GOING FORWARD WHICH PLAYERS GET DROPPED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
GOING FORWARD WHICH PLAYERS GET DROPPED

Post by vancity eagle »

As far as I am concerned I think that if a player is not going to be around or relevant in 2022, we need to drop them NOW.

We need to be clear that we are building for our 2022 team and we need to start getting this together now. We need to identify players that will not be relevant at that time and find replacements whether or not we have them.

For me a big question is Mikel. His game is not built on pace but technique and football IQ. Honestly this may be unpopular but I think Mikel may still have a role to play in 2022. I see no reason why Mikel cannot at least be a bench player in 2022, who can be brought on the pitch to calm things down in midfield. He will be 35 but I do not see us producing midfielders of his talent. He is a real 35 and plenty of teams have had outfield players that old. The key is that his quality remains, regardless of what people think.

The emphasis going forward must be on SMART, INTELLIGENT, AND TECHNICAL PLAYERS. PERIOD.

Mikel must be asked if he has ambitions for 2022. If he doesn't, he should be thanked for his services and not called up again. If he does, IMO he must continue, but we must still prepare for life without him, and he must not be our main attacking threat from midfield, but should play a deeper role, where we bleed in players like Iwobi and Kelechi to take over the playmaking.

Having said that certain players need to be thanked for their careers and not called up any further. Thankfully we have a young side but these players are finished.

Odion Ighalo - You had your chance to bury Argentina. You missed it. You are now 29 and will be 33 in 2022 and you are playing in China. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODBYE.

Akepeyi an Ezenwa - Both rubbish keepers who will be older, and we have a lot of young goalkeeping talent, plus hopefully Ikeme will be back. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODBYE.

John Ogu - I like this guy, decent game, but he will be 34 in 2022 and he is nowhere near good enough to be included at such an age. He will just be a waste of a callup when we can bring in guys like Chide Nwakali, Azuibikwe, Usmain Mohammed. THANKYOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODBYE.

Elderson Echijelle - Should never have gone to Russia. He got a free vacation, and should consider himself lucky as such. THANKYOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODEBYE.

That is it to be honest, we do have the youngest squad in Russia.

Balogun will be 33, his game is not built on pace, he is a good defender, though injury prone. I would be giving chances to possible replacements and backups but until somebody can displace Balogun, his place remains till 2022

Moses will be 31, again not that bad, and until he can be replaced his place remains. Yes he has been super frustrating, but until better wingers emerge he deserves to be there, although I would like to give other players a look in friendlies.

Onazi despite his poor form will still only be 29. If he can get back his fitness, avoid injuries and add some calmness to his game he can still be a factor. Same for Joel Obi, who will be 31.

The foundation from this worldcup is there

Iheanacho
Iwobi
Ndidi
Etebo
Mikel
Ebuehi
Balogun
Omeruo
Troost
Uzoho
Idowu
Moses
Musa
Awaziem

THEN ADD PLAYERS LIKE

Success
Moses Simon
Onyekuru
Nwakali brothers
Samuel Kalu
Bazee
Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Azuibikwe
Usmain Mohammad
Olayinka
Aina
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GOING FORWARD WHICH PLAYERS GET DROPPED

Post by zee »

1st things 1st............DROP the coward of a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The coach must continue anyone that thinks otherwise is an AGENT
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Players playing in China
Players in Division 2 and below
Players with zero league experience
Players who want to use Naija ... the oyibo mercenaries
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Can you imagine the nerve and arrogance of Nigerians. Your previous 2 local coaches couldn’t qualify you for ANC in an easy group and this one did it against the best teams in Africa while selecting players on MERIT and causes no internal beef. Yet, you want him terminated for losing to the likes of Messi, modric, kramaric, Aguero, rakitic the best players in the world. It’s not even like our games were embarrassing we actually could had beaten Argentina. Anyway, like I said if dem no like us make dem go hire another local coach
Last edited by john12 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Rawlings wrote:Players playing in China
Players in Division 2 and below
Players with zero league experience
Players who want to use Naija ... the oyibo mercenaries
ewu..at least our Oyibo mercenaries dey play qualifiers..unlike yours wey dey block una calls until U qualify :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Drop
Akpeyi
Omeruo
Ighalo
Echiejile
Shehu

Depth chart

GK- Uzoho/Ezenwa/Alampasu

RB- Ebeuhi/Abdullahi/Yahaya
LB- Idowu/Amuzie/Madu/Aina
CD- Balogun/Ekong/Awaziem/Udokai/Eze

CM/DM- Mikel/Ndidi/Etebo/Nwakili/Ejaria/U Mohammed/Mikel Agu
AM- Iwobi/Ebe/V Moses/Onyekuru/S Moses/Imoh/Chukweuze/Okonkwo
FW- Iheanacho/Musa/Awoniyi/Sadiq Umar/Osimhen/Success/Nwankwo/Lokosa/Kayode
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The simple fact is that if you want to achieve something meaningful at WORLD CUP you need QUALITY players at QUALITY clubs to achieve QUALITY results. Anything contrary and you’re just wasting your time. It’s a testament to rohr coaching prowess that he even got a group of BACKWATER league players to this stage
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:As far as I am concerned I think that if a player is not going to be around or relevant in 2022, we need to drop them NOW.

We need to be clear that we are building for our 2022 team and we need to start getting this together now. We need to identify players that will not be relevant at that time and find replacements whether or not we have them.

For me a big question is Mikel. His game is not built on pace but technique and football IQ. Honestly this may be unpopular but I think Mikel may still have a role to play in 2022. I see no reason why Mikel cannot at least be a bench player in 2022, who can be brought on the pitch to calm things down in midfield. He will be 35 but I do not see us producing midfielders of his talent. He is a real 35 and plenty of teams have had outfield players that old. The key is that his quality remains, regardless of what people think.

The emphasis going forward must be on SMART, INTELLIGENT, AND TECHNICAL PLAYERS. PERIOD.

Mikel must be asked if he has ambitions for 2022. If he doesn't, he should be thanked for his services and not called up again. If he does, IMO he must continue, but we must still prepare for life without him, and he must not be our main attacking threat from midfield, but should play a deeper role, where we bleed in players like Iwobi and Kelechi to take over the playmaking.

Having said that certain players need to be thanked for their careers and not called up any further. Thankfully we have a young side but these players are finished.

Odion Ighalo - You had your chance to bury Argentina. You missed it. You are now 29 and will be 33 in 2022 and you are playing in China. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODBYE.

Akepeyi an Ezenwa - Both rubbish keepers who will be older, and we have a lot of young goalkeeping talent, plus hopefully Ikeme will be back. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODBYE.

John Ogu - I like this guy, decent game, but he will be 34 in 2022 and he is nowhere near good enough to be included at such an age. He will just be a waste of a callup when we can bring in guys like Chide Nwakali, Azuibikwe, Usmain Mohammed. THANKYOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODBYE.

Elderson Echijelle - Should never have gone to Russia. He got a free vacation, and should consider himself lucky as such. THANKYOU FOR YOUR SERVICE GOODEBYE.

That is it to be honest, we do have the youngest squad in Russia.

Balogun will be 33, his game is not built on pace, he is a good defender, though injury prone. I would be giving chances to possible replacements and backups but until somebody can displace Balogun, his place remains till 2022

Moses will be 31, again not that bad, and until he can be replaced his place remains. Yes he has been super frustrating, but until better wingers emerge he deserves to be there, although I would like to give other players a look in friendlies.

Onazi despite his poor form will still only be 29. If he can get back his fitness, avoid injuries and add some calmness to his game he can still be a factor. Same for Joel Obi, who will be 31.

The foundation from this worldcup is there

Iheanacho
Iwobi
Ndidi
Etebo
Mikel
Ebuehi
Balogun
Omeruo
Troost
Uzoho
Idowu
Moses
Musa
Awaziem

THEN ADD PLAYERS LIKE

Success
Moses Simon
Onyekuru
Nwakali brothers
Samuel Kalu
Bazee
Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Azuibikwe
Usmain Mohammad
Olayinka
Aina
Sir take this to the bank if we retain this dense of man as the coach none of these added player will come close to the camp of SE . Even if they do be rest assured he will never offer them any opportunity to prove if they belong or not. I don't know most of you have failed woefully to see this dense true character . The man is not coach he is just masquerading as one. The best thing that can happen to SE is let this fool leave immeadiately . He has surely reached his peak. Did you see how dense he looked on the sideline in the Argentina match. The guy was totally lost he was watching like any other spectator waiting for the envitable to occur. Watching the man on the sideline is worse than watching our beloved to lose. Please spare us the agony of watching this imbecile parading as our beloved SE coach.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

VE all those players you mentioned are just another BACKWATER league guys that wouldn’t make any difference at this time. before suggesting for newer players, make sure they’re upgrade on the previous ones and not just list of players. QUALITY over QUANTITY
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

vancity eagle wrote:THEN ADD PLAYERS LIKE

Success
Moses Simon
Onyekuru
Nwakali brothers
Samuel Kalu
Bazee
Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Azuibikwe
Usmain Mohammad
Olayinka
Aina
I agree with everything you say, but I would add:
Okwonkwo (he could be better than Moses)
Samuel Chukweuze
Alampasu
Osimhen
Paul Onuachu (between him, Umar and Simy for the tall, lanky striker position)
Musa Yahaya (I don't think he's done yet and he's been a mainstay of Porto B)
Suleiman Abdullahi
Samuel Adegbenro
Ifeanyi Matthew
Nura Abdullahi (if he finally gets past his health issues)
Chukwubuike Adamu (check him out @ Red Bull)
Ibrahim Usman (a left back, just 18, plays in the US)

A search has to be made for a proper left back as well.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigerians are delusional comedians. You’re listing another set of BACKWATER league players and aspiring to achieve something meaningful at the world cup
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:VE all those players you mentioned are just another BACKWATER league guys that wouldn’t make any difference at this time. before suggesting for newer players, make sure they’re upgrade on the previous ones and not just list of players. QUALITY over QUANTITY
No, they are not. Onyekuru is with Everton (for example).

Besides we need a 23 man squad for tournaments and a 30-35 man squad for selection.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:Nigerians are delusional comedians. You’re listing another set of BACKWATER league players and aspiring to achieve something meaningful at the world cup
Okwonkwo - Serie A
Samuel Chukweuze - La Liga
Alampasu - Portuguese League
Osimhen - Bundesliga
Musa Yahaya - Portuguese league
Nura Abdullahi - Serie A
Success - EPL / La Liga
Onyekuru - EPL
Kelechi Nwakali - EPL / possibly off to Porto
Sadiq Umar - Scottish champions
Aina - EPL
and a host of Belgian league players which is stronger now than the Dutch league.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Onyekuru looks like a solid possible addition but overall looking at most of the players VE listed I really don’t think they can take you to the next level. You cannot have your boys at moi moi teams and expect to perform miracles at the World Cup
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Mauritimon please 2nd team in a decent club dosent count. There have to be CERTAIN criteria to be considered for SE if you want to perform exceptionally at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I want players at Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, ATLECTICO, Chelsea, Arsenal, man utd, Bayern, man city, Porto playing week in and out at CL, La Liga etc to be suggested if you want to see serious progress because as long as we keep having our boys at backwater clubs then there’s no chance
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:I want players at Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, ATLECTICO, Chelsea, Arsenal, man utd, Bayern, man city, Porto playing week in and out at CL, La Liga etc to be suggested if you want to see serious progress because as long as we keep having our boys at backwater clubs then there’s no chance

You don't need players at those clubs. The clubs of our players are good enough, and they aren't too shabby.

What clubs did the Koreans who beat Germany play for ?

We need to play good TOTAL FOOTBALL, as a team. The talent is there, we just need the right coaching, philosophy, and the players have to play for the team.

Ask yourself if Etebo trying to dribble players, or shoot at birds on a fast break is properly PLAYING FOR THE TEAM
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Unfortunately, VE you do. If you keep having low QUALITY players at BACKWATER league never ever ever be arrogant or think you will even perform exceptionally. No matter how you work hard, team work etc it can only take you to certain level. Look at hw Messi and roho finished their chance while ighalo kept on missing. The Korea that’s you’re talking about beat a disjointed German team and are ELIMINATED.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

vancity eagle wrote:Ask yourself if Etebo trying to dribble players, or shoot at birds on a fast break is properly PLAYING FOR THE TEAM
I really loved Etebo's input, but it showed why we were so effective with Iwobi. Iwobi maybe had one or two dribbles, but mostly he looked for the key pass or the pass before the assist. He didn't go charging into three players trying to dribble past them.

Also - these are 17-20 year old players. Not all of them will make it, but some will. Right now however we don't have established quality players to choose from.

As it stands: Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Okwonkwo, Kelechi Nwakali, Success have all the ingredients to be world football stars, they just have to get their head on straight (looking at you Success!!)
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

The less you mention Success the better. Biggest underachiever.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Etebo was SE best midfielder at this tournament no way I will drop him for a defensive liability like iwobi
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:Etebo was SE best midfielder at this tournament no way I will drop him for a defensive liability like iwobi
You honestly did not see how he was wasting multiple goalscoring opportunities? Etebo was great to an extent, but at one point he became a liability losing ball after ball in midfield.