Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3960
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
spastic wrote:
House Lanister :D

Who is Jadon Sancho? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

One of the fearsome foursome that has been terrorizing the U18 league.

Sancho, Diaz, Poveda and Foden ( bathe kid who was terrorizing Herrera).

Don't worry, he won't leave. But true, small clubs like Arsenal and Dortmund would eventually poach our youth products just like we currently do to Barca. It's harder to make it into the first team at City than it is at these clubs.

Hopefully Sancho stays, but if he doesn't, wish him the best :D

Hearing rumours he has signed for Arsenal, some say close to signing for Arsenal. But there is an almighty struggle for his signature. Spuds also very interested. I saw him once when he was at Watford and thought he is one to watch. Then I heard City nicked him, and he now wants out because he does not think City will give him a chance. Some claims of him being homesick. But this kid grew up next to the Arsenal Colney training ground and he is a London boy. I think he will join Arsenal or Spuds.

If Sancho is as good as Foden, then I take him right now.


Does he also love Wenger's voice? And will only play for Arsene? And loves Arsene more than his mama? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3960
YUJAM wrote:
Man Utd have spent more money on transfers than any team out there. So not sure what the usual suspects are yapping about


Prove it! No one believes anything you say anymore because you are like Guillem Balague-- you bury yourself deep inside Guadiola's buttocks that you are prepared to destroy your reputation for your master.

Your master outspent Europe last year, and won nothing! This year again, he has outspent everybody...checkbook manager. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23579
airwolex wrote:
Mscheeew Spastic, just admit you are trying to buy the trophy. No need for epistle. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We are buying a chance at winning the trophy. Those who don't buy, never win :taunt:

The notion that we should be ashamed is laughable. We retired 4 fullbacks and a goalie. What did folks think we were going to do? Sit back and be on par with Everton. Even Everton is buying. Outside of the "White Walkers," everyone else buys... So I guess the whinging here is because we are buying more than you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some of y'all are strange as hell. Of course we buy. Just like everyone else. We buy bigger and buy better. And finally if we don't win it, we'll buy more next year :twisted: if you don't like it, go buy your own and stop us. That's what the smart teams are doing :taunt:


House Lanister! 8-)

Loving the hate. But ballers are ALWAYS going to ball :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12558
spastic wrote:
Some of y'all are strange as hell. Of course we buy. Just like everyone else. We buy bigger and buy better. And finally if we don't win it, we'll buy more next year :twisted: if you don't like it, go buy your own and stop us. That's what the smart teams are doing :taunt:


House Lanister! 8-)

Loving the hate. But ballers are ALWAYS going to ball :taunt:

Spending money has replaced finishing fourth as the losers' trophy of choice. Enjoy your balling. :lol: :lol:

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 6325
According to my sources, Man City is not yet done spending. In fact, they are barely getting warmed up.

Manchester City are making a late bid to try to complete a world-record transfer for Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe, sources have told ESPN FC.
City are moving quickly to seal a potential £160 million (€180m) move for the 18-year-old France international with Real Madrid also desperate to conclude a deal.
Spanish newspaper Marca has reported that Real and Monaco have an agreement in principle at that price for the teenager.
But City are prepared to match any offer and any deal for the French star is certain to break the world record £89m spent by Manchester United for Paul Pogba last summer.
Mbappe has become the most sought-after striker in Europe after a brilliant season with Monaco, which saw them win the Ligue 1 title for the first time in 17 years and reach the semifinals of the Champions League.


With Ronaldo and Messi aging, teams are willing to pay a fortune to get the next best thing.
Middle Eastern billionaire ain't going to be stopped by $$$. Neymar, Mbappe, ... whatever ... they are willing to spend to get their man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23579
bepanda wrote:
According to my sources, Man City is not yet done spending. In fact, they are barely getting warmed up.

Manchester City are making a late bid to try to complete a world-record transfer for Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe, sources have told ESPN FC.
City are moving quickly to seal a potential £160 million (€180m) move for the 18-year-old France international with Real Madrid also desperate to conclude a deal.
Spanish newspaper Marca has reported that Real and Monaco have an agreement in principle at that price for the teenager.
But City are prepared to match any offer and any deal for the French star is certain to break the world record £89m spent by Manchester United for Paul Pogba last summer.
Mbappe has become the most sought-after striker in Europe after a brilliant season with Monaco, which saw them win the Ligue 1 title for the first time in 17 years and reach the semifinals of the Champions League.


