Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25555
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Walker is 27 and Trippier makes his sale less painful. Clubs cannot keep the players that want out but you can get top money for them. Unfortunately this is the way things are now. That I why the new stadium and the ability to pay top mo ey is important otherwise you just have to define your ambitions - get into Europe my making top four, buy cheap and sell high. If you win something then it's a bonus. Clubs are spending over 300m on defence alone when a team I the premiership don't even cost that much.


This is the point I made in one of Spurs' game thread and Cristao said I was wrong. Holding unto a player is hard as is especially for a club in the class of Arsenal and Spurs without sugar daddy. When you add the mad market coupled with Stadium building venture, you face an uphill battle to pay 'competitive' wage.

In as much as I try to make fun of Spurs, I think they are unto the right blend of a coach with mindset of young players infusion, Levy with the right attitude and skillful(solid) players who seem to like each other. The young players will do well if introduced early enough but there will always be that growing pain associated with the jump.


For years, Arsenal were mocked and placed under pressure. Spuds don't have to deal with any such pressure. If Spuds came under the same pressure, they will crumble. The press are already making the excuses for Spurs, but Wenger was vilified for adopting the same strategy of not spending money the club did not have.

Do you remember how the press made it a huge thing and it was all over the net when Arsenal went all those years without winning a trophy? Spuds and a Liverpool have gone way beyond the time period Arsenal did, but do you hear a word from them? I certainly do not hear a thing from CEs who jumped on the bandwagon then about Spuds or Pool.


You really need to quit using Spurs as a tool for hiding Arsenal's shortcomings. Our policy now is the same as it was before we started building the stadium. We don't spend big on players. We were into growing a team not buying a team. We are into balancing the books.
We don't go out and make statements that "Poch has this amount of money to spend on players" only to leave it in the kitty. That is the Arsenal way.
We've always worked with a tight budget. We also have pressures and we're yet to crumble. We can't pay as much as the top teams and out top players leave - remember Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Walker etc? Yet we constantly evolve.
We are being told we must win something or lose our best players and the club is aware of this. The handlers are aware of this and the press are always on our case as to how our players can benefit other teams.

Arsenal bought badly, pay insane wages for nonperforming stars. Even with money flooding in from improved gate receipts, you still bought badly.


Don't lay that at the steps of Spurs or the press, that is you lots doing.

Abeg leave Spurs out of this one. We have expectations and would like to win the leaque. You coming here and making it seems like we just roll with the days and lack ambition is typically WAFIMANISM - ALL HOT AIR


Spuds will like to win the league, but this is not the norm for Spuds. It is an exception for Spuds to be contenders. Do you remember the last time you finish in the top 2 or even top 3? Where you born then? Do not let me embarrass you and your big talk? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On Arsenal spending, you are writing BS because you are seriously ill informed. Arsenal, have maintained a top 4 position, winning major silverware (something Spuds have not done for a longer period than when you use to come and mock us for not winning) since it committed to the Emirates. It did so with a combination of developing its youth or Academy, buying youth or young and some experienced players. During this period, Arsenal always had the lowest wage bill of the top 4 and in some seasons (like 2014/15 and 2015/16) their wage bill was the 5th highest in the PL.

Who are the players on insane wages at Arsenal? You talk about players, only recently, when the money started coming in for Sponsorship have Arsenal started buying players and retaining their best players. None of them are on insane wages, the fact is, the improvement in quality has paid off. We have won silverware, 3 major piece of silverware in 4 years. What have you lot won?

IMHO, Arsenal worst season in 20 years has come at a point when we actually had the best squad since the 'Invicibles'. Many factors are responsible for this like uncertainty surrounding the Manager, this will not happen next season. There is enough in the Arsenal squad and so long as they retain the core of the squad and look to improve it (which all indications are they are doing right now) Arsenal will be there or there about next season. They will certainly be top 4 and will ensure normal services are resumed with regards to putting Spuds in their rightful place.

The fact is, Spuds are not under the same sort of pressure to perform as Arsenal. The expectations are much lower at Spuds. My example of Spuds not winning a thing for well over ten years and no one is making a song and dance about it like all and sundry (you included) before Arsenal won the FA Cup 4 seasons is clear proof of expectations and standards at both clubs.

You talk of winning the league. Only the last 2 seasons have you looked like contenders, prior to that no one talked of Spuds and the title in one sentence, but reading your BS above, you will think Spuds are this big team that has been up there in the top for the last 20 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you talk of Arsenal short comings, that's rich coming from a Spuds supporter. Spuds finished above Arsenal once in over 20 years and you talk of short comings. Arsenal had a poor season by it standards in the league in 20 years but won the FA cup, Spuds won nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger has been at Arsenal for 20 years, in that time, Arsenal has gone to a level in football Spuds fans can only dream of. In that time, Wenger has built different teams and won silverware, Spuds have experienced failure and kept on dropping behind. You have finished above us in one season, but when you start to think you are a big boy because of that, then you are truly deluded. One season has never made a top team and dominant team. Currently you are on a purple patch, but you have nothing to show for it to not get ahead of yourself because football is transient, it changes quickly. Spuds must win something next season or you may have to wait another 20 years for another decent team.

Chief you're writing too much and mostly cr@p :rotf: You can attempt to embarras me all you want - water off ducks back mate. Sure you've maintained top four position for ever but is that progress for all your spending and all your ambitions and a huge edifice? That is the issue here. Spurs were perennial bottom half team. During the period when money has flooded to clubs that are able to maintain top 4 on a consistent basis, without such resources we've been able to break into the top four. For where we were coming from, that is progress. From a team that went a whole season unbeaten and expected to dominate for years to come, you've been too comfortable in the golden 4th spot. You're afraid to take a leap of faith, it might set you back or move you forward. Making top four was enough for you with a dose of hoping to win the title without much plan. You really don't understand why your fans are pi$$ed, do you?

You can compare your team to Spurs and beat your chest all you want. But if you think consistent 4th place is your main ambition then, congratulations. As a Spurs fans, I don't even need to compare achievements with goons, that would be foolishness, but what I can say is the likes of goons, man united, man city and Chelsea cannot dream of penning 3 points on their tally before a ball is kicked, like the days of old. That speaks volumes.
Oh remember when you used to mock us about never finishing in the top four, about never playing in the CL? When was the last time you did that? Answer on a post card please

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40669
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D


:rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46440
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Walker is 27 and Trippier makes his sale less painful. Clubs cannot keep the players that want out but you can get top money for them. Unfortunately this is the way things are now. That I why the new stadium and the ability to pay top mo ey is important otherwise you just have to define your ambitions - get into Europe my making top four, buy cheap and sell high. If you win something then it's a bonus. Clubs are spending over 300m on defence alone when a team I the premiership don't even cost that much.


This is the point I made in one of Spurs' game thread and Cristao said I was wrong. Holding unto a player is hard as is especially for a club in the class of Arsenal and Spurs without sugar daddy. When you add the mad market coupled with Stadium building venture, you face an uphill battle to pay 'competitive' wage.

In as much as I try to make fun of Spurs, I think they are unto the right blend of a coach with mindset of young players infusion, Levy with the right attitude and skillful(solid) players who seem to like each other. The young players will do well if introduced early enough but there will always be that growing pain associated with the jump.


For years, Arsenal were mocked and placed under pressure. Spuds don't have to deal with any such pressure. If Spuds came under the same pressure, they will crumble. The press are already making the excuses for Spurs, but Wenger was vilified for adopting the same strategy of not spending money the club did not have.

Do you remember how the press made it a huge thing and it was all over the net when Arsenal went all those years without winning a trophy? Spuds and a Liverpool have gone way beyond the time period Arsenal did, but do you hear a word from them? I certainly do not hear a thing from CEs who jumped on the bandwagon then about Spuds or Pool.


You really need to quit using Spurs as a tool for hiding Arsenal's shortcomings. Our policy now is the same as it was before we started building the stadium. We don't spend big on players. We were into growing a team not buying a team. We are into balancing the books.
We don't go out and make statements that "Poch has this amount of money to spend on players" only to leave it in the kitty. That is the Arsenal way.
We've always worked with a tight budget. We also have pressures and we're yet to crumble. We can't pay as much as the top teams and out top players leave - remember Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Walker etc? Yet we constantly evolve.
We are being told we must win something or lose our best players and the club is aware of this. The handlers are aware of this and the press are always on our case as to how our players can benefit other teams.

Arsenal bought badly, pay insane wages for nonperforming stars. Even with money flooding in from improved gate receipts, you still bought badly.


Don't lay that at the steps of Spurs or the press, that is you lots doing.

Abeg leave Spurs out of this one. We have expectations and would like to win the leaque. You coming here and making it seems like we just roll with the days and lack ambition is typically WAFIMANISM - ALL HOT AIR


Spuds will like to win the league, but this is not the norm for Spuds. It is an exception for Spuds to be contenders. Do you remember the last time you finish in the top 2 or even top 3? Where you born then? Do not let me embarrass you and your big talk? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On Arsenal spending, you are writing BS because you are seriously ill informed. Arsenal, have maintained a top 4 position, winning major silverware (something Spuds have not done for a longer period than when you use to come and mock us for not winning) since it committed to the Emirates. It did so with a combination of developing its youth or Academy, buying youth or young and some experienced players. During this period, Arsenal always had the lowest wage bill of the top 4 and in some seasons (like 2014/15 and 2015/16) their wage bill was the 5th highest in the PL.

Who are the players on insane wages at Arsenal? You talk about players, only recently, when the money started coming in for Sponsorship have Arsenal started buying players and retaining their best players. None of them are on insane wages, the fact is, the improvement in quality has paid off. We have won silverware, 3 major piece of silverware in 4 years. What have you lot won?

IMHO, Arsenal worst season in 20 years has come at a point when we actually had the best squad since the 'Invicibles'. Many factors are responsible for this like uncertainty surrounding the Manager, this will not happen next season. There is enough in the Arsenal squad and so long as they retain the core of the squad and look to improve it (which all indications are they are doing right now) Arsenal will be there or there about next season. They will certainly be top 4 and will ensure normal services are resumed with regards to putting Spuds in their rightful place.

The fact is, Spuds are not under the same sort of pressure to perform as Arsenal. The expectations are much lower at Spuds. My example of Spuds not winning a thing for well over ten years and no one is making a song and dance about it like all and sundry (you included) before Arsenal won the FA Cup 4 seasons is clear proof of expectations and standards at both clubs.

You talk of winning the league. Only the last 2 seasons have you looked like contenders, prior to that no one talked of Spuds and the title in one sentence, but reading your BS above, you will think Spuds are this big team that has been up there in the top for the last 20 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you talk of Arsenal short comings, that's rich coming from a Spuds supporter. Spuds finished above Arsenal once in over 20 years and you talk of short comings. Arsenal had a poor season by it standards in the league in 20 years but won the FA cup, Spuds won nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger has been at Arsenal for 20 years, in that time, Arsenal has gone to a level in football Spuds fans can only dream of. In that time, Wenger has built different teams and won silverware, Spuds have experienced failure and kept on dropping behind. You have finished above us in one season, but when you start to think you are a big boy because of that, then you are truly deluded. One season has never made a top team and dominant team. Currently you are on a purple patch, but you have nothing to show for it to not get ahead of yourself because football is transient, it changes quickly. Spuds must win something next season or you may have to wait another 20 years for another decent team.


Chief you're writing too much and mostly cr@p :rotf: You can attempt to embarras me all you want - water off ducks back mate. Sure you've maintained top four position for ever but is that progress for all your spending and all your ambitions and a huge edifice? That is the issue here. Spurs were perennial bottom half team. During the period when money has flooded to clubs that are able to maintain top 4 on a consistent basis, without such resources we've been able to break into the top four. For where we were coming from, that is progress. From a team that went a whole season unbeaten and expected to dominate for years to come, you've been too comfortable in the golden 4th spot. You're afraid to take a leap of faith, it might set you back or move you forward. Making top four was enough for you with a dose of hoping to win the title without much plan. You really don't understand why your fans are pi$$ed, do you?

You can compare your team to Spurs and beat your chest all you want. But if you think consistent 4th place is your main ambition then, congratulations. As a Spurs fans, I don't even need to compare achievements with goons, that would be foolishness, but what I can say is the likes of goons, man united, man city and Chelsea cannot dream of penning 3 points on their tally before a ball is kicked, like the days of old. That speaks volumes.
Oh remember when you used to mock us about never finishing in the top four, about never playing in the CL? When was the last time you did that? Answer on a post card please


Yes, it is progress. Why? we have won major trophies. What has Spuds won? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One season out of the top 4 does not in any way take away what has been achieved in previous seasons.

What resources? Spuds got the same money all other teams got. Only teams in the CL got more because they earned the right to be there. Arsenal built a new stadium and used CL money to pay its mortgage till the long term sponsorship deals the club signed to secured cash for the Emirates project expired. Once the extra funds from new sponsorship came in, we started winning again because we kept our best players.

Arsenal did not gamble because there was already too much debt in the club, so we played safe. It was the right thing to do and it has not cost us a thing. What fans? The fans who pay their money at the Emirates understand this, it is why you did not see them protesting to get the Manager out. What you saw were a tiny minority and they do not represents the vast majority. So do not even try to tell me about Arsenal fans. I go to games week in and out, I do not use social media as my guide to fans because even there too there is a split. Spuds have just embarked on their stadium, unless a Sugar daddy comes around, even with all the money now in the league, they will struggle to maintain top 4 and keep their best players with the wages on offer.

I am a Gooner, we do not compare ourselves to Spuds, we rightly look down on Spuds for obvious reasons, and it is exactly what I did from my first post which you responded to. If you think 3 points being no longer a given when top teams play against spuds is something to celebrate, then I congratulate you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Arsenal despite our blip last season, have much bigger fish to fry and we must make sure we improve our league position by being in the top 4 and finishing above Spuds. We must also look to challenge and try to win the title. That is what we all want at Arsenal.

On me mocking you about CL football and not being in the top 4. The past 2 seasons have been a blip. You are Spuds, the gift that will always keep on giving. In time, you will find your rightful place, because you are Spuds. Like water, you will find your level. It is just the way it is. Enjoy your moment because it won't last. Mark my words. At Arsenal we know our 'underlings', you Spuds are our 'underlings'. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46440


They are not done yet. :P :P :P :P

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 36152
Waffiman wrote:


They are not done yet. :P :P :P :P


Can you show for Leicester City and their EPL trophy???

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9550
Location: Indiana
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
chei and some folks dey blame chinese..... kyle 50m...... na wa

Sorry to see him go but Trippier is not a bad deputy. Poch will be able to solve Walker's void.


That's the spirit plus the 50M doesn't hurt either. Meanwhile, what's your take on the Dier to ManU rumors?

Personally, I like Dier's game. He's the utility player. He can cover many positions from MF to the back 4. I'd be surprised if Poch let him leave unless he's got a replacement that will offer even more than Dier. But football is also business. We are building and 100m from 2 players is 1/8 of the stadium cost


I agree. Definitely one of the most underrated players in the league. I don't expect to see him at ManU either but with ManU's financial muscle anything is possible.


Now Spuds have a good team, can they keep their good players? This is key because Agents do not have any time for sentiment. Players these days rarely have time for sentiment. As a Gooner, I know this only too well, not only did we sell our best players for the best part of 10 years, we also missed out on top players in the same period. It is one thing bringing in good players or even developing them, it is another thing entirely to keep them when they have proven themselves in the league.

Bottomline is Spuds do not pay wages of a top 4 team. Go read the last set of Accounts of the top 6. The top 4 in terms of wages were, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Arsenal were 5th, Spuds 6th. But the difference between Spuds and the rest is considerable. Arsenal had a wage of £195m in 5th, Liverpool had a wage bill of £208m in 4th, whilst Spuds in 2nd place in the league had the 6th highest wage bill of £160m. A brilliant achievement, but the differential in wages is too big to keep their best players. I know this only too well from Arsenal's expereince.

Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players. Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds. Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds. Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.

can you provide proof for the part in bold? not disputing it. Just wasn't aware that Liverpool was now spending more in wages than Arsenal. Since when?

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23670
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D

Who is Jadon Sancho? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One of the fearsome foursome that has been terrorizing the U18 league.

Sancho, Diaz, Poveda and Foden ( bathe kid who was terrorizing Herrera).

Don't worry, he won't leave. But true, small clubs like Arsenal and Dortmund would eventually poach our youth products just like we currently do to Barca. It's harder to make it into the first team at City than it is at these clubs.

Hopefully Sancho stays, but if he doesn't, wish him the best :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40669
Waffiman wrote:


They are not done yet. :P :P :P :P


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Manchester Cash Derby

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 49670
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:


They are not done yet. :P :P :P :P


Your kiddin'?????

Wow :curse:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46440
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
chei and some folks dey blame chinese..... kyle 50m...... na wa

Sorry to see him go but Trippier is not a bad deputy. Poch will be able to solve Walker's void.


That's the spirit plus the 50M doesn't hurt either. Meanwhile, what's your take on the Dier to ManU rumors?

Personally, I like Dier's game. He's the utility player. He can cover many positions from MF to the back 4. I'd be surprised if Poch let him leave unless he's got a replacement that will offer even more than Dier. But football is also business. We are building and 100m from 2 players is 1/8 of the stadium cost


I agree. Definitely one of the most underrated players in the league. I don't expect to see him at ManU either but with ManU's financial muscle anything is possible.


Now Spuds have a good team, can they keep their good players? This is key because Agents do not have any time for sentiment. Players these days rarely have time for sentiment. As a Gooner, I know this only too well, not only did we sell our best players for the best part of 10 years, we also missed out on top players in the same period. It is one thing bringing in good players or even developing them, it is another thing entirely to keep them when they have proven themselves in the league.

Bottomline is Spuds do not pay wages of a top 4 team. Go read the last set of Accounts of the top 6. The top 4 in terms of wages were, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Arsenal were 5th, Spuds 6th. But the difference between Spuds and the rest is considerable. Arsenal had a wage of £195m in 5th, Liverpool had a wage bill of £208m in 4th, whilst Spuds in 2nd place in the league had the 6th highest wage bill of £160m. A brilliant achievement, but the differential in wages is too big to keep their best players. I know this only too well from Arsenal's expereince.

Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players. Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds. Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds. Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.

can you provide proof for the part in bold? not disputing it. Just wasn't aware that Liverpool was now spending more in wages than Arsenal. Since when?


http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-wage-bill-rockets-25-12700881

Note: City's wages are front loaded. To keep a healthy dressing room, they pay up via huge fees (signing on and loyalty bonuses). City's wage bill is now one which is being closely monitored by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46440
spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D

Who is Jadon Sancho? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One of the fearsome foursome that has been terrorizing the U18 league.

Sancho, Diaz, Poveda and Foden ( bathe kid who was terrorizing Herrera).

Don't worry, he won't leave. But true, small clubs like Arsenal and Dortmund would eventually poach our youth products just like we currently do to Barca. It's harder to make it into the first team at City than it is at these clubs.

Hopefully Sancho stays, but if he doesn't, wish him the best :D

Hearing rumours he has signed for Arsenal, some say close to signing for Arsenal. But there is an almighty struggle for his signature. Spuds also very interested. I saw him once when he was at Watford and thought he is one to watch. Then I heard City nicked him, and he now wants out because he does not think City will give him a chance. Some claims of him being homesick. But this kid grew up next to the Arsenal Colney training ground and he is a London boy. I think he will join Arsenal or Spuds.

If Sancho is as good as Foden, then I take him right now.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 4411
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D

Who is Jadon Sancho? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One of the fearsome foursome that has been terrorizing the U18 league.

Sancho, Diaz, Poveda and Foden ( bathe kid who was terrorizing Herrera).

Don't worry, he won't leave. But true, small clubs like Arsenal and Dortmund would eventually poach our youth products just like we currently do to Barca. It's harder to make it into the first team at City than it is at these clubs.

Hopefully Sancho stays, but if he doesn't, wish him the best :D

Hearing rumours he has signed for Arsenal, some say close to signing for Arsenal. But there is an almighty struggle for his signature. Spuds also very interested. I saw him once when he was at Watford and thought he is one to watch. Then I heard City nicked him, and he now wants out because he does not think City will give him a chance. Some claims of him being homesick. But this kid grew up next to the Arsenal Colney training ground and he is a London boy. I think he will join Arsenal or Spuds.


Heard Dortmund is sniffing around too.

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46440
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D

Who is Jadon Sancho? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One of the fearsome foursome that has been terrorizing the U18 league.

Sancho, Diaz, Poveda and Foden ( bathe kid who was terrorizing Herrera).

Don't worry, he won't leave. But true, small clubs like Arsenal and Dortmund would eventually poach our youth products just like we currently do to Barca. It's harder to make it into the first team at City than it is at these clubs.

Hopefully Sancho stays, but if he doesn't, wish him the best :D

Hearing rumours he has signed for Arsenal, some say close to signing for Arsenal. But there is an almighty struggle for his signature. Spuds also very interested. I saw him once when he was at Watford and thought he is one to watch. Then I heard City nicked him, and he now wants out because he does not think City will give him a chance. Some claims of him being homesick. But this kid grew up next to the Arsenal Colney training ground and he is a London boy. I think he will join Arsenal or Spuds.


Heard Dortmund is sniffing around too.


Dortmund very, very interested indeed.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23670
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D

Who is Jadon Sancho? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One of the fearsome foursome that has been terrorizing the U18 league.

Sancho, Diaz, Poveda and Foden ( bathe kid who was terrorizing Herrera).

Don't worry, he won't leave. But true, small clubs like Arsenal and Dortmund would eventually poach our youth products just like we currently do to Barca. It's harder to make it into the first team at City than it is at these clubs.

Hopefully Sancho stays, but if he doesn't, wish him the best :D

Hearing rumours he has signed for Arsenal, some say close to signing for Arsenal. But there is an almighty struggle for his signature. Spuds also very interested. I saw him once when he was at Watford and thought he is one to watch. Then I heard City nicked him, and he now wants out because he does not think City will give him a chance. Some claims of him being homesick. But this kid grew up next to the Arsenal Colney training ground and he is a London boy. I think he will join Arsenal or Spuds.

If Sancho is as good as Foden, then I take him right now.

This might sound a bit hatoradish, now that the rumors of him leaving are all over the place. But he always reminded me of Sturridge. Of the 4, he was the least cerebral. But could do tricks from.here to London.

I think he'll make it as a pro, bit whether its as an Adam Johnson or an Alexis Sanchez is still hard to tell.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6286
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:
Walker, Mendy, Danilo

Pep Guardiola has declared war on all foes in football


The idiocy of the modern fan is to think you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. It is ridiculous and idiotic.



I don't bother anymore. Too many stupid people in football...



For me, keeping the core or the vast majority of your team and squad is far more important than buying players who come with all sorts of potential problems to the status quo. Look at Spuds, I read a lot of nonsense about them going backwards because they have not bought this and that. This is pure and absolute rubbish. Spuds have done very well this window so far, because they are holding on to their players. They have sold one player that did not make much of a difference to them last season when he stopped performing because they had a good understudy in Trippier. They got Walker for a ridiculous sum of money, giving them the option to go get another FB. So what is the big deal? Indeed, I go as far as to say, Spuds keeping their players and grooming players from the Academy who understand and know the system is actually a far better recipe for continued success in the top than buying players. I know this only too well because I am an Arsenal supporter who saw us use the same system to stay in the top 4 for 20 years, it is only when we started buying a lot of players, we lost stability and continuity, this is another reason why we did not finish in the top 4 last season.

The facts cannot be disputed, go and do a study of teams that have won the EPL in the last 20 years, only on the odd occasion (Arsenal 1997/98 and Mourinho 1st Chelsea team) has a team who brought in more than 4 players won the league. Title winning teams are built on stability and continuity. The longer you keep your players together, the better your chances of winning the league. Even on the odd occasions when a teams that had bought more than 4 players won the league, the teams already had a core group of players. The Arsenal team is well documented, the Chelsea team had finished 2nd to the 'Invicibles' the season before.

But suddenly social media has given this idiocy and mentality of the transfer window. I see it all over CE and words cannot describe the contempt I have for such ill informed and idiotic supporters.


I think you might want to convince the Sheikhs at Etihad for example that there are more important things than buying many players.
But i suspect at this point in time they prefer buying and buying, because maybe they have looked at Real Madrid spending 200million odd in one transfer window and substantial amounts thereafter and although it didn't work instantly it laid the foundations for their recent successes in CL, Ronaldo and Alonso were bought in that window.
The Sheikhs did say recently that this time they want a quadruple including the Champions League trophy.
So maybe the Arsenal or Spurs may not be too appealing, they haven't won the league in many years and don't do very well in Europe.
Chelsea indeed had a time when they were buying a lot almost every window and it brought them titles and a CL and Europa.
Man United has always spent big but then Ferguson was a very huge factor.
Fans we all just follow from what goes on in the pitch and off it.
But your points are valid mate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 43444
Man Utd have spent more money on transfers than any team out there. So not sure what the usual suspects are yapping about

