BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:Looks like in Luiz's absence, Christensen is the natural replacement in the middle of the back 3. He is more comfortable on the ball - distribution and bringing out of defense compared to Cahill or Rudiger. I stand corrected. Will see what back Conte goes with
Rudiger is one heck of a passer o!
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

I believe Conte will go with Cahill and Rudiger tomorrow due to experience but I prefer Christensen over Cahill, 3 point is very important tomorrow we can't afford to drop point again like against Arsenal two week ago
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Chriskendo43 wrote:I believe Conte will go with Cahill and Rudiger tomorrow due to experience but I prefer Christensen over Cahill, 3 point is very important tomorrow we can't afford to drop point again like against Arsenal two week ago
:agree:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Willian has played 200 games for Chelsea.
2 EPL Championships
1 League Cup

He made the right choice. :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hoping Moses can start playing again, Chelsea aren't in full gear yet
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Anyone wants to give a verdict on Bakayoko?

I still wonder why we let the now injured Chalobah go. Dude was way better than what Bakayoko has served up so far. He has brought a lot of his bad habits from Monaco with him.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ugbowo wrote:Anyone wants to give a verdict on Bakayoko?

I still wonder why we let the now injured Chalobah go. Dude was way better than what Bakayoko has served up so far. He has brought a lot of his bad habits from Monaco with him.

He had a bad game. He will pick it up. So what is your verdict on the coach that allowed him play 77 minutes?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I think Chalobah is better offensively but Bakayoko is better defensively. Chalobah makes quicker decisions as he is used to the speed of the epl..Bakayoko seems to think he has all day to decide weda he wan pass or dribble..and it's costing us. I blame Chelsea for letting so many young talents go...and it's not on the coach really. Sometimes they wait too long to tie these guys down to contracts...dude had a year left and figured out if U getting someone my age I aint sticking around to watch him play my position
Pa
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Disagree bro. While both are about same age (within 1-2yrs), Bakayoko is more advanced in current development IMO. He will come good but needs to work on his concentration first. He is not consistent over 90mins. The tools are there as a true box to box MF. I don't think he has adapted to EPL yet. Also need to figure out how best to use him in a 2 vs. 3 man MF.

As for Chalobah, he just never impressed. I could not figure out exactly where the deficiency was but there was hardly anything I can say he was above average at.

RLC will be a good fit for current 3 man MF formation. Just give him the Cesc role or Drinkwater role with less defensive responsibility than Kante. But I think he should stay out on loan till 2019 then integrate into the team. IMO, He needs 2 years of consistent football like Christensen.
Last edited by analyzer on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:

Disagree bro. While both are about same age (within 1-2yrs), Bakayoko is more advanced in current development IMO. He will come good but needs to work on his concentration first. He is not consistent over 90mins. The tools are there as a true box to box MF. I don't think he has adapted to EPL yet. Also need to figure out how best to use him in a 2 vs. 3 man MF.

As for Chalobah, he just never impressed. I could not figure out exactly were the deficiency was but there was hardly anything I can say he was above average at.

RLC will be a good fit for current 3 man MF formation. Just give him the Cesc role or Drinkwater role with less defensive responsibility than Kante. But I think he should stay out on loan till 2019 then integrate into the team. IMO, He needs 2 years of consistent football like Christensen.
for a change U;re not drunktyping :thumb: :woot:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Baka is not comparable with RLC because they're different types of players with different roles. But Baka is better than Chalobah. Period. I have never seen Chalobah put in a 90 min professional performance on par with CFC first team expectations such as Christensen and 19yr old Mikel did many years ago whereas Bakayoko has had many good performances already this season.

Chalobah isn't a poor player but on this team, he'd be the 5th ranked midfielder out of 5. On the other hand, there's hope for RLC because you can see the upside in his game. The only question mark is whether he can put it together wearing a CFC shirt. The other player to watch out for is Tammy however given Conte's love for experienced products, Tammy may end up playing one more year on loan before a recall.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:Baka is not comparable with RLC because they're different types of players with different roles. But Baka is better than Chalobah. Period. I have never seen Chalobah put in a 90 min professional performance on par with CFC first team expectations such as Christensen and 19yr old Mikel did many years ago whereas Bakayoko has had many good performances already this season.

