The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours of Lemar signing and Arsenal in talks with PSG for Presnel Kimpembe.

This is getting too much. All these rumours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we have Lemar, Mahrez, Lacazette and Kimpembe. What are they smoking there at the Emirates?

Oh! I forgot Mbappe. :tic:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Waffiman wrote:Rumours of Lemar signing and Arsenal in talks with PSG for Presnel Kimpembe.

This is getting too much.

So we have Lemar, Mahrez, Lacazette and Kimpembe. What are they smoking there at the Emirates?
Why are doing this to yourself and trying so hard to transfer the tension to us?
I jump and pass.
When I see the shirt, I will believe
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Rumours of Lemar signing and Arsenal in talks with PSG for Presnel Kimpembe.

Yawnnnnn
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

We have??? :rotf: :rotf: see drug addiction ohhh ... is this the same way we had Torres and Etoo? :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:

Why are doing this to yourself and trying so hard to transfer the tension to us?
I jump and pass.
I am not. But do love to wind up my friends here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It's fair to say that our best two purchases over the past five years have been Alexis and Santi : two absolute steals ....

The Worst: Ozil by a mile followed closely Callumity Chambers and I'm very worried about Mustafi and Xhacrap. Mustafi is like a ball of nerves with poor body language on the field right now

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:

I jump and pass.

You no dey wind anyone up ... we already know your M.O with fables :woot:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:

I jump and pass.
You no dey wind anyone up ... we already know your M.O with fables :woot:
Sorted. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

This is getting too much. All these rumours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh! I forgot Mbappe. :tic:
Bring them on Pa Wenger don vex...Liking what the club is doing so far this summer. Kolasinac, Lacazette.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Getting Lemar may be difficult based on the noises out of Monaco, so I hope the Mahrez rumour is true (Mahrez for Walcott is the sort of move that makes you feel you are upping your level), he will be devastating for Arsenal on the right wing in a 4-2-3-1 and can maybe play the Sanchez role in a 3-4-3. For me he is one of the best 1v1 players in the league, if not the best.

Sanchez is a great player but if he leaves it is down to us to bring in the sort of quality that ensures we are better than we were last season.
To God be the glory
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffileaks, is the chase for Leon Goretzka still on?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Is Jack Wilshere still an Arsenal player?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Jack Wilshere removed all Arsenal references from his social media bio prompting rumours of him leaving.

He is not happy with Arsenal due to no contract offer.

Many reckon Wenger will keep him but will wait until he recovers from current injury then decide.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Did you get permission from Cally before opening this thread? :D
Yes oh! :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Waffi actually gave me permission the past 2 seasons. :biggrin: :biggrin:

May this season put smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts, Amen!
Amen!

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Players at camp today:

Mesut Ozil, Sead Kolasinac, Per Mertesacker, Kieran Gibbs, Petr Cech, Lucas Perez, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck, Emiliano Martinez, Francis Coquelin, Mathieu Debuchy, Chuba Akpom, Carl Jenkinson.

Players to return at later date:

Laurent Koscielny, Aaron Ramsey, Olivier Giroud, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Nacho Monreal, Alex Iwobi, Granit Xhaka, Mohamed Elneny, Wojciech Szczesny, David Ospina, Alexis Sanchez, Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin, Joel Campbell, Gabriel (injured), Santi Cazorla (injured), Jack Wilshere (injured), Jeff Reine-Adelaide (injured).

And we're off again ......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mirror.c ... 729435.amp

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The Jeff is injured? Do you guys want to see him promoted, or do you want to see us get a Goretzka? Can he be the back up to Ramsey and Santi?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Disgraceful that Arsenal have waited until 3 days after the transfer window opens to complete their second deal of the summer. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Waffiman wrote:Disgraceful that Arsenal have waited until 3 days after the transfer window opens to complete their second deal of the summer. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Which deal did they complete?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Disgraceful that Arsenal have waited until 3 days after the transfer window opens to complete their second deal of the summer. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Etoo? Nah maybe Torres? Ok I got it Madcherano? Suarez, no?

Higuain???

:rotf:

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

anikulapo wrote:
Players at camp today:

Mesut Ozil, Sead Kolasinac, Per Mertesacker, Kieran Gibbs, Petr Cech, Lucas Perez, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck, Emiliano Martinez, Francis Coquelin, Mathieu Debuchy, Chuba Akpom, Carl Jenkinson.

Players to return at later date:

Laurent Koscielny, Aaron Ramsey, Olivier Giroud, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Nacho Monreal, Alex Iwobi, Granit Xhaka, Mohamed Elneny, Wojciech Szczesny, David Ospina, Alexis Sanchez, Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin, Joel Campbell, Gabriel (injured), Santi Cazorla (injured), Jack Wilshere (injured), Jeff Reine-Adelaide (injured).

And we're off again ......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mirror.c ... 729435.amp
So Debuchy and Jenkinson are still part of the team?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Wait for Arsenal.com my man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

If the Mahrez rumours are true, then Theo's had it at Arsenal. A real shame.