Carl Ikeme diagnosed with leukemia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Carl Ikeme diagnosed with leukemia

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote:There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
At one time Barcelona had both a player, Eric Abidal and coach Tito Vilanova battling cancer, unfortunately with Vilanova dying. Boston Celtics had a player Reggie Lewis die suddenly from cardiac arrest while playing. Years later another Celtics player Jeff Green got diagnosed with heart condition just after he signed with the Celtics (despite playing for years with another team) that caused him to miss a whole season receiving treatments.

My point? This can/does happen anywhere. Has nothing to do with any fetish practice. It's archaic thinking like that that holds us back as a nation.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Donzman wrote:
Coach wrote:Not a Twitterite, if anything a subtle social mediaphobe, to those of gravitas and acumen in the voyeuristic, hubristic art, is it possible to tweet a well wishing list which people could sign? Or something similar? It would be a well recieved gesture, were the Ikeme's to see the affection and regards being posted here and would certainly make many more aware of the community here. Maybe a re-tweet...again, not entirely show how it all works, but let's show our patriot that Cyberia is rooting for him. Any takers?
This is a great idea. Perhaps CE members on Twitter can send well wishes with a common hashtag. Maybe #CEwishesCarl or something more creative.
Was just thinking of something in this vein. Could it be possible to sift the comments on this thread by the time it gets tired and send it to Carl through Wolves?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Odas wrote:There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
Good Lawd science is really not that hard. Why do we always have to invoke this kind of crap. This stuff can happen to any of us. Does anything ever happen to a Nigerian without invoking another human being being so evil to his fellow man. Can we just be sad for Carl and pray that he stays strong. I am just baffled at this sort of mindset
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

kalani JR wrote:So sad.
Wow!

Wishing him speedy recovery.

May the good Lord grant his family the strength to overcome this.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Get well soon Carl. I have you in my prayers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote:Not a Twitterite, if anything a subtle social mediaphobe, to those of gravitas and acumen in the voyeuristic, hubristic art, is it possible to tweet a well wishing list which people could sign? Or something similar? It would be a well recieved gesture, were the Ikeme's to see the affection and regards being posted here and would certainly make many more aware of the community here. Maybe a re-tweet...again, not entirely show how it all works, but let's show our patriot that Cyberia is rooting for him. Any takers?
CE has a twitter account but juventus (not active nowadays) will know more about it. Perhaps we could also send flowers and the notes from here.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Donzman, yes a common hashtag would be wonderful. #CEwellwishesforCarl...takers? There must be a way it can be done, retweet? Tweet list, perhaps with a link to this thread as suggested. Twitterites...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:
At one time Barcelona had both a player, Eric Abidal and coach Tito Vilanova battling cancer, unfortunately with Vilanova dying. Boston Celtics had a player Reggie Lewis die suddenly from cardiac arrest while playing. Years later another Celtics player Jeff Green got diagnosed with heart condition just after he signed with the Celtics (despite playing for years with another team) that caused him to miss a whole season receiving treatments.

My point? This can/does happen anywhere. Has nothing to do with any fetish practice. It's archaic thinking like that that holds us back as a nation.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

theYemster wrote:

"Archaic?" Hmm, did the coach Oliseh say such a thing or not? Do we have witchcraft in Nigeria or in Africa or not? If answers to all the above are yes, what is archaic there? Doubt the existence of witchcraft at your own peril.

Now, that is not to say such is responsible for what is happening to Carl, but who knows?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:
Good Lawd science is really not that hard. Why do we always have to invoke this kind of crap. This stuff can happen to any of us. Does anything ever happen to a Nigerian without invoking another human being being so evil to his fellow man. Can we just be sad for Carl and pray that he stays strong. I am just baffled at this sort of mindset
What CRAP? Did you read the article by Coach Oliseh or not? If you did, why didn't you tell him he is talking CRAP when he wrote it and showed the evidence?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

For those trying to call my reference to witchcraft as was formerly mentioned by Coach Oliseh, please see below
… wrote: Oliseh flees Nigeria, accuses staff of witchcraft

ON FEBRUARY 8, 20161:04 AMIN SPORTSCOMMENTS 20 Shares19 *Demands N10m for accommodation By Tony Ubani

As the zero hour approaches for the must win double header AFCON qualifier against the Pharaohs of Egypt on March 23, Sports Vanguard can reveal the real reasons why coach Sunday Oliseh may continue to tinker the Eagles from his base in Belgium. After contracting a virus in one of his official assignments, camp sources informed that the former Juventus player has alleged occultic manipulations by his enemies on his life and has vowed to flee far from the country to where they could not fly to attack him. Oliseh “He is always scared in camp and suspicious of even members of his back room staff”, a close source to the team informed. The source said that the outspoken coach allegedly confronted his staff and warned them that there were many witches and wizards who were trying to undermine the success of the Eagles. “He warned those fond of putting their hands in their pockets before shaking him to desist or keep their handshakes as he feared they touch objects concealed in their pockets before offering to shake him”, the source said. Also, the coach alleged that many of the people surrounding him do not believe in the success of the team as he claimed that they don’t rejoice when the Eagles score goals. Beyond the trivial accusations of witches and wizards, Sports Vanguard also gathered that the coach had written to the federation to pay his outstanding N10 million accommodation fee as agreed in his contract(N5 million for 2015 and another N5 million for 2016) if they want him to reside in Nigeria as he said he would not stay in the hotels when the Super Eagles are not in camp.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/olis ... itchcraft.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=269058&hilit=+Coach+Sunday+Oliseh

There is another article I was trying to retrieve. In the article, a piece of "metal bar" was shown on the floor or ground, but I wasn't successful. Thus, for those who think witchcraft is "archaic", it is up to you people, but according to Jimmy Cliff, "who feels it knows it." Again, it doesn't mean such is the case here with Carl, but we will never know.

All the same, Carl - you can do this! We are 100% behind you and with you - God's blessings.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:
What CRAP? Did you read the article by Coach Oliseh or not? If you did, why didn't you tell him he is talking CRAP when he wrote it and showed the evidence?
Of course it remains crap. If Oliseh wants to believe in this stuff that does not make it true. I don't care what he said or who he said to. Even if I had seen it, I would not have wasted energy responding to such ignorant nonsense. For this I only responded because this thread just does not seem the place for such misguided opinions. We are sad our brother has been dealt a bad hand. We don't want our positive thoughts for his recovery poisoned by your suggestions.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote:
theYemster wrote:

"Archaic?" Hmm, did the coach Oliseh say such a thing or not? Do we have witchcraft in Nigeria or in Africa or not? If answers to all the above are yes, what is archaic there? Doubt the existence of witchcraft at your own peril.

Now, that is not to say such is responsible for what is happening to Carl, but who knows?
Your question is misleading. I didn't say Oliseh never said it. I said it's archaic thinking regardless of who said it

Do we practice witchcraft in Nigeria? Yes. Do I believe that it actually works? No. I don't. The way witchcraft works in Nigeria is by giving people the illusion that it does work.

Unless a victim physically ingests poison into his/her system to cause some form of allergic medical reaction, I don't believe a guy can chant gibberish in Ife to make someone in Mushin start dancing ajasco. Once we start the practice of performing autopsies for unexpected and unexplained deaths then I believe most of these fetish beliefs will begin to reduce.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Get well soon.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The healing power of the Almighty God will be Carl's portion IJN. Amen!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote:@Donzman, yes a common hashtag would be wonderful. #CEwellwishesforCarl...takers? There must be a way it can be done, retweet? Tweet list, perhaps with a link to this thread as suggested. Twitterites...
Coach, since he's a good friend of a member of your family, is it possible to help us organize a bouquet or something else appropriate with our notes to give directly to him? It's important he feels our love and support at this time as we thank him for his service. The Wolves fans will overshadow us but I'm sure he'll really appreciate our gesture. Don't mean to put you on the spot, but thought this might be possible. He's our starting goalie.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Igugu wrote:If anyone can get to Carl Ikeme, tell him to visit Synagogue Church of All Nation. I am not joking. He will be here to tell all of ' you how the Doctors diagnosis will read otherwise after his visit. This is not a joke. I pray for his recovery in Jesus Name, Amen.
this is exactly the battle retarding nigeria from joining developed world; battle against darkness.
I think say na only me see am.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Fela, he's a close friend of a sibling. Personally would rather not be involved in any sort of monetary collection. If desired, it can be arranged, costing shouldn't be an issue, but flowers tend to have a poignant association with misery and sorrow. An assortment of well wishing messages from Cyberians in Aberdeen through to Zanzibar would be far more touching.

...If there isn't a direct way CE can tweet/retweet our regards, maybe tweets can be sent to my brother, who in turn can forward them on...but surely Cyberia can do this directly. And would need assurances that tweets will be purely for this purpose. Don't want any unnecessary traffic to the young man.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In addendum...

So...ikeme's twitter account or rather, twitter handle is carl_Ikeme. He has a public account/handle thus any postings would be visible to all. Private messages can only be sent by those he follows, to and fro.

Couriering private messages may be a possibility but my the opinion is, public messages could be retweeted by other Nigerian's who follow Ikeme but aren't members of CE and would certainly make Cyberia's statement more apparent.

Again, not one for social media, so if this all sounds basic, no vex. Where are the Moderators? Chief Oga Celluminatus, can you reactivate the twitter account?

Ndichie and Cyberian elder statesmen, let us move posthaste in thus regard. Can we reach agreement, settle on a message #CEwellwishesforCarl or any other, reactivate the Twitter account and get it moving.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Coach wrote:@Fela, he's a close friend of a sibling. Personally would rather not be involved in any sort of monetary collection. If desired, it can be arranged, costing shouldn't be an issue, but flowers tend to have a poignant association with misery and sorrow. An assortment of well wishing messages from Cyberians in Aberdeen through to Zanzibar would be far more touching.

...If there isn't a direct way CE can tweet/retweet our regards, maybe tweets can be sent to my brother, who in turn can forward them on...but surely Cyberia can do this directly. And would need assurances that tweets will be purely for this purpose. Don't want any unnecessary traffic to the young man.
Wrt flowers, my aforementioned friend who had AML wasn't allowed to have flowers when she was undergoing treatment. Something to do with possible infection and whatnot. So perhaps one should confirm beforehand if you do decide to send flowers.

Maybe a large greeting card is an option.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Yes, flowers are not permitted in hospitals and with the immunosuppressive effects of chemotherapy, will more than likely be stopped at the door.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I think CE should pay him a visit. Just imagine how much he would appreciate that.

He can beat this thing and go on to live a healthy life but whether he will remain a top athlete is another matter. It is actually the treatment and drugs he takes that will affect his ability to perform as a top athlete. However, we are behind him 100%.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

On a positive note, treatment of Leukaemia has undergone significant advancement even in the last few years alone.

My mother-in-law who was first diagnosed with Leukemia (AML) about 10 years ago successfully underwent aggressive and uncomfortable chemotherapy back then and thankfully went into remission.

It came back last year but this time the treatment options have changed drastically and the single tablet she takes is not even referred to as 'chemotherapy'. Meanwhile, the hair loss and other toxic side-effects are virtually non-existent and its all down to new treatment options coming online from continued cancer research.

So its so far so good and aside from some minor side effects, she's looking quite well and her blood indices are up.
Hopefully, Carl can look forward to a long and happy future with his family. And who knows, maybe even football. But for now, he is quite literally in for the game of his life.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "