Is Low's Germany Better Than Del Bosque's Spain?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is Low's Germany Better Than Del Bosque's Spain?

Post by wiseone »

Everyone thinks Spain was the best thing since sliced bread/or Brazil 1970. However has Low exceeded what Spain did? Germany are champions of the world, Olympic finalists, and Confed champs...

Side note - if Low was managing Nigeria he would never have been in the job long enough to win any trophies. It took 8 years for him to win a trophy. No way Nigerians would tolerate a manager who did not win a trophy for 8 years. His record is incredible: 152 games played, 102 of them won, only 23 defeats (ie. undefeated in 85% of games he has managed). :shock:

The Germans are so dam* organised. Does anyone notice that not only the players wear the same kit. Even Low and his coaching staff wear the same "uniform" clothes. Even when Low wears regular clothes, his assistants wear exactly the same trousers and shirt.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Low's Germany Better Than Del Bosque's Spain?

Post by kajifu »

Spain team was base on Pep Barca style,Pep was the reason Spain play that way and were good not Del Bosque.
The German team is good but that Spain team was something else,they can make a good team look silly.
German team never won Olympic and Europe.
Spain team is better than this German team but if they manage to win and defend the world Cup then Hats off to them
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

kajifu wrote:Spain team was base on Pep Barca style,Pep was the reason Spain play that way and were good not Del Bosque.
The German team is good but that Spain team was something else,they can make a good team look silly.
Spain team is better than this German team but if they manage to win and defend the world Cup then Hats off to them

So by that logic of yours Spain would have won that world cup and euro cup even if you kajifu where the manager.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Del Bosque for me. That Spanish team of 2008 to 2012 was a joy to watch. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Chimurenga Rebel on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I won't lie the Spanish team I rate higher than the German team. That Spanish team humiliated teams over 3-4 years, they made teams look ancient and in need of tactical update. Even this Germany was made to look mediocre in comparison. Thank God their era came to an end.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
kajifu wrote:Spain team was base on Pep Barca style,Pep was the reason Spain play that way and were good not Del Bosque.

So by that logic of yours Spain would have won that world cup and euro cup even if you kajifu where the manager.
Dude any average coach will have won some major trophies with this Spanish team.It was Barca system and reason while most coach after Pep has won major trophies. How do you rate the coaches at barca after Pep?
Spain team was on another level with the talent available, the coach Bosque even slow them down like they would have won more :taunt:
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Spain? Very overrated team.
They won the World Cup on the back of 1:0 scorelines and struggled often and in almost every game. Italy 2006 was a much more convincing team and the Brazil's of eras back were way better.

As for their Euro 2012 win the less said the better. They shouldn't have even made it through the group stage, but the referee gave them a massive helping hand by cheating Croatia, who were btw the better team.

Meanwhile Germany whacked Brasil to a legendary 7:1 scoreline and initiated the tournament with the 5:0 destruction of Portugal.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Spain were a much tougher side. Everyone looked for the tactics to beat Spain. They were always superior on the pitch.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:

Dude any average coach will have won some major trophies with this Spanish team.It was Barca system and reason while most coach after Pep has won major trophies. How do you rate the coaches at barca after Pep?
Spain team was on another level with the talent available, the coach Bosque even slow them down like they would have won more :taunt:
Kajifu, you be my man,but on this I must ask if you understand the topic of this debate. The issue is about the team, which of the two is the best or greatest, if you argue that the Spanish team is so good it can win with or without the coach....do you really understand whose side you are making a case for?

You are trying to turn this into one manager vs the other....let me repeat it for you again...it is about good team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

We have to remember that Germany did what no team has ever done:

1) First European team to win the WC in South America.

2) First team to be world champions, Olympic finalists, and Confed champions simultaneously.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is an interesting question....I would say if they played 10 times, DB's Spain would win 6 times.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

wiseone wrote:We have to remember that Germany did what no team has ever done:

2) First team to be world champions, Olympic champions, and Confed champions. They have basically cornered all the titles from U23 level upwards.
Am I missing something? Please when did Germany win Olympics?They were beaten by Brazil in the final
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

wiseone wrote:We have to remember that Germany did what no team has ever done:

2) First team to be world champions, Olympic finalists, and Confed champions simultaneously.

They didn't win the men's Olympics, Brazil won it.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Del Bosque for me. That Spanish team of 2008 to 2012 was a joy to watch. :clap: :clap: :clap:

That was because they had 6 to7 Barcelona players as starters! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1. Del Bosque was not in charge of Spain in 2008. Luis Aragones was.

2. I think the comparison should be between the Spanish system and the German system overall. Leave the coaches out of it.

3. The answer to 2 is that both systems are the very best in the world. Hard to choose between either yet. We need more time to evaluate, but if I were forced to choose, I would go with the German system.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Del Bosque's spain was something else
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

marutimon wrote:Spain? Very overrated team.
They won the World Cup on the back of 1:0 scorelines and struggled often and in almost every game. Italy 2006 was a much more convincing team and the Brazil's of eras back were way better.

As for their Euro 2012 win the less said the better. They shouldn't have even made it through the group stage, but the referee gave them a massive helping hand by cheating Croatia, who were btw the better team.

Meanwhile Germany whacked Brasil to a legendary 7:1 scoreline and initiated the tournament with the 5:0 destruction of Portugal.
I agree. If only Robben had his shooting boots on in South Africa Spain wouldn't have been champions :curse: Boland could have won the damn thing
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Samora Machel wrote:
marutimon wrote:Spain? Very overrated team.

I agree. If only Robben had his shooting boots on in South Africa Spain wouldn't have been champions :curse: Boland could have won the damn thing
If only Higuain didn't turn into a donkey...