Azubuike to play champions league this coming season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Azubuike to play champions league this coming season

Post by oyek »

I feel great, proud to join Istanbul Basaksehir, says Azubuike Okechukwu
By Abdulquadir Adedapo - July 7, 2019 53 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter
tweet

Nigeria international, Azubuike Okechukwu has described his move from Egyptian side Pyramid FC to Turkish giants Istanbul Basaksehir as a great move that he is proud of, AOIFootball.com reports.

The former Dream Team VII captain, who spoke exclusively to AOIFootball.com, stated he was happy to have done well during his loan spell with Caykur Rizespor which has now guaranteed him a place in Europe’s premier competition next season.

“I feel great, proud of myself and thankful to God for this. It means I’m doing well and also means I have to work more.

“The Turkish League is strong and then it’s in Europe, so that’s why we have a lot of Nigerians coming into the league. I am just excited to be here and can’t wait to start playing,” Azubuike concluded.

The Rio 2016 Olympic bronze medalist impressed on loan at Caykur Rizespor last term, netting once and adding one assist to lift Rizespor from the brink of relegation as they finished 11th on the log following an impressive second half of the season.

The 22-year-old will now feature for the club in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers having finished second on the log behind winners Galatasaray.

http://aoifootball.com/2019/07/07/i-fee ... okechukwu/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Azubuike to play champions league this coming season

Post by vancity eagle »

He should be in Egypt ahead of John Ogu.

Rohr is too loyal to useless players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I said it after the Afcon list was released that he should have been included. Some people on here attacked me saying leave the coach alone. . Now our eyes are open when you see average players like Ogu playing for Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:He should be in Egypt ahead of John Ogu.

Definitely the likes of Ogu and Mikel won't be in the team after the AFCON is over. Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi, Azubuike + any young and upcoming midfield talent known and unknown would be the core of a budding new generation.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Azubuike is better than Etebo as a central midfielder.

ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Azubuike should have been in the SE mix as far back as after the Olympics
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Azubuike is better than Etebo as a central midfielder.
Based on this video you posted, he's not even close...looks below average to be honest...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

That call up after call up of John Ogu to the Eagles camp need to be investigated. Even Rohr is very corrupt!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Azubike is not in the SE beacause he's not good enough, thats all. He breaks up play well but does nothing else well enogh to be considered for a SE spot. he can't shoot, Can't create, too small to win aeriel duels reliably and is an ok passer at best. The likes of Esiti, Mikel Agu and many other are way ahead of him. Unless he developes a Kante like game he'll be watching SE on tv like the rest of us. The fact that vancity and ohenhen think he should be called up is a dead giveaway that the boy is useless.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Azubike is not in the SE beacause he's not good enough, thats all. He breaks up play well but does nothing else well enogh to be considered for a SE spot. he can't shoot, Can't create, too small to win aeriel duels reliably and is an ok passer at best. The likes of Esiti, Mikel Agu and many other are way ahead of him. Unless he developes a Kante like game he'll be watching SE on tv like the rest of us. The fact that vancity and ohenhen think he should be called up is a dead giveaway that the boy is useless.

And John Ogu is good enough? John Ogu must have developed a Kante like game since he is in camp!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Undertaker wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Azubike is not in the SE beacause he's not good enough, thats all. He breaks up play well but does nothing else well enogh to be considered for a SE spot. he can't shoot, Can't create, too small to win aeriel duels reliably and is an ok passer at best. The likes of Esiti, Mikel Agu and many other are way ahead of him. Unless he developes a Kante like game he'll be watching SE on tv like the rest of us. The fact that vancity and ohenhen think he should be called up is a dead giveaway that the boy is useless.

And John Ogu is good enough? John Ogu must have developed a Kante like game since he is in camp!
John Ogu might have had a down game liv Madagascar like every other player on the team but he's actually a very good DM/CM. The 3rd best Nigerian DM after Ndidi and Mikel. He passes very well, shields the ball well, scores and is a very good passer. Yes. He's wat better than Azubike.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

John Ogu might have had a down game liv Madagascar like every other player on the team but he's actually a very good DM/CM. The 3rd best Nigerian DM after Ndidi and Mikel. He passes very well, shields the ball well, scores and is a very good passer. Yes. He's wat better than Azubike.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Azubuike is a far better player than John Ogu and that's why all the big teams in Turkey were fighting for his signature.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Azubuike is a far better player than John Ogu and that's why all the big teams in Turkey were fighting for his signature.
Not possible. To be a Better player you have to have the skill set. Besides breaking up play what else does he do at above average level?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The truth is that Ogu does not have a bad skill set, nothing special but he is a decent passer, has a decent shot. His problem however is his lack of pace. In the modern game you cannot afford a player like Ogu, and especially not at the same time a player like Mikel is on the same pitch. Teams have realized this a long time ago. Unless the player is very special, which Ogu is definately not, there is no use for such a slow and awkward player.

Much of the modern game is about high pressing, winning the ball in midfield and initiating quick counter attacks.

To put it short John Ogu is useless in the modern game, especially if he is not playing AM, and he isn't good enough to be our AM as he is a poor man's Mikel.

We need players who will cover ground, high press, win balls. And if that player is not as good a shooter as Ogu, or isn't as good at passing, it really doesn't matter.

I will take Kingsley Michael, or Azuibikwe, Mikel Agu, Semi Ajayi, any day over Ogu.

Ogu is only there because Rohr is too nice of a guy, he seems to develop relationships with players and doesn't want to drop them even when better options are available. He did the same in Russia choosing Echijele over Aina which was a bone headed move.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:Azubuike is a far better player than John Ogu and that's why all the big teams in Turkey were fighting for his signature.
Not possible. To be a Better player you have to have the skill set. Besides breaking up play what else does he do at above average level?

believe it or not a major part of football is RUNNING.

If you cannot run and cover ground, you are basically useless, and that is why we got beaten by Madagascar who ran all over the pitch, collapsing our midfield which consisted of 2 old men who cannot run.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:

believe it or not a major part of football is RUNNING.

If you cannot run and cover ground, you are basically useless, and that is why we got beaten by Madagascar who ran all over the pitch, collapsing our midfield which consisted of 2 old men who cannot run.
Even at that he still won't make it. Onazi will be back soon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote:Azubuike is better than Etebo as a central midfielder.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

You sabi ball. :thumbs:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:He should be in Egypt ahead of John Ogu.

Fact
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley