The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Is Kolesinac in Wenger's doghouse?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Hector up close and personal.
He responds to you all who bash him all the time. And goes negative on CE and Arsenalfantv.

[/video]
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

bepanda wrote:Hector up close and personal.
He responds to you all who bash him all the time. And goes negative on CE and Arsenalfantv.

[/video]
Quite an impressive young man. He’s got a point about some fans, tho. Even amongst us here, there are those who reveled on Arsenal’s failure just to prove they’re right.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

[/video]
He has been crap for over a season now. And that is a fact so the heat he gets is justified and it has nothing to do with him as an individual.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
bepanda wrote:Xhaka will start the next game. That's a guarantee. I can even take it to the bank.
Because Wenger won't be bullied by CE and ArsenalTV fans !!!
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote: AW gets his midfield right i.e Jack, AMN and Elneny and yes Arsenal has legit shot to win the Europa league.
He can start next game, which is Ostersunds in the Emirates with Arsenal retaining a 3-0 lead.

Even Xhaka should be able to cope with that tie.

Gives Jack, AMN and El neny a proper rest before two games on the trot vs Man City.
@TG do you know AMN was the player that give away that ball that let to the PK?
I know if it was xhaka you would have point it out.AMN was average today nothing special with his play but for a kid I give him B.
Arsenal should be the legit winner base on talent and quality to win the Europa.If we don't win it then it will be hard for us to return to CL football under Wenger.
I will like to see how Wenger line up back to back against City.Expect us to win both games
AMN had nothing to do with PK, it was a harmless situation that was turned into PK via an absurd tackle by Hector.

AMN ability to track back, turn away from tackles, shrug off tackles was stark difference to slow, immobile, dimwitted, Xhaka.
Hmmm if that was Xhaka that give away that ball like aMN did I know how most people will go after him even me but this kids get a pass.You need to watch the take and see how he try to dribble and lost the ball.Against City pray Ramsey is back healthy,he is the best two way MF we have.i agree Xhaka is slow and should be bench but our problem has nothing to do with him but Wenger....
Sorry mate but you're dead wrong.

Ostersunds tried to replicate what every other home side Arsenal has faced in last 21 months, close down, press, watch Arsenal implode as they can't cope with press. Today difference was AMN was easy on the ball, strong, quick in movement and thought.

Repeatedly AMN sidestepped, shrugged off or easily turned away on coming Ostersunds players. People simply ignore reality how easy it has been to expose a CM that retains Xhaka, the man is an albatross. If AMN were Brazilian, Portuguese, Italian, French or Spanish he would lauded for a thoroughly composed, commanding performance in CM.

AW on AMN
On Ainsley Maitland-Niles playing in central midfield

It’s his natural position. I think 80 per cent of his game was good. I feel he can win the ball back well.

Defensively he is quite strong, he has good acceleration.

Kajifu you be my guy but TG Is spot on here
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“It’s his natural position,” Wenger said of Maitland-Niles. “I think 80 per cent of his game was good, and I feel he can win the ball back well.

“Defensively he’s quite strong, he’s got good acceleration and it’s a positive game for a first run.”
I’m happy Wenger is dialed in on where AMN is best suited to help Arsenal ... Long Live the Next Ngolo Kante :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:@TG you are not been honest about who give away the ball.AMN should have pass the ball but instead he try to do Neymar and lost the ball.
Trust me Xhaka is one of the most wasted signing under Wenger,never was a good player in my eyes and how Arsenal paid that amount is something Wenger need to explain.Oga Plat has help try to explain and defend him how he is wrongly used.But the are just certain things that has nothing to do with position.He is just not good enough but again he get to start the big games and regularly play.So the must be something that is forcing Wenger to play him.
Lets hope AMN become a big star for us,i must say he has done better at LB than our free signing from Germany that was hype.
Mate watch the game again. AMN ability to pass and receive the ball in tight spaces was crucial, his ability to trackback at pace, his power and quickness made Arsenal CM tick. Elneny job in particular was made so much easier with AMN as his side.

Also watch AMN movement on the Ozil goal and how said movement intelligently dragged Ostersunds players out of position and created the space for Ozil to put the game and the tie to bed.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/other/m ... l-3-0.html

Say again if AW opts with CM of Jack, Elneny and AMN the Arsenal have a legit shot at winning the Europa league.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Arsenal fan tv and robbie taking a battering after Hector totally owned them...LOVE IT!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal fan tv and robbie taking a battering after Hector totally owned them...LOVE IT!!!!

Let Hector own opponents on the pitch. I'll TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal fan tv and robbie taking a battering after Hector totally owned them...LOVE IT!!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

To be fair to him, he's been a lot better lately. It isnt his fault he has no competition, that's on the club.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And the stupid PK caused in Sweden was "better" ?
Come on ... he plays like a guy who doesn't have competition. Wenger wants him to succeed badly.
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

To be fair to him, he's been a lot better lately. It isnt his fault he has no competition, that's on the club.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Not sure he is "a lot better lately". Still average, poor crosses, etc
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

@Waffi, did see Ospina save a penalty. Yeah the team Ost-whatever might be lowly but the penalty taker placed it well. You wanna wagger a bet if your Cech living on old glory would have said that. The result would have been Arsenal 3 Ost-watever 1.

Remember our discussion again when Cech was signed after a 6 months period in which Ospina was rated the best goalie in the premiership. Another reminder of what would have been if Cech has not been brought in to usurp his position. Just imagine where the healthy rivalry between Ospina and Woj would have taken us by now.
Anyways Ospina saved and at the last count 13 or so penalties have been taken against Cech in Arsenal jersey and he has saved nada.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
“It’s his natural position,” Wenger said of Maitland-Niles. “I think 80 per cent of his game was good, and I feel he can win the ball back well.

“Defensively he’s quite strong, he’s got good acceleration and it’s a positive game for a first run.”
I’m happy Wenger is dialed in on where AMN is best suited to help Arsenal ... Long Live the Next Ngolo Kante :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I hope you are not suggesting this is a recent development, because it is not.

When all those 'know it alls' that think they judge youth talent better than the Manager at youth games, wrote the kid off as never going to make it in the first team cos he is not good enough while playing in wide positions, it was Wenger who plotted this player's development. Even when played wide positions Wenger would ask he is played central in a few games, then send him out wide again.

Sending players out wide is a development technique Wenger as used for years, he has talked about how playing wide on your right side, i.e. a right footed player play wide right, makes you learn to keep the ball closer and improve close control, use of your wrong foot, because you have half the space if you are playing in the middle. He has talked about how it improves your peripherals vision, overall technique, playing in tight spaces etc. etc. We have seen over the years how he has used this development technique on numerous players.

I have also noticed how Wenger improves young players defensively by playing them in defensive positions. Coquelin, who fancied himself as an AM, played Wide Right and RB in the youth teams. I wish Coq was not so stubborn, he forced his way out, and he also argued with Wenger for years he was an AM.

Niles is a model pro, who listened to Wenger, worked hard learning his trade. When he played central, in the Reserves, training etc, he learnt. When at RB and LB, he learnt. I heard from an experienced youth team Coach that Wenger felt JET would have made a great CD and CM, but JET thought himself a number 10 or striker and refused to apply himself when asked to play a different position. We all know the rest. Compare and contrast that attitude to Niles.

Niles, who was dubbed the lazy winger who will not track back by the same group of people who also wrote off Iwobi, now looks like the only one from his group who will make it at Arsenal. So when Wenger personally hand picked the kid, to the surprise and shock of many, he knew what he was doing.

Txj has observed the recruitment at Arsenal and questioned the strategy. He is not the only one. Many have wondered if Wenger signed those players cos they lack the combination of athleticism and technique Wenger demands of his type of players amongst other things. Whatever the truth is to all those signings, at least we are seeing Wenger develop young players who have exactly the type of attributes, a lot of those signings lack.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:@Waffi, did see Ospina save a penalty. Yeah the team Ost-whatever might be lowly but the penalty taker placed it well. You wanna wagger a bet if your Cech living on old glory would have said that. The result would have been Arsenal 3 Ost-watever 1.

Remember our discussion again when Cech was signed after a 6 months period in which Ospina was rated the best goalie in the premiership. Another reminder of what would have been if Cech has not been brought in to usurp his position. Just imagine where the healthy rivalry between Ospina and Woj would have taken us by now.
Anyways Ospina saved and at the last count 13 or so penalties have been taken against Cech in Arsenal jersey and he has saved nada.
My bro, as much as I see your point, I am still firmly of the view signing Cech was the right decision. This season though, he is showing his age. Ospina save was low to his right. The side scouts believe Cech is weak, so they encourage shots targeted at that area.

On Szczesny, word is, combination of disciplinary (loan) then financial forced his sale. I am not happy about the Szczesny situation. I feel he should be at the club right now. Let's hope Arsenal put in buy back clause for the player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Ahahahahahahahah :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see criminal Olodo with Ogboju ole .... Mugu Arsenal actually made a transfer profit:THIS YEAR!!!!!

Foolish olodo, Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi were not bought this season .... You, like Waffi, are entitled to ya opinions but not your own set of fables masquerading as FACTS :mrgreen:

OLODO here is FREE EDUCATION :mrgreen:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... enausgaben
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Spot on Aniks. Arsenal have financial issues with regards to the EPL rules ratio that uses revenue to income due to not being in the CL. In an attempt to revamp the squad and keep to this rule, Arsenal has indeed made a profit from the last two windows whilst lowering its wage bill. I have said here that Arsenal were looking to be rid of up to 15 players. It is actually looking like 15 to 17 players. 13 players have been sold and loaned out in 2 windows. I don't see more than 2 of the players loaned out returning.

My financial analysis put Arsenal in the best position financially should they get CL football with a whole raft of Sponsorship deals to be renewed. But all of this hinge on CL football. It is no wonder Europa now looks like our priority.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:

[/video]
Quite an impressive young man. He’s got a point about some fans, tho. Even amongst us here, there are those who reveled on Arsenal’s failure just to prove they’re right.
He is indeed a very impressive young man. There is a story I always tell here about him. But I have not told it in detail.

When he first joined, I was at the first youth game a few games after. He did not play but I was sat in the VIP area of the stadium right behind Bellerin during the game.

I usually seat in that position behind the players, so I noticed a new face. He was seating with the English players and it was he has been there for years. They had a nickname for him (Bells) already, cos they could not pronounce his name properly. For a player with little English, the way he already in with the English boys, using colloquial terms like 'gaffer' spoke millions to me about the character of the boy.

Bellerin will be the first to admit he had some education when he arrived. But he has since educated himself.

A real shame that the impressive showing at Oxford University in which Bellerin spoke so well on wide ranging and topical issues is now drowned out by a 2 second segment responding to a question about some fan TV.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Ahahahahahahahah :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see criminal Olodo with Ogboju ole .... Mugu Arsenal actually made a transfer profit:THIS YEAR!!!!!

Foolish olodo, Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi were not bought this season .... You, like Waffi, are entitled to ya opinions but not your own set of fables masquerading as FACTS :mrgreen:

Spot on Aniks. Arsenal have financial issues with regards to the EPL rules ratio that uses revenue to income due to not being in the CL. In an attempt to revamp the squad and keep to this rule, Arsenal has indeed made a profit from the last two windows whilst lowering its wage bill. I have said here that Arsenal were looking to be rid of up to 15 players. It is actually looking like 15 to 17 players. 13 players have been sold and loaned out in 2 windows. I don't see more than 2 of the players loaned out returning.

My financial analysis put Arsenal in the best position financially should they get CL football with a whole raft of Sponsorship deals to be renewed. But all of this hinge on CL football. It is no wonder Europa now looks like our priority.

If they had sold Xhacrap and let the parasites contract run out they would have made even more even more money and had a more cohesive team :taunt: :taunt:

Neither parasite would have been missed and the team more profitable :curse:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

If they had sold Xhacrap and let the parasites contract run out they would have made even more even more money and had a more cohesive team :taunt: :taunt:

Arsenal changing right before your eyes. Open your eyes and forget about individual players.

Listen to Wenger, the kid Niles is in. Do you really think he will lose his spot now? Unless Niles is a victim of that flu bug that has wrecked havoc in the squad before the Spuds game, he will play from now till the end of the season, so long as he performs. I see 3 senior players fighting to play with him. If you doubt me, do your homework.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Arsenal changing right before your eyes. Open your eyes and forget about individual players.

Listen to Wenger, the kid Niles is in. Do you really think he will lose his spot now? Unless Niles is a victim of that flu bug that has wrecked havoc in the squad before the Spuds game, he will play from now till the end of the season, so long as he performs. I see 3 senior players fighting to play with him. If you doubt me, do your homework.

Er listen to who? Er I was the first one to say Niles should be our next Kante and Xhacrap belongs in the scrap heap .... what are you on again :taunt: :taunt:

And Yes I doubt you with more than 10seasons of evidence and reasons :mrgreen:

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Flu bug, before Spurs game? #excuses :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Flu bug, before Spurs game? #excuses :sneaky:
We beat you at the Emirates, you beat us at Wembley. All square. Just fark off and try to win some silverware. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Is Kolesinac in Wenger's doghouse?
:???: :?: :?: Too long out....
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.