Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by Cristao II »

Been reading up the scout reports

http://transfernewscentral.com/2017/06/ ... n-sanchez/

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/04/27/ ... -defender/

Good transfer. He won the 2016 South American Young Player of the Year. A bit more expensive than I expected but he is clearly one who should improve in the future - He is presently not good enough to displace Dier, Toby or Jan as first choice unless he rapidly improves on his positioning. I dont think he can play at RB. I am hoping the club will announce a RB. This transfer says goodbye to CCV. He hasnt made the cut.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Danny Rose has a long way to go for Spurs fans to forgive him o!! CHEI!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I'm surprised Sanchez's medical has been completed. They better wrap this up fast then work on getting Foyth in quick.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:I'm surprised Sanchez's medical has been completed. They better wrap this up fast then work on getting Foyth in quick.
Heard reports that Foyth is set to join us instead of PSG because of Pochettino. Looks like both CCV and Wimmer are set to leave Spurs :)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Toby's contract will be done after transfer window according to some sources...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Until I hear from the club say Dem don spend money get dis bobo, I no go listen to anybody else. Since transfer window open, every player in the world dey try climb inside Spurs window but something just dey push Dem out or somebody else dey carry Dem go before leg land inside club.

Most na paper and agent talk
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:Until I hear from the club say Dem don spend money get dis bobo, I no go listen to anybody else. Since transfer window open, every player in the world dey try climb inside Spurs window but something just dey push Dem out or somebody else dey carry Dem go before leg land inside club.

Most na paper and agent talk
Not mention our dear friends in London and up North.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I agree Poch and I am a patient fan. We will get there!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ue-chelsea

Mauricio Pochettino welcomes the champions to Wembley on Sunday with a simple message. The Tottenham manager has guided his club to third- and second-placed league finishes in the past two seasons but failed to bring a trophy to White Hart Lane. The Argentinian is clear, however, that the only piece of silverware that will really satisfy his ambitions is the one that Chelsea currently hold.

“I need to explain what it means to win a trophy,” Pochettino says. “I want to win the Premier League. I don’t say that it’s not important to win the League Cup or the FA Cup or the Europa League. But for me every season Tottenham needs to have the possibility of winning the Premier League and of winning the Champions League. The two most important trophies. That is our challenge. If one day I am not capable of winning the Premier League with Tottenham or we don’t have the chance to win it, I would be disappointed.”

Pochettino is at pains to point out that he meant no disrespect to the domestic cups but it is also plain that, alongside the Europa League, he sees them as a different calibre of challenge from claiming the title of champions of England or Europe.

“Sometimes you can win the League Cup because of the draw,” he says. “Or the Europa League because the big clubs are more focused on other competitions. Sorry, with full respect, to win a trophy, for me, is to win the Premier League, or the Champions League.”

By making his priorities clear, Pochettino may be making a rod for his own back. Spurs are starting the season having just completed a deal for their first summer signing, the Ajax defender Davinson Sánchez. They are also about to begin a season-long tenancy at a ground where they lost three matches out of five last season.

On the other hand, his side have consistently exceeded expectations. He has some of the best young talent in Europe at his disposal, including Dele Alli and Harry Kane, included this week on Fifa’s Player of the Year longlist. The absence of silverware is the only criticism that can be levelled at the Argentinian during his three-year tenure at the club. He is making clear he wants to be judged on winning only the most prestigious.

“There’s often a lot of talk Tottenham need a trophy,” he said. “But no, we need a big trophy.”

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... o-maradona

Diego Maradona is always with Mauricio Pochettino. The Argentinian legend is seared into the Tottenham manager’s psyche and will be with him in spirit on Sunday afternoon when Chelsea visit Wembley in a deliciously early examination of his – and Antonio Conte’s – title ambitions.

But one crazy morning by the coast in 1994 when Pochettino and Maradona were supposed to be sharing a room as team-mates of Newell’s Old Boys, the World Cup-winning hero of a nation was nowhere to be seen. What transpired gave the young Pochettino a glimpse into the art of crisis management and dealing with star names and the attention they bring, even if the problems that transpired were off the scale when it comes to sheer and utter madness.

Danny Rose has spoken out about wage disparity while Spurs fans are showing discontent over a lack of summer signings. Finding out about a missing Maradona, who has been waving a gun about, is something else entirely.

“We were together in the room during pre-season in Mar del Plata,” recalls Pochettino. “I remember one day he started shooting the journalists in Argentina. The day before he was sleeping in my room. He loved basketball and went to see it in Mar del Plata – the final in the conference. And then, in the morning, I woke up and he wasn’t in bed.

“I then go to breakfast, the manager asked about him and I said: ‘No, no, no, he didn’t come back to the hotel.’ After breakfast we went to training. Nobody knew about Diego and at lunchtime it was breaking news on the television … Diego shoots journalists in Buenos Aires! Four hundred kilometres away!”

The incident that led to Maradona receiving a suspended sentence of two years and 10 months after injuring photographers and reporters preceded the disgraceful end of his international career – being thrown out of the 1994 World Cup after testing positive for drugs. Pochettino’s admiration, however, knows no bounds. “I love him,” he says. “I love everything about him. I knew Maradona, the real Maradona. We see him on the pitch and then there is his image. Outside it was crazy.

“But I promise you, if he arrived here and opened the door we’d all be in love with him. His energy, his personality – and he’s a person that when he’s with you he makes you feel the best. He’s so careful about the people around him. I learned a lot from him. He’s so careful about his people.”

Pochettino spent only a season in Maradona’s company before carving out a career-transforming move to Espanyol, where he stayed for six years before signing for Paris Saint-Germain. That year with El Diego was, however, enough for him to become transfixed and inspired in equal measure by one of football’s most polarising yet magical protagonists.

“It's so difficult in English to express myself and my emotion," Pochettino says. “I think I was one of the most happiest people in the world when I met him for the first time. Because it was a dream come true, but more than a dream.

“I remember always because I love football and [with] Maradona it was more than this. There was always a big picture on my wall where I sleep every day, every night I see him. When one day I meet him and then one day I share a room with him, it's an emotional feeling for me.”

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Toby ain't going nowhere this season. He is right to hold out on signing a new contract but there is no way MoPo is going to let him leave this window for any price.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Toby ain't going nowhere this season. He is right to hold out on signing a new contract but there is no way MoPo is going to let him leave this window for any price.
With 3 years left on his contract, we're not in goons situation where half their team contracts expire this summer
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dele Alli looks to change his agent ahead of a potentially money-spinning move away from Tottenham
Tottenham star Dele Alli has begun the process of changing representation
With a view to at least tripling his current £60,000-a-week-wages next summer
The 21-year-old is assessing his options with a view to moving agencies

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4qUlVEEOC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Dele Alli looks to change his agent ahead of a potentially money-spinning move away from Tottenham

You just love to make these spuds cry, don't you? :twisted:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Kane will move. Dele will move. In fact most of the players will not retire at Spurs. Until then the world continue to spin.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:D
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Kane will move. Dele will move. In fact most of the players will not retire at Spurs. Until then the world continue to spin.
Indeed. If it is money that drives a player, then he will leave Spurs if the richer clubs come in. Dele wants 180k a week 2-3 years after joining Spurs...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Indeed. If it is money that drives a player, then he will leave Spurs if the richer clubs come in. Dele wants 180k a week 2-3 years after joining Spurs...

You have to say he is giving you that worth or better in performance. I think he is worth that and more.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

balo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You have to say he is giving you that worth or better in performance. I think he is worth that and more.
No he isnt. What trophy has he won at Spurs? Best young player? Kane is on 110k and far more important to the team.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote:
balo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

No he isnt.

How dare he!!! Please ship him to SB. :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The problem with this dip clubs and their fans is, they complain money is spoiling the game. Young people are being paid too much. But they want all the other clubs best player to come to them.
Barcelona losing a player has shown any club can lose their best. It's all about money. But many will not know the joy of seeing an academy player be on a legend of the club. Either they don't grow them or give them enough time to become one.

Until they are no longer Spurs players, we'll enjoy their contribution to the team just as we have those before them and those still to come.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The fortification has begun starting with record signing Davinson Sanchez.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Next in was Paulo Gazzaniga who has taken the place of Pau Lopez.