BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo, 99 % of the news from that twitter handle nah fabu...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

green4life wrote:CeeJay my brother, I'm not pleased but you can't have your cake and eat it too. ManU got Lukaku, CFC got Morata. He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games. Bakayoko was on the way in a Matic wanted out. So blame Emenalo and Conte? Ok. Chalobah couldn't stomach competition and ran away. Blame Conte or blame Emenalo? VVD not available so sign Rudiger. He has fit in seamlessly. Which by the way those 3 signings have been put to good use so far. Then Christensen was brought back and he has been solid. The there's the promising Masonda as a wild card. So the club has the 11 starters last Sunday plus hazard, Bakayoko, Christensen, batshuayi, Cahill, Masonda, and cabellaro (gk). So we're talking about two squad signings at best being realistic. The question is who wants to sit on Chelsea's bench knowing that opportunities are limited. Very few.

No one or club is perfect. The manager's job is to work with what he's given. The manager is not getting paid peanuts. His job is to do the best with what he has as a professional. And the board knows what they are doing and have been doing the job successfully for many years now so I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Nwanne
They can share the blame a bit. We were linked with Sandro for a while. Juve also wanted Matic, why couldn't we use that as a bargaining chip to get Sandro early instead of selling to ManU. For Chalobah, did we do enough to convince him to stay and wait his turn. Why was it necessary to sell him that early and that cheap when no replacements have been signed? Does that even make sense.? Let me not even talk about RLC cos that's the kid I think would have grown at CFC considering he did well last season the few times he was called upon. When the board keeps repeating the same trend which has made us lose good managers in the past like Ancelloti, then questions need to be asked.
I am proud to be a CFC fan. I have full trust and confidence in the board and Conte. I just think we can improve in the way we do our transfer business. Now I'm excited we are getting Zappacosta from Torino and I hope he turns out to be another gen like Alonso. Hope we can get a CM and Mahrez and we will be in great shape. CFC for life!!!!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@G4L,

I hear you bro. I do not expect CFC to win a major trophy this season but I expect to compete. Just feels like the board has not done near enough. Acted naive on certain targets.. Just pussyfooting.. And Conte will share some blame too.

Na siddon look. Starting 11 when everyone is fit is strong but need quality depth.

As for the Zappos bobo - welcome but I think needs more of a cover for LWB than RB. Azpi can slot into RB.. Hope Zappos can play on the left
Last edited by analyzer on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ceejay22 wrote:
green4life wrote:CeeJay my brother, I'm not pleased but you can't have your cake and eat it too. ManU got Lukaku, CFC got Morata. He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games. Bakayoko was on the way in a Matic wanted out. So blame Emenalo and Conte? Ok. Chalobah couldn't stomach competition and ran away. Blame Conte or blame Emenalo? VVD not available so sign Rudiger. He has fit in seamlessly. Which by the way those 3 signings have been put to good use so far. Then Christensen was brought back and he has been solid. The there's the promising Masonda as a wild card. So the club has the 11 starters last Sunday plus hazard, Bakayoko, Christensen, batshuayi, Cahill, Masonda, and cabellaro (gk). So we're talking about two squad signings at best being realistic. The question is who wants to sit on Chelsea's bench knowing that opportunities are limited. Very few.

No one or club is perfect. The manager's job is to work with what he's given. The manager is not getting paid peanuts. His job is to do the best with what he has as a professional. And the board knows what they are doing and have been doing the job successfully for many years now so I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Nwanne
They can share the blame a bit. We were linked with Sandro for a while. Juve also wanted Matic, why couldn't we use that as a bargaining chip to get Sandro early instead of selling to ManU. For Chalobah, did we do enough to convince him to stay and wait his turn. Why was it necessary to sell him that early and that cheap when no replacements have been signed? Does that even make sense.? Let me not even talk about RLC cos that's the kid I think would have grown at CFC considering he did well last season the few times he was called upon. When the board keeps repeating the same trend which has made us lose good managers in the past like Ancelloti, then questions need to be asked.
I am proud to be a CFC fan. I have full trust and confidence in the board and Conte. I just think we can improve in the way we do our transfer business. Now I'm excited we are getting Zappacosta from Torino and I hope he turns out to be another gen like Alonso. Hope we can get a CM and Mahrez and we will be in great shape. CFC for life!!!!
Because Matic went on strike and refused to go anywhere else but Man utd. jeezzzzz!!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

analyzer wrote:@G4L,

I hear you bro. I do not expect CFC to win a major trophy this season but I expect to compete. Just feels like the board has not done near enough. Acted naive on certain targets.. Just pussyfooting.. And Conte will share some blame too.

Na siddon look. Starting 11 when everyone is fit is strong but need quality depth.
Bros I actually think we can retain the EPL this season despite our disappointing summer and bad start.if our starting 11 is fit and our talisman Hazard returns strong, we will do great. Jose and his team have started strongly but they will lose some games and draw some. Contrary to the pundits , I don't think they will win the EPL this season.
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

danfo driver wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:

Nwanne
Because Matic went on strike and refused to go anywhere else but Man utd. jeezzzzz!!!
Which kain strike? Who has the upper hand now, the employer or the employed? I call BS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ceejay22 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:

Nwanne
Which kain strike? Who has the upper hand now, the employer or the employed? I call BS
Keep calling your BS. The fact is the fact. There is a reason Matic wasnt on the pre-season train and was asked to train separately. In fact, Mourinho/Matic pretty much said it when Mourinho said the thanks Matic for what he did to come to Utd. its well known.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:balo, 99 % of the news from that twitter handle nah fabu...

That sucks. Dashing people's hopes all willy nilly.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

There's talk about Marhez for 45mill. Assuming there's any truth to this, it means the drinkwater move is off given I don't see Leicester letting both players to leave this late in the window.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:There's talk about Marhez for 45mill. Assuming there's any truth to this, it means the drinkwater move is off given I don't see Leicester letting both players to leave this late in the window.
Its good for Musa...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:There's talk about Marhez for 45mill. Assuming there's any truth to this, it means the drinkwater move is off given I don't see Leicester letting both players to leave this late in the window.

Another rumor is that Chelsea made an improved (accepted) offer to Drinkwater. Contingent on Leicester getting a replacement, it may happen.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:

Another rumor is that Chelsea made an improved (accepted) offer to Drinkwater. Contingent on Leicester getting a replacement, it may happen.
30 mill offer was the improved bid which is still 10 mill short of the demanded 40 mill. My gut tells me Conte is losing sleep about this possibility. Compare with the Ox bid that went in straight at 40 or so million.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
tunde72 wrote:Its either they want Conte to frustrate Conte, get him fired or they are incompetent. But in all i can say they are bunch of foolish and stupid people. They have made the club unattractive to players with the say they deal with the young players and even the new players they bought i.e Bat man.
Are you this naive? All the board provides is money. The manager is the one tasked with convincing players to play for him. has conte convinced anyone? Even morata was begging United and painted his hair red :rotf: :rotf:
Foolish and daft groupie worshipper of a brainless .......................

Football coward. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

30 mill offer was the improved bid which is still 10 mill short of the demanded 40 mill. My gut tells me Conte is losing sleep about this possibility. Compare with the Ox bid that went in straight at 40 or so million.
Damn! This English quote really screw una
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

Damn! This English quote really screw una
40 mill for drinkwater? smh. Even Ox, squad player with one year left on his deal went for 35 mill pounds. It's what it is. Meanwhile the team is super duper short on English/ home grown players which is part of the reason why the squad is thin.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

Bro, you see why I be dey use one kind eye dey look board.

If CFC do not get DW, the board is to blame. Doubt he was 1st choice, but no be today den start to dey chase DW. The club knew the HG implications + lack of CM options but were busy putting in low ball bids. Should have completed this deal at least a week ago. Bite the 40M bullet and move on.

Not like there were other CMs CFC was chasing.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

Bro, you see why I be dey use one kind eye dey look board.

If CFC do not get DW, the board is to blame. Doubt he was 1st choice, but no be today den start to dey chase DW. The club knew the HG implications + lack of CM options but were busy putting in low ball bids. Should have completed this deal at least a week ago. Bite the 40M bullet and move on.

Not like there were other CMs CFC was chasing.
My brother, the thing is we don't really know what's going on or what went on behind the scenes. My gut tells me that when the club drags their feet then all pieces (basically board & coach) are not on the same page. Disagreements are always part of the game mind you. Regardless, Chelsea needs home grown and preferably English because having only Cahill left is not a good look and Conte has to work with it.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Why is everyone rejecting Chelsea? Barkley just said no
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

toyin133 wrote:Why is everyone rejecting Chelsea? Barkley just said no
They need Kante to stay 200% healthy all year. With UCL football, that's a huge ask.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

toyin133 wrote:Why is everyone rejecting Chelsea? Barkley just said no
Conte has a horrible player man management. . However he is a very good coach..all those players rejecting Chelsea will never bench any of the starting 11
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The guy grew cold feet. Not sure of himself.

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Did we sign the Italian RB? No news yet
What of Mahrez?