Chalobah isn't a poor player but on this team, he'd be the 5th ranked midfielder out of 5. On the other hand, there's hope for RLC because you can see the upside in his game. The only question mark is whether he can put it together wearing a CFC shirt. The other player to watch out for is Tammy however given Conte's love for experienced products, Tammy may end up playing one more year on loan before a recall.
May ke? WILL.. :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

paj wrote:
green4life wrote:Baka is not comparable with RLC because they're different types of players with different roles. But Baka is better than Chalobah. Period. I have never seen Chalobah put in a 90 min professional performance on par with CFC first team expectations such as Christensen and 19yr old Mikel did many years ago whereas Bakayoko has had many good performances already this season.

There's currently only 2 strikers on the books. One is Mitchy who hasn't established himself at the moment. So the opportunity is there. The issue is whether Tammy will want to return without an assurance of at least being the #2 striker. For that to happen, Mitchy will have to move out. Regardless, I will be surprised if the club buys another striker next year so there's a fair chance of Tammy returning next season given the possibility that Mitchy might not want a 3rd straight season on the bench and barely playing.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:
paj wrote:

There's currently only 2 strikers on the books. One is Mitchy who hasn't established himself at the moment. So the opportunity is there. The issue is whether Tammy will want to return without an assurance of at least being the #2 striker. For that to happen, Mitchy will have to move out. Regardless, I will be surprised if the club buys another striker next year so there's a fair chance of Tammy returning next season given the possibility that Mitchy might not want a 3rd straight season on the bench and barely playing.
The problem with Chelsea is that our 2nd strikers tend to rot on the bench...a player who needs minutes wont do that. If we didn't have Michy, Llorente would be ours now....likely he'll go for an experienced striker near/@/over 30 that wont whine about coming off the bench...not a kid U'd expect to perform once every 6 matches
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

paj wrote:
green4life wrote:
paj wrote:

The problem with Chelsea is that our 2nd strikers tend to rot on the bench...a player who needs minutes wont do that. If we didn't have Michy, Llorente would be ours now....likely he'll go for an experienced striker near/@/over 30 that wont whine about coming off the bench...not a kid U'd expect to perform once every 6 matches
The problem is lack of faith in the number 2. The number 2's complaint is not rotting on the bench but that he failed to be integrated as part of regular rotation. This means that a capable number 2 should expect to come off the bench around 2 out of 3 times with no less than 20 mins to go. Then the number 2 should also expect to start most of the cup games and some league games. If your team plays 60 games, your number 2 should make at least 30+ meaningful appearances with 15 to 20 goals (in all comps) and he will be ok because there is hope that one day, he may become a number one (Christensen/Luiz is a classic exhibit on the way it could work though the script got flipped in that situation :mrgreen: ). Another example is Willian. He can start in many teams but he doesn't complain too much because he plays most games either as a bench man or as a starter. So he feels part of the set up and feels like the manager has him in mind. That is the concern wrt Mitchy. Is he on Conte's mind? I can say yes or no and that is not a good place to be if you are Mitcy 1.5yrs into your CFC career having arrived on big money.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:
paj wrote:
green4life wrote:
paj wrote:

The problem is lack of faith in the number 2. The number 2's complaint is not rotting on the bench but that he failed to be integrated as part of regular rotation. This means that a capable number 2 should expect to come off the bench around 2 out of 3 times with no less than 20 mins to go. Then the number 2 should also expect to start most of the cup games and some league games. If your team plays 60 games, your number 2 should make at least 30+ meaningful appearances with 15 to 20 goals (in all comps) and he will be ok because there is hope that one day, he may become a number one (Christensen/Luiz is a classic exhibit on the way it could work though the script got flipped in that situation :mrgreen: ). Another example is Willian. He can start in many teams but he doesn't complain too much because he plays most games either as a bench man or as a starter. So he feels part of the set up and feels like the manager has him in mind. That is the concern wrt Mitchy. Is he on Conte's mind? I can say yes or no and that is not a good place to be if you are Mitcy 1.5yrs into your CFC career having arrived on big money.
That's the thing...Michy hasn't exactly taken proven to be competition for Morata when he has had the chance to start matches...which may or may not be the case with Tammy...which is why I think the coach wont risk a young striker...unless of course pre-season stuff changes situation like Moses' did...but I agree with U in the sense that that is the way it OUGHT to be..however Chelsea's loan striker formation doesn't help 2nd strikers..
Pa
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Won't be watching this home game:

Azpi finally gets some rest.

Chelsea
13 Courtois
2 Rüdiger
27 Christensen
24 Cahill
21 Zappacosta
4 Fàbregas
7 Kanté
3 Alonso
22 Willian
9 Morata
11 Pedro
Substitutes
1 Caballero
6 Drinkwater
10 E Hazard
14 Bakayoko
15 Moses
28 Azpilicueta
44 Ampadu
Swansea
1 Fabianski
26 Naughton
5 van der Hoorn
6 Mawson
16 Olsson
4 Ki Sung-yueng
51 Mesa
14 Carroll
35 Renato Sanches
2 Bony
18 J Ayew
Substitutes
8 Fer
12 Dyer
13 Nordfeldt
15 Routledge
17 Clucas
22 Rangel
62 McBurnie
Referee:
Neil Swarbrick

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

It's on NBC Gold..eph em..I aint paying for that
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... wish-says/

Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

2 January 2018 • 10:30pm

Antonio Conte has suggested he will not stand in the way of David Luiz or Michy Batshuayi if either player decides they want to leave Chelsea this month.

But head coach Conte has insisted that Chelsea cannot afford to let anybody go without replacing them, even though he will not be hitting the phones in a bid to get deals across the line during this month’s transfer window.

Central defender Luiz is close to returning from injury, but has dropped behind Andreas Christensen in Conte’s plans since falling out with the Italian earlier in the season.

Striker Batshuayi has started only two Premier League games this term and Conte has preferred to play Eden Hazard as a ‘false nine’ ahead of the Belgian when Alvaro Morata has been out.

Batshuayi is not unhappy at Chelsea, but wants to play enough to be sure of his place in Belgium’s World Cup squad, while Luiz will not be satisfied with returning from injury to the substitutes’ bench.

“I was a player, I will understand if someone is worried about the World Cup,” said Conte. “I understand it’s very important to keep players very happy to stay here to work with us and I think this must be our priority. To keep the players happy to stay with us, to continue to work with us. At the same time, I was a player and I will understand if someone is thinking in this way (that they need to play more).”

But Conte added: “Our squad is not big and for this reason I think it’s impossible to send on loan one player or to sell one player if we don’t take another player.”

Conte proved that he only likes to work with happy players by selling both Diego Costa and Nemanja Matic in the summer, which is in stark contrast to the manager of Chelsea’s opponents on Wednesday night, Arsene Wenger.

Wenger kept Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil even though the pair will not sign new Arsenal contracts, which, in the case of the Chilean, has caused issues in the dressing-room.
David Luiz on the bench
Luiz won't be happy with a place on the bench Credit: Getty images

But Conte would prefer not to risk any disquiet behind the scenes if Luiz, Batshuayi, or any other Chelsea player, decides they want to leave Stamford Bridge this month.

Conte said: “I prefer to have players very happy to stay here than to have players that are unhappy because when you are unhappy you transfer this to the other players, to me, to my staff and I don't like this. If we can avoid this, I’d like to avoid this situation.”

Chelsea want to strengthen their attacking and defensive options this month, with Monaco’s Thomas Lemar, Alex Sandro, of Juventus, and Porto’s Alex Telles on their radar, while they have moved to try to beat Tottenham Hotspur to midfielder Ross Barkley.

But Conte will not involve himself personally in negotiations and has recently changed his phone number.

Asked whether or not he will be busy on the telephone this month, Conte replied: “No, I changed the number. Not me, not me. No, no. I think there is maybe this habit here, but I’m not involved in the transfer market. I give my opinion, but the club decides the players they want to buy, to invest in.”

Conte wanted to sign Arsenal contract rebel Sanchez in the summer, but Manchester City are favourites to land the 29-year-old either this month or at the end of the season.

Reaffirming his admiration of Sanchez and his Chile team-mate, 30-year-old Arturo Vidal, Conte said: “You are talking about two big and strong players, top players for their roles. Vidal is one of the best in the world, but Sanchez is the same as a striker.”

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

WE MUSS SMASH D GOONS TODAY! :evil: