The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal turnover grew from £21 million in 1996 when Arsene Wenger was appointed as Manager to £422.8 million in 2017.

The accounts do not lie. At any level, Wenger was unbelievable. I am just glad I was there to witness it all in person. Can't thank the man enough.
Fans care about trophies.
He won no trophies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

And 43 million for a parasite na wetin ??

50 and 55 million for two strikers na wetin?

33 million for Mustafi and 39 million for Xhacrap na wetin?

Waffi stop already biko
To be fair you also sign players when you have elite football people leading negotiations i.e David Dein.

Between AW dithering and d#$% Law utter incompetence it was the perfect combo for one piss poor summer widow after another.
Oh! You forgot the most important part. One reason, Dein was forced out was because he offered Ashley Cole £5,000 a week more than the Board asked him to.

Also, how much money were they given for these negotiations? According to Ken Friar, not a lot.

This man why do you tell so many fables ..., are you saying Dein was forced out over Cole now???

Jesu this man na wa :lol: :lol:
The problem is you were too busy supporting Real Madrid then to notice. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We all saw the minutes of the Board meeting that came to the enquiry that was set up after Arsenal reported Chelsea for an illegal approach for Cole.

What the enquiry revealed from the minutes of the Board meeting was a clear division in the Arsenal Board. The Board were clear in their financial terms for Cole, but his Agent refused, Dein then persuaded him to accept a much lower offer than what Chelsea put on the table for Cole, but the problem was it was £5,000 per week more than what the Arsenal Board were willing to pay. When Dein presented his proposal to the Board, his main enemy then was Edelman, he led the revolt, with Hill-wood, Sir Chips, Lady Nina and the other one I forget his name, refusing to agree the deal. Danny joined them and Dein found himself isolated, and asked to resign. It was then Wenger famously stepped in and asked the Board, so you are willing to lose Ashley Cole because of an extra £5,000 per week. They voted yes.

I know you support Real Madrid, but you need to do some serious work to talk Arsenal with me.

You are talking nonsense my good man. That was not why Dein left the board. ANWYAY why do I even bother smh .. even the most myopic know it’s because of who he wanted to bring onto the board and consequently bring more money into the club .... Your nonsense is becoming predictable and tedious ..., Imagine Dein left because of the Cashley drama :rotf: :rotf:

Wow Waffi you’ve surpassed yourself this time :rotf:
Comprehension deficit. Note my words, I said, "One reason, Dein was forced out". I did not say it was the reason. Note the difference. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There are so many reasons, e.g. the disagreement between Dein and certain members of the Board on the way forward, the fight between Danny and David, the resentment of other Board members who felt Dein was acting like he owned the club (remember he overruled the Board by paying more than what was agreed for Wiltord, there were complaints from Board members), Dein going to look for buyers of Arsenal behind his fellow Board members backs, clash of personalities etc. etc. I did not say the Cole saga was the reason they forced Dein out.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

And 43 million for a parasite na wetin ??

50 and 55 million for two strikers na wetin?

33 million for Mustafi and 39 million for Xhacrap na wetin?

Waffi stop already biko
To be fair you also sign players when you have elite football people leading negotiations i.e David Dein.

Between AW dithering and d#$% Law utter incompetence it was the perfect combo for one piss poor summer widow after another.
Oh! You forgot the most important part. One reason, Dein was forced out was because he offered Ashley Cole £5,000 a week more than the Board asked him to.

Also, how much money were they given for these negotiations? According to Ken Friar, not a lot.

This man why do you tell so many fables ..., are you saying Dein was forced out over Cole now???

The problem is you were too busy supporting Real Madrid then to notice. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We all saw the minutes of the Board meeting that came to the enquiry that was set up after Arsenal reported Chelsea for an illegal approach for Cole.

What the enquiry revealed from the minutes of the Board meeting was a clear division in the Arsenal Board. The Board were clear in their financial terms for Cole, but his Agent refused, Dein then persuaded him to accept a much lower offer than what Chelsea put on the table for Cole, but the problem was it was £5,000 per week more than what the Arsenal Board were willing to pay. When Dein presented his proposal to the Board, his main enemy then was Edelman, he led the revolt, with Hill-wood, Sir Chips, Lady Nina and the other one I forget his name, refusing to agree the deal. Danny joined them and Dein found himself isolated, and asked to resign. It was then Wenger famously stepped in and asked the Board, so you are willing to lose Ashley Cole because of an extra £5,000 per week. They voted yes.

I know you support Real Madrid, but you need to do some serious work to talk Arsenal with me.

You are talking nonsense my good man. That was not why Dein left the board. ANWYAY why do I even bother smh .. even the most myopic know it’s because of who he wanted to bring onto the board and consequently bring more money into the club .... Your nonsense is becoming predictable and tedious ..., Imagine Dein left because of the Cashley drama :rotf: :rotf:

Comprehension deficit. Note my words, I said, "One reason, Dein was forced out". I did not say it was the reason. Note the difference. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There are so many reasons, e.g. the disagreement between Dein and certain members of the Board on the way forward, the fight between Danny and David, the resentment of other Board members who felt Dein was acting like he owned the club (remember he overruled the Board by paying more than what was agreed for Wiltord, there were complaints from Board members), Dein going to look for buyers of Arsenal behind his fellow Board members backs, clash of personalities etc. etc. I did not say the Cole saga was the reason they forced Dein out.

See this wa yo man :rotf: :rotf: you can parse words, nibble around the edges and obfuscate which is ya calling card. Bottom line is that you have been dead wrong on all major things concerning Arsenal :mrgreen:

Abeg make we hear word .... oh yeah tell us when that 30 million is coming in for Mikhitarayan again :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

See this wa yo man :rotf: :rotf: you can parse words, nibble around the edges and obfuscate which is ya calling card. Bottom line is that you have been dead wrong on all major things concerning Arsenal :mrgreen:

Abeg make we hear word .... oh yeah tell us when that 30 million is coming in for Mikhitarayan again :mrgreen:
See above for your comprehension deficit. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal turnover grew from £21 million in 1996 when Arsene Wenger was appointed as Manager to £422.8 million in 2017.

The accounts do not lie. At any level, Wenger was unbelievable. I am just glad I was there to witness it all in person. Can't thank the man enough.
Dude, not taking anything away from Wenger's accomplishments but every single top team's turnover grew significantly between 1996 and 2017. ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Spurs (despite not winning anything of significance in recent memory), Real, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, even the likes of Everton, Newcastle, Yankees, Red Sox, New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys/Washington Redskins (also despite both not winning in a long time), Boston Celtics, Lakers, etc. They're all significantly more valuable today than they were twenty two years ago mostly because of the law of natural progression. It's for that same reason their expenditures have also risen significantly between the same period. Same goes for non sports businesses as well.

So it's a fair assumption to say that Arsenal's revenue and value would've risen at a comparable rate regardless of who was in charge be it Bobo The Clown or Arsene Wenger.

Context is everything.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:So far, the word is Boro Primorac leaves with Wenger, but Tony Colbert, Gerry Peyton and Neil Banfield are the casualties.

Bould and Jens are staying with Freddie Ljundberg is on his way back. We hear all staff were told yesterday, they do not know who the next Manager is.

But it is looking like Arteta is one they have contacted with Vieira. Many even say, Arteta is favourite.

I have expressed my thoughts on this. I have a nagging suspicion that the Arsenal Board would prefer a 'Yes Man'. No top European Manager would want to work under the conditions Galzidis says the next man must work to. They want to do this with the least expense and it is becoming obvious. Waiting till the WC, is a clear indication they are thinking of the Bottom line.

One of Wenger's flaws since moving to the Emirates was he allowed for too much compromise 're squad/team building and availability of finances with the Board. Too often, we spent the least in search for maximum return. We got away with it, until the last 2 seasons.

Wenger is gone. The Board has no one to hide behind anymore. There is lot for the next man to work with for top 4 and challenge for the title in 2 seasons, but the key decisions must not be bungled. I don't trust those in charge at present because, it the rumours of Arteta and co are anything to go by, it indicates a 'Moneyball' mentality driving this whole process. The desire to get the maximum with the least investment. We have been there and done it. Surely, we must now aim for higher.

It is ironic, our greatest Manager leaves and our Board is not ready. Is Allegri just a smokescreen for Arteta, Vieira and the Klopp's Assistant? Time will tell.

Whatever it is I still support my Arsenal with uncontested loyalty.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:

Dude, not taking anything away from Wenger's accomplishments but every single top team's turnover grew significantly between 1996 and 2017. ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Spurs (despite not winning anything of significance in recent memory), Real, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, even the likes of Everton, Newcastle, Yankees, Red Sox, New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys/Washington Redskins (also despite both not winning in a long time), Boston Celtics, Lakers, etc. They're all significantly more valuable today than they were twenty two years ago mostly because of the law of natural progression. It's for that same reason their expenditures have also risen significantly between the same period. Same goes for non sports businesses as well.

So it's a fair assumption to say that Arsenal's revenue and value would've risen at a comparable rate regardless of who was in charge be it Bobo The Clown or Arsene Wenger.

Context is everything.
:clap: well said Wenger earn £10million per season after signing 2 year deal from his 8 million per year– a significant increase on the £500,000 a year he was earning when he first joined the club in 1996. He was well compensated as Arsenal revenue and value risen at a comparable rate.Even Spurs value has risen significant from 1996 to current date even though they have not won any major trophy for 60 years.
What Arsenal spend 12 years ago to built emirate will have cost almost double today if we try to built today.Even waste pipe like Welbeck and Xhaka cost more than what Arsenal paid for Henry .

But what’s more staggering is that Wenger will have pocketed almost £100m during his time as Arsenal manager if he complete his contract..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

They say, it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man by argument. But boy we got worse here.

I can't waste my time with dunces.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg can we close this thread and open a new one when the new season/new coach is hired .. Wenger has left the building.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Looks like it’s a straight shot between Nagelsmann and Arteta according to the media .... I will just sit back and watch this ship sink :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Looks like it’s a straight shot between Nagelsmann and Arteta according to the media .... I will just sit back and watch this ship sink :D
You wanted Wenger out. He is gone, you can't blame him any more. Now enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual, I have a ring side seat in that stadium. I am loving it already. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If it Arteta, it goes to prove, Wenger was not Arsenal's problem like most of you here claimed.

Following the realease of Tony Colbert, Colin Lewin it is rumoured sought clarification, as to exactly what his role will be in the shape up of the fitness and medical team. He ended up getting sacked.

Rumours of Steve Bould asking to leave if a young man like Arteta or Vieira comes in. Rumours are getting louder and louder. A source usually trust said today, it is Arteta.

I made this clear earlier. It is down to the Board. They have money to spend. Arsenal will not face bankruptcy if they spend £150m this summer on a top Coach and 3 good players. If it is Arteta, the Board has chosen not to spend money, so they are doing it on the cheap. I said then....

If the Board refuse to spend money, which is a strong possibility. For me, Arsenal will go for a young Coach, not a Manager. One that will see things their way. A Yes Man, am afraid. People like Allegri will not be 'Yes Men'.

As Ken Friar confirmed, Wenger was effectively a Committee Manager, who got by on what the Board put on the table for players. He said, "Arsene, we only have £5m or maximum £50m, Arsene never moaned, he just got on with it". If they want that sort of man, he will not be a top coach cos Wenger was unique. He gave his word to the banks, he will stay, he also felt a sense of loyalty and responsibility. No top Coach today has any sort of affiliations to Arsenal. They will want it now or never.

Will Arsenal's financial approach change? You have to say they pressure is on for change. If they do not, and it all goes wrong, there will be a blood on the carpet. If they decide to gamble by saving money with a 'moneyball' approach, then they will go for a young manager who is willing to work to their conditions.

My guess is, it will be one of Vieira, Arteta, Nagelsmann and Buvac.

So depending on the Arsenal Board, it will be down to 2 men. Spend money, you get Allegri. If you do not spend money, you get Buvac or one of the low profile candidates.

If it is Arteta, I ask, what has changed? This is why I love my club. I know what I am getting and I have set my sights accordingly.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Looks like it’s a straight shot between Nagelsmann and Arteta according to the media .... I will just sit back and watch this ship sink :D
You wanted Wenger out. He is gone, you can't blame him any more. Now enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual, I have a ring side seat in that stadium. I am loving it already. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If it Arteta, it goes to prove, Wenger was not Arsenal's problem like most of you here claimed.

Following the realease of Tony Colbert, Colin Lewin it is rumoured sought clarification, as to exactly what his role will be in the shape up of the fitness and medical team. He ended up getting sacked.

Rumours of Steve Bould asking to leave if a young man like Arteta or Vieira comes in. Rumours are getting louder and louder. A source usually trust said today, it is Arteta.

I made this clear earlier. It is down to the Board. They have money to spend. Arsenal will not face bankruptcy if they spend £150m this summer on a top Coach and 3 good players. If it is Arteta, the Board has chosen not to spend money, so they are doing it on the cheap. I said then....

If the Board refuse to spend money, which is a strong possibility. For me, Arsenal will go for a young Coach, not a Manager. One that will see things their way. A Yes Man, am afraid. People like Allegri will not be 'Yes Men'.

As Ken Friar confirmed, Wenger was effectively a Committee Manager, who got by on what the Board put on the table for players. He said, "Arsene, we only have £5m or maximum £50m, Arsene never moaned, he just got on with it". If they want that sort of man, he will not be a top coach cos Wenger was unique. He gave his word to the banks, he will stay, he also felt a sense of loyalty and responsibility. No top Coach today has any sort of affiliations to Arsenal. They will want it now or never.

Will Arsenal's financial approach change? You have to say they pressure is on for change. If they do not, and it all goes wrong, there will be a blood on the carpet. If they decide to gamble by saving money with a 'moneyball' approach, then they will go for a young manager who is willing to work to their conditions.

My guess is, it will be one of Vieira, Arteta, Nagelsmann and Buvac.

So depending on the Arsenal Board, it will be down to 2 men. Spend money, you get Allegri. If you do not spend money, you get Buvac or one of the low profile candidates.

If it is Arteta, I ask, what has changed? This is why I love my club. I know what I am getting and I have set my sights accordingly.
let me summarize your post for you...."Yes Man go Yes Man come".
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I said it here sometime ago that their is NO way Mustafi makes the German squad. I was right. He is by far the worst defender we have had in over 25 years of watching this club, when you consider how much we paid for him. Yes, worse than Justin Hoyte, Gilbert, Squillachi, The French dud from Mumu FC, etc etc.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Robbynice wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Fans care about trophies.
He won no trophies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How many EPL titles since 2005?

How many away wins in 2018?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Na wa ohh Arsenal don become like Game of Thrones .... heads getting chopped off and bodies left on the streets by Gazidis ... Cheiii Camp Wenger don dabaru ... no more Grandpa to save all these underperforming jokers.

Hope the same applies to the squad as well :thumb:

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am starting to get worried about this coaching search. PSG is filling their coaching vacancy. Allegri is staying at Juve. Arsenal is been linked to inexperienced coaches like Arteta and Viera. This will affect the moves needed this off season. The new coach may need to clean house and bring in the players that fit his system. Shouldn't they announce the new coach now and sign players before they go to the world cup and increase their value?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think it is time to listen to offers for Ozil.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think it is time to listen to offers for Ozil.

When he had six months left on his contract no one wanted him, and now he has the worst contract in the history of football you think someone will pay a dime for him and take on that bloated salary :rotf: :rotf:

Ahhh never mind :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Na wa ohh Arsenal don become like Game of Thrones .... heads getting chopped off and bodies left on the streets by Gazidis ... Cheiii Camp Wenger don dabaru ... no more Grandpa to save all these underperforming jokers.

Arteta is the next man, it seems. The key to his success will be how he can get the senior players on board.

When I look back, Bellerin has given the best hint to this appointment. Everyone expected him to be the first to leave this summer. But he quashed all that with a tweet about 3 weeks ago (before the Wenger leaving annonnouncement) making it clear he was staying.

I don't know why you guys keep dreaming Arsenal will have this clear out. It is obvious the club are not spending, so why sell your best players? Our best player is Santi, followed by Ozil. If Santi is offered new terms and gets 75% close to his best, he will make a huge difference next season.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Nkume wrote:I said it here sometime ago that their is NO way Mustafi makes the German squad. I was right. He is by far the worst defender we have had in over 25 years of watching this club, when you consider how much we paid for him. Yes, worse than Justin Hoyte, Gilbert, Squillachi, The French dud from Mumu FC, etc etc.
And you call yourself and Arsenal fan, Mustaphi is better than Pascal Gyan and that Ukrainian donkey Wenger recruited, i have forgotten his name . :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

oloye wrote:
Nkume wrote:I said it here sometime ago that their is NO way Mustafi makes the German squad. I was right. He is by far the worst defender we have had in over 25 years of watching this club, when you consider how much we paid for him. Yes, worse than Justin Hoyte, Gilbert, Squillachi, The French dud from Mumu FC, etc etc.
And you call yourself and Arsenal fan, Mustaphi is better than Pascal Gyan and that Ukrainian donkey Wenger recruited, i have forgotten his name . :D
Cygan. And we forgot Senderos
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Na wa ohh Arsenal don become like Game of Thrones .... heads getting chopped off and bodies left on the streets by Gazidis ... Cheiii Camp Wenger don dabaru ... no more Grandpa to save all these underperforming jokers.

Arteta is the next man, it seems. The key to his success will be how he can get the senior players on board.

When I look back, Bellerin has given the best hint to this appointment. Everyone expected him to be the first to leave this summer. But he quashed all that with a tweet about 3 weeks ago (before the Wenger leaving annonnouncement) making it clear he was staying.

I don't know why you guys keep dreaming Arsenal will have this clear out. It is obvious the club are not spending, so why sell your best players? Our best player is Santi, followed by Ozil. If Santi is offered new terms and gets 75% close to his best, he will make a huge difference next season.

See Madness :rotf: :rotf:

Ozil the second best player that no one in the world wanted? :rotf: :rotf: Arsenal paid £55 million plus for Abu, I rest my case .... I swear Waffi you’re a lost cause sha :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bouncino wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cygan. And we forgot Senderos
Senderos was decent until Drogba started abusing and molesting him with reckless abandon! His career simply went down south ...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho