The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:Other teams with far much better players both offensively and defensively are playing with two central midfielders acting as a base for their attackers at the same time sitting to shield the defense and only going forward when necessary to do so with either one sitting whilst the other is helping offensive players. That doesn't mean bypassing your supposed to be offensive players and taking the strikers position(apparently thats when you are playing as a box to box midfielder) and then when the team loses the ball you are too far to go back to your position. The example of that is ramsey being on lacazzete's position when Xhaka lost the ball. What does Arsene think that is gonna amount to? Teams which are far much better arsenal are not doing that but somehow he thinks that his team is so special that they will get away with those harakiri tactics. How the #$% does the oldest manager in the league play like a %$#@^& infantile
:agree:
AW's whole spiel comes across as reckless & ill-thought-out.
The scenario you describe makes for lack of shape & we become easy to counter. Compare the thought that went into runs the Chelsea wingbacks made vs Spurs today to the endless runs ours are instructed to make. That space they vacate as we saw vs LCFC
becomes easy to attack - you expose slow footed midfielders like Xhaka to defending in a FB spot.
We played vs Stoke with a makeshift backline but no protection - Chelsea played with a similar line vs Spurs but built a wall in front.
Our fanbase are letting AW again getaway with what tactically is suicide.

Keown: "Stoke went through their defence so easily. They were unlucky for the goal not given but they didn't look like champions today."
Gerrard: "It was typical Arsenal. Fantastic in possession but just passive out of possession. Not enough people that want to run back."...."Arsenal have too many technical players in their eleven. They need some with steel & aggression to do the other side of the game.".......
Gerrard on if Arsenal don't change: "It's just going to look nice, they're going to look great in possession and have results like this."

Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."
I agree with everything besides Gerrard's statement. Arsenal were not fantastic in possession. This is just a typical schtick from anti-possession football English pundits. There is nothing fantastic about sterile possession(and positional indiscipline) whereby you keep on passing the ball around with out any planned movement. That is just a waste of energy due to lack of planning and tactical laziness. I dont know how to explain that but the closest explanation is on the following link

Making lung busting runs from midfield to the attacking third and passing the back rinse and repeat without moving your opponent anyhow is not being fantastic in possession. Its just showing how naive and unprepared you are-
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Beloved our next game is Liverpool,can we beat this Klopp for the first time in his Liverpool era?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I notice say my slow learning Uncle don pick race to hide :woot: So Typical when nyash don open :woot:

I guess he is still looking for new Emperors new clothes stats to defend Xhacrap and Ozil wey even Stoke Constables and Olokpas dey mock :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because Wenger needs Playmakers everywhere on the team. He needs one player maker to bring the ball up (Xhaka), he needs another play maker next to the guy who brings the ball up (Ramsey), then he needs two play makers on the wings, next to the other two playmakers (Oxlade and Bellerin), then he needs a #10, who is the actual offensive third playmaker (Ozil) .... And when Sanchez comes back into the lineup, that will be another playmaker. Yes, Wenger is a genius.
Wenger hopes that one of these playmakers will eventually see the light and cross the ball for Giroud or set up Lacazette/Welbeck.

Bepanda
bk-one wrote: I understand that Coq is not good enough(good enough against the likes of stokes though as shown by last seasons game at the same ground) but why not play him with Xhaka at the base of the midfield to help that patched up defense(monreal is a fullback and he can play as part of a back three but not centrally. Kolasinac is also a fullback). I find it amazing that he(wenger) is the one criticizing the defence after playing the whole defense out of position and leaving them with no help from the midfield. What the #$% did he expect?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“Mesut Ozil is the most frustrating player I've seen wear an Arsenal shirt,”

Martin Keown
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Is this correct ?

Jenkinson, 25, who has three years left on his deal at Arsenal, will join until the end of the season and will be a major coup for the Blues.

Crystal Palace tried to get Jenkinson last season and there has been Premier League interest but he is read to go to Birmingham to get playing again.

Bramall, 21, joined Arsenal from non-league Hednesford Town but they believe he now needs experience to try and develop as a player.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10911734
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I watched the game and Ozil was OK.

I was disappointed that Wenger dropped Holden. In the last 15 matches, we have lost the ONLY 2 games Holden did not play (Spurs and Stoke away). The Prof should have played Per and Holden, but that would not have changed our offensive productivity.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

...hope all is well with waffi..... :sneaky:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:...hope all is well with waffi..... :sneaky:
The Emperor has gone into hiding, as is customary after a loss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Looks like Aurier and Draxler are surplus to requirements at PSG .... hmmm

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

We lost and it makes you happy. However it changes nothing. Wenger is here for another 2 years and more if he wants. I see you talk about fans forcing him out. Get real, what fans? The ones here. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Just one disappointing result in a long season, many other teams will suffer the same types of disappointment along the way. The key is making sure you do not suffer too many such results in a season.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:Looks like Aurier and Draxler are surplus to requirements at PSG .... hmmm

Wenger doesn't need low quality players. They are not Arsenal quality. Plus the man has said that our squad is too big...and perhaps, he doesn't want to sell anyone.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Looks like Aurier and Draxler are surplus to requirements at PSG .... hmmm

Wenger doesn't need low quality players. They are not Arsenal quality. Plus the man has said that our squad is too big...and perhaps, he doesn't want to sell anyone.
I hope we are not interested in these players. IMHO, they offer nothing extra to the team.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I hope we are not interested in these players. IMHO, they offer nothing extra to the team.

Thank you for confirming what I thought AW is thinking. You see, I am beginning to understand the "Arsenal Way".... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: All those your theses and lectures are not in vain. Next to fall in line are Gooner and Aniks :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Draxler and Aurier????? But you want to keep Xhacrap, Le Coq and Ozil :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Thank you for confirming what I thought AW is thinking. You see, I am beginning to understand the "Arsenal Way".... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: All those your theses and lectures are not in vain. Next to fall in line are Gooner and Aniks :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Why buy for buying sake. We need to get rid of players as we try to build our next squad. Why get players with similar profile?

We are trying to get rid of injury prone players, yet you guys want Draxler. Look at Draxler injury record. I don't understand all this nonsense talk about signing the type of player we should be avoiding.

As for Aurier, I don't think the people who make the decisions at the club want him. Last summer they tried to sign Djbril Sidibe but he chose Monaco cos he wanted guaranteed first team football. If Arsenal wanted him, he was available then as he is now.

Personally, I got no issues about the player but he has not helped himself with his behaviour at PSG.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Draxler and Aurier????? But you want to keep Xhacrap, Le Coq and Ozil :rotf: :rotf:
Nothing wrong with Xhaka, Ozil and Coq. More importantly, these players do not play in the positions Aurier and Draxler play.

Why buy for buying sake. We need to get rid of players as we try to build our next squad. Why get players with similar profile?

We are trying to get rid of injury prone players, yet you guys want Draxler. Look at Draxler's injury record. I don't understand all this nonsense talk about signing the type of player we should be avoiding.

Draxler is one I have followed ad hoped we signed when he was much younger. But like Goetze, he has not really progressed to the elite level. He has also had all sorts of injury issues.

As for Aurier, I don't think the people who make the decisions at the club want him. Last summer they tried to sign Djbril Sidibe but he chose Monaco cos he wanted guaranteed first team football. If Arsenal wanted him, he was available then as he is now.

Personally, I got no issues about the player but he has not helped himself with his behaviour at PSG.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nothing wrong with Xhaka, Ozil and Coq. More importantly, these players do not play in the positions Aurier and Draxler play.

We are trying to get rid of injury prone players, yet you guys want Draxler. Look at Draxler's injury record. I don't understand all this nonsense talk about signing the type of player we should be avoiding.

Draxler is one I have followed ad hoped we signed when he was much younger. But like Goetze, he has not really progressed to the elite level. He has also had all sorts of injury issues.

Kai...reading Arsenal threads without Waffi's posts is like eating rice without stew!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Kai...reading Arsenal threads without Waffi's posts is like eating rice without stew!
Egbon ..I dont agree with Waffi usually but on Draxler's injury record and some other issues ( cue Ozil ) I have to agree that he is not an upgrade...he disappears in big games, the confed cup was one where he did show up but was way way too selfish ( btw he showed up because he was cap ) ...

Aurier is an upgrade on Gibbs and Monreal but his attitude in prem ? hmmm I dont see that combo working o.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:roll: :roll:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Cheiiii and I thought I was talking to some people wey dey use dem brain :rotf: :rotf:

Do you want to lose Alexis for free? You can easily do a swap deal and that's what I'm talking about . Who else are they gonna give up without demanding big bucks ?

Aurier is the perfect right wing back and one you tell the Ox to dark off if he doesn't want to sign a contract :idea: Same for Bellerin if he doesn't want to step his game up :idea:

Since Alexis will walk, you have a player in a Draxler that wenger has coveted for many years now and basically obtaining without major bucks invested, as another replacement for Alexis.

Sanchez wants to leave and if you can acquire two players who really good but are surplus to requirements at PSG, then why not.

Una self sha :roll:

Listen I'm a fan of Bellerin but if you gave me the option of Aurier, based on pure ability , then it's not even a decision in my mind

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lol, just one bad result,we will bounce back next week and Liverpool will get the worst beaten at anfield .
Arsenal will cruise to the next 36 league games and Europa is in the bag no need us even kick the ball.
Next Year likes of Neymar will buy their own contract to play for beloved and Wenger who has been the best manager since slice bread.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

kajifu wrote:
Lol, just one bad result,we will bounce back next week and Liverpool will get the worst beaten at anfield .
Arsenal will cruise to the next 36 league games and Europa is in the bag no need us even kick the ball.
Next Year likes of Neymar will buy their own contract to play for beloved and Wenger who has been the best manager since slice bread.
Wenger is. :taunt: The best thing since sliced bread.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Wenger is. :taunt: The best thing since sliced bread.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke