Best Midfield in the World

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Best Midfield in the World

Post by txj »

LFC fans used to sing of having the best MF in the world with Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Momo Sissoko.

Which team can claim this today?

IMO it has to be Madrid: Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Kovacic, Llorente, and now Ceballos .
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Best Midfield in the World

Post by Lager-back »

No! It was to be Chelsea. Thru my blue tinted glasses.
Kante, mat, fab
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lager-back wrote:No! It was to be Chelsea. Thru my blue tinted glasses.
Kante, mat, fab

Can we have a serious discussion please?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

txj wrote:LFC fans used to sing of having the best MF in the world with Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Momo Sissoko.

IMO it has to be Madrid: Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Kovacic, Llorente, and now Ceballos .
So they got this kid, and for 18M euros as well....wow.

Yes, they have the best midfield. Barca will likely still outplay them though...I wish Ceballos had signed for Barca sha but that was always remote given his dislike for the entire Catalonia separatist movement.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Hard to see past Real Madrid. Bayern has a really good one too....thiago, rudy, tolisso, vidal, kimmich, renato sanches. Also, while BVB's team is young, I really really like the talent there (pulisic, bender, sahin, mor, gotze, guerreiro, dahoud).

I like Napoli's midfield as well but it's thin.

This is a really tricky question txj. Hard to go past Madrid though, based on past performance. It's one thing having the individuals, it's another thing getting them to play as a unit and Real has past precedence working on their behest.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Madrid. With or Without Ceballos. BTW while Liverpool used to sing they had the. best midfield in the world. They didn't!!! :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:
txj wrote:LFC fans used to sing of having the best MF in the world with Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Momo Sissoko.

Yes, they have the best midfield. Barca will likely still outplay them though...I wish Ceballos had signed for Barca sha but that was always remote given his dislike for the entire Catalonia separatist movement.
Wow so you could not wish him sign for beloved and Wenger but Barca?So you wish good thing for Barca but not Beloved ?SMH
18 million for him,beloved would have pay 20 and cash from the way we spree money this days :atc:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

kajifu wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Wow so you could not wish him sign for beloved and Wenger but Barca?So you wish good thing for Barca but not Beloved ?SMH
18 million for him,beloved would have pay 20 and cash from the way we spree money this days :atc:
See here...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271766&p=5045242&hi ... s#p5045242
To God be the glory
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Skylolo wrote:

Or perhaps due to the fact that madrid has a better team, and is absolutely more stable? Why would anyone who has the chance to sign for madrid even consider that instability that is Barca? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Madrid

Zinedine Zidane 04 Jan, 2016 Present
Rafael Benitez 03 Jun, 2015 04 Jan, 2016
Carlo Ancelotti 25 Jun, 2013 01 Jun, 2015
Jose Mourinho 27 May, 2010 03 Jun, 2013
Manuel Pellegrini 01 Jun, 2009 15 May, 2010
Juande Ramos 09 Dec, 2008 31 May, 2009
Bernd Schuster 01 Aug, 2007 09 Dec, 2008
Fabio Capello 06 Jul, 2006 31 May, 2007
Vanderlei Luxembourgo 30 Dec, 2004 05 Dec, 2005
Mariano Garcia Remon 01 Jul, 2004 30 Dec, 2004
Jose Antonio Camacho 01 Jun, 2004 01 Jul, 2004
Carlos Queiroz 25 Jun, 2003 31 May, 2004
Vicente del Bosque 01 Jul, 2000 23 Jun, 2003

Barca:

Ernesto Valverde (2017-) ...
Luis Enrique Martínez (2014-2017) ...
Gerardo 'Tata' Martino (2013-14) ...
Tito Vilanova (2012-2013) ...
Josep Guardiola (2008 - 2012) ...
Frank Rijkaard (2003-2008) ...
Radomir Antic (2003) ...
Carles Rexach (1988, 1991, 1996 & 2001-02)

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chelsea had Mikel, Lampard, Maka, Ballack, Deco Essien, Ramires ....I doubt any can match that
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, granted Madrid may have the best midfield, but what of the best defence and attack, who tops these pops?
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

spastic wrote:Madrid. With or Without Ceballos. BTW while Liverpool used to sing they had the. best midfield in the world. They didn't!!! :taunt:
We'll probably need a separate mess hall for our midfielders.
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008