Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73638
Location: Earth
Tanzania, Zambia, Algeria ( 1-0 , 2-1, and 3-1 notice the improvements in goals with Mikel starting/playing)

Senegal, South AFrica( real test and not that crap vs Togo high school footballers based in France) ( 1-1 and 2 kondo in Nigeria)

Abi is Mikel the real coach of the SE?

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12552
I have stated in the past that Mikel is without a doubt SE best player.

It isn't even close, which is why I laugh when people claim we should move on touting the likes of Ndidi, or Etebo to be his replacement. How did that work out against South Africa ?

THis issue has nothing to do with Rohr. SE is simply a much better team with Mikel.

2010 World Cup we did poorly because we were without Mikel and we simply could not cope.

Keshi SE struggled before he recalled Mikel.

2013 ANC we would not win without Mikel. Absolutely not.

2014 WC Mikel carried us.

When Oliseh was coach his problems started when he dropped Mikel and we failed to beat Tanzania.

Rohr loses first match without Mikel. No coincidence at all.

It is a fact that Nigeria has not really done well without Mikel. This is just a fact. He stablizes our midfield and is one of our most creative players.

He is indespensible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1681
Location: New York
True



vancity eagle wrote:
I have stated in the past that Mikel is without a doubt SE best player.

It isn't even close, which is why I laugh when people claim we should move on touting the likes of Ndidi, or Etebo to be his replacement. How did that work out against South Africa ?

THis issue has nothing to do with Rohr. SE is simply a much better team with Mikel.

2010 World Cup we did poorly because we were without Mikel and we simply could not cope.

Keshi SE struggled before he recalled Mikel.

2013 ANC we would not win without Mikel. Absolutely not.

2014 WC Mikel carried us.

When Oliseh was coach his problems started when he dropped Mikel and we failed to beat Tanzania.

Rohr loses first match without Mikel. No coincidence at all.

It is a fact that Nigeria has not really done well without Mikel. This is just a fact. He stablizes our midfield and is one of our most creative players.

He is indespensible.

_________________
Goldenera94


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 13441
Mikel hasn't qualified us for AFCON in 4yrs and counting.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 7523
:taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4481
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
vancity eagle wrote:
I have stated in the past that Mikel is without a doubt SE best player.

It isn't even close, which is why I laugh when people claim we should move on touting the likes of Ndidi, or Etebo to be his replacement. How did that work out against South Africa ?

THis issue has nothing to do with Rohr. SE is simply a much better team with Mikel.

2010 World Cup we did poorly because we were without Mikel and we simply could not cope.

Keshi SE struggled before he recalled Mikel.

2013 ANC we would not win without Mikel. Absolutely not.

2014 WC Mikel carried us.

When Oliseh was coach his problems started when he dropped Mikel and we failed to beat Tanzania.

Rohr loses first match without Mikel. No coincidence at all.

It is a fact that Nigeria has not really done well without Mikel. This is just a fact. He stablizes our midfield and is one of our most creative players.

He is indespensible.


and CE are wondering why Moses is in and out of the team..Mikel was at his peak with Chelsea in 2010- decided to skip Wcup claiming injury - am sure he only wanted a long rest. .what a difference Mikel and also Anichebe could have made at that Wcup. the thing pain me o-


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 4735
Location: The Niger Delta
vancity eagle wrote:
I have stated in the past that Mikel is without a doubt SE best player.

It isn't even close, which is why I laugh when people claim we should move on touting the likes of Ndidi, or Etebo to be his replacement. How did that work out against South Africa ?

THis issue has nothing to do with Rohr. SE is simply a much better team with Mikel.

2010 World Cup we did poorly because we were without Mikel and we simply could not cope.

Keshi SE struggled before he recalled Mikel.

2013 ANC we would not win without Mikel. Absolutely not.

2014 WC Mikel carried us.

When Oliseh was coach his problems started when he dropped Mikel and we failed to beat Tanzania.

Rohr loses first match without Mikel. No coincidence at all.

It is a fact that Nigeria has not really done well without Mikel. This is just a fact. He stablizes our midfield and is one of our most creative players.

He is indespensible.


While nobody is indispensable, the importance of Mikel to the team cannot be over-emphasized. Have you forgotten the 2016 Olympics? Without Mikel (both on and off the field) we definitely would have returned home empty.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 33303
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Obong wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
I have stated in the past that Mikel is without a doubt SE best player.

It isn't even close, which is why I laugh when people claim we should move on touting the likes of Ndidi, or Etebo to be his replacement. How did that work out against South Africa ?

THis issue has nothing to do with Rohr. SE is simply a much better team with Mikel.

2010 World Cup we did poorly because we were without Mikel and we simply could not cope.

Keshi SE struggled before he recalled Mikel.

2013 ANC we would not win without Mikel. Absolutely not.

2014 WC Mikel carried us.

When Oliseh was coach his problems started when he dropped Mikel and we failed to beat Tanzania.

Rohr loses first match without Mikel. No coincidence at all.

It is a fact that Nigeria has not really done well without Mikel. This is just a fact. He stablizes our midfield and is one of our most creative players.

He is indespensible.


While nobody is indispensable, the importance of Mikel to the team cannot be over-emphasized. Have you forgotten the 2016 Olympics? Without Mikel (both on and off the field) we definitely would have returned home empty.


Yep, I disagree about his 2014 WC performance because I think it wasn't one of his better tourneys (esp. after his display in the Confederations Cup), but his importance is immense both in his play and his influence over the team.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bunda, fledy, Google [Bot], obrin2, ogasir, Yahoo [Bot] and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group