Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 494  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 5833
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:



Oh maybe we are about to botch yet another transfer window?

Let's offer them Ox as part of the package, and then just send them Gibbs instead, hoping they won't know the difference.

Exactly. The excuses have started.


I think this will drag on for the window. Player determined club will not decide his destiny. I just hope it does not get messy.

For me, the quality of this player could be the difference in us challenging and winning the title. As you all know, nobody wants him at Arsenal more than me.

Rumours are, Arsenal have told Sanchez there is no chance of him joining any English club. Rumours of Sanchez speaking to Chelski, ManU and a City, he will join who offer the most money, but he knows Arsenal will not deal with any of them. Watch for PSG in all of this, I just have this feeling they will come in with the money the player wants. This will drag on till the end of the window.

Arsenal not messing about this window. A lot of high profile players already told, they can leave. Wilshere, Chambers, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Walcott all been told they can go. Remember when I did a squad assessment, I concluded 10 to 11 players were at risk, I now know Arsenal want 10 players out, they want to bring in better quality, I have no qualms with Arsenal decision. We must get to the next level and it means we gave to upgrade on talent that are not good enough either due to injury, attitude/mentality and effectiveness.


Selling Chambers to me makes no sense. Arsenal need him in the team especially if AW reported plan of using fringe players for the Europa League is to yield fruit. Holding and Chambers under the mentoring of Pers can be very useful in the Europa League. Knowledge these pair gain in the Europa League will come to stand Arsenal in good stead in future moreso when we note that Kosc is already 30 years old. However if we do sell him, i hope we have a buy-back clause in it.
Bar for injuries, we should keep Jack. His talent is not in doubt. Sometimes in the past season, if he was available on recall, he would have been very useful to the team.
These two in my opinion should be kept and not sold.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:


But they just sold bakayoko to Chelsea. Its not just about monaco not wanting to sell but more about how arsenal approach their transfer dealings. Remember that Arsenal wouldnt have signed lacazette if Atletico madrid was not banned from signing players. You cant rely on the universe aligning on your favor all the time in order to be able to make high quality signings. Right now Monaco dont really have to sell to Arsenal coz they just sold Bakayoko to Chelsea for quite a reasonable price.


How do you know it is Arsenal's approach. What is it specific about this approach that has put off Monaco? You are not involved in the deal, so what makes you so sure of your conclusions.

On Lacazette, he is an Arsenal player, so your Athletico Madrid talk is pure speculation. If he was so keen on joining Athletico Madrid on a lower salary, he could easily have waited till January. BTW! I have it on good authority and not some BS, that Arsenal beat the likes of ManU, Chelsea and Everton to his signature after Wenger, who has tried to sign the player in the last two summer windows, had dinner in Paris with the player and his representatives. The deal was done with the player and despite attempts by Aulas to run an auction, he got nowhere because he made promises to the player to keep him last summer.

I do not know why the Lemar deal is dragging on but Arsenal have made offers, including a very good recent offer. Sometimes, a club chooses not to sell, it is their prerogative.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:



Oh maybe we are about to botch yet another transfer window?

Let's offer them Ox as part of the package, and then just send them Gibbs instead, hoping they won't know the difference.

Exactly. The excuses have started.


I think this will drag on for the window. Player determined club will not decide his destiny. I just hope it does not get messy.

For me, the quality of this player could be the difference in us challenging and winning the title. As you all know, nobody wants him at Arsenal more than me.

Rumours are, Arsenal have told Sanchez there is no chance of him joining any English club. Rumours of Sanchez speaking to Chelski, ManU and a City, he will join who offer the most money, but he knows Arsenal will not deal with any of them. Watch for PSG in all of this, I just have this feeling they will come in with the money the player wants. This will drag on till the end of the window.

Arsenal not messing about this window. A lot of high profile players already told, they can leave. Wilshere, Chambers, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Walcott all been told they can go. Remember when I did a squad assessment, I concluded 10 to 11 players were at risk, I now know Arsenal want 10 players out, they want to bring in better quality, I have no qualms with Arsenal decision. We must get to the next level and it means we gave to upgrade on talent that are not good enough either due to injury, attitude/mentality and effectiveness.


Selling Chambers to me makes no sense. Arsenal need him in the team especially if AW reported plan of using fringe players for the Europa League is to yield fruit. Holding and Chambers under the mentoring of Pers can be very useful in the Europa League. Knowledge these pair gain in the Europa League will come to stand Arsenal in good stead in future moreso when we note that Kosc is already 30 years old. However if we do sell him, i hope we have a buy-back clause in it.
Bar for injuries, we should keep Jack. His talent is not in doubt. Sometimes in the past season, if he was available on recall, he would have been very useful to the team.
These two in my opinion should be kept and not sold.


Arsenal do not want to sell Chambers but he has other offers to play. With a year left on his contract and him refusing to sign a new deal, Arsenal must get the best for themselves or lose him on a free. I think the option to buy back is very much on.

As for Wilshere, I agree with you, but the player and his Agent plus father have not helped matters. Wenger wanted him to stay, especially with the club knowing Santi's achilles was dodgy, but he forced his way out on loan. He too, has a year left of his contract, Arsenal are not offering a new deal yet, they want him fit before they decide, he wants one now. Once again, he has forced a decision.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:34 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
bouncino wrote:
tolahs wrote:
@bbcsport_david  :Arsenal growing less optimistic of signing Lemar. Still trying but other Monaco exits reduce chances. Intention remains to keep Sanchez #AFC

We seem to be doing that Arsenal thing of over-pursuing a player -ease up, try in Jan or even next summer – meanwhile no one’s convinced me why dude below isn’t grabbed with 2hands – he’s proven in our league. Old enough to deal with heavy fan expectations:
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2015–16
PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2016
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2016
Facebook FA Premier League Player of the Year : 2016 
Riyad takes the pressure of our newbies & neutralizes the effect of a dramatic Alexis. Does any footie fan this geezer doesn't increase our chances of winning the EPL?
------------------------------
I think we should seriously try for  Oriol Romeu & Virgil van Dijk -for a combo of either Chambers & Ox or Chambers & Theo
Oriol Romeu brings solidity to our midfield - very much needed While Virgil van Dijk gives us size, pace & quality. Gab could be thrown in on loan to the Saints - don't
know how close to recovering.


You are falling for the same trick.
Arsenal will sign one hyped player early to raise hopes and season tickets. Thereafter pretend and leak rumour of pursuits in the media, then find everyone else but themselves to blame.
Same s-hit different year


My bro, ST holders never renew cos of signings, if that was the case, in the last 10 years, they will all be long gone. You love your club and your football, you can afford it, so you do it. ST holders have to renew by 1st week in June, or lose the ticket, the vast majority do by the end of May.

Long way to go before the window ends. Arsenal need to get rid of players.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
anikulapo wrote:
Cheiiiii so e don end for Young Dan Crowley at Les Arse??? Another young Prince who didn't make the mark .... a true bloody shame :curse: :curse:

Wetin dey worry these young boys sef??????

The boy's lifestyle was a real problem. When I got the low down on him and his family, I lot interest, I knew he was another Jay Bothroyd and will not make it.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4434
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
Any truth to the Wilshere Sampdoria bid? Only 6 Million Euros??? Awfully low but then again Jack did not light up the league at Bournemouth and is heading to the final year of his contract. Surprised Bournemouth haven't tried to sign him...speaks volumes...

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cheiiiii so e don end for Young Dan Crowley at Les Arse??? Another young Prince who didn't make the mark .... a true bloody shame :curse: :curse:

Wetin dey worry these young boys sef??????


Like you well know, at the top level you've gotta have the mental reserves stay fighting - too many of these kids get to live the life too soon & find that necessary desire difficult to find. I have also argued for years that our foreign young players be sent to British clubs on loan to help acclimatize while the British born are sent abroad to help grow up & get used to playing w/o home support.
See some tweets on part of the narrative being pushed out there

 @jeorgebird:Crowley one of the most naturally talented youngsters at Arsenal in last ten years. English loans didn't work out and midfield overcrowded
 @jeorgebird Can only wonder if he would have made an impact had circumstances been different and he was thrown into first-team like Iwobi.
 @jeorgebird  :Continues trend of English and especially Arsenal youngsters going abroad. Many of them don't feel there is a pathway into the first-team

Zilch about work ethic, hunger - totally underplays the fight of Iwobi. I also expect Akpom to leave - loans have been poor


This angel* was amongst those who wrote Iwobi off and to me race was a big issue. I know these guys from going to youth games and boy, I could not stand their cryptic racism and a White privilege. This mentality that the English white boys, who were one of them had to come first and our kids were not English or English enough.

Arsenal had these old style English coaches led by Terry Burton, running the youth team then. I witnessed first hand how they started marginalising the Black kids, especially the ones they saw as non English. Suddenly, all the White boys were moved ahead and this was not based on talent, people like this angel* was using his medium to support the rubbish going on. But Wenger was watching. He got rid of all those coaches and the new coaches brought in a meritocracy again. It is their work that improved the Academy. These guys were upset and held a grudge, their people were gone and they wanted the Manager's head, but things got better at the Academy.

He may not like English youngsters not making the grade, but he cannot accuse Arsenal of not giving them a chance. Arsenal gave English youngsters, from the Academy and other clubs a chance. Also, his talk of a trend, what trend? Arrant nonsense. I ask him, how many of these few players have made it at their foreign clubs? It is because they are not wanted in England, they end up abroad.

Finally, just like he has this entitlement attitude, too many of this English players have an entitlement and wrong attitude. No surprise they are not making the grade.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:42 pm
Posts: 1337
Location: UK
I wonder if this was Arsene Wenger, fans would have crucified him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10952435/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-admits-it-is-getting-more-and-more-difficult-in-the-transfer-market

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
peron33uk wrote:


Abeg tell them. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10952659/wenger-sanchez-not-for-sale

Sanchez not for sale. Hmmmm.... Interesting indeed.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54893
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:



Er he said the same thing about Judas, Cesc and NasRat

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9236
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cheiiiii so e don end for Young Dan Crowley at Les Arse??? Another young Prince who didn't make the mark .... a true bloody shame :curse: :curse:

Wetin dey worry these young boys sef??????


Like you well know, at the top level you've gotta have the mental reserves stay fighting - too many of these kids get to live the life too soon & find that necessary desire difficult to find. I have also argued for years that our foreign young players be sent to British clubs on loan to help acclimatize while the British born are sent abroad to help grow up & get used to playing w/o home support.
See some tweets on part of the narrative being pushed out there

 @jeorgebird:Crowley one of the most naturally talented youngsters at Arsenal in last ten years. English loans didn't work out and midfield overcrowded
 @jeorgebird Can only wonder if he would have made an impact had circumstances been different and he was thrown into first-team like Iwobi.
 @jeorgebird  :Continues trend of English and especially Arsenal youngsters going abroad. Many of them don't feel there is a pathway into the first-team

Zilch about work ethic, hunger - totally underplays the fight of Iwobi. I also expect Akpom to leave - loans have been poor


This angel* was amongst those who wrote Iwobi off and to me race was a big issue. I know these guys from going to youth games and boy, I could not stand their cryptic racism and a White privilege. This mentality that the English white boys, who were one of them had to come first and our kids were not English or English enough.

Arsenal had these old style English coaches led by Terry Burton, running the youth team then. I witnessed first hand how they started marginalising the Black kids, especially the ones they saw as non English. Suddenly, all the White boys were moved ahead and this was not based on talent, people like this angel* was using his medium to support the rubbish going on. But Wenger was watching. He got rid of all those coaches and the new coaches brought in a meritocracy again. It is their work that improved the Academy. These guys were upset and held a grudge, their people were gone and they wanted the Manager's head, but things got better at the Academy.

He may not like English youngsters not making the grade, but he cannot accuse Arsenal of not giving them a chance. Arsenal gave English youngsters, from the Academy and other clubs a chance. Also, his talk of a trend, what trend? Arrant nonsense. I ask him, how many of these few players have made it at their foreign clubs? It is because they are not wanted in England, they end up abroad.

