Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by Its a Goal »

Routine win came along once first team got in on the action. The support level in this part of the world is unreal for Spurs.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Good to see Harry Winks back to full fitness and back in the team. Those left to return from injury are Son, Rose and Lamela.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Couldnt stay up for the friendly but watched several highlights.

Comments

- Good friendly. Not for the win but for making things clear to the coaching staff about the gap. It established one thing once more. First team great, second team wahala. The goals were lovely. Spurs have put together a team that is getting more dangerous as the players mature. One could argue that the red card changed the game but Spurs were able to demonstrate their quality in the attacking phase.

On Players - I will focus on the youth. It is great that Poch is maintaining the philosophy of using the academy to supplement the first team. I reckon his philosophy is 15-16 first team. Remaining space is 5-6 Academy products.

- Winks: He is back. Great news. I hope he comes back sharper.
- Onomah: Played with more intensity against his more laid back self. Word from training sessions is that Poch is playing him in the #4, #8, #10 positions to develop his skill set. It looks like #8 is his better position in CM. He is not a DM or AM. The bro has bulked up as well. Guess Dembele and Wanyama are his mentors.
- CCV: He is not ready. I can understand the pursuit of the Argentinian John Stones now. It is imperative that we keep Wimmer. Loan this guy out!!
- KWP: Also not ready. He reminds me of Kyle Walker when he first came. His positioning is wack. He is not ready for 1st or 2nd choice ball. I would give him a loan like Walker got to Aston Villa or Rose to Sunderland. Spurs need a RB to push Trippier. KWP is not that person yet.
- GKN: Good game. Keep on developing. Only concern is that he is a line winger not a cut-in winger which is Poch's preference.

On another note, nice to see Yuri Berchiche is doing well. He was released some while back but now he is at PSG.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Kyle Walker-Peters is decent as a backup for Trippier but not yet ready for the level he will be exposed to. N'Koudou is showing signs of brilliance at the right wing but fluffed his chance to make it 3-1. Carmeron-Vic Carter is coming along but not finished article. First half is meant to see what these young boys are capable of and considering it is the first game of the season I'm hopeful. I'll post some pictures later on.
COYS COYS COYS :thumb:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I forgot to mention TOB (Tashan) - another centre midfielder who was brought on as well. There are talents below the first team. My other worry is Janssen. This season is make or break for him.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:I forgot to mention TOB (Tashan) - another centre midfielder who was brought on as well. There are talents below the first team. My other worry is Janssen. This season is make or break for him.
Janssen need to score goals these pre season games
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Kyle Walker-Peters is decent as a backup for Trippier but not yet ready for the level he will be exposed to. N'Koudou is showing signs of brilliance at the right wing but fluffed his chance to make it 3-1. Carmeron-Vic Carter is coming along but not finished article. First half is meant to see what these young boys are capable of and considering it is the first game of the season I'm hopeful. I'll post some pictures later on.
Wetin be coy coy? Na Madam Coy Coy you dey try talk? :?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
So you know Walker left Spurs last year before he was actually sold but you don't know what COYS means? Yeye danfo tout :tic: COYS is far better than COYG, used by those useless noise makers on this site :twisted:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
So you know Walker left Spurs last year before he was actually sold but you don't know what COYS means? Yeye danfo tout :tic: COYS is far better than COYG, used by those useless noise makers on this site :twisted:

My brother, I no know all these things. Like Man Utd fans dey always finish their sentence with GGMU. I have 0 idea what that means. I been think sey na "yemu" dem wan tok before. Now, una dey tok coy coy... then Americans begin talk MAGA.... I don taya. :sad:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

COYS:"Come On You Spurs"
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Christian Eriksen is happy Tottenham are ignoring the Premier League's obsession with gargantuan transfer fees.

Mauricio Pochettino has not yet brought in any new faces this summer as their rivals spend big, with Eriksen believing the club learnt lessons after misusing a world-record fee for Gareth Bale in 2013.

Of the seven players signed that summer on the back of Bale's switch to Real Madrid, only Eriksen and Erik Lamela remain on Tottenham's books

For the Dane, those mistakes serves as proof that huge summer outlays can be detrimental.

'It's an English thing, isn't it?' Eriksen said. 'It's an English thing where you have to spend money to win something apparently.

'When I came here there were seven new players at the same time and you saw how that ended. The last few seasons we haven't bought as many players and it's changed around. Of course you have to have a philosophy, a plan and it looks like we have one.

'If you buy a lot of players everyone needs to know what is going on straight away and be a bit lucky. We are lucky at Spurs at the moment. Everybody knows what's going on and what needs to be done.'

Eriksen, speaking after holding a Q&A with 20 Special Olympics athletes in Orlando, stressed that Tottenham cannot look at relocating to Wembley as a potential excuse.

'You take one season at a time but everyone knows we have been very close the last two seasons,' he added.

'In that time something has been brewing and now this is the third season with the manager to become even better than we were.'

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

White Walkers!!!! One of the few teams I dread in the Prem. :thumb:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:White Walkers!!!! One of the few teams I dread in the Prem. :thumb:

Coward #November
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

spastic wrote:White Walkers!!!! One of the few teams I dread in the Prem. :thumb:
All heart and team spirit.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I was sat among the Tampa fans group and boy do those guys know how to party :D. Wifey, who is not exactly a football fan, was singing along to all the songs :biggrin:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:Couldnt stay up for the friendly but watched several highlights.

Comments

- Good friendly. Not for the win but for making things clear to the coaching staff about the gap. It established one thing once more. First team great, second team wahala. The goals were lovely. Spurs have put together a team that is getting more dangerous as the players mature. One could argue that the red card changed the game but Spurs were able to demonstrate their quality in the attacking phase.

On Players - I will focus on the youth. It is great that Poch is maintaining the philosophy of using the academy to supplement the first team. I reckon his philosophy is 15-16 first team. Remaining space is 5-6 Academy products.

- Winks: He is back. Great news. I hope he comes back sharper.
- Onomah: Played with more intensity against his more laid back self. Word from training sessions is that Poch is playing him in the #4, #8, #10 positions to develop his skill set. It looks like #8 is his better position in CM. He is not a DM or AM. The bro has bulked up as well. Guess Dembele and Wanyama are his mentors.
- CCV: He is not ready. I can understand the pursuit of the Argentinian John Stones now. It is imperative that we keep Wimmer. Loan this guy out!!
- KWP: Also not ready. He reminds me of Kyle Walker when he first came. His positioning is wack. He is not ready for 1st or 2nd choice ball. I would give him a loan like Walker got to Aston Villa or Rose to Sunderland. Spurs need a RB to push Trippier. KWP is not that person yet.
- GKN: Good game. Keep on developing. Only concern is that he is a line winger not a cut-in winger which is Poch's preference.

On another note, nice to see Yuri Berchiche is doing well. He was released some while back but now he is at PSG.
You said it all, nothing to add :clap:.

I believe MoPo played CCV for political reasons, you know, please the American market. Unfortunately it was his error that lead to PSG's 1st goal. KWP lack of positional awareness was what lead to the breakaway causing the 2nd goal.

With or without the red card our first team was going to be more than match enough to beat PSG but it would have been a better workout for them to have played PSG at full strength.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: I forgot to mention TOB (Tashan) - another centre midfielder who was brought on as well. There are talents below the first team. My other worry is Janssen. This season is make or break for him.
Janssen need to score goals these pre season games
I feel sorry for Janssen because he just doesn't seem to have the kind of luck strikers normally get. He held up play nicely and gave the PSG defenders a thing or 2 to worry with his physicality. I was appreciative of fans singing for him to try and build up his confidence (He scores, he scores, Vincent Jansessen scores when he wants, he scores, he scores) :D.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Harry Kane thinks Tottenham is good enough to win title with current team
ESPN

Harry Kane believes Tottenham's lack of summer business reflects the organisation's belief that they are good enough to contend with essentially the same squad that finished second in the Premier League last campaign.

Spurs are in Orlando for their preseason camp and three friendly matches as part of the International Champions Cup, with the first on Saturday against Paris Saint-Germain at the Citrus Bowl.

And Kane, who finished as the top scorer in the league last year with 29 goals after scoring seven in his last two matches, said the team trust manager Mauricio Pochettino's transfer plans even if it means there won't be any new arrivals to the team.

"Yeah definitely we think the squad's good enough, you can see not many people have changed since last year," Kane said in an exclusive interview with ESPN FC TV. "We took It right to the end, but look the manager will make his decisions and there's still a long long time left in the transfer window so there's no need to panic or rush anything.

"I think it's clear you'd rather have no players than a player that ain't really right for your team, so I'm sure if the gaffer wants to get the person he wants to get in he'll take his time and make sure he gets who he wants.

"So yeah, from our point of view we're just here to work hard [knowing] the team we got is a special team that we've been playing with each other now for a few years, so it's important that we continue that chemistry."

Tottenham have had one high-profile departure, with Kyle Walker moving to Manchester City on a five-year deal that will add at least £45 million to Spurs' coffers.

Kane's England international teammate is set for a massive pay rise as part of the deal, but money isn't what motivates the Tottenham front man.

"No, not at all, football for me ain't about money and I don't think it's for a lot of players," Kane said. "It is what it is. People go to different clubs for different reasons.

"I'm very much at Tottenham because I love this club and I see it going in a great direction and I feel like we're one of the best teams in England and in Europe as well, so I'm excited for the future ahead."

The summer window has also been marked by a paucity of rumours linking Kane with a move away from his boyhood club, a reality he says comes from the fact that "everyone knows" where he wants to be.

"I'm a Spurs player and that's where I want to be for the foreseeable future," Kane said. "I have a great relationship with the manager. I have a great relationship with the fans, the club here, so there's no reason to change that.

"We're a team going in the right direction and again this year I expect us to be up there fighting for that title again and hopefully we can turn some our ambition into wins."

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

http://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip?id=3162328

Must watch interview with Harry Kane.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Youth players warming down after the match. Apparently they get different sessions from the 1st team players.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Not sure who these 2 lads are but they were getting special drilling sessions after the match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Harry Winks warming down.