El Naijaico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: El Naijaico

Post by The Eagle »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:What a poor attempt of trying to be funny.

Boooo boooooo.booooooo
Unku na true Sharks errr Rivers United are shooting for the stars? They seem to be hanging around clubs named stars...

To imagine Sharks and Dolphins combined going down.

This recession is jos too mush. :tic:
Rivers United that lost at home on a waterlogged pitch against Club Africain? A Port Harcourt club losing a rain-ball match against a Sahara-bordering club? Dis one pass recession o.

PS: Perhaps Okocha can begin his managerial career by turning Rivers United around?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

cic old boy wrote:Rangers have been useless this season!

Correction: Rangers are useless every season!
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

I heard the present governor of Oyo state is not interested in sports and so the whole sector is in chaos. Bear in mind that most of our clubs are state sponsored.
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

khalela wrote:I heard the present governor of Oyo state is not interested in sports and so the whole sector is in chaos. Bear in mind that most of our clubs are state sponsored.
constituted authority
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

khalela wrote:I heard the present governor of Oyo state is not interested in sports and so the whole sector is in chaos. Bear in mind that most of our clubs are state sponsored.
People say this a lot in different states, relative to different clubs, at different points in time .... to explain their bad results. But I know from experience that there is a way you run an organization when the budgets are lower-than-normal, but you still have to achieve your goals (pun partially intended). In fact, the disinterest of the respective state governors should theoretically give you a freer hand to manage your resources as you see fit, as opposed to when the governors want to micromanage things.

My opinion is the people who manage our clubs have interests and goals that are different from what they should be, if the motivation were to achieve the best for the clubs, the league and even the national team. Yes, a massive infusion of state money can allow a team purchase the title (the way billionaire-owned and cash-rich clubs do in Europe), but it ends up being a temporary situation that glitters without being gold, and at the end of the day there are countries in Africa that are "poorer" than Nigeria but are home to two or three clubs that are head and shoulders above anything we have in terms of institutionalized professionalism and financing.

I like the fact that our league is "democratic" and has been won by many different clubs instead of dominated by a few .... but I don't think this is because all of our clubs are "competitive" in the abstract sense of the word, but rather that dominance in Nigeria is a temporary thing that doesn't reflect any firm institutions behind it .... heck, the number of Nigerian clubs that have won the league, the cup, or a state cup and then either ceased to exist or descended down into the amateur leagues, must be a record among FIFA members.

PS: My 2 kobo. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:
People say this a lot in different states, relative to different clubs, at different points in time .... to explain their bad results. But I know from experience that there is a way you run an organization when the budgets are lower-than-normal, but you still have to achieve your goals (pun partially intended). In fact, the disinterest of the respective state governors should theoretically give you a freer hand to manage your resources as you see fit, as opposed to when the governors want to micromanage things.

My opinion is the people who manage our clubs have interests and goals that are different from what they should be, if the motivation were to achieve the best for the clubs, the league and even the national team. Yes, a massive infusion of state money can allow a team purchase the title (the way billionaire-owned and cash-rich clubs do in Europe), but it ends up being a temporary situation that glitters without being gold, and at the end of the day there are countries in Africa that are "poorer" than Nigeria but are home to two or three clubs that are head and shoulders above anything we have in terms of institutionalized professionalism and financing.

I like the fact that our league is "democratic" and has been won by many different clubs instead of dominated by a few .... but I don't think this is because all of our clubs are "competitive" in the abstract sense of the word, but rather that dominance in Nigeria is a temporary thing that doesn't reflect any firm institutions behind it .... heck, the number of Nigerian clubs that have won the league, the cup, or a state cup and then either ceased to exist or descended down into the amateur leagues, must be a record among FIFA members.

PS: My 2 kobo. :)
Preach bro, preach!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Was there any "tactical" involved?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Gotti wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nice of you tpp show face. It must have been really hard to post on this thread.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

fabio wrote:
Gotti wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nice of you tpp show face. It must have been really hard to post on this thread.
Not as hard as you searching for Division Two results later in the year... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cicob you suppose be Premiership Press Secretary

lol! :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.