Finally, just like he has this entitlement attitude, too many of this English players have an entitlement and wrong attitude. No surprise they are not making the grade.

Truer words about this i haven't come across - gets my goat everytime!!!

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9236
Waffiman wrote:


It's a stand we must take & see through - hope the gaffer stop commenting on it now.
ManC in this instance are trying to kill a rival's chances - no way one looks at their squad & see a serious need for Alexis.
Anyone who understands the rivalry between S.Americans would understand Aguero & Jesus ain't about to bench warm - it'll be fought out
in the press of their respective countries - will ManC sell Aguero to Chelsea who're having issues with Costa? doubt it

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:42 pm
Posts: 1337
Location: UK
Waffiman wrote:


True talk sha. Looks like e no easy. I am glad he came out and said it.

See what happened to Chelsea with Lukaku, that's exactly what people say about Arsenal and Wenger with some other players.

The fact is that we do not know what is going on so all that we hear or think are just assumptions and an assumption is not fact.

Anyway, lets hope Wenger can bring in the right people this TW and get rid of the other dudes.

_________________
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:


But they just sold bakayoko to Chelsea. Its not just about monaco not wanting to sell but more about how arsenal approach their transfer dealings. Remember that Arsenal wouldnt have signed lacazette if Atletico madrid was not banned from signing players. You cant rely on the universe aligning on your favor all the time in order to be able to make high quality signings. Right now Monaco dont really have to sell to Arsenal coz they just sold Bakayoko to Chelsea for quite a reasonable price.


How do you know it is Arsenal's approach. What is it specific about this approach that has put off Monaco? You are not involved in the deal, so what makes you so sure of your conclusions.

On Lacazette, he is an Arsenal player, so your Athletico Madrid talk is pure speculation. If he was so keen on joining Athletico Madrid on a lower salary, he could easily have waited till January.


The problem with you is that you are very uninformed when it comes to things outside Arsenal. I dont think you are a liar, i think you are just poorly informed.

Atleti had a deal for Lacazette. He wanted them and he had planned to go there. however, ATLETI PULLED THE DEAL!!! Atleti got information from Costa that Conte had told him he has to go, no matter what. Costa is Atleti's first choice, and with Conte's text, Atleti realized that they could get Costa for pittance, so they PULLED THE LACAZETTE DEAL and moved for Costa.

THIS IS A FACT.


Quote:
BTW! I have it on good authority and not some BS, that Arsenal beat the likes of ManU, Chelsea and Everton to his signature after Wenger, who has tried to sign the player in the last two summer windows, had dinner in Paris with the player and his representatives. The deal was done with the player and despite attempts by Aulas to run an auction, he got nowhere because he made promises to the player to keep him last summer.


This one cannot be lack of information. This one just has to be you being a liar. You really think Mourinho and Conte wanted Lacazette as their first choice? and not Lukaku? or even Morata? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oh my God! How do the Arsenal fans on this forum even believe the rubbish crap lies you tell them?? seriously! Are they that stupid??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
I do not know why the Lemar deal is dragging on but Arsenal have made offers, including a very good recent offer. Sometimes, a club chooses not to sell, it is their prerogative.


Again you are missing the point. Without Sanchez and Ozil leaving, please give me your team list and tell me where Lemar will play? The issue is not only from Monaco, the truth is that your club is stalling on the deal because there is no space for Lemar on your squad.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:



Er he said the same thing about Judas, Cesc and NasRat


That was then, we do not need the money now. For me, he will end up at PSG. Looking at it, I do not think we will selling to any EPL club. If this is the case that's fine by me.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9236
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:



Er he said the same thing about Judas, Cesc and NasRat


That was then, we do not need the money now. For me, he will end up at PSG. Looking at it, I do not think we will selling to any EPL club. If this is the case that's fine by me.

They've got Draxler but want Alexis & Neymar? Granted the Neymar rumour started by a Madrid leaning pub

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 33039
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
peron33uk wrote:

Let's revisit your statement again twelve years from now and Liverpool hasn't won the EPL/UCL...and that's assuming Klopp's still manager. I'm betting he won't be.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 33039
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Interesting this http://talksport.com/football/what-ever ... nd-how?p=1

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48786
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:


It's a stand we must take & see through - hope the gaffer stop commenting on it now.
ManC in this instance are trying to kill a rival's chances - no way one looks at their squad & see a serious need for Alexis.
Anyone who understands the rivalry between S.Americans would understand Aguero & Jesus ain't about to bench warm - it'll be fought out
in the press of their respective countries - will ManC sell Aguero to Chelsea who're having issues with Costa? doubt it


I am sure he wants to stop but they keep asking him questions.

As much as I don't believe Arsenal will not sell to PSG at the right price, there are compelling economic factors as to why it is best to keep Sanchez and let him go on a free next season.

I believe Arsenal will get tops £60m for Sanchez. For Arsenal the calculation is simple. With Sanchez, what are our chances of finishing top 4? Without Sanchez, what are the chances are our chances of finishing top 4? Just do a Cost/Benefit analysis and you can see why Arsenal will rather lose Sanchez on a free than sell him for £50 to £60 million this summer window. The bottomline is, Arsenal do not want to risk missing out of CL football next season.

Everyone here knows Sanchez is not my cup of tea due to off field issues, but even I cannot deny his quality on the pitch. Moreover, his numbers last season cannot be argued against. With Lacazette now at the club, will Arsenal want to risk missing out on CL football by selling Sanchez? The latest UEFA’s TV deal saw the total funds available for distribution to clubs rise by 38% in 2015/16 season from €1.270 billion to an amazing €1.756 billion. The lion’s share of €1.345 billion went to the Champions League, but the Europa League also received a much larger proportion than the previous arrangement, amounting to €411 million. Note the difference, €1.345 billion for CL and €411 million for Europa.

Here are the figures, or Arsenal share of the CL money for the 2015/16 season of the Swiss Ramble. Arsenal made €53.4m with the TV money being €31.1 and the balance being from Price money and Participation. From 4 matches at Category A prices, Arsenal earned £27m. So in total, Arsenal earned £27m gate receipts plus £47.3m, (at today's Euro to GBP sterling rate) which is £74.3m in total. We can assume this will be the minimum because Arsenal play only 4 games in the 2015/16 CL season.

So if Arsenal sell Sanchez, they increase significantly their chances of missing out on at least £74.3m next season, do not forget they are already missing out on this money this season. But if they keep the player, they are almost certain to be back in the CL. Given this simple calculation, will you sell Sanchez? But this is just the beginning of the financial implications for Arsenal.

Now, we know Liverpool made €38m or £33.7m and Spuds €21m or £18.6m respectively from the Europa (including gate receipts, Participation, Price and TV money) in the same season. We can assume, Arsenal will make about €40m or £35.4m tops, so Arsenal will lose £35.3m this season for not playing in the CL. If they do not make it into the CL next season because they sold Sanchez, they will lose another £35.3m, making the total over 2 season £70.6m. Given this simple calculation, will you sell Sanchez and risk losing out again?

But the financial layers keep running deep and it becomes a really compelling case and understandable why Arsenal will not want to risk losing CL football for another season. Now let us have a look at ManU. They have been forced to pay inflated salaries in order to secure A-list signings. The longer a club spends outside of the CL, the more you are forced to pay to get elite players. Arsenal know they cannot afford to pay crazy wages, so they will be saying to players they sign this season, we will only be out of the CL this season, so take this amount this season, but it will increase when we return to the CL next season. Arsenal can even make promises on back pay to players if they get into the CL next season.

Arsenal must make their absence from the CL this season a one-off because the financial implications will not just affect player recruitment but sponsorship deals too. Arsenal’s kit contract with Puma expires in 2019. We all know the terms of the renegotiation will be determined, in part, by CL status.

Then we have the next problem, if Arsenal sell Sanchez for £70m, you need to find who will be willing to part with a high quality player as his replacement. I do not see this player being sold by a PL club, so the risk increases because you will have to get an unproven player to perform almost instantly to ensure CL qualification.

Now we come to the next problem, just look how difficult it is proving to sign Lemar. Imagine if we had sold Sanchez, Monaco will just play hard ball and squeeze our nuts until we cough up like a prisoner under torture. Monaco are asking for €80m for Lemar, that is £71m, this is the main reason why this deal is not moving. You can bet your last dime on this, if Sanchez is sold, Monaco will increase Lemar to £80m plus. Then what do we have left to buy the other targets.

It is more important Arsenal sign players like Lemar now. Not only because in this crazy market, they will definitely cost more next summer. There is also the fact that if Lemar is signed this summer, he would have had 1 year's experience of EPL football and will be ready for next season when Sanchez eventually leaves.

So what are the worries if he is made to see out his contract? Keeping an unhappy player might be bad for team morale. Also, there is the risk he will not be committed and not apply himself. I am not certain and I do not think anyone is until we get to high noon on this one. But, I have known dressing rooms lose morale when a top player leaves. For me the solution to this will be getting in Lemar and Mahrez as insurance for Sanchez not being committed as opposed to selling him.

What is beyond doubt is, there is a very compelling case for holding Sanchez to the final year of his contract because he increases significantly the chances of us getting to the CL especially with the purchase of Lacazette. As much as I believe the purchase of Lemar and say Mahrez will go a long way in mitigating the loss of Sanchez and get us CL football, I can understand why the club might see it differently and not want to take a risk. So, even if you want him out like I do, you have to be honest, practical and dispassionate about this, if you need the player, you must play the game by getting into his head and ensuring he performs to his best for the coming season.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 4841
http://sportwitness.co.uk/young-striker ... ment-ajax/

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9236
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:


It's a stand we must take & see through - hope the gaffer stop commenting on it now.
ManC in this instance are trying to kill a rival's chances - no way one looks at their squad & see a serious need for Alexis.
Anyone who understands the rivalry between S.Americans would understand Aguero & Jesus ain't about to bench warm - it'll be fought out
in the press of their respective countries - will ManC sell Aguero to Chelsea who're having issues with Costa? doubt it


I am sure he wants to stop but they keep asking him questions.

As much as I don't believe Arsenal will not sell to PSG at the right price, there are compelling economic factors as to why it is best to keep Sanchez and let him go on a free next season.

I believe Arsenal will get tops £60m for Sanchez. For Arsenal the calculation is simple. With Sanchez, what are our chances of finishing top 4? Without Sanchez, what are the chances are our chances of finishing top 4? Just do a Cost/Benefit analysis and you can see why Arsenal will rather lose Sanchez on a free than sell him for £50 to £60 million this summer window. The bottomline is, Arsenal do not want to risk missing out of CL football next season.

Everyone here knows Sanchez is not my cup of tea due to off field issues, but even I cannot deny his quality on the pitch. Moreover, his numbers last season cannot be argued against. With Lacazette now at the club, will Arsenal want to risk missing out on CL football by selling Sanchez? The latest UEFA’s TV deal saw the total funds available for distribution to clubs rise by 38% in 2015/16 season from €1.270 billion to an amazing €1.756 billion. The lion’s share of €1.345 billion went to the Champions League, but the Europa League also received a much larger proportion than the previous arrangement, amounting to €411 million. Note the difference, €1.345 billion for CL and €411 million for Europa.

Here are the figures, or Arsenal share of the CL money for the 2015/16 season of the Swiss Ramble. Arsenal made €53.4m with the TV money being €31.1 and the balance being from Price money and Participation. From 4 matches at Category A prices, Arsenal earned £27m. So in total, Arsenal earned £27m gate receipts plus £47.3m, (at today's Euro to GBP sterling rate) which is £74.3m in total. We can assume this will be the minimum because Arsenal play only 4 games in the 2015/16 CL season.

So if Arsenal sell Sanchez, they increase significantly their chances of missing out on at least £74.3m next season, do not forget they are already missing out on this money this season. But if they keep the player, they are almost certain to be back in the CL. Given this simple calculation, will you sell Sanchez? But this is just the beginning of the financial implications for Arsenal.

Now, we know Liverpool made €38m or £33.7m and Spuds €21m or £18.6m respectively from the Europa (including gate receipts, Participation, Price and TV money) in the same season. We can assume, Arsenal will make about €40m or £35.4m tops, so Arsenal will lose £35.3m this season for not playing in the CL. If they do not make it into the CL next season because they sold Sanchez, they will lose another £35.3m, making the total over 2 season £70.6m. Given this simple calculation, will you sell Sanchez and risk losing out again?

But the financial layers keep running deep and it becomes a really compelling case and understandable why Arsenal will not want to risk losing CL football for another season. Now let us have a look at ManU. They have been forced to pay inflated salaries in order to secure A-list signings. The longer a club spends outside of the CL, the more you are forced to pay to get elite players. Arsenal know they cannot afford to pay crazy wages, so they will be saying to players they sign this season, we will only be out of the CL this season, so take this amount this season, but it will increase when we return to the CL next season. Arsenal can even make promises on back pay to players if they get into the CL next season.

Arsenal must make their absence from the CL this season a one-off because the financial implications will not just affect player recruitment but sponsorship deals too. Arsenal’s kit contract with Puma expires in 2019. We all know the terms of the renegotiation will be determined, in part, by CL status.

Then we have the next problem, if Arsenal sell Sanchez for £70m, you need to find who will be willing to part with a high quality player as his replacement. I do not see this player being sold by a PL club, so the risk increases because you will have to get an unproven player to perform almost instantly to ensure CL qualification.

Now we come to the next problem, just look how difficult it is proving to sign Lemar. Imagine if we had sold Sanchez, Monaco will just play hard ball and squeeze our nuts until we cough up like a prisoner under torture. Monaco are asking for €80m for Lemar, that is £71m, this is the main reason why this deal is not moving. You can bet your last dime on this, if Sanchez is sold, Monaco will increase Lemar to £80m plus. Then what do we have left to buy the other targets.

It is more important Arsenal sign players like Lemar now. Not only because in this crazy market, they will definitely cost more next summer. There is also the fact that if Lemar is signed this summer, he would have had 1 year's experience of EPL football and will be ready for next season when Sanchez eventually leaves.

So what are the worries if he is made to see out his contract? Keeping an unhappy player might be bad for team morale. Also, there is the risk he will not be committed and not apply himself. I am not certain and I do not think anyone is until we get to high noon on this one. But, I have known dressing rooms lose morale when a top player leaves. For me the solution to this will be getting in Lemar and Mahrez as insurance for Sanchez not being committed as opposed to selling him.

What is beyond doubt is, there is a very compelling case for holding Sanchez to the final year of his contract because he increases significantly the chances of us getting to the CL especially with the purchase of Lacazette. As much as I believe the purchase of Lemar and say Mahrez will go a long way in mitigating the loss of Sanchez and get us CL football, I can understand why the club might see it differently and not want to take a risk. So, even if you want him out like I do, you have to be honest, practical and dispassionate about this, if you need the player, you must play the game by getting into his head and ensuring he performs to his best for the coming season.


On the figures regards retaining him, what will a player guaranteed to perform at 70% of Alexis worst season at Arsenal cost in this market?
Whomever you bring in has to adapt to the league - all that affects how defenses set up against us etc....
On the media front, i'll advise AW to "nothing to add"(when questions about Alexis come up) -cos these journos exploit the openness of AW - you take that away & Alexis's agent starts to appreciate his avenues for noise lack bite.
Lest we forget, CL teams competing in the various leagues will pay above their heads in Jan for talent - Alexis will not be CL-tied - if a sale has to happen.
As for the fear of insubordination - i am of a different opinion - he has to keep auditioning for the big wages he wants from other
clubs - that comes from performances - your biggest suitor in the summer can easily pass on being a dance partner is a different
transfer window.
The other reason why most top players will be performing's cos we're heading into a WC yr.
If Neymar's doable, I see PSG taking him - age, off field marketing etc

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54893
Location: USA
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich :



Arsenal XI: Cech, Bielik, Mertesacker, Monreal, Maitland-Niles, Coquelin, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Ozil, Welbeck, Lacazette.

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 494  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Prince and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group