The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:The guys looked good in Training. Matches are coming up at a furious pace. Theophilus, Big OG, LeCoq Sportif, Jacques, Mo ElNeny, will have lots of matches to play.

So you watched the training session? :rotf:
Is Mustafi still faking injury? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Watching Ronaldo el phenomenon winning the UEFA cup with Barca 97 and Inter 98 (with Kanu and Taribo as teammates).

I don't understand fans of today yabbing the FA cup and Europa league. Bull!

Hope Wenger makes the Europa league his priority.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:Watching Ronaldo el phenomenon winning the UEFA cup with Barca 97 and Inter 98 (with Kanu and Taribo as teammates).

I don't understand fans of today yabbing the FA cup and Europa league. Bull!

Hope Wenger makes the Europa league his priority.
Dude FA cup is not a priority for big clubs.You want to win the major trophies like league and CL.
EUROPA is important if you not playing cl you try to win it.You win it you are in cl even if you finish 12 in the league. I believe Wenger Wil take it serious during knock out stage. Can he win it, for beloved?
Let's see how it play out though I lost faith in Wenger.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Arsenal spine is so weak. Cech well past it ,the CB's not far behind and midfield always asleep at the switch. off the ball Arsenal are absolute trash. Slow, sloppy and so often just plain stupid.

10+ years and simply can't get this team to lock in consistently. Can't carry discipline of performances against likes of Chelsea, Burnley and Spurs into the week or month let alone over duration of a PL season.
Detective Bunk Moreland

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:The guys looked good in Training. Matches are coming up at a furious pace. Theophilus, Big OG, LeCoq Sportif, Jacques, Mo ElNeny, will have lots of matches to play.

So you watched the training session? :rotf:
Is Mustafi still faking injury? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Yes :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal spine is so weak. Cech well past it ,the CB's not far behind and midfield always asleep at the switch. off the ball Arsenal are absolute trash. Slow, sloppy and so often just plain stupid.

10+ years and simply can't get this team to lock in consistently. Can't carry discipline of performances against likes of Chelsea, Burnley and Spurs into the week or month let alone over duration of a PL season.

Er my guy what did you say last week??? :woot: cmon now
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:
bepanda wrote:Shouldn't you wish for a draw so that Arsenal can gain 2 points on both after our in tomorrow? You don't want us to catch up to those guys?
Nkume wrote:BTW, I hope Shity smack the shite out of Maunreenhoe and his bunch of misfits. I hope Shitty spell MAN UNT! I predict 6-0.
We are not winning the league or catchiny SHitty. We can catch Mumu FC.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If only they could look good on Match Days, ey? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal spine is so weak. Cech well past it ,the CB's not far behind and midfield always asleep at the switch. off the ball Arsenal are absolute trash. Slow, sloppy and so often just plain stupid.

I bow down :agree:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

What's indisputable is that this Arsenal team & how it's led makes us a non-competitor for league title in at least 3 of the major leagues in Europe. When it comes to shaping a squad for the season - we've gone against the prevailing trend - become weaker. I've only watched ex-Arsenal defender(Gabriel Paulista) once & it was against Barca - he was a massive steal for £10m - his main assignment was Suarez - da kid showed up.
We lack the stinginess in defense as far as goals conceded to dance at the top.
If i understand AW at all - he's attempting to do what Pep's Barca & Bayern "sometimes" did - play offensive intricate football - cut teams open & score but our lack of efficiency in front of goal's staggering.
We've a central midfield with very poor defensive instincts but worse goal & assist returns given their forays into the opponent's half - like the rest of the team shooting a ball seems to be seen as a call for attack of the Bees. With all respect to the fanhood - whilst i respect Ramsey, i am past tired of dude making the runs but no conversion of chances - i know y'all waiting for him to reach nirvana as it was in '13 - people, it a UFO deal - so JFK - yep, History - ain't happening again.
I will take a midfielder with 1/2 the chances & 70% odd goal conversion. Xhaka has to go the bench - he came in(at the beginning) with postage stamp placement long distance shots but recently it's been Rugby & grid iron field goals
Our everything & the kitchen sink approach to scoring goals is a kamikaze dance that feels like a pursuit of a nauseous philosophy with boomerang written all over it.

:curse: :veryangry:

P/S:Giroud's celebration after scoring was Man in the mirror saying play me more - team? let's go pursue a win? - nah pettyAF.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:What's indisputable is that this Arsenal team & how it's led makes us a non-competitor for league title in at least 3 of the major leagues in Europe. When it comes to shaping a squad for the season - we've gone against the prevailing trend - become weaker. I've only watched ex-Arsenal defender(Gabriel Paulista) once & it was against Barca - he was a massive steal for £10m - his main assignment was Suarez - da kid showed up.
If i understand AW at all - he's attempting to do what Pep's Barca & Bayern "sometimes" did - play offensive intricate football - cut teams open & score but our lack of efficiency in front of goal's staggering.
We've a central midfield with very poor defensive instincts but worse goal & assist returns given their forays into the opponent's half - like the rest of the team shooting a ball seems to be seen as a call for attack of the Bees. With all respect to the fanhood - whilst i respect Ramsey, i am past tired of dude making the runs but no conversion of chances - i know y'all waiting for him to reach nirvana as it was in '13 - people, it a UFO deal - so JFK - yep, History - ain't happening again.
I will take a midfielder with 1/2 the chances & 70% odd goal conversion. Xhaka has to go the bench - he came in(at the beginning) with postage stamp placement long distance shots but recently it's been Rugby & grid iron field goals
Our everything & the kitchen sink approach to scoring goals is a kamikaze dance that feels like a pursuit of a nauseous philosophy with boomerang written all over it.

