Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote: Some of them were teenagers and not moe than 20 when they joined Spurs. You have about 30 odd players on loan. You keep telling us they are not Chelsea standard, which is fine, but you can't have it both ways. We use our players as some have argued, because they are our standard - but we use them and you don't use yours fo whatever reasons
That is the point he was trying to explain but feelings no gree spurs fans here proper word. Chelsea doesn't use theirs due to their goals/objectives/metrics for success being higher than Spurs. Spurs can finish second and everyone is happy but Ancelotti finished second a year after winning the League/FA Cup double and got fired. Due to the high expectation, the manager has little margin to trust unproven academy products beyond a game here or there. That is the reality of the CFC situation. So for their academy products to come through it requires a special player who is very patient but if you are good and young, you will want to play regularly but you won't get that at CFC for the aforementioned reasons. Look at Chelsea this season - Lost the opening game = CRISIS. Whereas compare to Spurs: Lose to CFC and draw to Burnley? No Crisis. Clearly an apples and oranges comparison in terms of expectation.
I'm mot sentimental and for whatever reason you don't use your young players is up to you guys. No skin off my nose. But don't start arguing that those using theirs were not produced by them when even the ones not produced by Chelsea are not being used either.
We use our because of our level and you refuse to use yours because of your level. No problem but the bottom line is WE USE OURS :tic: :tic: :tic:
It depends on what you define as young because chelsea has used young players in the 19 to 21 bracket frequently. Again, that was the crux of Emenalo's gripe to wit: You cannot give yourself a pat on the back for giving young players a chance - under the misconception of building through your academy - when said players were bought through the transfer market. If you get credit then clubs like chelsea that similarly bought players in the 19 to 21 yr old bracket should also get a pat on the back for using theirs but Chelsea doesn't. Clearly double standards.
Emenalo has his own definition and you'e defending your club just like I'm probably defending mine but we are not talking about "token use" here for one or two games or the cup matches. Players like Lennon, at 17 broke into the team and remained a few season until he was sold. Players like Rose and Walker came in at around 20, if my memory serves me correctly and stayed a long time. Players like Ali and Kane, Bale etc. Most of our players stay at least a season. We trust in youth because it's our policy and your policy is to buy the best and the best often comes with experience and age. I'm not knocking it. But don't ty and claim both grounds. We have to groom or buy young and cheap because we don't have your deep pocket. Chelsea buy phenomenal amount of young players but most never get a really good run in the team or become mainstay in the team. That is the reality. Spinning the yarn about whether they are academy gown or not is just muddying the waters.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Welcome Llorente

"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Welcome Llorente

not official yet :???:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anymore Levy surprise?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Nah not official yet. Some ribbing going on..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We've sold Will Miller to Burton

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cristao II wrote:We've sold Will Miller to Burton
Dele Alli is on his way To the Emirates. Spotted with a red shoe in one hand. :mrgreen:

Solid window from Spurs, you upgraded RB and CB. You still need help upfront though. That Chelsea game exposed the need for someone other than Son to help probe in attack.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

platinum wrote:
Dele Alli is on his way To the Emirates. Spotted with a red shoe in one hand. :mrgreen:

Solid window from Spurs, you upgraded RB and CB. You still need help upfront though. That Chelsea game exposed the need for someone other than Son to help probe in attack.
No weakness in the Spurs squad except inexperience and disgruntled Google using LBs.

Spurs team - 4-2-3-1 formation (1 GK, 2 FB, 2 CB, 2 CM, 3 AM, 1 ST)

GK - Lloris, Vorm, Gazzaniga

CB - Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth

FB - Rose, Trippier, Davies, Walker-Peters, Aurier

CM - Wanyama, Dembele, Dier, Winks

AM - Lamela, Sissoko, Son, Alli, Eriksen, N'Koudou

ST - Kane, Janssen, Llorente

Very good transfer window

Out - Njie, Wimmer, Fazio, Walker, McGee

In - Sanchez, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Gazzaniga

STRONG possibility of Barkley to Spurs and Janssen to Brighton.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
platinum wrote:

No weakness in the Spurs squad except inexperience and disgruntled Google using LBs.

from nought to five in one week. That's definitely a very fast transfer move :thumb: Levy Time
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It appears Janssen didn't leave afterall. Well done Levy for pulling off one of the best transfer windows Spurs has had in a long time.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Marcus Edwards also rejected a loan so hopefully he will get a chance to push for first team action this season.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I like Sanchez, Aurier (ESPECIALLY) and the experience of Llorente. :clap: :clap: :clap

I have heard of Foyth, but never watched him play, so i dont know/
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: I like Sanchez, Aurier (ESPECIALLY) and the experience of Llorente. :clap: :clap: :clap

So safe to say you are pretty pleased with our business :D. Is it also safe to say that you don't think Spurs is cursed any longer :P?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: I like Sanchez, Aurier (ESPECIALLY) and the experience of Llorente. :clap: :clap: :clap

So safe to say you are pretty pleased with our business :D. Is it also safe to say that you don't think Spurs is cursed any longer :P?

My brother, the curse wey dem use curse una strong pass any juju wey Aurier fit smuggle for im portmanteau enter England. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cristao II wrote:
platinum wrote:

It's the AM that I think you may struggle with. What's the deal with Pamela? Is he still interested in the sport? Sissoko? Be happy if he doesn't count as a debit to your season....plus he isn't a devastating attacker like say Son who can probe the wings and attack down the middle and importantly score. Nkoudou? Has he settled? Is he good enough?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Welcome Aurier. Hope you'll behave and not poison the d room. Oh, I hope you improve our defense and offensive game
Please dont listen to the nonsense about him. Wha has Aurier done? Look at all the English players who are drunk,attack people at clubs, are they not playing. As it is, you have now, for me, the best right back in the league.

Wayne Rooney has just been arrested for drink driving. How many times is that? Like i said, the English players in the EPL are the worst
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

platinum wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
platinum wrote:

It's the AM that I think you may struggle with. What's the deal with Pamela? Is he still interested in the sport? Sissoko? Be happy if he doesn't count as a debit to your season....plus he isn't a devastating attacker like say Son who can probe the wings and attack down the middle and importantly score. Nkoudou? Has he settled? Is he good enough?
I agree on AM. Lamela worries me. I doubt any fan knows the real deal unless they are close to him. Sissoko is not that bad and will settle. I am still hoping that we can land Gomes on loan although i feel it is very unlikely. Perhaps Poch is looking at Edwards/Shashoua/Sterling playing a bit part.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Edwards freekick against Dutch U20

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

For interested people - video of Spurs match vs. Man Utd at U-23 level

TL:DR - Spurs U23 beat the champions 3-0!

Some interesting notes:

Oliver Skipp promoted directly from U-16s to play the #4 role in this game.

Spurs continue practice of using the lower age group to play against more senior opposition so players like Sterling, Edwards, Maghoma are playing teams older than them.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:Spuds new stadium looking tight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html
Yep. I saw the retractable field and it was awesome :thumb:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Always innovating never imitating.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

:clap: :clap: :clap: