Chile 0 - 1 Germany - Confederations Cup Final

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chile 0 - 1 Germany - Confederations Cup Final

Post by Dammy »

balo wrote:
analyzer wrote:There has to be a case study on German Football. the transformation the past 10-12 yrs is remarkable. Totally revamped their football from youth level up.. They are on to something..
How did Rudiger turn out?
Rudiger is a beast!!!
I am happy
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Gifted a goal park the bus waste time win the trophy
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

mcal wrote:...well, ladies and gentlemen of Nigeria, will our football organizers and administrators see how a national team is built.
Youths thrown together just won the (confed) world cup.
Another step down youth side won European championship last Friday.
Will we ever be this strategic?
No no and no, because the thieves are must concerned with budget and money to chop.
I no go talk, but I go talk. Been on this site since before the 1998 WC. came on this site as a young man, now I have spent more years on earth than I have left. If you are in your 40s, chances are, you do not have another 40 years left. We have been talking about the same problem with our football for over 20 years. Pele was not being funny when he predicted that we were going to win the WC in a few years. The greatest saw something in us that let to that prediction.

Our football is simply a manifestation of us as a people. God blessed that country and the people more than most countries on earth but we are own greatest enemy of our own progress. Year in. year out. its the same problem with our football and our NFA. I am overwhelmed with sadness and depression when I think about people like Amodu, Keshi, and all the others who have passed. mcal, our administrators and organizers do not care and we the people are as docile as fill-in-the-blank. Our politicians, football administrators, organizers and even footballers are not from Mars, they are from us.
-Simpli fy -
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija can easily beat this German side
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
mcal wrote:...well, ladies and gentlemen of Nigeria, will our football organizers and administrators see how a national team is built.
No no and no, because the thieves are must concerned with budget and money to chop.
I no go talk, but I go talk. Been on this site since before the 1998 WC. came on this site as a young man, now I have spent more years on earth than I have left. If you are in your 40s, chances are, you do not have another 40 years left. We have been talking about the same problem with our football for over 20 years. Pele was not being funny when he predicted that we were going to win the WC in a few years. The greatest saw something in us that let to that prediction.

Our football is simply a manifestation of us as a people. God blessed that country and the people more than most countries on earth but we are own greatest enemy of our own progress. Year in. year out. its the same problem with our football and our NFA. I am overwhelmed with sadness and depression when I think about people like Amodu, Keshi, and all the others who have passed. mcal, our administrators and organizers do not care and we the people are as docile as fill-in-the-blank. Our politicians, football administrators, organizers and even footballers are not from Mars, they are from us.
...I am as saddened as well.
I wonder if they (the organizers and administrators) are seeing what we see.
For starters, the German coach have been in-charge for a whole long time allowing him to mold what they have today.
Instead we, Nigerians, Africans will change coaches like underwear. One match, one tournament you are out. It is sad.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Rawlings wrote:Naija can easily beat this German side
...how about gyan and co?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

analyzer wrote:There has to be a case study on German Football. the transformation the past 10-12 yrs is remarkable. Totally revamped their football from youth level up.. They are on to something..
There already is. Check out the book "Das Reboot". Available at Amazon.com. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

mcal wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:

For starters, the German coach have been in-charge for a whole long time allowing him to mold what they have today.
Instead we, Nigerians, Africans will change coaches like underwear. One match, one tournament you are out. It is sad.
What do we actually see? People usually see what they want to see. Germany is on a high now, but surely they will go down and then up again, such is the vicissitudes of life. Brazil, France, Spain also had some period of dominance. Nigeria will eventually win the WC, the time is what we don't know. Continuity in coaching and administration will help but we are not patient. Compare our turnover of coaches and administration since 1994 to the top 8.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

mcal wrote:
They could not even beat US & Mexico

Naija is Numero Uno
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Samora Machel wrote:
joao wrote:Germany won by playing selfless disciplined football. Just the basics with no frivolities.
Hope our players, and we the fans, can learn something from watching the Germans.
Winning in this game is less about individual names and hype, and more about teamwork.
You always give balanced analysis chief but
I wish you would accept African players simply aren't good enough. They dribble better than these Germans but they
can't do the basics as well as these German lads
I think talent can be overrated in team sports. Look at Argentina. They can field ten quality talented attackers and still lose,
just because they do not support each other. African players generally are talented, but lack team discipline, which includes
focus on the agenda and not playing to the gallery. Many times you see African players making elementary mistakes and you
wonder how they got to the national team. Recently on the Super Eagles, you see different attitudes during the match. Some
players are business-like while others merely stroll around even after carelessly losing the ball. One can note that they are on
the same page, and we wonder at the results.
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

folem wrote:
mcal wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:

What do we actually see? People usually see what they want to see. Germany is on a high now, but surely they will go down and then up again, such is the vicissitudes of life. Brazil, France, Spain also had some period of dominance. Nigeria will eventually win the WC, the time is what we don't know. Continuity in coaching and administration will help but we are not patient. Compare our turnover of coaches and administration since 1994 to the top 8.
...you have all the ingredients to make a better soup, what exactly is stopping us from achieving that other than the obvious, greed. Incompetence is often used as an excuse.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rawlings wrote:
mcal wrote:

Naija is Numero Uno
Hey, you know what, you are not so bad after all...at least you recognize greatness
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

chile, yet to win something outside s americA.. 1st finale outside that zone...
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Man Ataye wrote:chile, yet to win something outside s americA.. 1st finale outside that zone...
Inside n americA nko? :mrgreen:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Man Ataye wrote:chile, yet to win something outside s americA.. 1st finale outside that zone...
Still gonna be serious contenders for the next few years.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Rawlings wrote:
mcal wrote:

Naija is Numero Uno
You must have seen Gone in 30 Secs.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

maceo4 wrote:
Still gonna be serious contenders for the next few years.

Really so & hope this generation doesn't go down as underachievers!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

folem wrote:

u forget the 2 s. American belts????
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Man Ataye wrote:
folem wrote:

u forget the 2 s. American belts????
u forgot the host continent for Copa América Centenario?????