Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 am 

Kai! I never got to appraise and appreciate how much depth of quality and unparalleled balance he brings to just any team he plays for, I always rated him as a top player of course, but always saw him as a one dimensional player who excelled in one particular role: breaking up play and decent going forward. But after watching the Argentina friendly, I paid very close attention to the trio of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu just to assess how well they play together ... and Ndidi particularly stood out for me, dude is not only a beast, his passing was actually good and there was one particular move he made that pretty much summed up my high rating for the lad, it came from the build up to our second goal, during quick and tidy passing sequence that had us in the Argentina 18 yard box, one of our players lost the ball but Ndidi snapped the ball right back from the Argentina player, brilliantly held up possession despite been sandwiched by 2 Argentina players, and still had the composure to slide Ihenacho a good through pass... And the rest was history. Ogu also impressed me, he is definitely up there in the hierarchy of Mikel Obi, Ndidi, Iwobi, and Onazi...Mikel can now afford all the luxuries of now playing a libero free role of joining the attack and driving forward knowing his able and reliable "sweepers" behind - Ndidi, Onazi, Ogu, Etebo, Shehu, Idowu, Ebuehi and Agu have his back when we are on the back foot, Rohrs blueprint is now coming together, the concept is now discernible. All we need now is to confer the playmaking role to Iwobi, then Victor Moses, Simon, Ighalo, and Nacho will finish the job upfront.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 am 

Ndidi is not yet a complete player like say Sunday Oliseh was in that role. Offensively, he does not provide enough.

Yes, he wins almost every duel in midfield and is one of the best at winning the ball back but the ability of an Ngolo Kante to then drive forward. If you go to the Leicester City forum, the fans keep saying they want to see him improve his passing and use of the ball.

With the Eagles for instance, I am yet to see Ndidi deliver a 50-yard cross field pass that will pick out a team mate with precision. Anyway, he is only 20 and learning his trade, so I hope that over the next few years, he adds all these facets to his game. If he does, he can go on to become a world class player.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 am 

Tobi17 wrote:
Kai! I never got to appraise and appreciate how much depth of quality and unparalleled balance he brings to just any team he plays for, I always rated him as a top player of course, but always saw him as a one dimensional player who excelled in one particular role: breaking up play and decent going forward. But after watching the Argentina friendly, I paid very close attention to the trio of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu just to assess how well they play together ... and Ndidi particularly stood out for me, dude is not only a beast, his passing was actually good and there was one particular move he made that pretty much summed up my high rating for the lad, it came from the build up to our second goal, during quick and tidy passing sequence that had us in the Argentina 18 yard box, one of our players lost the ball but Ndidi snapped the ball right back from the Argentina player, brilliantly held up possession despite been sandwiched by 2 Argentina players, and still had the composure to slide Ihenacho a good through pass... And the rest was history. Ogu also impressed me, he is definitely up there in the hierarchy of Mikel Obi, Ndidi, Iwobi, and Onazi...Mikel can now afford all the luxuries of now playing a libero free role of joining the attack and driving forward knowing his able and reliable "sweepers" behind - Ndidi, Onazi, Ogu, Etebo, Shehu, Idowu, Ebuehi and Agu have his back when we are on the back foot, Rohrs blueprint is now coming together, the concept is now discernible. All we need now is to confer the playmaking role to Iwobi, then Victor Moses, Simon, Ighalo, and Nacho will finish the job upfront.
Did you notice how, as he made that through pass, he actually did a 180 degree turn and was facing the opposite direction (away from goal).

I'm not sure whether that was an act of deception to mask the pass to Kelechi or an act to avoid getting caught by the Argentinian defenders' tackles,
Whatever it was I found it very clever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:52 am 

Uncle Damunkey, it's called a no-look pass. :D

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.