Kelechi Iheanacho Set for £25M Leicester City Move

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Iheanacho Set for £25M Leicester City Move

Post by Synopsis »

Kelechi Iheanacho is on the verge of moving to Leicester City in a deal worth £25 million.

The presence of forwards Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero means game time at Manchester City is going to be limited next season, and boss Pep Guardiola is happy for him to find a new club.

Iheanacho had been keen on the prospect of a move to West Ham United, who had shown interest in signing him.

They began to move ahead with talks, but manager Slaven Bilic is understood to have told the board not to pursue the deal, just as it came down to serious negotiations.

It left the path clear for Leicester to move forward with their own proposal, and my understanding is that a bid has been made and is going to be accepted.

Minor details with Iheanacho and representatives will now be agreed before Leicester make an announcement.

Iheanacho, 20, scored seven times from 29 appearances last season for Man City and is eager to kick on with his top-flight career.

It could mean West Ham are going to turn their attention to Burnley's Andre Gray, who is available at around £15 million.

They have been on the hunt for a proven goalscorer and were surprised to learn earlier this week that Olivier Giroud was close to joining Everton, as he was a top target.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Set for £25M Leicester City Move

Post by danfo driver »

A nobody who does not even make the bench is being sold for 25 million pounds, and someone is questioning 75 million for a guy who has consistently been amongst top 3 scorers for years and who has scored more goals than All chelsea's strikers, individually. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:A nobody who does not even make the bench is being sold for 25 million pounds, and someone is questioning 75 million for a guy who has consistently been amongst top 3 scorers for years and who has scored more goals than All chelsea's strikers, individually. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Matter how you try to spin it lukaku ain't worth 75 million
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:A nobody who does not even make the bench is being sold for 25 million pounds, and someone is questioning 75 million for a guy who has consistently been amongst top 3 scorers for years and who has scored more goals than All chelsea's strikers, individually. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This somebody doesn't happen to be that kid that loves yarning opak while in love with Mikel and also a closet Arsenal fan? :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
This somebody doesn't happen to be that kid that loves yarning opak while in love with Mikel and also a closet Arsenal fan? :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
No one is spinning anything. I dont like Lukaku as a player, and If I was a coach, i wouldnt ask my club to purchase him. But truth be told, he has performed better than most strikers in Europe and CONSISTENTLY! He has performed with Everton and West Brom midfielders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you to open your mouth and say he is not worth 75 million in a market where Salah (an EPL failure) just went for 40 million, Lacazette just went for 55 million, Higuain went for 70 million last year, Devin De Bruyne went for 60 million, then you either have a deviosu bias or you have no clue what you are talking about.

Mbappe who has played only 1 season and didnt score as much as Lukaku is getting 130 million bid for him and rejected. Then you have Kelechi who is a nobody and has been locked in a hole by Guardiola for a year going for 25 million. Do you even understand how the market works? The market is inflated.

Even your club just spent 35 million pounds on a second rate defender and you have bid 60 million pounds on a left back. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote: No one is spinning anything. I dont like Lukaku as a player, and If I was a coach, i wouldnt ask my club to purchase him. But truth be told, he has performed better than most strikers in Europe and CONSISTENTLY! He has performed with Everton and West Brom midfielders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you to open your mouth and say he is not worth 75 million in a market where Salah (an EPL failure) just went for 40 million, Lacazette just went for 55 million, Higuain went for 70 million last year, Devin De Bruyne went for 60 million, then you either have a deviosu bias or you have no clue what you are talking about.

Mbappe who has played only 1 season and didnt score as much as Lukaku is getting 130 million bid for him and rejected. Then you have Kelechi who is a nobody and has been locked in a hole by Guardiola for a year going for 25 million. Do you even understand how the market works? The market is inflated.
He's actually right that Lukaku's not worth that much. However you are right about that price being a fair market value based on the sale of those other players you mentioned.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote: No one is spinning anything. I dont like Lukaku as a player, and If I was a coach, i wouldnt ask my club to purchase him. But truth be told, he has performed better than most strikers in Europe and CONSISTENTLY! He has performed with Everton and West Brom midfielders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's actually right that Lukaku's not worth that much. However you are right about that price being a fair market value based on the sale of those other players you mentioned.
I havent had energy to read the Arsenal thread (let me go and read it now) lol. What is your view on lacazette's price, considering Lukaku is the better player.

I know you and I are saying the same thing, kinda, but truth is if Lukaku is not "worth" that price, whatever that means, then who is worth that price in the league. Considering he is one of the top 2-3 strikers in the league.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:

I havent had energy to read the Arsenal thread (let me go and read it now) lol. What is your view on lacazette's price, considering Lukaku is the better player.

I know you and I are saying the same thing, kinda, but truth is if Lukaku is not "worth" that price, whatever that means, then who is worth that price in the league. Considering he is one of the top 2-3 strikers in the league.
I honesty don't know what to think of Lacazette just yet that's why I haven't opined on it in the Arsenal thread. My preference was Aubamayeng but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Mine is just for Arsenal to win the damn league even if he has to buy Sanogo for £50m to achieve it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, I find it hard to argue that any of these prices are based on overvaluation. If the market is persistently on an incline, you will find that a player of Kelechi's calibre will attract 40 mil in two years, etc. In such a market, it is best to pay the fee and move on noting that this market is one that is consistently on the up. Chances of a loss will be few and only occurs when the player's form goes down but as long as player maintains form or slightly improves, you will collect more going forward. This is the deal until it all collapses (LOL :sneaky: ).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

water always finds its level
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Rawlings wrote:water always finds its level

Nothing but bad vibes from you.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

I believe this will be a good move for Iheanacho. Citeh will regret selling him.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Gudo wrote:
To be fair to him, he accidentally posted in the wrong thread. His intention was to reply to the thread about Asamoah Gyan.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Gudo wrote:

Nothing the Ghanaian midget trolls say here is ever positive.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It's on the bbc..the guy is going to sign..442...with vardy upnfrony..Ndidi behind. .would be lively if musa gets a nod ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

how many times are you going to post that?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
You are too big of a legend to even look at his posts.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kalani JR wrote:
Queen Futcha wrote:

*Aussie accent* Look! after 2 months of research we have finally spotted the rare species of Idiota Africanus It is amazing that we spot not 1 but 3 of them!!! For now we just stop and listen as these species interact in their natural habitat. This is the 1st time our crew have filmed these incredible creatures in real time.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Real recognize Real, you're right fellow legend.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

He will get is playing time ...
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

African players are not just valued.....watch Leceister make a profit out of him...I believe Iheanacho goal to game ratio is better than Morata...but Madrid is asking for 72 million...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
No one is spinning anything. I dont like Lukaku as a player, and If I was a coach, i wouldnt ask my club to purchase him. But truth be told, he has performed better than most strikers in Europe and CONSISTENTLY! He has performed with Everton and West Brom midfielders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even your club just spent 35 million pounds on a second rate defender and you have bid 60 million pounds on a left back. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
All of them are not worth the obscene money being paid for them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho