The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Watching David Silva and seeing how good he is, then remember we had Santi, who was better. Lawd! It breaks my heart. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmm I should pull up my Santi vs the Parasite debate with a certain slow learner from seasons past :woot: :woot: :rotf:

So lemme understand this: you pay a guy 400k per week and you dey lament the absence of Santi? :rotf: :rotf: If Ozil is absent do you think Anyone would even realize it? :mrgreen:

Smh Olodo :woot:
Uncle you can replace Santi to Ozil in that statement and you will get it.Please you be my uncle but no dey bring Ozil name when calling better players that actually win games and carry their team.Silva a better player than Ozil and is funny how all of a sudden Santi is our best player,its no more Ozil.Arsenal is one weird club,you pay an average player money that he don't deserved and pay good better players less.SMH. Truth be told I don't mind the players take big check than the board that has zero interest to win trophies
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
tolahs wrote:Akexis s'posed to take ManU to ManC level & Nzonzi not good 'enuff' for us? Lawd!!!! Mercy is funky right about now.
???
Simple, some of us here & elsewhere pushed hard for the club to get Nzonzi while he fell out with his club's previous coach - reactions stemmed from he's overpriced to not good enough to play for "this Arsenal" - 2 legs vs ManU - he ain't been no punk. Played better
than any of our m/fers will do vs ManU
As for Alexis, too many fell for the narrative that he took ManU closer to ManC - to question that was seen as hating - too bad the pin
jumping on that record now!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Watching David Silva and seeing how good he is, then remember we had Santi, who was better. Lawd! It breaks my heart. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmm I should pull up my Santi vs the Parasite debate with a certain slow learner from seasons past :woot: :woot: :rotf:

So lemme understand this: you pay a guy 400k per week and you dey lament the absence of Santi? :rotf: :rotf: If Ozil is absent do you think Anyone would even realize it? :mrgreen:

Uncle you can replace Santi to Ozil in that statement and you will get it.Please you be my uncle but no dey bring Ozil name when calling better players that actually win games and carry their team.Silva a better player than Ozil and is funny how all of a sudden Santi is our best player,its no more Ozil.Arsenal is one weird club,you pay an average player money that he don't deserved and pay good better players less.SMH. Truth be told I don't mind the players take big check than the board that has zero interest to win trophies

Kaji sorry men na ya best Waffi cause am :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
tolahs wrote:Akexis s'posed to take ManU to ManC level & Nzonzi not good 'enuff' for us? Lawd!!!! Mercy is funky right about now.
???
Simple, some of us here & elsewhere pushed hard for the club to get Nzonzi while he fell out with his club's previous coach - reactions stemmed from he's overpriced to not good enough to play for "this Arsenal" - 2 legs vs ManU - he ain't been no punk. Played better
As for Alexis, too many fell for the narrative that he took ManU closer to ManC - to question that was seen as hating - too bad the pin

Abeg mention names :D :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:N'Zonzi display today @ Man Utd has Aniks like...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My guy Thank You Men ... Funny he barely got out of first gear today and still made an impact but nah let’s keep piling on excuses and fake stats for Chaka Khan :mrgreen:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Ozil is a good player. If he could just show up 4 games out of 5 ... instead of 1 out of 4.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
???

Abeg mention names :D :taunt:
I remember you were as sold on Nzonzi as i was - on youtube, i read he wasn't fit to wear the jersey - conclusions drawn from his EPL days.
As for Alexis - too many writers in the English media discounted JM's tendencies to shackle free spirits - we now have at OT a system
that can't fit Pogba & Alexis - not celebrating it at all but i've seen enough of that gaffer - when you lose CR, Hazard, Robben - there's
gotta be an asterisk.
On mentioning names - immo stay on wimp street. :blink: :scared:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
amafolas wrote:
even if Santi wasn't injured, he'd be pushing 33 now. haba!
Silva is 32, so there is no reason why Cazorla would not have been able to perform...besides he is a player who never depended on physical attributes which is the major thing that goes with age.
Spot on analysis esp, re physical attributes.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Steve Nzonzi - "we thought they were going to press a bit more. We didn't know we will have the ball the way we did cos we thought they were a big club".
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

People, as much as talent Silva & Cazorla are leaders who command the respect of their teammates - huge. No big egos.

On another case, why the constant talk about selling Hector when we've no RFB. Some of us remember AC learning how to play defense.
Selling Hector to a Euro-rival while looking to get 2 quality RBs in makes zero sense.
Nice piece on this:
--------------------------

Why are Arsenal seemingly ready to give up on Hector Bellerin?

. In many ways, Bellerin is the archetypal player in the second half of Arsene Wenger's reign. Given a chance at an age when other managers would have shied away from looking at their youth options, his development has stagnated in the past 18 months. Proficient in attack, he lacks defensive rigour.....Given that the current back-ups are Calum Chambers, a player whose chronic lack of pace makes him ill-suited to the role, and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who has a greater claim to being a left wing-back and a central midfielder at the moment, it is unclear why Arsenal would welcome any approaches for Bellerin. Even if a £50m offer was accepted with a view to funding a rebuilding programme -- something the Mail's report suggested -- that process would have to begin with a new right-back..... starting from scratch at right-back when Arsenal currently possess a player of Bellerin's calibre makes little sense at all. If Arsenal are looking to raise money, there are more obvious places to start. And if they are going to be welcoming a new manager of their own, then a revitalised Bellerin will be an excellent starting point for the rebuilding process that so desperately needs to happen.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/ars ... -a-mistake
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Kaji sorry men na ya best Waffi cause am :taunt:
Uncle no dey bring Ozil name when you are talking about ballers.
That boy likely get Wenger video,400k a week?Chai some people get luck for life.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:People, as much as talent Silva & Cazorla are leaders who command the respect of their teammates - huge. No big egos.

On another case, why the constant talk about selling Hector when we've no RFB. Some of us remember AC learning how to play defense.
Selling Hector to a Euro-rival while looking to get 2 quality RBs in makes zero sense.
Nice piece on this:

. In many ways, Bellerin is the archetypal player in the second half of Arsene Wenger's reign. Given a chance at an age when other managers would have shied away from looking at their youth options, his development has stagnated in the past 18 months. Proficient in attack, he lacks defensive rigour.....Given that the current back-ups are Calum Chambers, a player whose chronic lack of pace makes him ill-suited to the role, and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who has a greater claim to being a left wing-back and a central midfielder at the moment, it is unclear why Arsenal would welcome any approaches for Bellerin. Even if a £50m offer was accepted with a view to funding a rebuilding programme -- something the Mail's report suggested -- that process would have to begin with a new right-back..... starting from scratch at right-back when Arsenal currently possess a player of Bellerin's calibre makes little sense at all. If Arsenal are looking to raise money, there are more obvious places to start. And if they are going to be welcoming a new manager of their own, then a revitalised Bellerin will be an excellent starting point for the rebuilding process that so desperately needs to happen.

Who be Arsenal Euro-rival :?: If anyone pay that 50 million for him,he should be ship,15 million and 20 million you can get a better decent RB.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

If the player has stopped listening to coaches, gets pissed, when he is not included in the lineup and refuses to listen to his other team mates instructions, makes dumb decisions on the pitch ... then there is no hope for him at the club.
You don't keep a player just for the sake of keeping him.
If Wenger were to stay on, I really hope he becomes more forceful and less linien with his primadonna players. If you don't perform, you don't play. Simple.
There are plenty of top RBs in the world. If we can sell him for 50M, I'm sure we can get two top quality RBs ...
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:People, as much as talent Silva & Cazorla are leaders who command the respect of their teammates - huge. No big egos.
Nice piece on this:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Here they go again. Blame the players and ship them out.
Bellerin is a very talented player and can be used in various positions. You need a coach to refocus his defensive abilities.
Selling him is a no no.
Thats how you folks went after Ox as well.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -training/

Hmmm was he even missed :laugh:
Truth be told I will not have play that crazy Welbeck if he is fit.
Arsenal also have been poor that no one would have been miss in recent games.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:N'Zonzi display today @ Man Utd has Aniks like...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My guy Thank You Men ... Funny he barely got out of first gear today and still made an impact but nah let’s keep piling on excuses and fake stats for Chaka Khan :mrgreen:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:Here they go again. Blame the players and ship them out.
Bellerin is a very talented player and can be used in various positions. You need a coach to refocus his defensive abilities.
Selling him is a no no.
Thats how you folks went after Ox as well.
Well Ox, has been errrrr.... Ox, at Liverpool. I have no quarrel with Bellerin, if he wants to leave, I understand. But at least Arsenal have a strong hand here with him tied to a long term contract.

BTW! The Juve talk is pure rubbish for now. Juve cannot afford him.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

[Waffi.. is it true that PSG want Wenger ?

How mush are zay offering ? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

BTW! The Juve talk is pure rubbish for now. Juve cannot afford him.[/quote]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

United, Spurs and Chelsea knocked out of the UCL round of 16 stage. All 3 are now focusing on top 4 and winning the FA Cup... Something Arsenal was slaughtered for by the media.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:United, Spurs and Chelsea knocked out of the UCL round of 16 stage. All 3 are now focusing on top 4 and winning the FA Cup... Something Arsenal was slaughtered for by the media.
The hypocrisy is sickening. :boo:

People are saying Chelsea played well. If with was Arsenal that went down fighting, all you would hear is how useless we were. What pisses me off the most is that our fans buy into the rubbish.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu