The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:What is the expectation from Arsenal fans??? W
As usual, given our expenditure on wages, which is now 5th in the league and has been for 3 seasons. I will take top 4 right now and a trophy will be a bonus.

With regards to transfer expenditure, most of what has been spent especially recently have been paid for with players sales. Once again, we have a situation where our budget for the summer is £50m unless we sell to buy again.

Nothing has changed, just a new structure and a new Head Coach.
So why do Arsenal fans get angry for not winning EPL, CL etc. Target is clear! If you aim for top 4 and get top 6, that is not a BAD performance considering that it can be bottom 3!

I think Arsenal fans have UNREALISTIC expectation and they are in for a surprise! Things are going to get worse. They should just look at how Man U is struggling to get back to the Sir Ferguson era. This season they are TROPHYLESS.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
As usual, given our expenditure on wages, which is now 5th in the league and has been for 3 seasons. I will take top 4 right now and a trophy will be a bonus.

With regards to transfer expenditure, most of what has been spent especially recently have been paid for with players sales. Once again, we have a situation where our budget for the summer is £50m unless we sell to buy again.

So why do Arsenal fans get angry for not winning EPL, CL etc. Target is clear! If you aim for top 4 and get top 6, that is not a BAD performance considering that it can be bottom 3!

I think Arsenal fans have UNREALISTIC expectation and they are in for a surprise! Things are going to get worse. They should just look at how Man U is struggling to get back to the Sir Ferguson era. This season they are TROPHYLESS.
how's that possible if Mourinho himself na dia trophy?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I am a realist. The problem is Wenger made most of them entitled. They became arrogant spoiled brats who felt entitled to miracles when we don't invest.

Funny enough I see a new golden era. Wenger has done all the work. In the last 4 years alone, the money they should have put in the squad, was used in developing Arsenal's Academy (£25m), this was the 1st project. Then the £15m medical centre followed, the a new fitness and conditioning centre and the upgrade of London Cooney. It cost the club over £60m. If only we used that money to buy the players needed to win league when Leicester won it.

Wenger leaves a great legacy, for me it is a shame the man did not get the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his Labour, but we move on. The club just signed new sponsorship deals, theycan now focus their resources on building a squad, there is no excuse anymore. Unai Emery has walked in to the perfect set up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I am a realist. The problem is Wenger made most of them entitled. They became arrogant spoiled brats who felt entitled to miracles when we don't invest.

Funny enough I see a new golden era. Wenger has done all the work. In the last 4 years alone, the money they should have put in the squad, was used in developing Arsenal's Academy (£25m), this was the 1st project. Then the £15m medical centre followed, the a new fitness and conditioning centre and the upgrade of London Cooney. It cost the club over £60m. If only we used that money to buy the players needed to win league when Leicester won it.

Wenger leaves a great legacy, for me it is a shame the man did not get the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his Labour, but we move on. The club just signed new sponsorship deals, theycan now focus their resources on building a squad, there is no excuse anymore. Unai Emery has walked in to the perfect set up.
Wow, Waffi just described the average Assanal fan....entitled, arrogant spoiled brats in need of miracles. Could do a roll call but this thread already has many of them...chei!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

He had more than ample opportunity but wasn't up to the task. Stop lying.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A disgruntled wife, face frowned by the ever increasing pitch of the bugle call, as the marching menopause draws near, looks loathingly into the eyes of the husband on whom she has squandered her ovarian reserve. 14 years of chalking up his cue and potting the pink, only for the pocket to remain as barren as Aloe Blac's singing I Need A Dollar...It could indeed be argued old Mr Impotent, didn't get to the see fruits of his labour...but for no fault beyond his own. Tomorrow, long Johnny Leroy will put more buns in that oven than Mr Kipling. Opportunity, boll*cks, simply put, theres a big difference between Willy and William,

Wenger wasn't good enough to bring it home throughout that duration. Even when the powers that be had all forgotten their Weetabix, small boy Leicester City, sent Arsene to go and buy warm mineral and agege bread. Not only was the money insufficient, he was given no empty bottle to exchange. Pathetic.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

This is a new era of CL football, level of skill, pace, tempo, fitness makes any team on the back the foot prone to having their doors blown off no matter the lead on aggregate. To use that Barca game to define Emery is incredibly disingenuous.
Not to mention he lost Neymar to injury before playing Real Madrid this past season.

And I still remember we questioned the dubious officiating during that Barcelona game.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Lemme (maybe?) be the last to post here and close this season.

Merci Arsene Wenger.

Welcome Unai Emery.

May the next season bring us joy and (major) silverware.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

anikulapo wrote:Pssst and oh Waffi, the same Douglas Costa that you insulted , rather cluelessly, is on his way to Juve :idea: only in Waffis world could supposed headless chickens play for Munich and purportedly, Juventus :laugh:

Bookmarked just in case :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

felarey wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wow, Waffi just described the average Assanal fan....entitled, arrogant spoiled brats in need of miracles. Could do a roll call but this thread already has many of them...chei!
Don't worry, many of us resigned ourselves to low expectations in favour of financial security.

In fact we wouldn't mind still loving the club if we became perennial bottom 3 strugglers in the name of building an altar to Arsene Wenger and worshipping there!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Waffiman[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Waffiman[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Al Waff Man, you are too much :rotf:. What a load of toad regarding Alderweireld contract talk. Just in case you don't know Toby is not going anywhere at the end of the season as we have all the aces. We have the option to extend his contract by another year which means he will still have 2 full seasons with Spurs. He is 30 already, his body is not holding up like before and he is not the force he once used to be. He is looking to make as much as possible before he retires but we won't overpay that's for sure. All indications point to him staying. All indication points to him being a Spurs fan and never a missionary who doesn't care about who he plays for. Toby is never going to betray the trust of Spur's fans by switching to a failing club rather than sticking with the club going places.

Keep dreaming pal :laugh:. Alderweireld ko, olodorewerld ni.
Do you remember Sol Campbell? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Toby has refused another contract offer. Fact! Spuds cannot meet the demands of his Agent and he has offers. Arsenal wins things. Spuds win nothing. If Toby wants to be a winner like Sol, he has one option. 8-)
Let me remind you, this is not Alan, the wimp, Sugar you are dealing with. This is Daniel, super negotiator, Levy in charge. He knows where every single penny on a player is and will never negotiate a contract that is to the detriment of the club.

You can keep peddling false rumors all you want to keep the natives happy but fact is the earliest Toby can leave is in summer of 2019/2020 and at that time he would be old and not a top 4 player :taunt:. Why do you think he has kept his head down and playing nice nice? Spurs hold all the ace cards :thumbs:.

I am surprised you aren't talking about the rumors of Ramsey heading to Spurs :sneaky:. He is out of contract at the end of the season or is it next, and he is being linked with us. Rubbish rumor if I may say as he is clearly not good enough for us. Who will he displace? We love our midfield as it is.
Ramsey to Spuds. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He is out of contract in June 2019, like Toby is. But unlike Toby, he has agreement with the club according to rumours. Toby meanwhile has rejected all contract offers and his Agent is talking to clubs all over Europe.

Note the difference. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toby is all but gone unless you can pay up. Arsenal are interested. His age means he will be cheap. Spuds will sell rather than lose him for nothing like they did Sol.

If the player choses Arsenal, I will come after you with delight. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

PS: Why are you so worried? :taunt:
See ya life so :lol:. I warned you severally that Toby ain't going nowhere but you refused to listen but instead continued to lead the natives astray with your false dawns and hopes :rotf:. So tell me, is Toby going to lineup for you tomorrow against Man City since he didn't get a minute on the pitch today :taunt:?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Arsenal TV Muzzled!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16