Carl Ikeme diagnosed with leukemia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chendosplastic
Egg
Egg
Re: Carl Ikeme diagnosed with leukemia

Post by chendosplastic »

May God grant him His healing grace.
Last edited by chendosplastic on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Very sad. Good thing is, some have survived it and Carl will.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Too sad. I pray he beats it. Leukemia is a real dog shyt!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Speedy recovery Carl...
Our prayers are with you.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Good friend of a family member. Thoughts and well wishes go out to Ikeme and family. Cancer is the greatest of guests uninvited, it's timing merciless and macabre. Ikeme's wife is due to give birth in the near future, may the both of them find strength within themselves to endure and overcome these obstacles.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Get well soon bro ...
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Coach wrote:Good friend of a family member. Thoughts and well wishes go out to Ikeme and family. Cancer is the greatest of guests uninvited, it's timing merciless and macabre. Ikeme's wife is due to give birth in the near future, may the both of them find strength within themselves to endure and overcome these obstacles.
Amen.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:
theYemster wrote:
tfco wrote:get well soon Ikeme

Guys who know about leukemia, please give info
Can he recover and return to football?
Hard to say. I'm not a doctor but I think it depends on how early the stage and the level of aggressiveness. A barely 24 year old friend of mine was diagnosed with it and despite all the best efforts from chemo to bone marrow transplant, unfortunately she succumbed to it less than two years after her initial diagnosis. There might be different types of leukemia cos hers was acute myeloid leukemia. Not sure if it's the same as acute leukemia.

Wrt his football future, I'm not sure it's important at this time.

It's really sad.
Cancer of white blood cells. Can be acute or chronic. Generally two broad categories ( lymphocytic or myelogenous depending on the kind of white blood cell the cancer originates from) . Given that each group can be acute or chronic there a 4 general groups: acute lymphocytic, chronic lymphocytic, chronic myelogenous and acute myelogenous. Most aggressive are acute myeloid leukemias (AML) like your friend had. Even among AML multiple sub- types exist and response and therapy dependent on type. Given Carl's age most likely AML but predictions dependent on finding out what he has. No great news but good and promising therapies out there. We pray for a good outcome.
Hmm, mmmm! Carl - you can do this - collect yourself and go to fight immediately. Our prayers and best wishes are with you
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

May God grant you a speedy recovery.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Shocking news!

Get well soon Carl
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Get well soon Carl.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Wow. Sad to read but like many have said...beatable

Prayers for Carl as he defeats this demon
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Wishing him speedy recovery and the family support from God,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

May God grant you a speedy recovery. Amen.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not a Twitterite, if anything a subtle social mediaphobe, to those of gravitas and acumen in the voyeuristic, hubristic art, is it possible to tweet a well wishing list which people could sign? Or something similar? It would be a well recieved gesture, were the Ikeme's to see the affection and regards being posted here and would certainly make many more aware of the community here. Maybe a re-tweet...again, not entirely show how it all works, but let's show our patriot that Cyberia is rooting for him. Any takers?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Igugu wrote:If anyone can get to Carl Ikeme, tell him to visit Synagogue Church of All Nation. I am not joking. He will be here to tell all of ' you how the Doctors diagnosis will read otherwise after his visit. This is not a joke. I pray for his recovery in Jesus Name, Amen.
this is exactly the battle retarding nigeria from joining developed world; battle against darkness.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

With God all things are possible. I pray he beats this and becomes a living testimony.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Coach wrote:Not a Twitterite, if anything a subtle social mediaphobe, to those of gravitas and acumen in the voyeuristic, hubristic art, is it possible to tweet a well wishing list which people could sign? Or something similar? It would be a well recieved gesture, were the Ikeme's to see the affection and regards being posted here and would certainly make many more aware of the community here. Maybe a re-tweet...again, not entirely show how it all works, but let's show our patriot that Cyberia is rooting for him. Any takers?
This is a great idea. Perhaps CE members on Twitter can send well wishes with a common hashtag. Maybe #CEwishesCarl or something more creative.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
I am going to start praying for you.. you need serious help.. see the junk you just posted... kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
I am going to start praying for you.. you need serious help.. see the junk you just posted... kai
You must not have READ the article where coach Oliseh said so and the evidence was shown in the picture which was posted - I believe - here in the Cybereagles Site
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Wish him a speady recovery.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt