Sixes Tourney - Spain 8 Nigeria 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Spicyee
Egg
Egg
Re: Sixes Tourney - Spain 8 Nigeria 1

Post by Spicyee »

Damunk wrote:
Spicyee wrote:Not surprising. I said on the other thread the Nigerian team selection is poor, especially offensively. This type of tourney requires more midfielders than traditional defenders. Sunday Oliseh, Mutiu Adepoju and Finidi George would have given so much balance to this team.
Aghahowa, Uche Okechukwu and Taribo West, unfortunately could not offer much.
Bottom line is that most were totally out of shape. I think they took it as a novelty tournament but others took it seriously. What were Okocha Snr, Uche Okechukwu and Taribo doing in the squad? Even Bbayaro sef.
Yakubu our best player was phoned up by Okocha on the morning of the first game and 53 year old Peter Rufai was our second best performer. And they seemed to be the fittest.
:agree:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...moving the goal post age wise. na who force dem to field over aged when others dey field underage :laugh:
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

I'm highly disappointed in the preparation of the team. These ex eagles came into this tournament out of every shape. It is fun, but at the minimum, show up prepared to entertain the fans.
Goldenera94
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

goldenera94 wrote:I'm highly disappointed in the preparation of the team. These ex eagles came into this tournament out of every shape. It is fun, but at the minimum, show up prepared to entertain the fans.
Dem choose demsevs?

Try go any play ground do Sunday-Sunday na so dem full... out of shape but insisting on playing.

Rufai and JJ still look good. Yak too... although I won't add him to the list as he was still playing until very recently.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
goldenera94 wrote:I'm highly disappointed in the preparation of the team. These ex eagles came into this tournament out of every shape. It is fun, but at the minimum, show up prepared to entertain the fans.
Dem choose demsevs?

Try go any play ground do Sunday-Sunday na so dem full... out of shape but insisting on playing.

Rufai and JJ still look good. Yak too... although I won't add him to the list as he was still playing until very recently.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very impressed with Rufai's shape. If we are to believe ageologists, the man should be in his 60's by now.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:How did oyibo end up keeping for Naija after Rufai got injured?
The tournament has a single backup keeper for any team that needs a keeper. Malik Taylor is the tournaments backup keeper.
Aha! Thanks! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dem choose demsevs?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very impressed with Rufai's shape. If we are to believe ageologists, the man should be in his 60's by now.
Rufai was actually amazing. I really had to do a double take in the first game when I saw how he was diving for low balls and keeping them out.
54 years old! Wow.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Carles Puyol

Gaizka Mendieta

Míchel Salgado

Pedro Contreras

David Albelda

Alfonso Pérez

Luis García

Fernando Morientes

Carlos Marchena

Joan Capdevila
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Oga JJ think say dribbling and showmanship na everything for football.
Now Espana don confirm say na team work the game be.
Kai, we don suffer well-well!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

EIGHT? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The tournament organizers no well. After five, dem supposed call time on the match. We are not accepting invitation any more.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Spain lost to France 2 to 5. Brazil lost to Denmark 2 to 4. France vs Denmark in final
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:EIGHT? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The tournament organizers no well. After five, dem supposed call time on the match. We are not accepting invitation any more.

berra be thankful that we didn't face Denmark...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

whoever started this thread is very unpatriotic.. :evil: he no see sey Aliens dey this site too? :twisted: E no know sey dem go take the score mock us? :curse:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

oh..na oga Yujam...its ok..he has roots in Ijebuland :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:Okocha should apologize to Nigeria for this disgraceful outing.
Apologize? He hasn't apologized yet for getting lost in London, for wasting 15 free kicks against S Leone, and for allowing Malian teenagers to destroy our midfield :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: He still hasn't apologized for that ridiculous outfit with so many pockets that he could not find his documents.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My belle-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

YUJAM wrote:Spain and other sides featured recently retired players while the average Nigerian player has been out of the game for close to 15 years. The fact that the Nigerian team did this well is a miracle. Rufai had to go off after spraining his wrist from a bulala from Salgado. Body no be firewood. Watching this was painful
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Old age no be "yoke," Even me dey feel my old age somtaims for hia
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Spain and other sides featured recently retired players while the average Nigerian player has been out of the game for close to 15 years. The fact that the Nigerian team did this well is a miracle. Rufai had to go off after spraining his wrist from a bulala from Salgado. Body no be firewood. Watching this was painful
Add on top the major age cutting this generation of players used to do, Yakubu is the only one that could somewhat keep up lol.
Thus what you are saying is our players are "probably" 100 years old - eh?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... but will we be invited "ever"again - is the question?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Add on top the major age cutting this generation of players used to do, Yakubu is the only one that could somewhat keep up lol.
Thus what you are saying is our players are "probably" 100 years old - eh?
:rotf: Nah not that old, but look at Uche bobo moving around like a 60 year old :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

To be honest, it would have been difficult for them to prepare...compared to the europeans and the brazilians. They live all over the world....for them to prepare, they would need to camp. Who's gonna pay for that? I read on this thread someone say one team was preparing for 3 months....for the eagles, that's virtually impossible. The players from more developed countries can easily pull this off....Nigerian players can't....they're much farther apart than the europeans
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Abeg leave JJ alone. Spain whacked Brazil 11-3 today.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

berra be thankful that we didn't face Denmark...
It would have been a goal a minute and it is a 20minute game. Kai, we dodged bullet there.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

When I saw Rufai in the list, I knew we would be in for a basket of gaol harvest...Why Jay Jay didn't select Ike Shorunmu or Alloy Agu, baffles me..
afc##