With Ronaldo and Messi aging, teams are willing to pay a fortune to get the next best thing.
Middle Eastern billionaire ain't going to be stopped by $$$. Neymar, Mbappe, ... whatever ... they are willing to spend to get their man.

I pray they do. And then when they are done shattering the transfer record, I pray they go on and buy Tyrone Mings for 35 million pounds just so they can loan him out to to Brighton with an option for Brighton to buy at 4.5 million :taunt: Give all y'all bean counting flappers something to really flap about. Nonsense :twisted:

House Lanister :sneaky:
Loving the hate :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23579
The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
Some of y'all are strange as hell. Of course we buy. Just like everyone else. We buy bigger and buy better. And finally if we don't win it, we'll buy more next year :twisted: if you don't like it, go buy your own and stop us. That's what the smart teams are doing :taunt:


House Lanister! 8-)

Loving the hate. But ballers are ALWAYS going to ball :taunt:

Spending money has replaced finishing fourth as the losers' trophy of choice. Enjoy your balling. :lol: :lol:

Oh we will. And then we'll go on and win the regular season too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 19019
Location: Chiraq

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40400
King Futcha wrote:


:rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73223
Location: Earth
King Futcha wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: see Congo, bottom line, when Kompany goes down, they are finished.

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3960
spastic wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
Some of y'all are strange as hell. Of course we buy. Just like everyone else. We buy bigger and buy better. And finally if we don't win it, we'll buy more next year :twisted: if you don't like it, go buy your own and stop us. That's what the smart teams are doing :taunt:


House Lanister! 8-)

Loving the hate. But ballers are ALWAYS going to ball :taunt:

Spending money has replaced finishing fourth as the losers' trophy of choice. Enjoy your balling. :lol: :lol:

Oh we will. And then we'll go on and win the regular season too.



:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6163
spastic wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Mscheeew Spastic, just admit you are trying to buy the trophy. No need for epistle. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We are buying a chance at winning the trophy. Those who don't buy, never win :taunt:

The notion that we should be ashamed is laughable. We retired 4 fullbacks and a goalie. What did folks think we were going to do? Sit back and be on par with Everton. Even Everton is buying. Outside of the "White Walkers," everyone else buys... So I guess the whinging here is because we are buying more than you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some of y'all are strange as hell. Of course we buy. Just like everyone else. We buy bigger and buy better. And finally if we don't win it, we'll buy more next year :twisted: if you don't like it, go buy your own and stop us. That's what the smart teams are doing :taunt:


House Lanister! 8-)

Loving the hate. But ballers are ALWAYS going to ball :taunt:


But many Arsenal fans did mention that over the years the club wasn't spending as much because they were building Emirates stadium. Which was a fair point. But no doubt if Arsenal had the ability they would spend like City to try and get back into the big time as soon as possible.

I have also heard some say that the Glazer takeover held United back a bit on the transfer market as there was that 500million debt in 2005 to repay, a lot of money at that time.
Propagators of that theory say that imagine if United didn't have to repay that debt, it would be the undisputed kings.
All this is open for debate :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46158
spastic wrote:
Quote:
I think you might want to convince the Sheikhs at Etihad for example that there are more important things than buying many players.
But i suspect at this point in time they prefer buying and buying, because maybe they have looked at Real Madrid spending 200million odd in one transfer window and substantial amounts thereafter and although it didn't work instantly it laid the foundations for their recent successes in CL, Ronaldo and Alonso were bought in that window.
The Sheikhs did say recently that this time they want a quadruple including the Champions League trophy.
So maybe the Arsenal or Spurs may not be too appealing, they haven't won the league in many years and don't do very well in Europe.
Chelsea indeed had a time when they were buying a lot almost every window and it brought them titles and a CL and Europa.
Man United has always spent big but then Ferguson was a very huge factor.
Fans we all just follow from what goes on in the pitch and off it.
But your points are valid mate.

Of course Wafi is being purposely disingenuous. I mean his whole argument is arbitrary and narrow.

1st, You buy players to improve your team longterm. Not just for the upcoming seasons, but for many upcoming seasons. So when someone says analyze the data, no one who has ever bought more than 4 has ever won. The initial response that comes to mind is- And so? Perhaps we intend to win 3 of the next 4.

By the way in 1 years time when the 7 incoming are now part of the core and we only need to add 3 player. Wouldn't having gotten 7 now increase our chances of winning it then? Rather than buying 5 in 2 desperate years ( and according to Wafi "have no historic chance"), by buying 7 the 1st year, you exponentially increased your chances in the 2nd year, when you'd need only 2 or 3.

2nd, Wafi's theories are bullshit as usual. A cursory glance at the facts will suggest Leicester brought in: Huth, Fuchs, Bemaloune, Inler, Kante, Okazaki, Amartey, and Demaray Gray. Yeah, if you are counting, that's 8. So much

How about Chelsea?
Fabregas, Costa, Remy, Luis, Drogba, Cuadrado: Oops More than 4 again :taunt:

How about 2013/14
Jovetic, Fernandihno, Navas, Negredo, and Demichelis. Carp more than 4 again :( Damn!

In short, teams who bought four or less are the abberation. Another example of Wafi turning facts on its head :taunt:


Anyway.... Just saying.... House Lanister will do what house Lanister must. Haters don't matter. Only trophies do. :biggrin:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny enough, both of you have completely skipped my point. My point was how the modern fan now seem to believe you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. but both of you for some reason have gone on a completely different tangent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My broda Spastic na the funniest of the lot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just look how defensive he has gotten on City's spending. But I have not for one word criticised or attacked City's spending.

Having said that, let me digress. Yes you buy players to improve your team and all teams do including financially doped ones like City. The point I made which you missed because you were being so defensive is all about spending in one window - the summer window. The odd examples I gave are of teams which won the league after considerable outlay in the summer before they won the league. Going by the logic of those who now see the window as some kind of trophy, ManU have won the last 2 summer windows, they did not win the league. red specifically to teams which spent

Leicester had a group of players that were together for over 2 seasons. They got the majority those players in the Championship and in 2 other windows that followed. They did not buy all the players you mentioned in the summer window before they won the league. The same applies to Chelski and City players you have mentioned.

My overall point is, as opposed to the mentality and belief of the modern social media football fan that gets carried away with spending big, Pep's immense spending this summer does not guarantee City will win the league, indeed going by winners of the league in years gone by, it suggests the winner of the league will be that team that has continuity and stability with its core players by this I mean, the team that makes the least changes to the first team from the previous season. The fact is, new players usually take time to settle in, and this league is notorious for not being kind to new introductions to the team. It goes without saying that the more changes you make the more your chances of dropping points increases. It must also be said that some players settle into a team very quickly, City will need a lot of those if Pep is to avoid dropping points earlier on.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6163
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny enough, both of you have completely skipped my point. My point was how the modern fan now seem to believe you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. but both of you for some reason have gone on a completely different tangent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My broda Spastic na the funniest of the lot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just look how defensive he has gotten on City's spending. But I have not for one word criticised or attacked City's spending.

Having said that, let me digress. Yes you buy players to improve your team and all teams do including financially doped ones like City. The point I made which you missed because you were being so defensive is all about spending in one window - the summer window. The odd examples I gave are of teams which won the league after considerable outlay in the summer before they won the league. Going by the logic of those who now see the window as some kind of trophy, ManU have won the last 2 summer windows, they did not win the league. red specifically to teams which spent

Leicester had a group of players that were together for over 2 seasons. They got the majority those players in the Championship and in 2 other windows that followed. They did not buy all the players you mentioned in the summer window before they won the league. The same applies to Chelski and City players you have mentioned.

My overall point is, as opposed to the mentality and belief of the modern social media football fan that gets carried away with spending big, Pep's immense spending this summer does not guarantee City will win the league, indeed going by winners of the league in years gone by, it suggests the winner of the league will be that team that has continuity and stability with its core players by this I mean, the team that makes the least changes to the first team from the previous season. The fact is, new players usually take time to settle in, and this league is notorious for not being kind to new introductions to the team. It goes without saying that the more changes you make the more your chances of dropping points increases. It must also be said that some players settle into a team very quickly, City will need a lot of those if Pep is to avoid dropping points earlier on.


I did not miss your point. I did acknowledge that you have a point.

It's not that transfer window guarantees a league title, it's just that when you see your club buying more exciting players you have higher hopes going into the next season.
No doubt you personally will be excited if Lemar and Mbappe sign foe Arsenal this summer window, it simply means you will be a better team.

