Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
chei and some folks dey blame chinese..... kyle 50m...... na wa

Sorry to see him go but Trippier is not a bad deputy. Poch will be able to solve Walker's void.

That's the spirit plus the 50M doesn't hurt either. Meanwhile, what's your take on the Dier to ManU rumors?

Personally, I like Dier's game. He's the utility player. He can cover many positions from MF to the back 4. I'd be surprised if Poch let him leave unless he's got a replacement that will offer even more than Dier. But football is also business. We are building and 100m from 2 players is 1/8 of the stadium cost

I agree. Definitely one of the most underrated players in the league. I don't expect to see him at ManU either but with ManU's financial muscle anything is possible.

Now Spuds have a good team, can they keep their good players? This is key because Agents do not have any time for sentiment. Players these days rarely have time for sentiment. As a Gooner, I know this only too well, not only did we sell our best players for the best part of 10 years, we also missed out on top players in the same period. It is one thing bringing in good players or even developing them, it is another thing entirely to keep them when they have proven themselves in the league.

Bottomline is Spuds do not pay wages of a top 4 team. Go read the last set of Accounts of the top 6. The top 4 in terms of wages were, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Arsenal were 5th, Spuds 6th. But the difference between Spuds and the rest is considerable. Arsenal had a wage of £195m in 5th, Liverpool had a wage bill of £208m in 4th, whilst Spuds in 2nd place in the league had the 6th highest wage bill of £160m. A brilliant achievement, but the differential in wages is too big to keep their best players. I know this only too well from Arsenal's expereince.

Players will take care of number one and for Spuds over 2 to 3 seasons (last season was the 2nd season), if the budget differential is too big, it will be impossible for them to keep their players. Spuds have got to the level where their best players want to be paid like the other players at that the same level. For example, Walker knows his worth, if he does not, his Agent knows it is his job to let him know this. All the Agent has to do is say, look at Luke Shaw, your England team mate. How much is he earning? If Luke Shaw can command a basic wage of £170k per week, why can't you? Is he better than you? Is he worth more than you? Then, the Agent will point to the player who he competes with for the England RB spot - Nathaniel Clyne. How can it be that Clyne is earning more than Walker? Clyne is said to earn over £90k per week plus bonuses, but Walker's Agent in his quest to get Walker out of Spuds and let the whole world know that his player is on less than £70k per week plus bonuses at Spuds. This despite the fact that the same Agent, only just recently just agreed the deal with Spuds. Goes to show you how much a contract is worth these days. Fact is, a contract is only there to protect the club in that you get the highest transfer fee for the player. The contract no longer stops a determined player from leaving. We hear Walker is being offered a basic of over £150k per week by City - that is more than double what he currently earns at Spuds. Sadly, for Spuds, this is just the beginning. When Walker post his first wage slip on 'WhatsApp' for his Spuds ex-team mates to see, then reality will strike and the Agents of the other top players will go into over drive to get similar wages for their clients. That is the reality of the modern game.

Exactly and why I am in support of a football salary cap. I am happy with the club's focus on developing youth players. The moment Spurs turns on 'cheat mode', I stop supporting the club. Walker's move annoys me because I expected more loyalty from him than the flimsy excuse of being homesick for the North. It also annoys me because it explains the shiite performances we were getting out of him at the latter end of the season. I will trust the manager in his decision and it means that Poch feels that Kyle Walker-Peters is more than ready. Walker should have looked to Bale and Modric who we advised to wait a year and then get a move to a bigger club and in their case this panned out very well. But as you said, there is no loyalty between players and club.

On spending the money well, I am more than pleased with how Spurs spent the Bale money - Eriksen and Lamela have proven their weight in gold. We also got good monies for selling the remaining five. The club that makes me laugh is Liverpool. Rodgers came out all guns blazing saying they wouldnt waste the Suarez money poking fun at Spurs and yet ...

If Dier decides to go as well, I will not lose any sleep. The only worry I will have is if Alli decides to follow his best friend. As mentioned, his greatest strength is utility but that is also his greatest weakness. Wanyama and Dembele are better CMs/DMs. Toby, Jan and Wimmer (IMHO) are better defenders. Trippier is a better RB.

It is clear to me what Jose's and Pep's tactics are in this transfer window and that is to unsettle Spurs' players.
Here is me not wishing Walker well - homesick for the North indeed ... :roll: :roll:

PS On the wage bill stuff, certain clubs pay their first team players more than Spurs - Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle (before relegation), Everton .. Spurs have a small first team squad as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You have always been a very emotional boy. You think Jose and pep give a foook about your cursed tin pot club?? Grow up! Look at Juventus! They sold their best defender to AC Milan! Chelsea sold their best player to Man United (Mata), Arsenal sold their best player (Van Persie) to Man United. Big clubs dont have to thump chest! Only small clubs say stuff like "We wont be bullied" :lol: :lol: :lol: thats a small club mentality! If a club comes in for your player, you make a choice:

1. Can I do without him? If you can, state your fooking price and replace his assssssss; or

2. Can I do without him? If you cannot, tell the big club, sorry he isnt for sale!

Simple as that! All this beating your little chest talking nonsense about "Levy wont sell to a rival" "Levy is a master negotiator" "Levy levy levy!" your club needs to grow up!

Jose and Pep do not give a damn about your club. They want to win and are chasing players that will help them win. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:15 pm 

https://twitter.com/BallStreet/status/8 ... 7457799170

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:55 am 

pajimoh wrote:
Walker is 27 and Trippier makes his sale less painful. Clubs cannot keep the players that want out but you can get top money for them. Unfortunately this is the way things are now. That I why the new stadium and the ability to pay top mo ey is important otherwise you just have to define your ambitions - get into Europe my making top four, buy cheap and sell high. If you win something then it's a bonus. Clubs are spending over 300m on defence alone when a team I the premiership don't even cost that much.

Now, you see why I argued on the Kelechi rumor thread that for Spurs to aim to play 60+ games this season or even next season is not realistic nor advisable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:18 am 

danfo driver wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You have always been a very emotional boy. You think Jose and pep give a foook about your cursed tin pot club?? Grow up! Look at Juventus! They sold their best defender to AC Milan! Chelsea sold their best player to Man United (Mata), Arsenal sold their best player (Van Persie) to Man United. Big clubs dont have to thump chest! Only small clubs say stuff like "We wont be bullied" :lol: :lol: :lol: thats a small club mentality! If a club comes in for your player, you make a choice:

1. Can I do without him? If you can, state your fooking price and replace his assssssss; or

2. Can I do without him? If you cannot, tell the big club, sorry he isnt for sale!

Simple as that! All this beating your little chest talking nonsense about "Levy wont sell to a rival" "Levy is a master negotiator" "Levy levy levy!" your club needs to grow up!

Jose and Pep do not give a damn about your club. They want to win and are chasing players that will help them win. :roll:

bus conductor smacking up some sense.

Cristao i'm so dissapointed. When did you become an Arsenal-like whine baby?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:34 pm 

Walker, Mendy, Danilo

Pep Guardiola has declared war on all foes in football

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:37 pm 

Their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Owiny Sigoma who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.