OLISEH: Emenike can be big again but he is sensitive....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OLISEH: Emenike can be big again but he is sensitive....

Post by Enugu II »

Oliseh tips Olympiacos-bound Emenike to shine again, but warns he’s ‘sensitive’
By Samm Audu - July 3, 2017216 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/07/03/o ... sensitive/

Emmanuel Emenike – He is now expected in Athens Tuesday from Turkey. Oliseh believes he will hit it big at Olympiacos
Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has tipped Emmanuel Emenike to get his career back on track at Greek champions Olympiacos, but also warned the striker is “sensitive” and must be treated with respect for him to deliver.

Oliseh made his declaration to SDNA.gr as Emenike is now due in Athens on Tuesday for a routine medical before he signs for Olympiacos.

“I believe he can hit it big again at Olympiacos,” Oliseh said of Emenike.

“He’s an aggressive striker who finishes well and on a good day, he alone can change a game for his team because he has a winning mentality.

“He can play alone on top of the attack, has good speed, can hold up play for his teammates to join him upfront and also create space for them.”

The Greek publication then sought to know whether or not Emenike is “a problematic” player.

“Emenike is sensitive,” replied Oliseh.

“If you want the best of him, you have to look out for him. You have to show him that he is important in your plans. You must want and respect him.

“When he was in the national team with me, everything was fine. We had no problems.

“It was his own decision to quit the national team so as to focus on his club career and family.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLISEH: Emenike can be big again but he is sensitive....

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
Oliseh tips Olympiacos-bound Emenike to shine again, but warns he’s ‘sensitive’
By Samm Audu - July 3, 2017216 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/07/03/o ... sensitive/

Emmanuel Emenike – He is now expected in Athens Tuesday from Turkey. Oliseh believes he will hit it big at Olympiacos
Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has tipped Emmanuel Emenike to get his career back on track at Greek champions Olympiacos, but also warned the striker is “sensitive” and must be treated with respect for him to deliver.

Oliseh made his declaration to SDNA.gr as Emenike is now due in Athens on Tuesday for a routine medical before he signs for Olympiacos.

“I believe he can hit it big again at Olympiacos,” Oliseh said of Emenike.

“He’s an aggressive striker who finishes well and on a good day, he alone can change a game for his team because he has a winning mentality.

“He can play alone on top of the attack, has good speed, can hold up play for his teammates to join him upfront and also create space for them.”

The Greek publication then sought to know whether or not Emenike is “a problematic” player.

“Emenike is sensitive,” replied Oliseh.

If you want the best of him, you have to look out for him. You have to show him that he is important in your plans. You must want and respect him.

“When he was in the national team with me, everything was fine. We had no problems.

“It was his own decision to quit the national team so as to focus on his club career and family.”
As highlighted in above, isn't that true with everyone? From ones spouse to his/her children and to one's employees (subordinates) at work? Treat anyone good - in addition to - respect and dignity, and they will bring down "Mountain Everest" for you without hesitation
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Emenike wants to go to the 2018 World Cup in Russia (his former stamping ground), that is why he has joined Olympiacos, who are in the Champions League, instead of moving to China. Do we need the wounder to come and wound Cameroon in the WCQ?
I am happy
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Dammy wrote:Emenike wants to go to the 2018 World Cup in Russia (his former stamping ground), that is why he has joined Olympiacos, who are in the Champions League, instead of moving to China. Do we need the wounder to come and wound Cameroon in the WCQ?

I thought he retired from International football? How he is going to play in Russia?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I am only guessing but Emenike declined after suffering a very serious knees injury it will be very difficult for him to redescover his explosive form....... injury has rob so of the best players of the best part of their careers Ike Uche, Obasi,Obodo etc etc
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Undertaker wrote:
Dammy wrote:Emenike wants to go to the 2018 World Cup in Russia (his former stamping ground), that is why he has joined Olympiacos, who are in the Champions League, instead of moving to China. Do we need the wounder to come and wound Cameroon in the WCQ?

I thought he retired from International football? How he is going to play in Russia?
He should remain retired from Internation footie.

Best of luck to him in Greece. Hope the check comes on time and is good. :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I think Emenike will do well in Greece. He's not a world class CF and was found out in Turkey and England. I think at a lower level of soccer, he could really shine.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

He is still better and more aggressive than Kelechi.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:I think Emenike will do well in Greece. He's not a world class CF and was found out in Turkey and England. I think at a lower level of soccer, he could really shine.

No be Turkey wey him blow up?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:I think Emenike will do well in Greece. He's not a world class CF and was found out in Turkey and England. I think at a lower level of soccer, he could really shine.
How was he found out? Ol boy, he made his name in second division in Turkey and promoted his team to the first division then had another good season before being bought by one of the top teams in Turkey. After he showed Yobo SE captain serious pepper he recommended him for SE and Yobo's team bought the bobo. He was a star in Turkey, he just hasn't been the same since his knee injury and age is also catching up to the bobo. But his current state is not indicative of his best of where he was at his prime or could have been if he wasn't slowed down by the 2013 ANC injury and then right after that a knee injury. He was a much better player as his numbers in Turkey and Russia show. Of course he was never 'World Class' but he was very good in his prime. He clearly came to the EPL on the decline, but also wasn't given much time to settle. But hey, I've seen much worse strikers playing in the league...
Last edited by maceo4 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:

Ol boy I was confused, had to educate the brother a little. :?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

No Mace...over the last 3 seasons, Emenike has been subpar in Turkey. He made his name in Russia and the Turkish division 2. In the Super Lig and England, he was found out....watched a lot of his games. Emenike can still hack it coming in from the wings...but as he ages, he's going to lose some speed and aggression...so that won't last. But as a CF, he can't hack it at the highest level....you can't push people around all day, with average (at best) marksmanship.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

No Mace...over the last 3 seasons, Emenike has been subpar in Turkey. He made his name in Russia and the Turkish division 2. In the Super Lig and England, he was found out....watched a lot of his games. Emenike can still hack it coming in from the wings...but as he ages, he's going to lose some speed and aggression...so that won't last. But as a CF, he can't hack it at the highest level....you can't push people around all day, with average (at best) marksmanship.
what the heck are you talking about

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He scored 14 goals in his first Super Lig season before he left after the match fixing wahala to Spartak where he also excelled. He was hardly a flop, and was most certainly not "found out" in Super Lig. His game centered around pace and raw power, and injuries left a big toll.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

Rohr should invite this guy back
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He scored 14 goals in his first Super Lig season before he left after the match fixing wahala to Spartak where he also excelled. He was hardly a flop, and was most certainly not "found out" in Super Lig. His game centered around pace and raw power, and injuries left a big toll.
I don't understand what you guys are arguing.

His first season in Turkey: 14 goals
2nd: 12 goals
3rd: 5 goals
4th: 8 goals

These are NOT World Class Center Forward numbers. I watched a lot of his games....if Emenike couldn't push you out of the way, no show. If his marksmanship was a bit better, he would have scored more...but even when he was through on goal, Emenike often failed to beat the keeper. In England, it was the same...in a league that should have favored him, he couldn't muster decent opportunities on goal....lots of running, energy, but nothing to show in the end.

I like him...if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have had as respectable an outing in Brazil as we had...But part of the reason we didn't do much better in Brazil is that we did not have enough World Class players.....You cannot rise above certain levels without them, and players like Emenike, who was one of the better players in that team, could not get us past the 2nd round.

Emenike cannot hack it at the highest levels.....not as a CF....He's pretty easy to mark if a defender has done some homework. That's why I think a move to a less competitive league would help him....Greece, China etc. Sorry, I watched too many Fenerbahce games
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Dean, you are being way unfair to the bobo, he was definitely not found out and actually worked his way up from the bottom 2nd division in Turkey to one of the most famous teams in the league!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Unless he has some incredible form I don't see him making it back into the World Cup squad. If Rohr is successful in qualifying he will want to play with the younger guys like Iheanacho and Kayode and if he would go with senior strikers go with Ideye or Ighalo.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Dean, you are being way unfair to the bobo, he was definitely not found out and actually worked his way up from the bottom 2nd division in Turkey to one of the most famous teams in the league!
Bros, it depends on your definition of "found out". I have a lot of love for Emenike. I started watching rubbish Turkish soccer because of him....His story is inspiring, and he worked himself up from nothing to world recognition.

However, at the end of the day, I cannot confer attributes on Emenike that he doesn't have. Were I his coach, I would have put him on the wings 3 or so years ago. With space, and running at defenders, he can be a terror....with the limited space a striker has, and the demands of marksmanship, he was far from worrisome to good defenses.

I salute his achievements though, and wish him all the best.
Last edited by deanotito on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

These are NOT World Class Center Forward numbers. I watched a lot of his games....if Emenike couldn't push you out of the way, no show. If his marksmanship was a bit better, he would have scored more...but even when he was through on goal, Emenike often failed to beat the keeper. In England, it was the same...in a league that should have favored him, he couldn't muster decent opportunities on goal....lots of running, energy, but nothing to show in the end.

I like him...if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have had as respectable an outing in Brazil as we had...But part of the reason we didn't do much better in Brazil is that we did not have enough World Class players.....You cannot rise above certain levels without them, and players like Emenike, who was one of the better players in that team, could not get us past the 2nd round.

Emenike cannot hack it at the highest levels.....not as a CF....He's pretty easy to mark if a defender has done some homework. That's why I think a move to a less competitive league would help him....Greece, China etc. Sorry, I watched too many Fenerbahce games
He was on an upward trajectory before his injuries, I dunno how you are just glossing over that. Also he scored 21 times in 41 games for Spartak Moscow. Don't gloss over that as that was part of his upward trajectory until he got a thigh injury in the ANC, then right after had a knee injury while at Moscow. He was never "found out" as you are saying, just admit you goofed there...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He was on an upward trajectory before his injuries, I dunno how you are just glossing over that. Also he scored 21 times in 41 games for Spartak Moscow. Don't gloss over that as that was part of his upward trajectory until he got a thigh injury in the ANC, then right after had a knee injury while at Moscow. He was never "found out" as you are saying, just admit you goofed there...
Like I said in my prior post, it depends on what you understand by the term "found out". I stand by the term....no goof. Russia & Turkish Div 2 are not world class avenues. I will say for the umpteenth time that I like Emenike, and was simply providing my honest assessment of his talent.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He scored on his debut for Olympiacos, came in 89th minute scored in 91st minute...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Champs league goal
SuperEagles