As for Pep, it all starts when some here said he will revolutionize English football last season, so to see him buying like crazy, it's worth paying attention to for some of us, maybe that's the actual revolution :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46158
pajimoh wrote:
Levy dropping sense


Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy says Premier League transfer spending is unsustainable


Chairman Daniel Levy has defended Tottenham's lack of transfer activity this summer and claimed the spending by other Premier League clubs is unsustainable.

More than £850m has been spent by top-flight sides in the transfer window, which ends on 31 August.

But Tottenham, who sold Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £45m this month, have not made any signings.


"We have a duty to manage the club appropriately," said Levy.

"Some of the activity that is going on at the moment is just impossible for it to be sustainable.

"Somebody spending £200m more than they're earning, eventually it catches up with you. And you can't keep doing it."

Accountancy firm Deloitte said Premier League sides are on course to surpass the record £1.165bn they spent last summer.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho said last week: "I'm used to clubs paying big for big players. Now everybody pays big money for good players."



.

Walker's departure aside, Spurs have retained the same squad that finished second to Chelsea in the league last season.

The club are in the process of building a new 61,000-seat stadium, which is expected to cost £750m and is scheduled to open next year.

Speaking at a Nasdaq Q&A in New York, Levy said: "Obviously when you're building a stadium of this magnitude and it all has to be privately financed - there's no state help whatsoever - it is a challenge.

"We have to find the right balance but I can honestly say it is not impacting us on transfer activity because we are not yet in a place where we have found a player that we want to buy who we cannot afford to buy."

Mauricio Pochettino's side, who are in the United States on their pre-season tour, beat French champions Paris St-Germain 4-2 at the weekend, with 17-year-old midfielder Tashan Oakley-Boothe playing 45 minutes.

Levy said: "Our position on transfers is that we have a coach who very much believes in the academy, so unless we can find a player that makes a difference we would rather give one of our young academy players a chance.

"The academy is important because if we produce our own players we don't have to spend £20m or £30m on a player.


"An academy player has that affinity with the club and that's what the fans want to see."


Whilst I agree with your Chairman's sentiment on spending. I take issue with his talk of Academy players because the proof is not on the pitch.

Levy is talking absolute BS when he claims Academy is important and his Coach believes on the Academy. According to a study recently done on use of Academy players in the 1st team, Spuds does not feature amongst the top. Indeed, when you look at it closely, all this Spuds talk of Academy and English is the biggest BS and lie going on football.

Have a look at this link:

http://news.sky.com/story/arsenal-top-c ... s-10955298

Quote:
The top six teams in the league - Chelsea, Tottenham, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United - all finished in the bottom eight in terms of minutes played by UK-developed players.


Levy should stop undermining himself with false statements, he should say we do have one or two Academy players and we are looking to bring more in nest season. All this talk about Academy players having more infinity with the club, when you only have one (Harry Kane) coming from your Academy as a regular in your first team is BS and a blatant lie.

Of your Academy players (Those players who joined Spuds before their 17 birthday according to FA rules) Here is the break down:

Winks is not regular or starter.

Onomah hardly featured in the 1st team or subs.

So why is Levy telling falsehoods and rapping from the crack of his arse. He is giving a false perception of the Spuds Academy as some sort of success, which it is not and is far from the truth. He is a facking lair.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 pm
Posts: 9075
spastic wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Mscheeew Spastic, just admit you are trying to buy the trophy. No need for epistle. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We are buying a chance at winning the trophy. Those who don't buy, never win :taunt:

The notion that we should be ashamed is laughable. We retired 4 fullbacks and a goalie. What did folks think we were going to do? Sit back and be on par with Everton. Even Everton is buying. Outside of the "White Walkers," everyone else buys... So I guess the whinging here is because we are buying more than you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some of y'all are strange as hell. Of course we buy. Just like everyone else. We buy bigger and buy better. And finally if we don't win it, we'll buy more next year :twisted: if you don't like it, go buy your own and stop us. That's what the smart teams are doing :taunt:


House Lanister! 8-)

Loving the hate. But ballers are ALWAYS going to ball :taunt:


:rotf: That's the whole point why everybody is mocking City. No one mocked Barca when they spent the money on Neymar or Madrid when they bought Ronaldo etc. People usally only laugh when there is huge discrepancy between money spent and success (since Hamburg is my favorite club I can actually relate)

_________________
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:35 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46158
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Walker is 27 and Trippier makes his sale less painful. Clubs cannot keep the players that want out but you can get top money for them. Unfortunately this is the way things are now. That I why the new stadium and the ability to pay top mo ey is important otherwise you just have to define your ambitions - get into Europe my making top four, buy cheap and sell high. If you win something then it's a bonus. Clubs are spending over 300m on defence alone when a team I the premiership don't even cost that much.


This is the point I made in one of Spurs' game thread and Cristao said I was wrong. Holding unto a player is hard as is especially for a club in the class of Arsenal and Spurs without sugar daddy. When you add the mad market coupled with Stadium building venture, you face an uphill battle to pay 'competitive' wage.

In as much as I try to make fun of Spurs, I think they are unto the right blend of a coach with mindset of young players infusion, Levy with the right attitude and skillful(solid) players who seem to like each other. The young players will do well if introduced early enough but there will always be that growing pain associated with the jump.


For years, Arsenal were mocked and placed under pressure. Spuds don't have to deal with any such pressure. If Spuds came under the same pressure, they will crumble. The press are already making the excuses for Spurs, but Wenger was vilified for adopting the same strategy of not spending money the club did not have.

Do you remember how the press made it a huge thing and it was all over the net when Arsenal went all those years without winning a trophy? Spuds and a Liverpool have gone way beyond the time period Arsenal did, but do you hear a word from them? I certainly do not hear a thing from CEs who jumped on the bandwagon then about Spuds or Pool.


Abeg leave Spurs out of this one. We have expectations and would like to win the leaque. You coming here and making it seems like we just roll with the days and lack ambition is typically WAFIMANISM - ALL HOT AIR


https://twitter.com/Nigerianscamsss/status/890328323485818881
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Conte, telling it like it is.

Quote:
‘My question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

‘Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United and, I don’t know, Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team. If Barcelona does not compete for the title it’s a tragedy. The same for Real Madrid. If Sevilla does not compete for the title it’s not a tragedy.

‘They can breathe and think in a different way. You can judge the others, but the others must fight to win the title.’
question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

‘Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United and, I don’t know, Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team. If Barcelona does not compete for the title it’s a tragedy. The same for Real Madrid. If Sevilla does not compete for the title it’s not a tragedy.

‘They can breathe and think in a different way. You can judge the others, but the others must fight to win the title.’


Pa Jimoh. How body? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Conte is not the only one, let's face facts, expectation levels at Spuds don't match the levels at the top clubs. Never have, never will. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23579
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny enough, both of you have completely skipped my point. My point was how the modern fan now seem to believe you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. but both of you for some reason have gone on a completely different tangent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My broda Spastic na the funniest of the lot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just look how defensive he has gotten on City's spending. But I have not for one word criticised or attacked City's spending.

Having said that, let me digress. Yes you buy players to improve your team and all teams do including financially doped ones like City. The point I made which you missed because you were being so defensive is all about spending in one window - the summer window. The odd examples I gave are of teams which won the league after considerable outlay in the summer before they won the league. Going by the logic of those who now see the window as some kind of trophy, ManU have won the last 2 summer windows, they did not win the league. red specifically to teams which spent

Leicester had a group of players that were together for over 2 seasons. They got the majority those players in the Championship and in 2 other windows that followed. They did not buy all the players you mentioned in the summer window before they won the league. The same applies to Chelski and City players you have mentioned.

My overall point is, as opposed to the mentality and belief of the modern social media football fan that gets carried away with spending big, Pep's immense spending this summer does not guarantee City will win the league, indeed going by winners of the league in years gone by, it suggests the winner of the league will be that team that has continuity and stability with its core players by this I mean, the team that makes the least changes to the first team from the previous season. The fact is, new players usually take time to settle in, and this league is notorious for not being kind to new introductions to the team. It goes without saying that the more changes you make the more your chances of dropping points increases. It must also be said that some players settle into a team very quickly, City will need a lot of those if Pep is to avoid dropping points earlier on.

I did not miss your point at all, nor am I being defensive... I saw your 2 points but focused on the one that could be fact checked and challenged.

You thinking the modern fan believes they've won trophies in the summer, was an opinion. It's a rumpled up opinion that's probably an exaggeration and false, but since there was no way to objectively show you were wrong, I ignored it.

However, I could objectively show your "4 players or less" statement was false. So I chose to point that out and ignore the opinion.

