Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15083
Location: Super Eagles Homeland

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12193
Location: USA
Why switch to every 4 years?? Seems like Ahmad is kowtowing to the euro clubs

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 13439
deanotito wrote:
Why switch to every 4 years?? Seems like Ahmad is kowtowing to the euro clubs


Because teams can barely afford to make it every 2 yrs and the station is mostly empty.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 17233
Location: Ukwuani
Switching to every four years is not a good idea, but perhaps they have their reasoning for wanting to make the switch. Let's wait and see what the reasons are. On the other hand, why wanting to change the AFCON tournament to June? Is June not raining season for many West African nations?

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15083
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Odas wrote:
Switching to every four years is not a good idea, but perhaps they have their reasoning for wanting to make the switch. Let's wait and see what the reasons are. On the other hand, why wanting to change the AFCON tournament to June? Is June not raining season for many West African nations?


They had stated the reasons prior to Ahmad's election and it is clearly kowtowing to UEFA and FOFA. This was part of the deal with FIFA. The stated reasons is because of club v country conflict and having all the Confederations have their nations cup in the same cycle and month. Unfortunately, they did not address the weather or the financial doubts.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 23852
Location: your girls place
I'm starting to like this Ahmad guy. :)

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 13895
Location: Houston, Texas.
bret- hart wrote:
I'm starting to like this Ahmad guy. :)



There is hope for USA Soccer then???????????????

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 21121
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Why switch to every 4 years?? Seems like Ahmad is kowtowing to the euro clubs


Because teams can barely afford to make it every 2 yrs and the station is mostly empty.



:clap: :clap:
The damn thing at every 2 years it becomes meaningless. Lets have it every 4 years so we can actually miss it mot every 2 years where it becomes boring and too frequent

_________________
Nangu u Mandela- Chimora
https://youtu.be/SHtP_R3Rhn0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73637
Location: Earth
I accept every 4 years, I accept June and I accept 24 teams..now the tournament will be bigger and better..4 years os wonderful. .having the afcon every 2 years , water downs the competition. ..however ghana go suffer the baren jokes.

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73637
Location: Earth
bret- hart wrote:
I'm starting to like this Ahmad guy. :)

Me too...he has changed and brought our federation into the modern era

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45401
...every 4 years is economical at least, business wise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73637
Location: Earth
However why is cameroon being replaced?

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12080
Location: South London
This had to happen!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 3851
Eaglezbeak wrote:
This had to happen!

It will happen. One major issue I have is the cost of hosting 24 teams may be too high for many countries atm. If four venues can still be used then it's good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 31861
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:
Switching to every four years is not a good idea, but perhaps they have their reasoning for wanting to make the switch. Let's wait and see what the reasons are. On the other hand, why wanting to change the AFCON tournament to June? Is June not raining season for many West African nations?


They had stated the reasons prior to Ahmad's election and it is clearly kowtowing to UEFA and FOFA. This was part of the deal with FIFA. The stated reasons is because of club v country conflict and having all the Confederations have their nations cup in the same cycle and month. Unfortunately, they did not address the weather or the financial doubts.

I remember making these suggestions years ago regarding switching to the summer and having it in odd years. Yujam and I had a lengthy argument about it and I told him it was only a matter of time.

Four year cycle is good. We have the CHAN to substitute every other year.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 7661
Location: loughborough.
In the long run. It's smaller footballing nations that would suffer.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 3851
fabio wrote:
In the long run. It's smaller footballing nations that would suffer.
How? There is CHAN & more money at club competitions too. Smaller countries will be happier in my book.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45401
folem wrote:
fabio wrote:
In the long run. It's smaller footballing nations that would suffer.
How? There is CHAN & more money at club competitions too. Smaller countries will be happier in my book.
...yep, regional competitions can keep them busy till the big one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 3851
mcal wrote:
folem wrote:
fabio wrote:
In the long run. It's smaller footballing nations that would suffer.
How? There is CHAN & more money at club competitions too. Smaller countries will be happier in my book.
...yep, regional competitions can keep them busy till the big one.

True, especially COSAFA & CECAFA. UNAF/UAFA is quite busy too. WAFU currently not very active .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 7661
Location: loughborough.
folem wrote:
mcal wrote:
folem wrote:
fabio wrote:
In the long run. It's smaller footballing nations that would suffer.
How? There is CHAN & more money at club competitions too. Smaller countries will be happier in my book.
...yep, regional competitions can keep them busy till the big one.

True, especially COSAFA & CECAFA. UNAF/UAFA is quite busy too. WAFU currently not very active .

What is the record of the smaller countries in CHAN and club competitions?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41138
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:


As long as CHAN is every 2 years.

The price you pay for having most of your stars not playing locally.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 3851
fabio wrote:
folem wrote:
mcal wrote:
folem wrote:
fabio wrote:
In the long run. It's smaller footballing nations that would suffer.
How? There is CHAN & more money at club competitions too. Smaller countries will be happier in my book.
...yep, regional competitions can keep them busy till the big one.

True, especially COSAFA & CECAFA. UNAF/UAFA is quite busy too. WAFU currently not very active .

What is the record of the smaller countries in CHAN and club competitions?

You didn't answer the previous question.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 31815
Location: Somewhere
Every 4 years, and teams like Cameroon and Egypt won't boast of winning it 10 times :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Kai, so Ghana only gets one tiny chance every four years to end their winless streak?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 01bakana, charlie, Flex Swift, Google [Bot], omk, Rogba and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group