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23670
Quote:
I think you might want to convince the Sheikhs at Etihad for example that there are more important things than buying many players.
But i suspect at this point in time they prefer buying and buying, because maybe they have looked at Real Madrid spending 200million odd in one transfer window and substantial amounts thereafter and although it didn't work instantly it laid the foundations for their recent successes in CL, Ronaldo and Alonso were bought in that window.
The Sheikhs did say recently that this time they want a quadruple including the Champions League trophy.
So maybe the Arsenal or Spurs may not be too appealing, they haven't won the league in many years and don't do very well in Europe.
Chelsea indeed had a time when they were buying a lot almost every window and it brought them titles and a CL and Europa.
Man United has always spent big but then Ferguson was a very huge factor.
Fans we all just follow from what goes on in the pitch and off it.
But your points are valid mate.

Of course Wafi is being purposely disingenuous. I mean his whole argument is arbitrary and narrow.

1st, You buy players to improve your team longterm. Not just for the upcoming seasons, but for many upcoming seasons. So when someone says analyze the data, no one who has ever bought more than 4 has ever won. The initial response that comes to mind is- And so? Perhaps we intend to win 3 of the next 4.

By the way in 1 years time when the 7 incoming are now part of the core and we only need to add 3 player. Wouldn't having gotten 7 now increase our chances of winning it then? Rather than buying 5 in 2 desperate years ( and according to Wafi "have no historic chance"), by buying 7 the 1st year, you exponentially increased your chances in the 2nd year, when you'd need only 2 or 3.

2nd, Wafi's theories are bullshit as usual. A cursory glance at the facts will suggest Leicester brought in: Huth, Fuchs, Bemaloune, Inler, Kante, Okazaki, Amartey, and Demaray Gray. Yeah, if you are counting, that's 8. So much

How about Chelsea?
Fabregas, Costa, Remy, Luis, Drogba, Cuadrado: Oops More than 4 again :taunt:

How about 2013/14
Jovetic, Fernandihno, Navas, Negredo, and Demichelis. Carp more than 4 again :( Damn!

In short, teams who bought four or less are the abberation. Another example of Wafi turning facts on its head :taunt:


Anyway.... Just saying.... House Lanister will do what house Lanister must. Haters don't matter. Only trophies do. :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:23 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 29875
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Mscheeew Spastic, just admit you are trying to buy the trophy. No need for epistle. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25555
Levy dropping sense


Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy says Premier League transfer spending is unsustainable


Chairman Daniel Levy has defended Tottenham's lack of transfer activity this summer and claimed the spending by other Premier League clubs is unsustainable.

More than £850m has been spent by top-flight sides in the transfer window, which ends on 31 August.

But Tottenham, who sold Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £45m this month, have not made any signings.





"We have a duty to manage the club appropriately," said Levy.

"Some of the activity that is going on at the moment is just impossible for it to be sustainable.

"Somebody spending £200m more than they're earning, eventually it catches up with you. And you can't keep doing it."

Accountancy firm Deloitte said Premier League sides are on course to surpass the record £1.165bn they spent last summer.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho said last week: "I'm used to clubs paying big for big players. Now everybody pays big money for good players."



.

Walker's departure aside, Spurs have retained the same squad that finished second to Chelsea in the league last season.

The club are in the process of building a new 61,000-seat stadium, which is expected to cost £750m and is scheduled to open next year.

Speaking at a Nasdaq Q&A in New York, Levy said: "Obviously when you're building a stadium of this magnitude and it all has to be privately financed - there's no state help whatsoever - it is a challenge.

"We have to find the right balance but I can honestly say it is not impacting us on transfer activity because we are not yet in a place where we have found a player that we want to buy who we cannot afford to buy."

Mauricio Pochettino's side, who are in the United States on their pre-season tour, beat French champions Paris St-Germain 4-2 at the weekend, with 17-year-old midfielder Tashan Oakley-Boothe playing 45 minutes.

Levy said: "Our position on transfers is that we have a coach who very much believes in the academy, so unless we can find a player that makes a difference we would rather give one of our young academy players a chance.

"The academy is important because if we produce our own players we don't have to spend £20m or £30m on a player.

"An academy player has that affinity with the club and that's what the fans want to see."

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6286
YUJAM wrote:
Man Utd have spent more money on transfers than any team out there. So not sure what the usual suspects are yapping about


Thank you.
And Manchester United has the most titles in the premier league, it's not a coincidence, most of the British transfer records were broken during Ferguson s reign.

So you see where some fans are coming from :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6286
Waffiman wrote:


They are not done yet. :P :P :P :P


Allow me to amend this a bit. Corrections welcome.

Manchester City since 2014

Ederson 35M
Bravo 15M
Walker 50M
Stones 48M
Mangala 42M
Otamendi 38M
Mendy 52M
Danilo 27M
Silva 43M
Gundogan 20M
Nolito 14M
Sane 37M
Jesus 27M
Moreno 4.7M
Sterling 44M
Roberts 11M
Delph 8M
De Bruyne 55M
Bony 28M
Fernando 12M

Total 610million.

Manchester United since 2014

Di Maria £63m
Shaw £30m
Herrera £30m
Martial £50m
Schneiderlin £30m
Depay £30m
Pogba £90m
Mkhitarian £35
Bailly £30M
Lindelof 31M
Lukaku 75M
Darmian 12M
Bastian 6M
Rojo 16M
Blind 14M

Total 542 million.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6286
YUJAM wrote:
Man Utd have spent more money on transfers than any team out there. So not sure what the usual suspects are yapping about


And when you say Man United spent more than any team, when I check, since 1992 the Premier League era, City leads the race, followed by Chelsea then United.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6286
spastic wrote:
Quote:
I think you might want to convince the Sheikhs at Etihad for example that there are more important things than buying many players.
But i suspect at this point in time they prefer buying and buying, because maybe they have looked at Real Madrid spending 200million odd in one transfer window and substantial amounts thereafter and although it didn't work instantly it laid the foundations for their recent successes in CL, Ronaldo and Alonso were bought in that window.
The Sheikhs did say recently that this time they want a quadruple including the Champions League trophy.
So maybe the Arsenal or Spurs may not be too appealing, they haven't won the league in many years and don't do very well in Europe.
Chelsea indeed had a time when they were buying a lot almost every window and it brought them titles and a CL and Europa.
Man United has always spent big but then Ferguson was a very huge factor.
Fans we all just follow from what goes on in the pitch and off it.
But your points are valid mate.

Of course Wafi is being purposely disingenuous. I mean his whole argument is arbitrary and narrow.

1st, You buy players to improve your team longterm. Not just for the upcoming seasons, but for many upcoming seasons. So when someone says analyze the data, no one who has ever bought more than 4 has ever won. The initial response that comes to mind is- And so? Perhaps we intend to win 3 of the next 4.

By the way in 1 years time when the 7 incoming are now part of the core and we only need to add 3 player. Wouldn't having gotten 7 now increase our chances of winning it then? Rather than buying 5 in 2 desperate years ( and according to Wafi "have no historic chance"), by buying 7 the 1st year, you exponentially increased your chances in the 2nd year, when you'd need only 2 or 3.

2nd, Wafi's theories are bullshit as usual. A cursory glance at the facts will suggest Leicester brought in: Huth, Fuchs, Bemaloune, Inler, Kante, Okazaki, Amartey, and Demaray Gray. Yeah, if you are counting, that's 8. So much

How about Chelsea?
Fabregas, Costa, Remy, Luis, Drogba, Cuadrado: Oops More than 4 again :taunt:

How about 2013/14
Jovetic, Fernandihno, Navas, Negredo, and Demichelis. Carp more than 4 again :( Damn!

In short, teams who bought four or less are the abberation. Another example of Wafi turning facts on its head :taunt:


Anyway.... Just saying.... House Lanister will do what house Lanister must. Haters don't matter. Only trophies do. :biggrin:


Yeah, i think a team like City has very high ambitions arguably far fetched, the board are talking about a quadruple and acting on the transfer market to signal their intent. It will be left to Pep to deliver the last leg of that. They have seen Madrid do it before. That Arsenal model meh, who would want to follow that except for midtable and bottom half teams content with breaking into top 4 :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruako1, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mystic, oloye, Sheikh and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group