BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by balo »

Baba Rahman has started training with the First team.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If this is really what happened, then no wonder Chelsea didn't get any of Ox or Barkley. And I am fine with it. And this backs what I thought happened. Conte could not lie to Ox that he would be hired to play as a CM. So he took his wares elsewhere.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -ztsprtn0w

Antonio Conte kept out of Ross Barkley deal

Antonio Conte’s failure to speak to Ross Barkley while the midfielder contemplated a move to Chelsea on transfer deadline day last week was the result of direct instructions from the club.

The Times has learnt that Chelsea decided to keep the head coach away from transfer negotiations after his unsuccessful talks with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain the same week, which ended with the Arsenal midfielder opting to join Liverpool.

Chelsea’s tactics backfired however, as Barkley chose to return to Everton to continue his rehabilitation from a hamstring tear and is instead expected to seek a transfer in January. Contrary to reports, the 23-year-old player did not get anywhere near Stamford Bridge or Chelsea’s training ground in Cobham. He is believed to have changed his mind about the move en route from Liverpool to London, a decision at least partially influenced by his failure to speak to Conte.

Barkley had asked to speak to Conte to seek clarification about the Italian’s plans for him after Everton accepted a £35 million bid from Chelsea last Thursday, but a call never materialised. Conte’s relations with the Chelsea board have been tense throughout a difficult summer in which there has been considerable disagreement over transfer business and he is not believed to have had an active role in speaking to targets when the deadline neared last week.

Conte had told Oxlade-Chamberlain that he would be competing with Victor Moses for the right wing-back spot if he moved to Stamford Bridge, which was instrumental in him deciding to join Liverpool where Jürgen Klopp has promised him the chance to play in central midfield, but Chelsea have been careful not to blame Conte for missing out on the player as they seek to improve relations now the window has closed.

Conte did not speak to Danny Drinkwater on deadline day either before his late £35 million move from Leicester City, with all of Chelsea’s transfer business conducted by Michael Emenalo, the technical director, and Marina Granovskaia, a director.

Chelsea intend to make another attempt to sign Barkley during the January transfer window and are hopeful of being successful at the second attempt, but will face competition from Tottenham Hotspur.

The club’s position is that they respect Barkley’s reasons for wanting more time to consider his future despite the oversight of failing to put him in touch with their head coach.

Eden Hazard has urged Diego Costa to end his stand-off with Chelsea on the day that the striker was left out of their Champions League squad.

Chelsea hope to maximise Costa’s value in the January market by ensuring that he is not cup-tied, though Atletico Madrid, the striker’s preferred destination, are in the same group. Costa was named in Chelsea’s squad for the Premier League on Friday and has been told to return to training from his home in Brazil despite being told by Conte in June that he was no longer in his plans.

“Diego and I have been playing together for three years, we have won everything together except for the Champions League,” said Hazard, who continued his recovery from a broken ankle by playing in both Belgium’s World Cup qualifiers in the past week.

“It’s a pleasure to play with him, he’s a top player and a top person. I would like to see him come back, but I don’t make the decisions. I hope he can find a solution so that we can see him back on the pitch soon.”

Hazard has sometimes flirted with a move to Real Madrid and admitted that he would still like to play in Spain. “At the moment I’m good in England,” the 26-year-old midfielder said. “I play for one of the best teams, but yes, La Liga is special. Why not? Of course, for the moment, I’ll stay here. At this moment Real are the best team in the world.”
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Baky can only improve. When he is fully ready, the EPL is gonna be pretty interesting.

[/video]

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Through 4th week, Chelsea maintains 3rd position.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He is not good enough to start with abeg! By the way why would Drinkwater leave Leicester where he is a pillar to come and keep the bench warm at Chelsea?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:He is not good enough to start with abeg! By the way why would Drinkwater leave Leicester where he is a pillar to come and keep the bench warm at Chelsea?
He is still out injured.

He should let his performance dictate if he starts at Chelsea.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

for the first time since last season , when i saw the players on the bench vs Qarabag, kai my belle sweet me no be small, the team is stacked 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

http://www.chelseafc.com/content/cfc/en ... video=News

:lol: :lol: Conte called Qarabag as Azerbaijan :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

oloye wrote:He is not good enough to start with abeg! By the way why would Drinkwater leave Leicester where he is a pillar to come and keep the bench warm at Chelsea?
...these... 8-) any other kweshons? :tic:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:http://www.chelseafc.com/content/cfc/en ... video=News

:lol: :lol: Conte called Qarabag as Azerbaijan :lol:
..the joke flew past all of us..
Pa
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

On Drinkwater, money and world cup. He will not displace Dier or Henderson for England at Leicester. The annoying thing is that he will chop bench at Chelsea.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bye bye Diegoal!

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... greed.html

Diego Costa transfer agreed
NEWS THU 21 SEP 2017

Chelsea Football Club has today agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa.

The transfer will be subject to the agreement of personal terms and a medical.

tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Very bad precedent.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

balo wrote:Bye bye Diegoal!

NEWS THU 21 SEP 2017

Chelsea Football Club has today agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa.

This makes me sad but I understand why. Morata needs to improve his ball holding ability and physical condition
He falls too much. Would have been nice to have Diegoaround too but that's not to be, oh well. Thanks Diego for your service. Sad it ended this way but u were sure a loyal soldier on the pitch for CFC every single time I played. Good luck in ur future pursuits
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Diego was the man...love am despite his eccentric behavior..would've been an absolute legend had he stayed...goodluck at Atletico
Pa
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ceejay22 wrote:
balo wrote:Bye bye Diegoal!

NEWS THU 21 SEP 2017

This makes me sad but I understand why. Morata needs to improve his ball holding ability and physical condition
He falls too much.
Would have been nice to have Diegoaround too but that's not to be, oh well. Thanks Diego for your service. Sad it ended this way but u were sure a loyal soldier on the pitch for CFC every single time I played. Good luck in ur future pursuits
so did David Silva and Ramires in their first epl seasons...he will be ok
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

For posterity.
I hope Charly scores several more goals for CFC.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ampadu Vs. Notts

[/video]

Musonda Vs Notts

[/video]

Bakay Vs. Notts

[/video]

Kenedy Vs Notts

[/video]

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Hmmm.. Be like Chelsea juju take style strong
1. Mendy out with season ending ACL tear
2. Aguerro got into an accident last night in Amsterdam after attending a concert. Most likely out for saturday's game and maybe longer. Not sure why he was allowed to have a night that far out while in middle of a 3 game week.

Will be interesting to see how CFC lines up. I like the 3-5-2 with Cesc in MF & Hazard partnering Morata. Just wonder if the boyz have anything left in the tank to get a W vs. City. The SB faithfuls will have to fuel the players with energy boost.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:Hmmm.. Be like Chelsea juju take style strong
1. Mendy out with season ending ACL tear
2. Aguerro got into an accident last night in Amsterdam after attending a concert. Most likely out for saturday's game and maybe longer. Not sure why he was allowed to have a night that far out while in middle of a 3 game week.

Will be interesting to see how CFC lines up. I like the 3-5-2 with Cesc in MF & Hazard partnering Morata. Just wonder if the boyz have anything left in the tank to get a W vs. City. The SB faithfuls will have to fuel the players with energy boost.
Yeah..dem get one more day of rest pass us...
Pa
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

I hope Conte can bench Cahill and play Rudiger and Christensen with Azpi and keep the rest of the 3-5-2 as was against Atletico
We should be able to beat City at home. Their record at SB is not great anyway
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Looks like in Luiz's absence, Christensen is the natural replacement in the middle of the back 3. He is more comfortable on the ball - distribution and bringing out of defense compared to Cahill or Rudiger. I stand corrected. Will see what back Conte goes with
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
ROTC
Egg
Egg

Post by ROTC »

Cahill is the least comfortable playing the ball out of the back. I rate Rudiger and Christensen higher
American Police: Under trained, Over armed and a threat to all of society