Chile 0 - 1 Germany - Confederations Cup Final

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: Chile v Germany - Confederations Cup Final

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

German efficiency in full display. This was Chile's game, but the German had the antidote to the Chileans.
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Had to log on good old CE to complete the experience.
-Simpli fy -
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:Chaii!! What a game.. very entertaining. Kudos to Germany & their kids. Low did a fantastic job.. To think none of these German players can break into their 1st team when everyone is fit!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Right now, Loew must surely consider Mustafi, Kimmich, Werner for first team duty. (*kimmich already gets games)

The Germans are just way too smart. This has been a joy to watch.
The world cup will be harder but if opponents keep self destructing like they have here and like Brazil did in 2014, Germany will repeat as world champs.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Löw is the GOAT
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just realized that German C team could beat the South American champion!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Rooting for Chile but one has to respect good football when you come up against it. Thank you Germany. Thank you Chile.
-Simpli fy -
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

platinum wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
platinum wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
platinum wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Why is Germany trying to win this thing? They should know better that if they win the Confederation cup, they will tank at the World cup the next year.
you know this na German B team right?
It is actually their Team C but they are still the German National team!
So wetin you for like mek dem do?
Lose the dam thing and win the World cup next year?

What is the correlation between the two events?
You win one you don't win the other simplify put!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

King Futcha wrote:Löw is the GOAT
"GOAT? Are you being sarcastic or why did you say that? I am lost
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: Chile 0 - 1 Germany - Confederations Cup Final

Greatest of All Time (GOAT)
-Simpli fy -
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

See grown men crying. Is football really just a game? Like Fergie says, the only way to enjoy a final is to win it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Rooting for Chile but one has to respect good football when you come up against it. Thank you Germany. Thank you Chile.
Indeed thanks to both teams. They are good!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Greatest of All Time (GOAT)
I see! Thanks for the clarification. In this case, a "good thing" obviously
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Germany won by playing selfless disciplined football. Just the basics with no frivolities.
Hope our players, and we the fans, can learn something from watching the Germans.
Winning in this game is less about individual names and hype, and more about teamwork.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

There has to be a case study on German Football. the transformation the past 10-12 yrs is remarkable. Totally revamped their football from youth level up.. They are on to something..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Rooting for Chile but one has to respect good football when you come up against it. Thank you Germany. Thank you Chile.
KPOM. This was a good game and it is a Confed Cup final that will be remember for a long time. This felt like a WC game rather than a Confed Cup game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:
KPOM. This was a good game and it is a Confed Cup final that will be remember for a long time. This felt like a WC game rather than a Confed Cup game.
Though I was routing for Chile, but I enjoyed the game beyond mention as was played by both sides. Finally, the decision to not give a RED CARD to the Chilean player - seems a good one to me - now.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...well, ladies and gentlemen of Nigeria, will our football organizers and administrators see how a national team is built.
Youths thrown together just won the (confed) world cup.
Another step down youth side won European championship last Friday.
Will we ever be this strategic?
No no and no, because the thieves are must concerned with budget and money to chop.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

King Futcha wrote:Löw is the GOAT
Dude doesn't get nearly as much credit. What a coach!

Meanwhile, Germany is just incredible. I'll take any member of this team today!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I would never be able to wrap my head around how Germans make football look so easy by doing the simple things yet produce magnificent results...strong and well drilled youth system? discipline or just good old German efficiency? I really think they have set a model for others to follow, Africa needs to really reevaluate its football foundation in all tiers...these guys aren't more talented than us.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:Chaii!! What a game.. very entertaining. Kudos to Germany & their kids. Low did a fantastic job.. To think none of these German players can break into their 1st team when everyone is fit!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Right now, Loew must surely consider Mustafi, Kimmich, Werner for first team duty. (*kimmich already gets games)

The Germans are just way too smart. This has been a joy to watch.
The world cup will be harder but if opponents keep self destructing like they have here and like Brazil did in 2014, Germany will repeat as world champs.

A year is a long time in football, so these are not decisions to be made in the moment.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

joao wrote:Germany won by playing selfless disciplined football. Just the basics with no frivolities.
Hope our players, and we the fans, can learn something from watching the Germans.
Winning in this game is less about individual names and hype, and more about teamwork.
You always give balanced analysis chief but I wish you would accept African players simply aren't good enough. They dribble better than these Germans but they can't do the basics as well as these German lads
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:There has to be a case study on German Football. the transformation the past 10-12 yrs is remarkable. Totally revamped their football from youth level up.. They are on to something..
How did Rudiger turn out?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg