BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by analyzer »

@Benteke,
Not surprised at all. Only few top clubs in the market for a top striker. Man U got Lukaku, Arsenal with Lacazette. PSG not looking.. CFC only club actually looking for a striker & clearly PEA is not top 3 options for CFC. With top targets such as Morata, Lukaku, & Belotti - CFC clearly looking for younger players

AC milan is the other possible option

BVB wants to cash in on a 28yr old but his hopes of Madrid did not materialize.

Except BVB drops their asking price, Bobo is staying.. at say mid 40M, CFC could be tempted if it cannot secure its top targets
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Zouma heading out on Loan

So back peddling Cahill, Luiz, Azpi, Rudiger ( are the 3 most senior CBs left, I think one more may have to be kept so ???who Christenson, Omeruo, Maiza( Loans) are the other CBs left

Right now Moses and Alonso are the only wing backs left

the squad is too thin
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Morata may have decided to stay at RM. Chelsea on to the next target.

How soon before we hear Belotti has decided not to move?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:@Benteke,
Not surprised at all. Only few top clubs in the market for a top striker. Man U got Lukaku, Arsenal with Lacazette. PSG not looking.. CFC only club actually looking for a striker & clearly PEA is not top 3 options for CFC. With top targets such as Morata, Lukaku, & Belotti - CFC clearly looking for younger players

AC milan is the other possible option

BVB wants to cash in on a 28yr old but his hopes of Madrid did not materialize.

Except BVB drops their asking price, Bobo is staying.. at say mid 40M, CFC could be tempted if it cannot secure its top targets
:thumb:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Alex Sandro link made sense because of lack of options at LWB.

RWB is covered with VicMo and Azpi...so paying over 30 million for Danilo na wa.

Not sure we needed to splash the cash for Rudiger either unless Conte does not see a future for Zouma.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Ugbowo wrote:Alex Sandro link made sense because of lack of options at LWB.

RWB is covered with VicMo and Azpi...so paying over 30 million for Danilo na wa.

Not sure we needed to splash the cash for Rudiger either unless Conte does not see a future for Zouma.
Nah man. CfC needed another CB especially with JT & Ake out..
Even with Zouma leaving on loan, team probably need another CB. Hope Conte keeps christensen.

And Zouma is not a Conte style defender. He lacka ball playing skills. Not balanced/composed on the ball & poor passer. Doubt Rudiger is Conte's 1st choice but not a bad depth choice option.

Azpi not the most suitable back up for Moses. Need a wing back that contributes immensely offensively. I think Azpi is offensively limited. Can't dribble like Moses. The Danilo interest is understandable but I think Madrid just trying to off load the bobo. CFC should either do a James/bayern type of loan deal or force Madrid to drop price to low - mid 20s.

Will rather CFC get Sandro as an upgrade to Alonso. The defense will then be set.
Azpi/Rudiger/Luiz/Cahill/Christensen/Alonso for 3 CB spots
Moses/Azpi rotate RWB
Alonso/Sandro for LWB

Need to sort our midfield & striker
Last edited by analyzer on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The way I see it, with Zouma, Rudiger and Christensen, the future is good. Zouma goes out this new season to get his game fitness back.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

One for the future too if truly this tweet is to be believed.
For the future because of his injury.

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Rudiga, bakayoko, augmeyang and Morata.....Chelsea is set for a repeat next season and deep run in the champions league...
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:

Even with Zouma leaving on loan, team probably need another CB. Hope Conte keeps christensen.

And Zouma is not a Conte style defender. He lacka ball playing skills. Not balanced/composed on the ball & poor passer. Doubt Rudiger is Conte's 1st choice but not a bad depth choice option.

Azpi not the most suitable back up for Moses. Need a wing back that contributes immensely offensively. I think Azpi is offensively limited. Can't dribble like Moses. The Danilo interest is understandable but I think Madrid just trying to off load the bobo. CFC should either do a James/bayern type of loan deal or force Madrid to drop price to low - mid 20s.

Will rather CFC get Sandro as an upgrade to Alonso. The defense will then be set.
Moses/Azpi rotate RWB
Alonso/Sandro for LWB

:blink: :blink:
...U know he used to be an attacking mid right?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Moses/Azpi rotate RWB
Alonso/Sandro for LWB

And so what? Does that mean he is good as an attacking player?
Moses offers more going forward than Azpi. Azpi can cross but he cannot terrorize opposition defenders the way Moses can

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Moses/Azpi rotate RWB
Alonso/Sandro for LWB

Moses offers more going forward than Azpi. Azpi can cross but he cannot terrorize opposition defenders the way Moses can
with his dribbling how many assists did VM have?It's' about end product bro ..infact they have very similar goal/assist stats and we know which one is the defensive one

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/25931 ... zpilicueta
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/33064 ... ctor-Moses

Pa
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Moses/Azpi rotate RWB
Alonso/Sandro for LWB

Not even arguable. PaJ need to lay off the cheap weed. :mrgreen: ... In any event, quality depth is the key for next season so the more the merrier for me. Last seasons paper thin squad won't hold up this season especially considering that they were very lucky with injuries.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wonderful news, the overrated Matic continues to train alone

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... nter-milan
he big news yesterday before the Bakayoko signing was basically confirmed last night was that Nemanja Matić has continued to train on his own at Cobham, which, as the Telegraph’s report puts it, means that “Chelsea’s players are convinced Matic is on the brink of leaving”. While the rest of the team (minus any new Loan Army members like Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Kurt Zouma) has been taking to Conte’s double sessions to start gearing up for the new season, Matić has been training by himself off to the side.
time to Enjoy Chelsea again ( Solid brothers running the midfield, alas Mikel, Essien, Maka, Geremi, Lass) Now we have Ngolo, Baka .. no more one legged donkeys alas Matic..no be only united sabi sign Africans
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bakayoko to Chelsea from Monaco almost done. £40m fee agreed. Medical soon. Likely to mean Matic is leaving
SuperEagles

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:
analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Moses/Azpi rotate RWB
Alonso/Sandro for LWB

Not even arguable. PaJ need to lay off the cheap weed. :mrgreen: ... In any event, quality depth is the key for next season so the more the merrier for me. Last seasons paper thin squad won't hold up this season especially considering that they were very lucky with injuries.
Again...I have stats to back up my weed intake...U don't have to be a dribbler to be impactful in today's football.. 8-)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:wonderful news, the overrated Matic continues to train alone

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... nter-milan
he big news yesterday before the Bakayoko signing was basically confirmed last night was that Nemanja Matić has continued to train on his own at Cobham, which, as the Telegraph’s report puts it, means that “Chelsea’s players are convinced Matic is on the brink of leaving”. While the rest of the team (minus any new Loan Army members like Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Kurt Zouma) has been taking to Conte’s double sessions to start gearing up for the new season, Matić has been training by himself off to the side.
time to Enjoy Chelsea again ( Solid brothers running the midfield, alas Mikel, Essien, Maka, Geremi, Lass) Now we have Ngolo, Baka .. no more one legged donkeys alas Matic..no be only united sabi sign Africans
You sound gleeful...this wont bring Mikel back tho :taunt:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Should Chalobah leave on loan?

Is Bakayoko THAT much of an upgrade than Chalobah?

Is Rudiger that much of an upgrade than Zouma?

They are all around the same age.

I think we need 2 strikers. Tammy going on loan and Solanke leaving leaves us without a third choice. Unless Conte wants to continue that Hazard experiment.

I'm happy Musonda is staying. Hope he gets game time.

Wsup w Kennedy???
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ugbowo wrote:Should Chalobah leave on loan?

I think we need 2 strikers. Tammy going on loan and Solanke leaving leaves us without a third choice. Unless Conte wants to continue that Hazard experiment.

Wsup w Kennedy???
I don't see anything special in that Chalobah,in fact he looks like the cheaper version of Mikel.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Wsup w Kennedy???
My Chief, lets address it one at a time:

1. Bakayoko is definitely an upgrade on Chabolah. No doubt.

2. The greater concern with respect to Zouma is that his ball control and passing abilities as a defender are not good enough for what Conte needs from his CB. Rudiger is better in that regard and is also a good defender so on paper Rudiger seems like a better fit than Zouma.

3. CFC will buy a striker to replace Diego. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it will be Morata, Belloti or Aubemayang. There are compelling arguments to make for each. On paper, Aubemayang seems like the least likely of possibilities in that he doesn't have that frame that Conte tends to favor but from a perspective of price and the future of a gem like Tammy Abraham, he gives CFC 2 to 3 yrs to plug the gap which Tammy can fill assuming his current career trajectory continues.

4. I'm also happy for Masonda as I feel he's a potential diamond in the rough from the few appearances I watched when he featured on loan in La Liga for Real Betis. He's quite exciting to watch which endeared him to the fans at Betis.

5. Kennedey, I feel has potential as a left wing back but with CL on the card this season, Conte understandably is looking to fill squad needs with as much proven talent as possible and I don't blame him given that Roman is not the most patient boss in Europe.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:

Wsup w Kennedy???

2. The greater concern with respect to Zouma is that his ball control and passing abilities as a defender are not good enough for what Conte needs from his CB. Rudiger is better in that regard and is also a good defender so on paper Rudiger seems like a better fit than Zouma.

3. CFC will buy a striker to replace Diego. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it will be Morata, Belloti or Aubemayang. There are compelling arguments to make for each. On paper, Aubemayang seems like the least likely of possibilities in that he doesn't have that frame that Conte tends to favor but from a perspective of price and the future of a gem like Tammy Abraham, he gives CFC 2 to 3 yrs to plug the gap which Tammy can fill assuming his current career trajectory continues.

4. I'm also happy for Masonda as I feel he's a potential diamond in the rough from the few appearances I watched when he featured on loan in La Liga for Real Betis. He's quite exciting to watch which endeared him to the fans at Betis.

5. Kennedey, I feel has potential as a left wing back but with CL on the card this season, Conte understandably is looking to fill squad needs with as much proven talent as possible and I don't blame him given that Roman is not the most patient boss in Europe.
Kpom!!

Feel sad for Zouma but his deficiencies were clear right from day 1. If he can work on his ball playing skills while on loan, that will be great. Unfortunately, I just do not see him significantly improving those skill sets..

Kenedy does seem like a forgotten man. Agree, will be suited in LWB if plays similarly to Moses. Not a fantastic individual defender but working in cohesion with the rest of the back line, can keep the D tight. Injuries have not been kind to the kid. Still hold out hopes for him. Exciting player.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:

Wsup w Kennedy???
I don't see anything special in that Chalobah,in fact he looks like the cheaper version of Mikel.
the cheaper version of Mikel is 500 billion times better, please , do not mention Mikel's name near that junk
SuperEagles

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

green4life wrote:

Wsup w Kennedy???

G4L,

1. I know Bakayako is an upgrade over Chalobah. But do we need to go shell out 40 million for him? is he THAT much of an upgrade? I think the jury is out on him being that he was really a 1 season guy and Fabinho IMHO was the better player of the two when he played in midfield. I'm not too excited about this one.

2. We keep harping on Zouma's ball control but we are playing Cahill in our defense as well. What Zouma lacks in ball control he more than makes up for in speed and physicality. He was rusty last season and just needs game time. I guess with cut throat nature of the business we cant afford for a young player to play through his rustiness? Going to Stoke or WBrom may give him game time but im not sure what it does for actual technical development. Rudiger seems like Conte's FIFTH choice in the transfer market. Another defender im not too sold on as well because of his strangely inadequate disciplinary record in the not so fierce Serie A last year. I don't think he is an upgrade to anything we currently have in the first 11. 32 million for a back up. No be my money sha.

3. I know we are going to get a striker. If you noticed, I said 2 strikers. The top 3 are the ones you mentioned...those are a given. We need another option besides Batman as back up.

5. I am not in training with CFC, but the Kennedy Mourinho unleashed on us always seemed like he will be a way better fit than Alonso at LWB. He works very hard and was very strong and physical when he played. Had ability to take on players and packed a wicked left foot. I am sick and tired of seeing Alonso being pressed during the big games and almost always falling into a clumsy situation and losing the ball. Sandro would have been the perfect upgrade but not for 70 million. Kennedy deserves a shot.