The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by smartbrother »

tolahs wrote: From day dot - soon after the Juve vs Scum(CL) - i lost any enthusiasm for Max Allegri, i said it then & repeat it now - he was
outcoached & outplayed by Pochettino - they lost for the same reason we used to when we'd a young Cesc,Nasri etc - dominate
games but manage to lose them somehow - youth & unproven winners in the squad.

When you appeal beyond hard core fans - you pick up Brand loving types who develop a complex for non-footballing reasons.People wanted bignames with recent no recent successes - sell the sport, you get the fans

I am not convinced Simeone's ideas are as transferable as many think.
You make some nice points dude :thumb:
In fact I’ve noticed most of the arsenal fans here (apart from one or two glaring exceptions ) tend to make intelligent points worth reading
Especially compared to the banal rubbish you see 99% of the time on CE
I feel this is part of Wengers legacy
Fans with a more sophisticated football brains. Not just players
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:PSG won the league by 13 points. scored 108 goals, conceeded 29 goals. He still got fired. Basically achieved the same thing Pep achieved this year.
Way weaker league with 1 contender - dawg!!!!
Ligue one is competitive. But who fires a coach that wins you a treble?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:PSG won the league by 13 points. scored 108 goals, conceeded 29 goals. He still got fired. Basically achieved the same thing Pep achieved this year.
Someone with a much bigger goal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

JASON BURT(CHIEF FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT) - The Telegraph

said that Emery was in talks with West Ham as recently as last week for the vacant managerial position.
-----------------------------------
Y'all know this Basque geezer don won himself that jackpot. Pellegrini wanted us bad - even Spurs_owned dogs barking at that!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
PSG, ManC & Chelsea spend GNP budgets & they want to win at the highest levels. Emery showed a lack of man-management skills at PSG which weren't the case with Valencia & Sevilla......that must be sorted from day dot - he needs someone to be his link to the squad & the Board must be resolute in their support - we cannot be held hostage by diva players with ranting agents.
But those losses to Barca & later to Real Madrid cannot be wished away. Can he become a big hitter as a Coach again - yep, Arsenal's that platform.
Ligue 1 is mainly a procession league compared to the EPL!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal fans SHOULD be happy!

We are getting a very good coach.

Just pray we also get great players (Most important). This is what killed Wenger, his dependence on an awful defense.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:Arsenal fans SHOULD be happy!

Just pray we also get great players (Most important). This is what killed Wenger, his dependence on an awful defense.
You mean his inability to fix the team's awful defense.

Still living in denial I see.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

But but there is no money......apparently the budget he is expected to work with is only 50 million....who is he gonna get with that amount....that team needed a central defender, backup for Bellerin, and central defensive midfielder before getting a new coach. Arsenal also need a new goalkeeper and a winger......With that budget arsenal dont need a manager but a miracle worker

With all that said.....what is Stan Kroenke bringing to arsenal? Most of the work was done by other people and he only came in to reap in the benefits
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Gunners, I'll go ahead and open the new season thread for 2018-2019.

This has been a memorable season for so many reasons. We will look forward and move forward from hereon.

Merci Arsene!

Best wishes, Santiago Carzola!

Long live The Arsenal FC - The deeper the foundation, the stronger the fortress.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bk-one wrote:

But but there is no money......apparently the budget he is expected to work with is only 50 million....who is he gonna get with that amount....that team needed a central defender, backup for Bellerin, and central defensive midfielder before getting a new coach. Arsenal also need a new goalkeeper and a winger......With that budget arsenal dont need a manager but a miracle worker

With all that said.....what is Stan Kroenke bringing to arsenal? Most of the work was done by other people and he only came in to reap in the benefits
There are a bunch of players that can be sold to raise funds. Welbeck, Chambers, Holding, Özil, Ramsey, Ospina, Xhaka, Mustafi, Bellerin, Wilshere...Iwobi???

Plus Carzola's wages is coming off the books. All those can raise a pretty penny.

I'd consider bringing back Lucas Perez to replace Welbeck cos I believe there's a great matter in there. He just never got a decent chance.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cally wrote:Gunners, I'll go ahead and open the new season thread for 2018-2019.

This has been a memorable season for so many reasons. We will look forward and move forward from hereon.

Merci Arsene!

Long live The Arsenal FC - The deeper the foundation, the stronger the fortress.
Technically the calendar year ends on Saturday after the UCL final. Shouldn't you wait until then?

Just wondering.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Cally wrote:Gunners, I'll go ahead and open the new season thread for 2018-2019.

Merci Arsene!

Why the rush? I'd wait until the announcement of a new coach.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
bk-one wrote:

There are a bunch of players that can be sold to raise funds. Welbeck, Chambers, Holding, Özil, Ramsey, Ospina, Xhaka, Mustafi, Bellerin, Wilshere...Iwobi???

Plus Carzola's wages is coming off the books. All those can raise a pretty penny.

I'd consider bringing back Lucas Perez to replace Welbeck cos I believe there's a great matter in there. He just never got a decent chance.

No one wanted Ozil at 140k per week and an expiring contract, so how much interest do you think there will be with him carrying a 400k per week salary and a multi year deal :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

James
@JDP__AFC

How do we reckon the interviewing process went?

Gazidis: “So to begin with, do you hate Mourinho?”

Emery: “Yes, I f*cking despise that crybaby”

Gazidis: “You’re hired!”
4:25 PM - May 21, 2018

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

theYemster wrote:

Merci Arsene!

Technically the calendar year ends on Saturday after the UCL final. Shouldn't you wait until then?

Just wondering.
My apologies, I'll delete that thread then. You are right actually...just opened it cause someone called for it.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I tried to delete the new thread but I couldn't. Anyone with an idea how I can delete the thread?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sell
Mustaffi
Asano
Akpom
Chambers
Ozil
Xhaka
Niles
Martinez

Buy
RB
2 central defenders
2 central midfielders

Release
Wilshere because of injury history.
Campbell

New deals
Ramsey
Cech
Ospina
Monreal
Iwobi
Holding
Nelson
Elneny

Just focus on improving the defense of the team.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Tue May 22, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Cally wrote:I tried to delete the new thread but I couldn't. Anyone with an idea how I can delete the thread?
Thanks for taking the initiative, bro. No apologies necessary. Don't delete it. We'll also switch over at some point.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bk-one wrote:

Net spend 50 million. That means we can sell players and spend what we make, I will boot Mustafi to Shyna!!!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And it begins. For what its worth, one has followed Emery’s wife on Twitter and in public since 2012, stopping only last year following a court order.

As for the Champions League, there exists a standard within the standard, exclusive to those most Masonic within the upper echelons. For the Madrids and Munichs et al, domestic success is a presumed formality, albeit far from such, the real contest is on the continent, where they assemble on a yearly basis like elephants in must, to flop out their manhoods and clash tusks to crown the bull who’ll sire the weak, pathetic mares, amongst whom sits Beloved. To those who get rodgered at the end, it’s overrated. For the big boys who get to peel back the knickers of the rest of Europe, the Champions league is the ne plus ultra.

Overrated and yet Wenger put all the peacock’s feathers in his cap following a 4th placed finish and successful qualification...Same night, same fight, but one of us cats ain’t playing right, I’ll let you tell it.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cally wrote:I tried to delete the new thread but I couldn't. Anyone with an idea how I can delete the thread?
It's done. Might as well keep it..or if possible temporarily lock it.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Sell
Mustaffi
Asano
Akpom
Chambers
Ozil
Xhaka
Niles
Martinez

Buy
RB
2 central defenders
2 central midfielders

Release
Wilshere because of injury history.
Campbell

New deals
Ramsey
Cech
Ospina
Monreal
Iwobi
Holding
Nelson
Elneny

Just focus on improving the defense of the team.
@Ohehen you guy buy the new jersey?You don see our new jersey?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[/video]