Babayaro Cautions On “Little Messi”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tayuma
Egg
Egg
Babayaro Cautions On “Little Messi”

Post by tayuma »

Babayaro Cautions On “Little Messi” Tag Given To His Wave Making Son Ryan At Newcastle

Former Nigeria international and Chelsea star Celestine Babayaro has played down the hype surrounding his 11 year old son Ryan who has been dubbed “Little Messi” by his team-mates, coaches and friends at Newcastle United.

Ryan is at Newcastle United, the last club his father represented in Europe during his playing career, and after sweeping countless school awards, he came to global attention when Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez ‎singled him out for praise and a contract at the club after a dazzling display.

However Celestine who now works as a TV pundit said the little Messi tag ascribed to his son might be a bit too early but understands why the hype surrounding his rise lead to the nickname.

” It’s nice to have him as Ryan not little Messi (laughs). He still has a long way to go if he is to make it professionally as a footballer but that is his wish, and as his father I have to pray and support his wishes to be a footballer”, Babayaro exclusively told Owngoalnigeria.com.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/12/ba ... newcastle/
[img]May%20you%20live%20as%20long%20as%20you%20want%20-%20May%20you%20love%20as%20long%20as%20you%20live%20and%20may%20you%20love%20for%20others%20that%20which%20you%20love%20for%20yourself[/img]
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Babayaro Cautions On “Little Messi”

Post by john12 »

When I heard little Messi I thought of the infamous Stanley okoro
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Congrats to Cele,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:When I heard little Messi I thought of the infamous Stanley okoro
I believe he's called "very over-aged little Messi"
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Its been my observation over decades that most people called "Little [Insert name of Great]" never amount to much.....

Notable exception would be Ronaldinho...and its even debatable if his name meant he was the new Ronaldo.

Hope Ryan forges & thrives in his own identity.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet