The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Nkume »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Let us count trophies at the end of the season.

Wenger is a legend!
So was Bertie Mee, so was George Graham..since when did managers earn tenure?

Notion in 2018 Arsenal can't find a superior manager to Wenger is off the charts absurd.
Wenger will go one day. He will surely go. For now, please get behind the man and the team.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Let us count trophies at the end of the season.

Wenger is a legend!
So was Bertie Mee, so was George Graham..since when did managers earn tenure?

Notion in 2018 Arsenal can't find a superior manager to Wenger is off the charts absurd.
Wenger will go one day. He will surely go. For now, please get behind the man and the team.
Factual critics bothersome..welp that's you problem.

Not sure what other people do for a living but in my entire career detailed,consistent analysis and criticism are a part of the job. Idea anyone gets to rest on laurels or avoid criticism due to a success days, weeks, months and years prior simply does not exist in any ambitious, ultra competitive business.

This cupcake culture at Arsenal where AW is above reproach and must be blindly backed regardless of previous results is simply out touch in ultra competitive 2018 environment be it sports, entertainment, tech, accounting..etc etc.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

anikulapo wrote:
mmeny wrote:Why all the moaning the team has been out of title contention for a while yet people still come here to moan every other day. Jeez, give it a rest.

Lil Poodle how bodi? Dem don let you out of ya small kennel :rotf: :rotf: Nna how ya bakery nah? E don fall back into bankruptcy ? :rotf: :rotf:

Little empty vessel :mrgreen: :lol:
Bakery fall into bankruptcy with you as one number one patron?? mbanu!!! Impossicant!!! We are open all day and even do uber deliveries :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We have your specials, feel free to place your order at anytime. Egbe Oshi You have our menu and number on speed dial. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by mmeny on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
One think for sure this season is that likes of Barca and Bayern miss Arsenal.
To think the 5 English team so far have done decent and likely 3 to 4 might be in the last 8 of knock out stage.
Arsenal best chance to return to CL is win Europa league.No way we can close the gap for 4th place,europa look much easier than finishing top 4.5 teams better than us,we will need 2 to drop serious points for us to finish inside top 4 and I doubt it will happen.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Will Nacho Monreal captain the team tomorrow? Could also be Iwobi / Ozil or ... Granit Xhaka ?
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:likely 11 tomorrow in Sweden
Ospina
Bellerin---Chambers--Mustafi---Monreal
Xhaka--Elneny--
Iwobi--Ozil---Mkhitaryan
Welbeck
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal asking Wilshere to take a pay cut? Milan and Juventus on the rebound.
After spending 370k / week on Ozil, Arsenal wants to pay Jack 1/4 of that money .
Bepanda

Juve and Serie A rivals AC Milan have both previously been keen.
A fit and firing Wilshere would be great value as a free-agent signing, but it is understood he is keen to commit himself at Arsenal.
The lifelong Gunner is currently on £110,000-a-week, and Arsenal have offered a deal worth around £90,000-a-week but with big incentives linked to success and appearances because of his lengthy injury record.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal asking Wilshere to take a pay cut? Milan and Juventus on the rebound.
After spending 370k / week on Ozil, Arsenal wants to pay Jack 1/4 of that money .
Bepanda

A fit and firing Wilshere would be great value as a free-agent signing, but it is understood he is keen to commit himself at Arsenal.
The lifelong Gunner is currently on £110,000-a-week, and Arsenal have offered a deal worth around £90,000-a-week but with big incentives linked to success and appearances because of his lengthy injury record.

The club is a bloody joke. Wilshere who has been excellent since coming back while Ozil has been the same useless shyt and is rewarded with the largest contract in team history. Honestly Wilshere should give Arsenal the finger and move on :curse:

Stupid Club :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Arsenal asking Wilshere to take a pay cut? Milan and Juventus on the rebound.
Bepanda

The club is a bloody joke. Wilshere who has been excellent since coming back while Ozil has been the same useless shyt and is rewarded with the largest contract in team history. Honestly Wilshere should give Arsenal the finger and move on :curse:

Just how many games has he played over the past 7years? The contract presented to him is performance based. I believe he’ll make more, if he stays injury free.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda

Just how many games has he played over the past 7years? The contract presented to him is performance based. I believe he’ll make more, if he stays injury free.

What has Ozil done in all the seasons he has played at Arsenal to warrant the salary he is earning given that no team in Europe wanted any part of him ? Jack would actually do well I’m serie A . A cerebral technical player like him would actually thrive in that league
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda

What has Ozil done in all the seasons he has played at Arsenal to warrant the salary he is earning given that no team in Europe wanted any part of him ? Jack would actually do well I’m serie A . A cerebral technical player like him would actually thrive in that league
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg is there a thursday night game thread ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda

Uncle easy,when he leave they will attack him like Alexis Sanchez .
Arsenal is not a serious club and never was since moving to Emirates
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

frankly was ecstatic AW did not start Xhaka and opted for AMN.

Great result, whilst not a perfect performance based on this season away struggles any 3-0 away victory is a job well done.

Arsenal have a clear path to next rd, AW can rest key players in the 2nd leg, get ready for man city in league cup final, pray for a speedy recovery for Lacazette or another kind draw as welbeck upfront... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

AW gets his midfield right i.e Jack, AMN and Elneny and yes Arsenal has legit shot to win the Europa league.
Detective Bunk Moreland

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Xhaka will start the next game. That's a guarantee. I can even take it to the bank.
Because Wenger won't be bullied by CE and ArsenalTV fans !!!
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote: AW gets his midfield right i.e Jack, AMN and Elneny and yes Arsenal has legit shot to win the Europa league.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:frankly was ecstatic AW did not start Xhaka and opted for AMN.

Great result, whilst not a perfect performance based on this season away struggles any 3-0 away victory is a job well done.

Arsenal have a clear path to next rd, AW can rest key players in the 2nd leg, get ready for man city in league cup final, pray for a speedy recovery for Lacazette or another kind draw as welbeck upfront... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don’t think resting players has made a difference with this mob unfortunately :curse:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

AW gets his midfield right i.e Jack, AMN and Elneny and yes Arsenal has legit shot to win the Europa league.

:agree: :agree: :agree: but sadly it will never happen

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

bepanda wrote:Xhaka will start the next game. That's a guarantee. I can even take it to the bank.
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote: AW gets his midfield right i.e Jack, AMN and Elneny and yes Arsenal has legit shot to win the Europa league.
He can start next game, which is Ostersunds in the Emirates with Arsenal retaining a 3-0 lead.

Even Xhaka should be able to cope with that tie.

Gives Jack, AMN and El neny a proper rest before two games on the trot vs Man City.
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
bepanda wrote:Xhaka will start the next game. That's a guarantee. I can even take it to the bank.
Bepanda
He can start next game, which is Ostersunds in the Emirates with Arsenal retaining a 3-0 lead.

Gives Jack, AMN and El neny a proper rest before two games on the trot vs Man City.
@TG do you know AMN was the player that give away that ball that let to the PK?
I know if it was xhaka you would have point it out.AMN was average today nothing special with his play but for a kid I give him B.
Arsenal should be the legit winner base on talent and quality to win the Europa.If we don't win it then it will be hard for us to return to CL football under Wenger.
I will like to see how Wenger line up back to back against City.Expect us to win both games
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Bepanda

I know if it was xhaka you would have point it out.AMN was average today nothing special with his play but for a kid I give him B.
Arsenal should be the legit winner base on talent and quality to win the Europa.If we don't win it then it will be hard for us to return to CL football under Wenger.
I will like to see how Wenger line up back to back against City.Expect us to win both games
AMN had nothing to do with PK, it was a harmless situation that was turned into PK via an absurd tackle by Hector.

AMN ability to track back, turn away from tackles, shrug off tackles was stark difference to slow, immobile, dimwitted, Xhaka.
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Bepanda

AMN had nothing to do with PK, it was a harmless situation that was turned into PK via an absurd tackle by Hector.

AMN ability to track back, turn away from tackles, shrug off tackles was stark difference to slow, immobile, dimwitted, Xhaka.
Hmmm if that was Xhaka that give away that ball like aMN did I know how most people will go after him even me but this kids get a pass.You need to watch the take and see how he try to dribble and lost the ball.Against City pray Ramsey is back healthy,he is the best two way MF we have.i agree Xhaka is slow and should be bench but our problem has nothing to do with him but Wenger....
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Bepanda

Hmmm if that was Xhaka that give away that ball like aMN did I know how most people will go after him even me but this kids get a pass.You need to watch the take and see how he try to dribble and lost the ball.Against City pray Ramsey is back healthy,he is the best two way MF we have.i agree Xhaka is slow and should be bench but our problem has nothing to do with him but Wenger....
Sorry mate but you're dead wrong.

Ostersunds tried to replicate what every other home side Arsenal has faced in last 21 months, close down, press, watch Arsenal implode as they can't cope with press. Today difference was AMN was easy on the ball, strong, quick in movement and thought.

Repeatedly AMN sidestepped, shrugged off or easily turned away on coming Ostersunds players. People simply ignore reality how easy it has been to expose a CM that retains Xhaka, the man is an albatross. If AMN were Brazilian, Portuguese, Italian, French or Spanish he would lauded for a thoroughly composed, commanding performance in CM.

AW on AMN
On Ainsley Maitland-Niles playing in central midfield

It’s his natural position. I think 80 per cent of his game was good. I feel he can win the ball back well.

Defensively he is quite strong, he has good acceleration.
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@TG you are not been honest about who give away the ball.AMN should have pass the ball but instead he try to do Neymar and lost the ball.
Trust me Xhaka is one of the most wasted signing under Wenger,never was a good player in my eyes and how Arsenal paid that amount is something Wenger need to explain.Oga Plat has help try to explain and defend him how he is wrongly used.But the are just certain things that has nothing to do with position.He is just not good enough but again he get to start the big games and regularly play.So the must be something that is forcing Wenger to play him.
Lets hope AMN become a big star for us,i must say he has done better at LB than our free signing from Germany that was hype.