The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 pm 

deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:

What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.

What the hell are you guys on about? When last did y'all see any of these old heads play?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:06 pm 

Prince wrote:
EagleGunner wrote:
I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday

My ticket arrived yesterday :thumbs: :thumbs:

Junior Ally

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 pm 

Spicyee wrote:
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/
Portugal down 3-4 to Denmark...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 pm 

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.

What the hell are you guys on about? When last did y'all see any of these old heads play?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Since when did that matter on CE?

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:40 pm 

Nija up next against China.....

Oga Jay Jay and the boys warming up.. :drool: :drool: :drool:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:44 pm 

Yakubu dey team o!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm 

2-0 Nija

The YAKKKKKKKK 2 goals.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:54 pm 

no livestream link or anything?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 pm 

Rufai looking very trim!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 pm 

3-2 FT

Oga JJ entertained the crowd
YAK finished well
LAwal, Babayaro and JAG/Okechukwu manned the back well

Good effort, come back tomorrow to play Brazil or Italy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:33 am 

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:

Class is permanent my broda....Na peepu wey no sabi ball for young age no sabi am for old age....You may be slower, and less mobile, but if you had class when you were active, e go show still.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..

Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.

All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..

Why? is there something you are afraid of? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 pm 

YAK looks fiter and slimmer than in his active years. :o
And Jay Jay looks fit as always - He could still teach the young boys some tricks in a competitive game.

Naija 4 life!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:26 pm 

Kai see how Babayaro got tired after 3 minutes. Amokachi nah jambodi player, scored a nice chip. Garba lawal, short 1 as usual. Taribo has not forgotten how to be a hooligan. Yak, missing 5 chances to score 1 as usual. Took his goals well. Good stuff to watch sha. See Jay jay! And how could i forget Dodo Mayana himself!De guy no dey old at all!

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:04 pm 

DAgrin wrote:
YAK looks fiter and slimmer than in his active years. :o
And Jay Jay looks fit as always - He could still teach the young boys some tricks in a competitive game.

For real...I think he can hack 20 minutes in some African qualifier to be honest. And he'll make at least 1 assist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm 

Brazil.. Portugal.. France .. Spain. Chei!! Is this shown on Supersports?

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:

Class is permanent my broda....Na peepu wey no sabi ball for young age no sabi am for old age....You may be slower, and less mobile, but if you had class when you were active, e go show still.

Fact not feelings!

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 pm 

Next up; Italy, about to start

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 pm 

Was at the o2 yesterday with my son. He was very disappointed not to see JJ play. From what i saw we are going to get thrashed by Brazil :atc:

Most o fthe guys there are not fit at all. Uche, Taribo, Emma Okocha are definitely way past it. Amokachi has a bad knee so he can be excused.

Yakubu and Rufai have been the best performers so far. And surprisingly the oldest member of the team Rufai looked the fittest :blink:

Little aside... Nigerian disorganisation was on show again as there was nobody available to take a team photo...