Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by Cristao II »

spastic wrote:btw, thanks for Kyle now please don't go buy Perreira with that money, as that will piss me off.
I would be more concerned with Pep's purchases if I were you. You arent pissed off that he has spent a quarter of a billion already? :???:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:Insisting that Leicester city was a mistake is comical. You'd rather expect less from your team just to justify why Leicester city beat Spurs to the title 2 yrs ago. Leicester city was not a mistake. It's clear and convincing evidence that even in the most unlikely scenario, winning is possible.
Chief, look at the past 5 to 29 seasons. You can see a pattern. Those who are perennial top 4 and those who are making steady progress. Then compare Leicesters win. You'd find out it's an anomaly. It is not systematic. It was not planned. The following season, they returned to their usual position. The reverse happened to Arsenal, dropping out of the top 4.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

What is remarkable to me is that no one has come in for Moussa Dembele...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:What is remarkable to me is that no one has come in for Moussa Dembele...
His age, probably but I'm glad no one has
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its a Goal wrote:BTW, Spurs has sold out season ticket to Wembly so it is going to be a packed house in all our home games :thumb:.

Packed house to see you muppets lose and lose :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Today all the rumors making the rounds was Ross Barkley heading to Spurs. I don't know he will be joining Spurs especially as Winks is now back on the mend and the midfield unit is still intact. My concern is the defense as we have CBs getting up there in age.

This is going to be the defining season for Janssen. He has to come correct or else he'll be gone in January.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Today all the rumors making the rounds was Ross Barkley heading to Spurs. I don't know he will be joining Spurs especially as Winks is now back on the mend and the midfield unit is still intact. My concern is the defense as we have CBs getting up there in age.

This is going to be the defining season for Janssen. He has to come correct or else he'll be gone in January.
As I said as far back as April, Spurs have approached Everton and Poch is desperate for him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Today all the rumors making the rounds was Ross Barkley heading to Spurs. I don't know he will be joining Spurs especially as Winks is now back on the mend and the midfield unit is still intact. My concern is the defense as we have CBs getting up there in age.

As I said as far back as April, Spurs have approached Everton and Poch is desperate for him.
Not that desperate enough to make him the highest paid player ahead of Kane. He can continue sitting his behind on Everton's bench. If he won't accept 70K then we don't need him.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

It seems Spurs' dithering has cost you to lose out on Foyth
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... phies.html

Kyle Walker claims Tottenham lacked 'the edge' to win trophies as he targets glory with Manchester City
Kyle Walker joined Manchester City last week and is targeting trophies
He narrowly missed out on the Premier League with Spurs in last two seasons
Walker says he moved to City for silverware and believes they have 'the edge'
New City defender says he will not be fazed by his £50million transfer fee

Kyle Walker believes Manchester City have 'the edge' that will enable him to win the trophies he missed out on at Tottenham.
The 27-year-old England right back joined City in a £50million deal from Spurs last week having not won a major piece of silverware during his eight years at White Hart Lane.
After narrowly missing out on the Premier League title in the last two seasons, Walker is convinced he has joined a club capable of delivering success.

'I feel, with the players and manager we've got, we need to start picking up silverware – that is what I came here for,' he said.
'I was unfortunate at Tottenham. We made it so close in the last two seasons, it was just that sometimes we were unlucky. Sometimes we just didn't have that little bit of edge.

But I am hoping with the players we have here. With the world class players we have here, we will have that edge and go and lift a trophy, which is what I want to do in my career.

'I am not going to sit here and disrespect Tottenham one bit because what they have done for me over the years is fantastic and I am more than grateful. The way they have made the stepping stones in the right direction over the years I have been there is crazy. But it is a team. I am a Manchester City player now. I am fully focussed on that and picking up silverware with them.'

Speaking on City's pre-season tour of the US, Walker insisted that he will not be fazed by the big transfer fee and has no regrets that has left Spurs during one of the most promising periods in the club's recent history.

'Coming from Sheffield (United), moving down there when I was 19 to coming back up here for that amount of money… it is a big fee but it is nothing to do with me,' he said.

'I just have to play the game I have played in the last two seasons under Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham. That is what has got me to where I am now. I don't need to change anything, I just need to add to it and build on it and build on it in the right way.
'I feel this is the right step in my career, for me and my family, to come here and test myself against some of the best players in the world.

'This would have been my ninth season. Sometimes you need to come out of your comfort zone a little bit. Obviously with Tripps (Kieran Trippier) there, we pushed each other and played really well.

'But when you have been somewhere for nine years, I feel that I needed a new challenge. I feel this was the right club to come and challenge myself because the stepping stones they have made over the past years have been phenomenal. I wanted to be a part of it.'
Walker admitted that the opportunity to work under Pep Guardiola was a major factor in his decision to join City. He added: 'The manager was a big thing for me. I wanted to come and play under him.

'Working with Dani Alves and all the top players at Barcelona, plus (Philipp) Lahm at Bayern Munich, that was a big attraction for me. I feel he can give me some knowledge.

I'm not saying Mauricio Pochettino didn't because he catapulted my game. I just feel to get that little bit further, if I can take the knowledge off him and come and play here, it was an opportunity I could not turn down.
'I think it says it all in his name. The clubs he has worked at, the character, the trophies that he has won. It says it all about him as a person.

'Just working with him a few times on the training ground. He is really enthusiastic about what he wants to do. He has a plan in his head about where he wants us to be and how he wants us to play. I just think we need to buy into that and I am sure the trophies will follow.'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The irony being, City are nowhere near Champions League ready and in spite of their additions thus far, have yet to shield that soft under belly. In terms of trophy winning ability, yes they have improved their prospects, but are far from favourites.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:The irony being, City are nowhere near Champions League ready and in spite of their additions thus far, have yet to shield that tough under belly. In terms of trophy winning ability, yes they have improved their prospects, but are far from favourites.
One cannot deny Walker for wanting trophies. It's what he did not say, just as much as what he said one should focus on. Man City won nothing last season and finished behind Spurs. Maybe they have a better chance of lifting a trophy ahead of Spurs but that was what Walker was supposed to do for Spurs. Is he relying on other players at City to win it for him or is he saying other players at Spurs did not pull their weight?

In any case, he refused to mention the doubling of his wages as probably the major factor in his move. We all change employers to improve our remuneration. Walker failing to mention this as well as trophies is insincere.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

See this clown Walker saying nah trophies e dey go find :lol: :lol:

Ole just say you want the money ... no one would be mad at you :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Coach[/color] wrote: The irony being, City are nowhere near Champions League ready and in spite of their additions thus far, have yet to shield that tough under belly. In terms of trophy winning ability, yes they have improved their prospects, but are far from favourites.
One cannot deny Walker for wanting trophies. It's what he did not say, just as much as what he said one should focus on. Man City won nothing last season and finished behind Spurs. Maybe they have a better chance of lifting a trophy ahead of Spurs but that was what Walker was supposed to do for Spurs. Is he relying on other players at City to win it for him or is he saying other players at Spurs did not pull their weight?

In any case, he refused to mention the doubling of his wages as probably the major factor in his move. We all change employers to improve our remuneration. Walker failing to mention this as well as trophies is insincere.
KPOM. I don't blame him because he is 27 years already and the best he will be able to earn at Spurs will be $100K. The trouble is City's backline is a big suspect. Watching them play ManU showed how glaring a gap they have and Walker often found himself drifting into the middle rather than stay on the right.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tonight I am going to see our boys in against PSG :thumbs:. Hopefully there will be opportunity to get to meet some of the lads in person.

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:Tonight I am going to see our boys in against PSG :thumbs:. Hopefully there will be opportunity to get to meet some of the lads in person.
TO, I'll meet you at the stadium with your Arsenal jersey. 8-)
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Cristao II wrote:
spastic wrote:btw, thanks for Kyle now please don't go buy Perreira with that money, as that will piss me off.
I would be more concerned with Pep's purchases if I were you. You arent pissed off that he has spent a quarter of a billion already? :???:
I am :( Especially on some players I don't particularly like
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Coach wrote:The irony being, City are nowhere near Champions League ready and in spite of their additions thus far, have yet to shield that soft under belly. In terms of trophy winning ability, yes they have improved their prospects, but are far from favourites.
No $#% Sherlock :taunt:

You and this soft underbelly. The point of adding those players in the first place was to improve our prospects. While we are at it, it doesn't matter who. the favorites are. Its gonna be a battle and City wants to be there at the end
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Tonight I am going to see our boys in against PSG :thumbs:. Hopefully there will be opportunity to get to meet some of the lads in person.
Egbe oshi, oya come naw. I have enough Spurs areaboys ready to deal with you and that crappy thing you call a jersey :evil:. Anyway let me know when you are ready to pledge your allegiance and sign your supporters' club application :D.

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Tonight I am going to see our boys in against PSG :thumbs:. Hopefully there will be opportunity to get to meet some of the lads in person.
Egbe oshi, oya come naw. I have enough Spurs areaboys ready to deal with you and that crappy thing you call a jersey :evil:. Anyway let me know when you are ready to pledge your allegiance and sign your supporters' club application :D.
Shame on you! Na area boys u wan use to defend you? :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Live at the game :D. Spurs C team issuing bitterness France's most expensive team. Well they just equalized.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kyle Walker-Peters is decent as a backup for Trippier but not yet ready for the level he will be exposed to. N'Koudou is showing signs of brilliance at the right wing but fluffed his chance to make it 3-1. Carmeron-Vic Carter is coming along but not finished article. First half is meant to see what these young boys are capable of and considering it is the first game of the season I'm hopeful. I'll post some pictures later on.