P/S:Giroud's celebration after scoring was Man in the mirror saying play me more - team? let's go pursue a win? - nah pettyAF.
Please lets dont blame the players is Wenger fault,give this same team to another decent manager and see the difference.
Wenger reward bad performance,Belle has been poor,who is his competition to bench him?
Why not play the kid Holding if likes of KOS,Mert having a bad day?Xhaka had beenhaving some poor game but watch him start again,what of Ramsey?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

tolahs wrote:What's indisputable is that this Arsenal team & how it's led makes us a non-competitor for league title in at least 3 of the major leagues in Europe. When it comes to shaping a squad for the season - we've gone against the prevailing trend - become weaker. I've only watched ex-Arsenal defender(Gabriel Paulista) once & it was against Barca - he was a massive steal for £10m - his main assignment was Suarez - da kid showed up.

Arsenal don't respect the game and the thin margins between victory, draws and defeats. Arsenal don't respect the opposition, Arsenal mindset so snobbish, just show up, "do what we do" and viola 3 points assured. I really don't know what Arsenal do on the training pitch especially in terms of Defending and application without the ball. Arsenal also have the most inept CM's in terms of defensive nous.
Detective Bunk Moreland

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Arsenal don't respect the game and the thin margins between victory, draws and defeats. Arsenal don't respect the opposition, Arsenal mindset so snobbish, just show up, "do what we do" and viola 3 points assured. I really don't know what Arsenal do on the training pitch especially in terms of Defending and application without the ball. Arsenal also have the most inept CM's in terms of defensive nous.
But you said that Arsenal was ready! And the performance against United has shown you that Arsenal is ready and will defeat the world. :rotf: :rotf:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:

Please lets dont blame the players is Wenger fault,give this same team to another decent manager and see the difference.
Wenger reward bad performance,Belle has been poor,who is his competition to bench him?
Why not play the kid Holding if likes of KOS,Mert having a bad day?Xhaka had beenhaving some poor game but watch him start again,what of Ramsey?
Big dawg, do i have to mention dude to make sense - who leads the team again?
Holding has regressed terribly - lacks confidence & is full of errors. We should compete seriously to get Virgil van Dijk. We must get
MF ballwinner.
I hope AW switches it up on Weds - WH will be direct & physical - maybe time for Welbeck. Jack & Giroud.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Xhaka is no.10 for his nation while Ramsey can't defend - you well remember how during a game(not too long ago) Silva or later Song could assuringly slot in the backline - Arsene has totally & fruitlessly abandoned that defensive shield that extended careers of
much feted past defenders.
Offensively, we are getting to predictable.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Who are we playing on Wednesday?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Who are we playing on Wednesday?

Wednesday 13th December:Premier League: West Ham United 20:00 (A)
Saturday 16th December:Premier League: Newcastle United 15:00 (H)

*Tuesday 19th December:EFL Cup Quarter-Final West Ham United 19:45 (H)

Friday 22nd December: Premier League - Liverpool 19:45 (H)
Thursday 28th December:Premier League - Crystal Palace 20:00 (A)
Sunday 31st December:Premier League - West Bromwich Albion 16:30 (A)

We've W.H. - PL(13th) & League Cup(19th) - The Europa cup players will be important for the 19th cos we've Liverpool 3days later - they don't play for 5 or 6 days b4 - WH though are in a relegation battle.

p/s:A Ramsey - Hamstring Injury
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Looking ahead to our top 4 chances -it'll be a helluva battle. We went to Etihad Stadium on 5th Nov, 10matches in & 9pts behind Manc - Today(10th Dec) 16matches in we're 17 pts behind - they've scored 18 more goals & conceded 9 less. They're averaging 2.9pts per game while we're @1.8. We're only some 42% thru the fixtures.
At the beginning of the season Per Mertesacker said he was struggling to play 2matches a week, we know about Kos's Achilles issues - you can therefore surmise that will be reduced practice time & less intense for both of this veterans - more body maintenance work - but we still want to put them thru the rigours of a hard season. We lose Gabriel & Mustafi looked to be on his way out too.
We obviously need at least a PL tried & tested defender with pace & power(ASAP) - Holding & Chambers ain't ready for this level yet - it makes sense to nudge Per Mertesacker into taking an early retirement - we all know what his immediate future is about - he can't do it anymore.

Even with rest & care - Ramsey(no diss) has picked up a hamstring injury - we need an athletic ball winning MF who can shield our backline & mix it - most of our rivals will go heavy in Jan - we better get it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Given recent results at the Saints, this was not a bad result. I do not agree with the doom and gloom merchants. I put this game plus Leicester and West Ham Away as our toughest out of the top 6. Getting a point after an average performance was not bad.

We are in the race for 2nd, with Sanchez being hopeless and non committed again in application and overall performance, I ask when are we going to be rid of him? He gave away the ball 32 times today, just 2 short of his record in the ManU game before. Sanchez, is a top player but he is not doing it at present. I will not miss him when he is gone. Bellerin needs to be dropped, he has been poor for too many games since last season.

When we needed momentum we lost Ramsey and had to play out the last 10 minutes plus extra time with 10 men cos we had used all subs. Given the circumstances, it was not a bad result in my opinion.

Wenger knows games are coming thick and fast, our home record is key but we must improve away from home. We have the game, system and tactics, but we need all players concentrating for 90 minutes. In the modern game, you do not get away with giving up the first goal like we once did with the type of players we can afford. The stats are there, even though we have the best record coming
from behind in the league this season, our record when we score first is far more impressive.

Unfortunately for us, we just cannot keep a stable unit of defenders, our best defensive combo of Mustafi, Kos and Monreal have conceded the least goals (2) but we need them playing more times together. With Ramsey being out, I wonder who plays against West Ham. Does he change it, making Xhaka play a DM role as opposed to box to box CM role, with Wilshere as his partner? Or does he play both as box to box CMs? Like he has done with Xhaka and Ramsey?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

16 games into the season and we are already 17 games behind. We are not even half way through the season. We could finish 30 points behind City. And we want to compete against these guys?
You still like that 2 year extension we gave Wenger? Every week, Wenger plays the same lineup. We all know that players have been underperforming, but they keep starting the next game, then the next game, ... is this the coaching staff that can bring you a title?
Buying new player ain't going to change anything. Players retiring ain't going to change anything. Wenger needs to go.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:Looking ahead to our top 4 chances -it'll be a helluva battle. We went to Etihad Stadium on 5th Nov, 10matches in & 9pts behind Manc - Today(10th Dec) 16matches in we're 17 pts behind - they've scored 18 more goals & conceded 9 less. They're averaging 2.9pts per game while we're @1.8. We're only some 42% thru the fixtures.
At the beginning of the season Per Mertesacker said he was struggling to play 2matches a week, we know about Kos's Achilles issues - you can therefore surmise that will be reduced practice time & less intense for both of this veterans - more body maintenance work - but we still want to put them thru the rigours of a hard season. We lose Gabriel & Mustafi looked to be on his way out too.
We obviously need at least a PL tried & tested defender with pace & power(ASAP) - Holding & Chambers ain't ready for this level yet - it makes sense to nudge Per Mertesacker into taking an early retirement - we all know what his immediate future is about - he can't do it anymore.

Even with rest & care - Ramsey(no diss) has picked up a hamstring injury - we need an athletic ball winning MF who can shield our backline & mix it - most of our rivals will go heavy in Jan - we better get it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

To the moaners here, I ask. How many points are ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool behind City? How much did they spend when compared to us?

We have to find a way to compete with City's money and we are trying to, from recent appointments. If you compare us to City with the resources spent, you are living in lala land. Get real and smell the coffee, the race is for 2nd, and we are in that race. I put my money we finish 2nd this season. City will win the title with record number of points on the basis of the huge money spent by City since Pep arrived.

In 2 years, Pep has spent more money than Arsenal did in Wenger's first 12 years when you adjust for inflation. With a Coach like him, you walk the league like they are doing right now. Pep with the money is the Mourinho destroyer, he did it in Spain, he is doing it here in the EPL at present.

To compare us with City is to look at other teams with far more resources and ask the same questions. If you put Arsenal in isolation, you have issues and a clear agenda. Which many here have always had without context or intelligence.

We all have an idea how to improve, but those employed to do the job know better and they are trying. If this new team pull off the signing of Leon Goretzka like is rumoured they are trying to do, then I say, we can compete. Too often we have missed out on top quality young players, we have spent the money on people to get us such quality, if they succeed, we can compete again. The teams better than us are better cos of quality and they pay over the odds for quality. If we can't pay over the odds we need to find a way to compete for the title.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@Bepanda no mind some fans here,
Arsenal is 17 points behind City already with 16 games gone.If this team was well coach and manage we should have pick points against Stoke,Watford,Manu,,Liverpool etc.Did our lost to Watford,Stoke,Liverpool and Manu etc got anything to do with money spend?
We are the most rested teams in the top 6 yet we look the most tired team.
Chelsea won the league and some say its because they had no European football.We are playing B team not first team in Europe yet we look clueless most part with fresh legs yet some wanted to bring money as the main reason we have not won.
Give Wenger City money he will still buy likes of Xhaka and Mustafi etc