House Lanister :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25123
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Walker is 27 and Trippier makes his sale less painful. Clubs cannot keep the players that want out but you can get top money for them. Unfortunately this is the way things are now. That I why the new stadium and the ability to pay top mo ey is important otherwise you just have to define your ambitions - get into Europe my making top four, buy cheap and sell high. If you win something then it's a bonus. Clubs are spending over 300m on defence alone when a team I the premiership don't even cost that much.


This is the point I made in one of Spurs' game thread and Cristao said I was wrong. Holding unto a player is hard as is especially for a club in the class of Arsenal and Spurs without sugar daddy. When you add the mad market coupled with Stadium building venture, you face an uphill battle to pay 'competitive' wage.

In as much as I try to make fun of Spurs, I think they are unto the right blend of a coach with mindset of young players infusion, Levy with the right attitude and skillful(solid) players who seem to like each other. The young players will do well if introduced early enough but there will always be that growing pain associated with the jump.


For years, Arsenal were mocked and placed under pressure. Spuds don't have to deal with any such pressure. If Spuds came under the same pressure, they will crumble. The press are already making the excuses for Spurs, but Wenger was vilified for adopting the same strategy of not spending money the club did not have.

Do you remember how the press made it a huge thing and it was all over the net when Arsenal went all those years without winning a trophy? Spuds and a Liverpool have gone way beyond the time period Arsenal did, but do you hear a word from them? I certainly do not hear a thing from CEs who jumped on the bandwagon then about Spuds or Pool.


Abeg leave Spurs out of this one. We have expectations and would like to win the leaque. You coming here and making it seems like we just roll with the days and lack ambition is typically WAFIMANISM - ALL HOT AIR


https://twitter.com/Nigerianscamsss/status/890328323485818881
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Conte, telling it like it is.

Quote:
‘My question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

‘Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United and, I don’t know, Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team. If Barcelona does not compete for the title it’s a tragedy. The same for Real Madrid. If Sevilla does not compete for the title it’s not a tragedy.

‘They can breathe and think in a different way. You can judge the others, but the others must fight to win the title.’
question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

‘Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United and, I don’t know, Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team. If Barcelona does not compete for the title it’s a tragedy. The same for Real Madrid. If Sevilla does not compete for the title it’s not a tragedy.

‘They can breathe and think in a different way. You can judge the others, but the others must fight to win the title.’


Pa Jimoh. How body? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Conte is not the only one, let's face facts, expectation levels at Spuds don't match the levels at the top clubs. Never have, never will. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

So Conte knows the expectation level at Spurs? Why is Conte commenting on Dpurs? Because refuse to sell or because he expects us to be a threat to his ambitions? In any case, those who are spending are justifying why they spend and those can't spend are justifying why they can't.
Spurs are in a unique position, unlike the money clubs that can pay good money to keep players happy warming the bench, which top player would want to play second fiddle to the likes of Kane, Lloris, Toby, Jan, Erikssen, Alli, Rose etc on the wages Spurs are offering?
The fallacy is thinking because we are not spending as much as the top 4, we are not under pressure. Different type of pressure, maybe but Conte's job is infinitely made easier because he can also go out and buy the best but he's never going to mention that

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 1483
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:
Walker, Mendy, Danilo

Pep Guardiola has declared war on all foes in football


The idiocy of the modern fan is to think you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. It is ridiculous and idiotic.


I am not questioning what you just stated but your angle. You have been defending a club which is woeful in the transfer market, making bid after bid and failing now here you are attacking other clubs for what your club has been trying to do but never succeeding. Are they guilty of signing players for exorbitant prices or for actually achieving what your club is failing to do?

Please don't use that excuse that there is no proof of arsenal ever making those bids coz they never stated it in the media.....just listen to your manager who is more famous for actually failing to sign his targets than actually signing them


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46158
spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny enough, both of you have completely skipped my point. My point was how the modern fan now seem to believe you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. but both of you for some reason have gone on a completely different tangent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My broda Spastic na the funniest of the lot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just look how defensive he has gotten on City's spending. But I have not for one word criticised or attacked City's spending.

Having said that, let me digress. Yes you buy players to improve your team and all teams do including financially doped ones like City. The point I made which you missed because you were being so defensive is all about spending in one window - the summer window. The odd examples I gave are of teams which won the league after considerable outlay in the summer before they won the league. Going by the logic of those who now see the window as some kind of trophy, ManU have won the last 2 summer windows, they did not win the league. red specifically to teams which spent

Leicester had a group of players that were together for over 2 seasons. They got the majority those players in the Championship and in 2 other windows that followed. They did not buy all the players you mentioned in the summer window before they won the league. The same applies to Chelski and City players you have mentioned.

My overall point is, as opposed to the mentality and belief of the modern social media football fan that gets carried away with spending big, Pep's immense spending this summer does not guarantee City will win the league, indeed going by winners of the league in years gone by, it suggests the winner of the league will be that team that has continuity and stability with its core players by this I mean, the team that makes the least changes to the first team from the previous season. The fact is, new players usually take time to settle in, and this league is notorious for not being kind to new introductions to the team. It goes without saying that the more changes you make the more your chances of dropping points increases. It must also be said that some players settle into a team very quickly, City will need a lot of those if Pep is to avoid dropping points earlier on.

I did not miss your point at all, nor am I being defensive... I saw your 2 points but focused on the one that could be fact checked and challenged.

You thinking the modern fan believes they've won trophies in the summer, was an opinion. It's a rumpled up opinion that's probably an exaggeration and false, but since there was no way to objectively show you were wrong, I ignored it.

However, I could objectively show your "4 players or less" statement was false. So I chose to point that out and ignore the opinion.

House Lanister :D :D


You must be a Tory politician. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note my words. The point I made which you missed because you were being so defensive is all about spending in one window - the summer window, not spending over the course of 2 to 3 windows plus.

The odd examples I gave (Arsenal and Chelsea) are of teams which won the league after considerable outlay in the summer before they won the league. Arsenal brought in 5 players in the summer of 1997, whilst Chelsea brought in 9 players in the summer of 2004, the majority of the players were foreign players and they went into the first team making a significant impact in winning the league.

Leicester had a group of players that were together for over 2 seasons. They got the majority those players in the Championship and in 2 other windows that followed. Leicester did not buy all the players you mentioned in the summer of 2015. Indeed only 2 players bought (Huth and Kante) were regulars in the first team the next season and Huth already had EPL experience. The same applies to the Chelski and City players you have mentioned.

My overall point is, as opposed to the mentality and belief of the modern social media football fan that gets carried away with spending big, Pep's immense spending this summer does not guarantee City will win the league, indeed going by winners of the league in years gone by, it suggests the winner of the league will be that team that has continuity and stability with its core players by this I mean, the team that makes the least changes to the first team from the previous season. The fact is, foreign players usually take time to settle in, and this league is notorious for not being kind to new introductions to the team. It goes without saying that the more changes you make the more your chances of dropping points increases. It must also be said that some players settle in quickly, but this is not the norm.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 46158
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:
Walker, Mendy, Danilo

Pep Guardiola has declared war on all foes in football


The idiocy of the modern fan is to think you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. It is ridiculous and idiotic.


I am not questioning what you just stated but your angle. You have been defending a club which is woeful in the transfer market, making bid after bid and failing now here you are attacking other clubs for what your club has been trying to do but never succeeding. Are they guilty of signing players for exorbitant prices or for actually achieving what your club is failing to do?

Please don't use that excuse that there is no proof of arsenal ever making those bids coz they never stated it in the media.....just listen to your manager who is more famous for actually failing to sign his targets than actually signing them

Conte, like everyone in football knows the expectation level at every club. Unless, you are maybe a Spuds supporter who refuses to acknowledge this fact.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 1483
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:
Walker, Mendy, Danilo

Pep Guardiola has declared war on all foes in football


The idiocy of the modern fan is to think you win the league in the summer window. Transfers have replaced trophies for the majority of social media football supporters. These supporters now use transfers and money spent as a kind of tool of one upmanship against one another. It is ridiculous and idiotic.


I am not questioning what you just stated but your angle. You have been defending a club which is woeful in the transfer market, making bid after bid and failing now here you are attacking other clubs for what your club has been trying to do but never succeeding. Are they guilty of signing players for exorbitant prices or for actually achieving what your club is failing to do?

Please don't use that excuse that there is no proof of arsenal ever making those bids coz they never stated it in the media.....just listen to your manager who is more famous for actually failing to sign his targets than actually signing them

Conte, like everyone in football knows the expectation level at every club. Unless, you are maybe a Spuds supporter who refuses to acknowledge this fact.


What I asked you got nothing to do with me being a spurs fan(I know you know pretty well that am neither) or Conte but I can see what you trying to do and I am gonna highlight the question.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bully12, Cito, Google [Bot] and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group