Kelechi could be heading to Spurs afterall( My preference)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Kelechi could be heading to Spurs afterall( My preference)

Post by highbury »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ster-city/

This is the team that will perfectly fit him. NOT Leicester! He will get good service in Totenham rather than running for scraps like the donkey ( Vardy perfectly does that).. Kelechi's game is not chasing after scraps. We saw how useless he was in the SE when given that task. If I were him, I will grab Spurs and run. Even though I am not a Spurs fan, I appreciate their football and their trust in the youth
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi could be heading to Spurs afterall( My preferenc

Post by Coach »

^Second fiddle to Harry Kane, even Son, but of course, Spurs are the bigger team and that is of utmost importance.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

He needs guaranteed game time. Leicester will give him that.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

more than welcome at the Lane (forever the Lane). If Kele works hard he'll definitely gets his chance. Kane cannot play all the games and Kele cannot play all the games. The top teams can play up to 60 games in a season. Unless you want him to go to a lower tier Premier league, he can displace the like of Son if he puts in the effort.

Though I don't trust any news from The Sun
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And of those 60 games, he'll start far less than 30%. Factor in Harry Kane's age and t'is quite apparent that such a move would be near pointless when challenged by a regular starting role, till form fails, at Leicester. Mahrez may well be shipped out, expect Slimani to be moved on and a Vardy plus whoever partnership up top. Iheanacho would be well advised to bite the hand of anyone offering him games aplenty. The Tottenhams et al will come if he proves his pudding.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Better to be at Spurs, Champion League football, he will get games as they are in a lot of competition, he is still young, Spurs is better for him.................
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:And of those 60 games, he'll start far less than 30%. Factor in Harry Kane's age and t'is quite apparent that such a move would be near pointless when challenged by a regular starting role, till form fails, at Leicester. Mahrez may well be shipped out, expect Slimani to be moved on and a Vardy plus whoever partnership up top. Iheanacho would be well advised to bite the hand of anyone offering him games aplenty. The Tottenhams et al will come if he proves his pudding.
The Kele should forget about playing for the top teams. If Kele realistically want to play 80-90% of games evey season then he needs to go to the likes of Watford, Brighton etc. The Bacelona's, RM, Man City, Man United of the football world requires excellent bench. It's the modern day football requirements.

Can Kele displace Son? If he works hard, yes. He can compliment Kane and if Kane slacks or leaves then Kele is in a better position to exploit that. Poch will work wonders with Kele.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Bad move for Kelechi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Bad move for Kelechi.
I'm sure. Spoken like a goon :tic:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

As pajimoh said, I dont trust Sun. Secondly forget it if it involves Walker. Thirdly, it smacks of a move to make one of the negotiating parties nervous.

That said, he can play in any one of 3 positions in the lineup i.e. the 3 AM roles behind the strikers. Does he have the stamina/quickness required to do such? Dele Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son are not slow mentally.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Bad move for Kelechi.
I'm sure. Spoken like a goon :tic:
Truth be told if he plans to play 80% of games then forget Spurs and stay in City if City don't buy Sanchez.
No way he will play ahead of Song,Kane ,Ali etcthat to me are better players than him.
He will need to work hard to get games ahead of the others who are excellent ballers.
Good thing is that Spurs coach is someone who will offer you playing time if you do the job he ask you.
Good luck to him
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:more than welcome at the Lane (forever the Lane). If Kele works hard he'll definitely gets his chance. Kane cannot play all the games and Kele cannot play all the games. The top teams can play up to 60 games in a season. Unless you want him to go to a lower tier Premier league, he can displace the like of Son if he puts in the effort.

All good and well except for the small fact that Spurs doesn't play 60 games a season. Also, Spurs plays a 1 striker formation well over 90% of the time which is unfavorable to kelechi given the presence of Kane. And the few times Pooch starts 2, he goes with Dele Ali as Kane's partner.

Leicester City on the other hand prefers to start two strikers at least half the time or more which presents more chances for our boy. The only aspect that suits kelechi is Spurs style of play better suits his attributes than Leicester City.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:more than welcome at the Lane (forever the Lane). If Kele works hard he'll definitely gets his chance. Kane cannot play all the games and Kele cannot play all the games. The top teams can play up to 60 games in a season. Unless you want him to go to a lower tier Premier league, he can displace the like of Son if he puts in the effort.

All good and well except for the small fact that Spurs doesn't play 60 games a season. Also, Spurs plays a 1 striker formation well over 90% of the time which is unfavorable to kelechi given the presence of Kane. And the few times Pooch starts 2, he goes with Dele Ali as Kane's partner.

Leicester City on the other hand prefers to start two strikers at least half the time or more which presents more chances for our boy. The only aspect that suits kelechi is Spurs style of play better suits his attributes than Leicester City.
Well, you're looking at it the wrong way. That is why I think Kele will play games at Spurs. Spurs wants to play 60 or more games but they can't do it with Kane alone. If Kane gets injured then we struggle. Vincent hasn't really kicked off. We get knocked out of cups due to lack of depth. Kele will offer Spurs some depth. That is why I said clubs wanting or playing 60 games a season need good bench and Spurs need good bench to achieve that. Kele only need to compete with Son and Vincent. One thing that he can bet on is Poch given you a chance if you prove your worth.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Seems Spurs outsourced Kele's valuation to Leicester-Man City and the figure of £25m is far below all the rubbish that seems to plague the EPL market. If teams are prepared to pay £50m for Ross Barkley, £50m for Sigurdsson, £60m for Van Dijk and £70m for Lukaku, Kele is a major steal for £25m.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Pajimoh, I hear you but aspiring to play 60 and actually hitting the 60 game mark aren't the same. It requires going as far as semifinals in CL, quarters/ semi's in FA cup and semi's or higher in league cup of course along with 38 league games. The depth required is beyond the scope of Spurs capability. Currently only ManU and perhaps City have that capability. In addition to the above, kelechi will have to hit the gym big time just to fit into Pooch philosophy. Workrate, tackling, overall physical engagement, etc needs a lot of work before his talents can shine thru at Spurs. He will need to spend a lot of time on the bench and in the gym to be successful at Spurs under Pooch. It will be better for his career long-term if he's able to make the transition but in the short term it will mean little game time.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just asking, is The UK Sun a credible source? :?:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:Pajimoh, I hear you but aspiring to play 60 and actually hitting the 60 game mark aren't the same. It requires going as far as semifinals in CL, quarters/ semi's in FA cup and semi's or higher in league cup of course along with 38 league games. The depth required is beyond the scope of Spurs capability. Currently only ManU and perhaps City have that capability. In addition to the above, kelechi will have to hit the gym big time just to fit into Pooch philosophy. Workrate, tackling, overall physical engagement, etc needs a lot of work before his talents can shine thru at Spurs. He will need to spend a lot of time on the bench and in the gym to be successful at Spurs under Pooch. It will be better for his career long-term if he's able to make the transition but in the short term it will mean little game time.
I beg to differ. The scope of breaking into the top 4 was supposed to be beyond Spurs considering the wage structure and the crazy amount others are paying for top players. We still manage to do it. Spurs plan and playing over 60 games is also part of the plan. Spurs intensity means they can't use the same set of players to achieve a 60 games season. So they need depth and Spurs is never going to spend big for a first teamer talkless of a squad member. We've always bought smart, well, most of the time. Kele will be a smart buy for £20m.

Like I said, if Kele is willing to work hard and most of the players we have work hard under Poch's system. If Kele is looking for an easier life then there are loads of other teams in the EPL. :tic:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:Just asking, is The UK Sun a credible source? :?:
We know it's likely to be false but just indulging
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:Pajimoh, I hear you but aspiring to play 60 and actually hitting the 60 game mark aren't the same. It requires going as far as semifinals in CL, quarters/ semi's in FA cup and semi's or higher in league cup of course along with 38 league games. The depth required is beyond the scope of Spurs capability. Currently only ManU and perhaps City have that capability. In addition to the above, kelechi will have to hit the gym big time just to fit into Pooch philosophy. Workrate, tackling, overall physical engagement, etc needs a lot of work before his talents can shine thru at Spurs. He will need to spend a lot of time on the bench and in the gym to be successful at Spurs under Pooch. It will be better for his career long-term if he's able to make the transition but in the short term it will mean little game time.
I beg to differ. The scope of breaking into the top 4 was supposed to be beyond Spurs considering the wage structure and the crazy amount others are paying for top players. We still manage to do it. Spurs plan and playing over 60 games is also part of the plan. Spurs intensity means they can't use the same set of players to achieve a 60 games season. So they need depth and Spurs is never going to spend big for a first teamer talkless of a squad member. We've always bought smart, well, most of the time. Kele will be a smart buy for £20m.

Like I said, if Kele is willing to work hard and most of the players we have work hard under Poch's system. If Kele is looking for an easier life then there are loads of other teams in the EPL. :tic:
Spurs barely had enough depth to challenge on two fronts last season (league and FA cup) but somehow in one window Spurs will build enough quality depth (emphasis on quality) to sustain a 60+ game campaign and compete on 4 fronts especially including chasing the EPL and CL titles. Okay O. :mrgreen:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Spurs barely had enough depth to challenge on two fronts last season (league and FA cup) but somehow in one window Spurs will build enough quality depth (emphasis on quality) to sustain a 60+ game campaign and compete on 4 fronts especially including chasing the EPL and CL titles. Okay O. :mrgreen:
Each team registers 25 players. It's the quality of those 25 players that matters and hopefully injury free. Kele will improve the squad. Spurs lost in the semi final of the FA cup and I think the semi final of the other rubbish cup. We had the best offense and defense in the league and remained unbeaten at home. Euro was played at wembley which is still a worry because it's not an home game.
That said, cup games are fewer than league games and that where we tend to chop and change by resting our fist teamers. That's where we need to improve and I think Kele will get a lot of playing time. We ae not too far off from a complete squad. If Janssen steps up, we do not need Kele. Also considering Kane missed 3 months of last season and we only lost 3 games, shows the squad is decent for league but not when we are required to rotate for cups
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cristao II wrote:As pajimoh said, I dont trust Sun. Secondly forget it if it involves Walker. Thirdly, it smacks of a move to make one of the negotiating parties nervous.

That said, he can play in any one of 3 positions in the lineup i.e. the 3 AM roles behind the strikers. Does he have the stamina/quickness required to do such? Dele Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son are not slow mentally.
Spurs play some scintillating footie... Love how their young players similarly to Liverpool's have continued to develop.

If the offer is real, I hope he takes it.

He will get more chances to play because Spurs will be involved in lots so games.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Coach wrote:^Second fiddle to Harry Kane, even Son, but of course, Spurs are the bigger team and that is of utmost importance.
Agreed but as a fresh signing he'll most likely get a chance without waiting too long!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

our boy just turned down Monaco( wants to get a British passport) so staying in England.. but most likely will be in LCFC
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved