Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm 

Part of an interview panel and the last person that came in bares the name Furo ...... , immediately he left one of the guys on the panel went for baring a name that belongs to one the worst players he has ever watched play for the SE he wouldn't pick him ( he is joking though as the guy made the grade).

That sparked a debate over who is the worst waste pipe to ever put on the green white green jersey.

I remember the 2000 ANC but cant remember much about Furo Iyenemi. Any recollections my elders and was he that bad.

Some of the names that came up Abiodun Baruwa, Ogbeche,Efe Sodje, Prince Ikpe Ekong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:02 pm 

How many times did he watch Furo play?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm 

imehjunior wrote:
Part of an interview panel and the last person that came in bares the name Furo ...... , immediately he left one of the guys on the panel went for baring a name that belongs to one the worst players he has ever watched play for the SE he wouldn't pick him ( he is joking though as the guy made the grade).

That sparked a debate over who is the worst waste pipe to ever put on the green white green jersey.

I remember the 2000 ANC but cant remember much about Furo Iyenemi. Any recollections my elders and was he that bad.

Some of the names that came up Abiodun Baruwa, Ogbeche,Efe Sodje, Prince Ikpe Ekong

Ah ah, remove Ogbeche's name, but the other ones were really huseless, Furo was number one, and what was worse was he starting at the ANC!? Its why I couldn't take Taribo seriously calling his WC 2002 teammates wastepipes when he played alongside one of the biggest wastepipes in SE history at the 2000 ANC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 pm 

Chikelue Iloenyosi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:24 pm 

Why must we always look to the past to find someone to hate or blame with so much to look forward to ? Pls, Furo did his part for Nigeria, leave him alone. His will at least be able to say that he played for Nigeria. What have you done for your village?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 pm 

Spicyee wrote:
Chikelue Iloenyosi

I though he was a good prospect until an injury wrecked him? Or was that someone else (with a shoulder injury or something like that)?

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:31 pm 

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Why must we always look to the past to find someone to hate or blame with so much to look forward to ? Pls, Furo did his part for Nigeria, leave him alone. His will at least be able to say that he played for Nigeria. What have you done for your village?

Its this kind of "why must we always look to the past" that made us elect some of our present leaders.

There is no intent to hate or blame here and when we look to the past to praise some legends you did not say it is the past then.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:31 pm 

We had some poor players...Mobi, Furo, the dude who kicked Shorunmu in the head, Afolabi, Kaita, Ajibade, etc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:39 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
We had some poor players...Mobi, Furo, the dude who kicked Shorunmu in the head, Afolabi, Kaita, Ajibade, etc

Wow! Kaita that stood strong every time he repped us? The same mgiwa mobi that won that win a gold medal? See mentality. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:45 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Choi. I thought Mobi Oparaku was good Chief.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm 

imehjunior wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Choi. I thought Mobi Oparaku was good Chief.

No mind am. He’s blaming the players instead of looking at a system that failed the players in development. These are the peeps who blame Nepa when their generator stops working. :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Pls remove Mobi Oparaku from that list. He was our right back in the victorious Atlanta Olympics 1996 team. Unfortunately by the 1998 WC, he was clubless but Bora Mulitinovic still preferred him to anybody else.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:32 pm 

Goldleaf wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Pls remove Mobi Oparaku from that list. He was our right back in the victorious Atlanta Olympics 1996 team. Unfortunately by the 1998 WC, he was clubless but Bora Mulitinovic still preferred him to anybody else.

Atlanta '96 was an U-23 tournament. Mobi was POOR in the SE. In 1998, Mobi was so poor that Bora had to sacrifice Mutiu from the midfield to play Mobi's position, a decision that subsequently isolated Oliseh and wrecked our defensive midfield.

Kaita was good as na U-21, but was poor in the SE.

Opabunmi was excellent as an U-17, but POOR in the SE....as were Sinama-Pongolle and Anthony Le Tellec for France.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:38 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Atlanta '96 was an U-23 tournament. Mobi was POOR in the SE. In 1998, Mobi was so poor that Bora had to sacrifice Mutiu from the midfield to play Mobi's position, a decision that subsequently isolated Oliseh and wrecked our defensive midfield.

Opabunmi was excellent as an U-17, but POOR in the SE....as were Sinama-Pongolle and Anthony Le Tellec for France.

Chief,

I get you, but seems to me you just don't like Mobi Oparaku. His Atlanta gold feat alone should keep him from any list of poor SE players IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:38 pm 

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Wow! Kaita that stood strong every time he repped us? The same mgiwa mobi that won that win a gold medal? See mentality. :shock:

Kongi, stick to amala, gbegiri and ifa. When it comes to footie, you flunked out of the school of limited knowledge. Shaking is what you do best...keep doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:42 pm 

Goldleaf wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief,

I get you, but seems to me you just don't like Mobi Oparaku. His Atlanta gold feat alone should keep him from any list of poor SE players IMHO.

Oga, Atlanta U-23 exploits should not count in SE...unless I misread the title of the thread. By the way, there are many players I don't like, but I do not count them as useless. Okocha, Garba Lawal, for example. Not exactly my cup of tea, but i appreciate their unique contributions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:16 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Which Ajibade? Hope not Kunde? That its a solid player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 pm 

tunde72 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Which Ajibade? Hope not Kunde? That its a solid player

maybe I didn't catch his good performances. Everytime I saw him, he was pulling a "Cameroon defense" move, i.e, clear both ball and player far away, or miss ball don't miss leg. Is that why you guys called him Kunde? I would argue he was more like Ben Massing, the guy who lost his boot while tackling Cannigia.

Again, maybe he was just poor when I saw him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 pm 

imehjunior wrote:

Remove Baruwa, he was good until over confidence kill am friendly match. Before then he was chosen as part of the first 11 in Africa against Europe best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 pm 

maceo4 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

Ah ah, remove Ogbeche's name, but the other ones were really huseless, Furo was number one, and what was worse was he starting at the ANC!? Its why I couldn't take Taribo seriously calling his WC 2002 teammates wastepipes when he played alongside one of the biggest wastepipes in SE history at the 2000 ANC.

Taribo said that after 2002 WC, forgetting him too was a waste pipe at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:07 pm 

Xxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 pm 

Spicyee wrote:
Chikelue Iloenyosi

Was he not the one that picked the ball inside box 18, he thought ref blew for free kick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
Chikelue Iloenyosi

I though he was a good prospect until an injury wrecked him? Or was that someone else (with a shoulder injury or something like that)?

Jero