Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49535
oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Should Chalobah leave on loan?

Is Bakayoko THAT much of an upgrade than Chalobah?

Is Rudiger that much of an upgrade than Zouma?

They are all around the same age.

I think we need 2 strikers. Tammy going on loan and Solanke leaving leaves us without a third choice. Unless Conte wants to continue that Hazard experiment.

I'm happy Musonda is staying. Hope he gets game time.

Wsup w Kennedy???

I don't see anything special in that Chalobah,in fact he looks like the cheaper version of Mikel.

Bros I disagree with that...for one he shoots better on target...waaaaaay better..and Mikel na my boy. I think he'll work really well as a two way CM..he's young and has the engine..problem is OPPORTUNITIES.....Roman has little patience which trickles down to rob youngsters of opportunities as coaches wont take chances..
...I keep saying it..the ONLY WAY we can get our kids to play is if the club does what Manure does: Ensure an academy player gets good minutes in EACH match..win , lose or draw..they've been doing it for a long time
Pa

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth
paj wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Should Chalobah leave on loan?

Is Bakayoko THAT much of an upgrade than Chalobah?

Is Rudiger that much of an upgrade than Zouma?

They are all around the same age.

I think we need 2 strikers. Tammy going on loan and Solanke leaving leaves us without a third choice. Unless Conte wants to continue that Hazard experiment.

I'm happy Musonda is staying. Hope he gets game time.

Wsup w Kennedy???

I don't see anything special in that Chalobah,in fact he looks like the cheaper version of Mikel.

Bros I disagree with that...for one he shoots better on target...waaaaaay better..and Mikel na my boy. I think he'll work really well as a two way CM..he's young and has the engine..problem is OPPORTUNITIES.....Roman has little patience which trickles down to rob youngsters of opportunities as coaches wont take chances..
...I keep saying it..the ONLY WAY we can get our kids to play is if the club does what Manure does: Ensure an academy player gets good minutes in EACH match..win , lose or draw..they've been doing it for a long time
Pa

you are not intelligent, to even have the audacity to compare a player almost 23 , who has had more loans than any prospect. A player with less than 10 EPL starts.. dude get a hold of yourself, challobah is a waste-pipe, failed in Italy, couldn't get game time and he is best a training material. How many games did he play last season in the league.. the human 90 mins whistle.. get the heck out of here with that rubbish
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2010– Chelsea 10 (0)
2012–2013 → Watford (loan) 38 (5)
2013–2014 → Nottingham Forest (loan) 12 (2)
2014 → Middlesbrough (loan) 19 (1)
2014–2015 → Burnley (loan) 4 (0)
2015 → Reading (loan) 15 (1)
2015–2016 → Napoli (loan) 5 (0)

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49535
Bigpokey24 wrote:
paj wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Should Chalobah leave on loan?

Is Bakayoko THAT much of an upgrade than Chalobah?

Is Rudiger that much of an upgrade than Zouma?

They are all around the same age.

I think we need 2 strikers. Tammy going on loan and Solanke leaving leaves us without a third choice. Unless Conte wants to continue that Hazard experiment.

I'm happy Musonda is staying. Hope he gets game time.

Wsup w Kennedy???

I don't see anything special in that Chalobah,in fact he looks like the cheaper version of Mikel.

Bros I disagree with that...for one he shoots better on target...waaaaaay better..and Mikel na my boy. I think he'll work really well as a two way CM..he's young and has the engine..problem is OPPORTUNITIES.....Roman has little patience which trickles down to rob youngsters of opportunities as coaches wont take chances..
...I keep saying it..the ONLY WAY we can get our kids to play is if the club does what Manure does: Ensure an academy player gets good minutes in EACH match..win , lose or draw..they've been doing it for a long time
Pa

you are not intelligent, to even have the audacity to compare a player almost 23 , who has had more loans than any prospect. A player with less than 10 EPL starts.. dude get a hold of yourself, challobah is a waste-pipe, failed in Italy, couldn't get game time and he is best a training material. How many games did he play last season in the league.. the human 90 mins whistle.. get the heck out of here with that rubbish
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2010– Chelsea 10 (0)
2012–2013 → Watford (loan) 38 (5)
2013–2014 → Nottingham Forest (loan) 12 (2)
2014 → Middlesbrough (loan) 19 (1)
2014–2015 → Burnley (loan) 4 (0)
2015 → Reading (loan) 15 (1)
2015–2016 → Napoli (loan) 5 (0)

..care to post Mikel's stats since 2010? :roll: Bobo has 9 goals in club career despite far fewer minutes..dude is 22..shows he has at least an eye for goal pass Mikel..before U begin defend your husband's honor here I didn't say he's a better footballer..but he's different..and yes he can shoot better at goal than mikel..if U no like go swim inside sewer
Pa

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth
2009–10 25 0 3 0 2 0 4 0 1 0 35 0
2010–11 28 0 2 0 0 0 6 0 1 0 37 0
2011–12 22 0 5 0 1 0 9 0 – 37 0
2012–13 22 0 3 0 1 0 9 0 3 0 38 0
2013–14 24 1 2 1 2 0 7 0 1 0 36 2
2014–15 18 0 2 0 4 0 2 1 – 26 1
2015–16 25 0 1 0 2 0 3 1 – 31 1
2016–17 0 0 0 0 0 0 – – 0 0
Total 249 1 31 3 20 0 62 2 8 0 374 6
Career total 255 2 31 3 20 0 62 2 8 0 383 7


:roll: you are a tool

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49535
Bigpokey24 wrote:
2009–10 25 0 3 0 2 0 4 0 1 0 35 0
2010–11 28 0 2 0 0 0 6 0 1 0 37 0
2011–12 22 0 5 0 1 0 9 0 – 37 0
2012–13 22 0 3 0 1 0 9 0 3 0 38 0
2013–14 24 1 2 1 2 0 7 0 1 0 36 2
2014–15 18 0 2 0 4 0 2 1 – 26 1
2015–16 25 0 1 0 2 0 3 1 – 31 1
2016–17 0 0 0 0 0 0 – – 0 0
Total 249 1 31 3 20 0 62 2 8 0 374 6
Career total 255 2 31 3 20 0 62 2 8 0 383 7


:roll: you are a tool

Mumu wetin be this binary crap U dey post here? ..abeg log off and go stare at him picture..mumu...we've all see Mikel take shots that are still trying to land..we all love Mikel..stop getting all emotional about the dude...
Pa

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49535
Bigpokey24 wrote:


..mumu..see goal :roll:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth









do you want me to go on, there are still many Mikel goals, vs Liberia etc.. are you tired?

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49535


_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38945
Location: on the move
Ugbowo wrote:

G4L,

1. I know Bakayako is an upgrade over Chalobah. But do we need to go shell out 40 million for him? is he THAT much of an upgrade? I think the jury is out on him being that he was really a 1 season guy and Fabinho IMHO was the better player of the two when he played in midfield. I'm not too excited about this one.

2. We keep harping on Zouma's ball control but we are playing Cahill in our defense as well. What Zouma lacks in ball control he more than makes up for in speed and physicality. He was rusty last season and just needs game time. I guess with cut throat nature of the business we cant afford for a young player to play through his rustiness? Going to Stoke or WBrom may give him game time but im not sure what it does for actual technical development. Rudiger seems like Conte's FIFTH choice in the transfer market. Another defender im not too sold on as well because of his strangely inadequate disciplinary record in the not so fierce Serie A last year. I don't think he is an upgrade to anything we currently have in the first 11. 32 million for a back up. No be my money sha.

3. I know we are going to get a striker. If you noticed, I said 2 strikers. The top 3 are the ones you mentioned...those are a given. We need another option besides Batman as back up.

5. I am not in training with CFC, but the Kennedy Mourinho unleashed on us always seemed like he will be a way better fit than Alonso at LWB. He works very hard and was very strong and physical when he played. Had ability to take on players and packed a wicked left foot. I am sick and tired of seeing Alonso being pressed during the big games and almost always falling into a clumsy situation and losing the ball. Sandro would have been the perfect upgrade but not for 70 million. Kennedy deserves a shot.


Chief Ugbowo,

1. Bakayoko might not be worth the price quoted but in today's market, almost no player is worth near the quoted price so it is what it is. The main question is whether the player is an improvement over your current options (Matic and Chalobah) and in my humble opinion, he is an upgrade. The concern for me in that department is depth which is lacking. Otherwise the objective is to improve the squad from last season which means folks coming in on big money must be better or no worse than the current starters (I say no worse because last season, CFC in most situations did not have capable backups to hold the forte when a starter went down).

2. Call me crazy but my bet is Rudiger will start, if not right away surely in the very near future at the expense of Cahill, the obvious weak link out of the current starting back 3. CFC had massive problems building the attack from the back. If you watch Juventus and other top teams compared to CFC, shows how far behind CFC as a team is defensively in terms of playing from the back. Given Conte's philosophy, it is a big problem because it affects the effectiveness of the midfield and attackers if the team can't hold onto possession when facing the high press against some if not many opponents. When you have a guy like Eden Hazard who is prone to cause serious damage on opposing defenses, you need to create as many opportunities as possible for him to do his thing and it all starts from the back. Definitely, I see Cahill next, hitting the bench. Conte has been ruthless in shipping out/ reducing players that don't fit so I expect it.

3. Now, I understand your angle and I agree wholeheartedly. Ideally, it would have been better for a young striker to take that spot but as you mentioned, the likely scenario will be a false nine (Hazard or Pedro as the 3rd striker).

4. Kennedy does deserve a shot but the stakes are too high and demands almost unreasonable. That is the reality of Conte's situation. Jose is pushing hard. Pep is chopping at the bit for redemption. Wenger wants to go out with a massive bang. Klopp, Pooch etc. Everyone's arse is lit up under a ball of fire. Then you add to that the demands of CL and you know how much Roman loves CL glory. Point being that Kennedy has a long way to go to convince Conte that he is capable compared to the other options out there.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5087
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
G4L,

I'm glad you bring up pressing again. IMHO, this is why Matic is out. Teams who pressed well aginst us almost always saw success with Matic and Alonso. Weakest links by far. Thing is, Bakayako wasn't good against the press either. In fact he was terrible in the ManCity games I believe (or was it Juve?) but again with him he has other physical attributes.

I really don't think a midfield of Kante and Bakayoko will help us in the build up phase. it will definitely help in ball winning but ball retention go be helele. Also curious to see if we are going full 3-5-2 or we are going to stay with the 3-4-3 that brough us some success last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38945
Location: on the move
Ugbowo wrote:
Also curious to see if we are going full 3-5-2 or we are going to stay with the 3-4-3 that brough us some success last year.


Now, you are hitting a major area of concern for me as I too would like to see more of the 352 which will be a little less attacking but in theory give the team more control and mitigate individual weaknesses. To pull off a 343 very effectively, Conte needs all players to be technically skilled on the ball and frankly, there are still quite a few culprits in the starting 11. Against teams outside the top 7 or 8, it doesn't show as much but when they play any of the better teams, it becomes painfully obvious. Also, this problem will be even more glaring in CL if not addressed this off season.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38945
Location: on the move
paj wrote:



PaJ, I know you're not comparing Chalobah to Mikel. Everything is not about scoring goals.

Unfortunately, BP initial response didn't bring clarity to the matter by posting in binary form but I think here's what he meant to provide:

1. Chalobah first 4 seasons which includes 4 loan stints , at championship clubs led to a total of 121 appearances. Of that 121, his loan total was 106. Then of that 106, only 13 were at an EPL (Burnley, 4) or Serie A club (Napoli, 9). The remaining 15 apps at the top level was at CFC last season. Chalobah is currently 22 with a total of 28 apps at the top level.

2. Mikel on the other hand, made the following appearances (all at Chelsea) during his first 4 seasons:

2006 Jose...................... 42
2007 Grant.................... 39
2008 Scolari/Guus........... 49
2009 Ancelotti ................ 35
Total............................. 165 all at the top level.

In fairness, Mikel was 23 in 2009 but with 165 apps shows how far behind Chalobah is at 22 with only 28 apps at the top level. Not saying that Chalobah isn't a good player but at this point of his career and having received multiple chances to show his worth, the young man is behind compared to his counterpart from Chelsea at the same age range. What's even more remarkable is that Mikel posted those numbers under 5 different coaches.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40956
Location: Akoko Highlands
Chalobah is on his way out on a permanent deal to Watford. Good luck to him.

Chelsea need to rethink the academy thing.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5087
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
balo wrote:
Chalobah is on his way out on a permanent deal to Watford. Good luck to him.

Chelsea need to rethink the academy thing.


This is one player I had actual hope for.

This is really sad too. and just 5 million?????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40956
Location: Akoko Highlands
Ugbowo wrote:
balo wrote:
Chalobah is on his way out on a permanent deal to Watford. Good luck to him.

Chelsea need to rethink the academy thing.


This is one player I had actual hope for.

This is really sad too. and just 5 million?????



We will go back for him in 3 or 4 years for 70m Pounds.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 4646
Location: MD USA
Nothing is more crazy than this. Why not just stop this
academy of a thing self.

_________________
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth
I am so excited some players are shown the door..chalobah, was just a training material, matic should be next, then hopefully cahill

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 10213
Location: Stamford brigde... Off Fulham RD...
Sorry fellas but I was never sold on Chalobah. G4L don already break am down finish. I wish him the best though. He definitely had CFC in his heart

The club have to figure its pipeline issues..

_________________
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......


64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 10213
Location: Stamford brigde... Off Fulham RD...
tunde72 wrote:
Nothing is more crazy than this. Why not just stop this
academy of a thing self.

$$$$$

Academy still generating some money for the books.

_________________
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......


64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40956
Location: Akoko Highlands
Hopefully the replacements will be better quality.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49535
green4life wrote:
paj wrote:



PaJ, I know you're not comparing Chalobah to Mikel. Everything is not about scoring goals.

Unfortunately, BP initial response didn't bring clarity to the matter by posting in binary form but I think here's what he meant to provide:

1. Chalobah first 4 seasons which includes 4 loan stints , at championship clubs led to a total of 121 appearances. Of that 121, his loan total was 106. Then of that 106, only 13 were at an EPL (Burnley, 4) or Serie A club (Napoli, 9). The remaining 15 apps at the top level was at CFC last season. Chalobah is currently 22 with a total of 28 apps at the top level.

2. Mikel on the other hand, made the following appearances (all at Chelsea) during his first 4 seasons:

2006 Jose...................... 42
2007 Grant.................... 39
2008 Scolari/Guus........... 49
2009 Ancelotti ................ 35
Total............................. 165 all at the top level.

In fairness, Mikel was 23 in 2009 but with 165 apps shows how far behind Chalobah is at 22 with only 28 apps at the top level. Not saying that Chalobah isn't a good player but at this point of his career and having received multiple chances to show his worth, the young man is behind compared to his counterpart from Chelsea at the same age range. What's even more remarkable is that Mikel posted those numbers under 5 different coaches.

I'm not comparing Mikel..I'm saying he's a different type of player. His role is different ...the fact that Mikel can come in as a #10 and convert/excel as DM says it all, but Chalobah is not a cheaper version because he's different..one blatant difference is that he indeed can shoot better at goal..a good attribute...it's just irritating when his boyfriend here wakes up from a deep sleep to defend everything when someone types Mikel for intanet

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], ikeo and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group