us old and lucky enough to be around then will know the last time we had a player with the nose and instinct for goal like Lacazette was Ian Wright. What is even better is, his poaching ability goes with his overall and plenty other gifts as a footballer.

It a joy to watch him play. He does not give it lip like Wrighty used to do by taunting defenders, but his movement is always too intelligent. He always seems to find space whilst taking up the best positions to score. Then he has that other sublime gift - a stupendous first touch.

But all of this is not enough, like Wrighty, you think he will relax and wait for his chance. Nope. He hustles and battles for every ball and every blade of grass. Defenders get no single second of rest with him around. Just look how many times he battles and wins balls off defenders and midfielders.

What I understand and love is the value of such a player in a football game. They are priceless. With a fit and firing Lacazette, you can go anywhere and nick 3 points after playing s**t all game. All it will take is, a half chance.

Arsenal struggled in that first half against West Brom, we really should be at least a goal down, but playing badly did not stop us taking a priceless lead into half time. All because of the talent of a player who sniffed out and poached a goal from nothing. This will become a regular occurrence cos we have one man called Lacazette.

God! We keep him fit, anything is possible cos he will score 25 to 30 league goals this season.

That 1st half last night took me back to the days of George Graham, when we played s**t, Wrighty will nick it and it's, 'One nil to 'The Arsenal'. We all loved it.

I am loving it now because it is only a matter of time a fitter and sharper Lacazette will win us games away from home, this will make us serious title challengers.

In Lacazette, we now have the most important and vital ingredient for title winning success. What we now need is a tight defence and were are serious contenders and challengers this season.

If anyone cannot see this, they are beyond help. For me, I will enjoy my football and my Arsenal. I will stick with them and back them to the hilt cos the Manager is also changing the team and the way we play.

We are moving on from Ozil and Sanchez. Shame we did not get Lemar in the summer. Lemar would have given us serious work rate and top class creativity.

When I watch us play the pragmatic, defensive game like we have done twice against Chelsea, without Sanchez and Ozil, I am wistful, cos even me can see how Lemar would have been perfect in a set up without Ozil and Sanchez.

Hopefully, Wenger is correct when he says we will get the player in the next window.

Wenger has been more pragmatic/defensive in recent games. Gone are the days, a fit Ozil walks into the team. Even Sanchez knows he will be benched if he does not perform. I like this approach. Having Lemar would have meant eating your cake and having it.

Wenger knows with Lacazette, he does not need to take unecessarily risks to create chances cos we only score from a few of them. The Manager knows, with Lacazette, we do not even need to create a chance to score a goal. So we can be pragmatic and keep it tight.

I am of course quietly optimistic for the best this season cos.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

How should we line up in Europa on Thursday?
Hope my boy Wilshere start,i feel like this is his last chance at beloved.
Who saw Gibbs yesterday?He was one of their best player.The fans at emirate from my tv show him love.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:Loving Lacazette to max. In my wildest dreams, I never expected him to start this well.

Those of us old and lucky enough to be around then will know the last time we had a player with the nose and instinct for goal like Lacazette was Ian Wright. What is even better is, his poaching ability goes with his overall and plenty other gifts as a footballer.

It a joy to watch him play. He does not give it lip like Wrighty used to do by taunting defenders, but his movement is always too intelligent. He always seems to find space whilst taking up the best positions to score. Then he has that other sublime gift - a stupendous first touch.

But all of this is not enough, like Wrighty, you think he will relax and wait for his chance. Nope. He hustles and battles for every ball and every blade of grass. Defenders get no single second of rest with him around. Just look how many times he battles and wins balls off defenders and midfielders.

What I understand and love is the value of such a player in a football game. They are priceless. With a fit and firing Lacazette, you can go anywhere and nick 3 points after playing s**t all game. All it will take is, a half chance.

Arsenal struggled in that first half against West Brom, we really should be at least a goal down, but playing badly did not stop us taking a priceless lead into half time. All because of the talent of a player who sniffed out and poached a goal from nothing. This will become a regular occurrence cos we have one man called Lacazette.

God! We keep him fit, anything is possible cos he will score 25 to 30 league goals this season.

That 1st half last night took me back to the days of George Graham, when we played s**t, Wrighty will nick it and it's, 'One nil to 'The Arsenal'. We all loved it.

I am loving it now because it is only a matter of time a fitter and sharper Lacazette will win us games away from home, this will make us serious title challengers.

In Lacazette, we now have the most important and vital ingredient for title winning success. What we now need is a tight defence and were are serious contenders and challengers this season.

If anyone cannot see this, they are beyond help. For me, I will enjoy my football and my Arsenal. I will stick with them and back them to the hilt cos the Manager is also changing the team and the way we play.

We are moving on from Ozil and Sanchez. Shame we did not get Lemar in the summer. Lemar would have given us serious work rate and top class creativity.

When I watch us play the pragmatic, defensive game like we have done twice against Chelsea, without Sanchez and Ozil, I am wistful, cos even me can see how Lemar would have been perfect in a set up without Ozil and Sanchez.

Hopefully, Wenger is correct when he says we will get the player in the next window.

Wenger has been more pragmatic/defensive in recent games. Gone are the days, a fit Ozil walks into the team. Even Sanchez knows he will be benched if he does not perform. I like this approach. Having Lemar would have meant eating your cake and having it.

Wenger knows with Lacazette, he does not need to take unecessarily risks to create chances cos we only score from a few of them. The Manager knows, with Lacazette, we do not even need to create a chance to score a goal. So we can be pragmatic and keep it tight.

I am of course quietly optimistic for the best this season cos.
Haba you don start making me excited but please help answer this question.Ozil and Sanchez are top players you know it.So if Lacazette can finish those half chances.Will it not make sense to used Ozil king of pass to create plenty chances for Lacazette?
Also I don't know much about Lemar,but how good is the kid?i know he is good player but I will take Sanchez over him,i think he is still learning and need to be ontop of his game for like 4 season going.Just 21 years old.What if other clubs hijack the deal?So are you sure beloved will sign players this coming window?
What is up with Wilshere?Some says he is gone next summer that Wenger refused to give him new contract with wilshere begging Wenger.
So what is the plan to improved the defense?But I have seen Lacazette miss open net back to back games.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Waffi do you belived the team is complete to compete for the title?Last time you said the team will finish at worst top 3 if we cant win the league.Do you still see the team that good to win the league?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nacho Montreal is now the dogs bollocks at LCD, but I remember the insults when Wenger first played him in CD. He will not be the player he is now had he not played in CD. As usual, no credit.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Watching CL without beloved is like CE without Arsenal related news and development thread.Just never the same sha.
Hope we are going to be back either finish top 4 or through our Europa trophy
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I hope Wilshere will have an injury free year, and finally fulfill his promise, like the injury prone Van Pussie did.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:Nacho Montreal is now the dogs bollocks at LCD, but I remember the insults when Wenger first played him in CD. He will not be the player he is now had he not played in CD. As usual, no credit.
As in...Fans sha...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:I hope Wilshere will have an injury free year, and finally fulfill his promise, like the injury prone Van Pussie did.
It might be the best thing so we can get Xhacrap a lot out of the lineup

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Starting line-up for Tmr.

Osssssspina

Mustafi Per Holding

Nelson Elneny Jacque M-Niles

Theophilus Big OG Chuba!!!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu