Aiyenugba May Be Recalled to SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Aiyenugba May Be Recalled to SE

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive – Dele Aiyenugba Set For Shock Recall To Super Eagles Unless Enyeama Make …..
July 9, 2017061
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/09/ex ... eama-make/

Former Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper Dele Aiyenugba could be in line for a shock recall to the senior national team of Nigeria, owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Present first choice of the senior national team of Nigeria Carl Ikeme might be forced into a premature retirement as he has been diagnosed to be having acute Leukaemia, which has further deepens the goalkeeper crisis rocking the national team of Nigeria.

Coach Gernot Rohr used Daniel Akpeyi ‎in the absence of Ikeme, but the Chippa United man failed to impress in the Eagles last game against South Africa which ended 0-2 in favour of Bafana Bafana in Uyo in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Unsatisfied with Akpeyi’s display in the game, the coach is looking for experienced shot stopper ahead of Nigeria’s World Cup 2018 qualifiers back to back ‎game against Cameroon in August and September, as he believes Dele Alampasu isn’t ready yet for a game of that magnitude.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Aiyenugba May Be Recalled to SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

At this point ROHR has to throw Alampasu or Daniel in there if Vince refuses to come back.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is the perfect moment for Enyeama to announce his return to the national team.
It's pretty evident now that we have a serious goalkeeping crisis.

To think that a few months ago some people were yarning serious opaks, saying that we were 'covered' in that department. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279774
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Apart from Ikeme and Enyeama the other goalkeepers are baskets.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enyeama will do the Nigerian thing and turn up if Nigeria qualifies to the World Cup,the other goal keepers apart from Ikeme are trash!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:At this point ROHR has to throw Alampasu or Daniel n the fir of Vince refuses to come back.
Yeah throw him in so that so that he can officially earn the name apere! And then have his yet to start SE career savaged.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:At this point ROHR has to throw Alampasu or Daniel n the fir of Vince refuses to come back.
Yeah throw him in so that so that he can officially earn the name apere! And have his yet to start SE career savaged.
What do u suggest we do if Vince doesn't want to come back?
OCCUPY NFF!!
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Akpeyi and Daniel were both at olympics he was benched by Daniel.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At this point I'll take anybody over Akpeyi
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Anybody but Apkeyi.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Enyeama will do the Nigerian thing and turn up if Nigeria qualifies to the World Cup,the other goal keepers apart from Ikeme are trash!
If for any reason Enyeama doesn't come back now, he should never come back to the national team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Not good news. They are just being lazy now.

Aiyenugba was Enyeama's backup in Enyimba and he was mostly known as a good penalty stopper. He wasn't good enough in his prime. I doubt that he will be anywhere near good about a decade later.

Looks like Rohr is just looking for anyone playing outside the shores of Nigeria. While I believe the economics suggest that anyone good enough will be plying their trade outside Nigeria's shores, the GK situation may be a little different, especially if we are looking for the No. 3-10 best (very subjective) keepers.

I'll take the Femi Thomas I saw in the Rivers Utd loss to Club Africain over Akpeyi, Aiyenugba & Alampasu.

I think it is time to go on a Manu Garba like search of the NPFL and NNL. While you can never tell about how a young keeper may react on the big stage for the first time, we need to get a pool of 3-5 talented keepers we can build on.

The fact that our league is not on TV is really hurting us (armchair analysts :taunt: :taunt: ) right now.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

truetalk wrote:Not good news. They are just being lazy now.

Aiyenugba was Enyeama's backup in Enyimba and he was mostly known as a good penalty stopper. He wasn't good enough in his prime. I doubt that he will be anywhere near good about a decade later.

Looks like Rohr is just looking for anyone playing outside the shores of Nigeria. While I believe the economics suggest that anyone good enough will be plying their trade outside Nigeria's shores, the GK situation may be a little different, especially if we are looking for the No. 3-10 best (very subjective) keepers.

I'll take the Femi Thomas I saw in the Rivers Utd loss to Club Africain over Akpeyi, Aiyenugba & Alampasu.

I think it is time to go on a Manu Garba like search of the NPFL and NNL. While you can never tell about how a young keeper may react on the big stage for the first time, we need to get a pool of 3-5 talented keepers we can build on.

The fact that our league is not on TV is really hurting us (armchair analysts :taunt: :taunt: ) right now.
This is the main issue right here. Both Cameroon games are too big to give a goalkeeper or any player for that matter his first cap. At the same time, those available who have a few caps under their belt are not good enough. We are in a difficult position right now and I hope whatever decision Rohr makes works out for us. I don't envy the guy at the moment.
yes o
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:This is the perfect moment for Enyeama to announce his return to the national team.
It's pretty evident now that we have a serious goalkeeping crisis.

To think that a few months ago some people were yarning serious opaks, saying that we were 'covered' in that department. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279774
After checking to make sure I'm not one of the opak yarners in the previous thread :sneaky: I have to say there was nothing wrong with their views.

No one could have foreseen the unfortunate circumstances regarding Ikeme. In any case one has to question the inability of a whole country like Nigeria been unable to develop 3 or 4 decent goalkeepers.

Players are entitled to retie ans remain retired. It is up to the institutions to be forward thinking.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

O serious o , first time all CE are clueless with this goal keeping issue. we found Ikeme 2yrs ago then went to sleep in that position because He was good.

Shame no proper prospect to talk about or to give us a kind of confidence leading to Cameroon - . All we are doing is guess work with already known ones judging by their past abilities

we have a league in Nigeria, but no one can give decent and recent report of goalies performances- including our so called home coaches. A league that is barely televised on TV how do we what going on??

Irony is that Nigeria keeper does not have to be world class to compete with opponent in Africa for starters - just the height, bit of confidence and concentration - then he can grow into the role. Lets face it if the team and defence is solid Nigeria goal keeper don’t generally have to do much – just like the Brazilians who are not known for world class keepers but yet win world cups.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How quickly life can change. A couple of years ago most Nigerians said that this was the best GK group Nigeria had ever had (Vince, Ejide, Aiyegnugba, with Ikeme not even making the squad).

Now...we have to resort to begging Vince to come out of retirement.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sir V wrote:Apart from Ikeme and Enyeama the other goalkeepers are baskets.

KPOM KWEM.

Dem need to kidnap Enyeama sef abeg oh! dis one nah serious crises.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

metalalloy wrote:
Sir V wrote:Apart from Ikeme and Enyeama the other goalkeepers are baskets.

KPOM KWEM.

Dem need to kidnap Enyeama sef abeg oh! dis one nah serious crises.
Ejide was not bad too leading up to 2010 Wcup - after that not sure again
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't envy the position Enyema is right now. With a nation that canbe ungrateful and unforgiving..... He must think carefully before staking his legacy.
In nations that appreciate sacrifice and call to duty, this one invite that needs to begging to give heed to. But with a nation like ours where heroes are not even acknowledged....putting you legacy on the poker table is one heck of a gamble.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wiseone wrote:How quickly life can change. A couple of years ago most Nigerians said that this was the best GK group Nigeria had ever had (Vince, Ejide, Aiyegnugba, with Ikeme not even making the squad).

Now...we have to resort to begging Vince to come out of retirement.
A real disappointment if you ask me. With Vince leaving the team on his own, it would have been nice never to let him smell the team's Jersey again, especially when it is said (rumored) Coach Rohr had contacted him several times before and he refused to cooperate.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

We may not make the world cup/AFCON based on this alone..and if we do we wont pass round 1.....a young inexperienced team without a solid goalie/leader is just asking to be embarrassed..I mean..see the way bafana went about our goalie like Ikeja round about..if that doesn't prompt Nigeria to throw a thousand Idobales at Enyeama I don't know what does....
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

truetalk wrote:Not good news. They are just being lazy now.

...but goal keepers are like fine wine, they get better with age :biggrin:

What about Alampasu kid, probably grown now. He was good at youth level.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There was a goalkeeper that kept for us against Brazil in a u23 friendly prior to Olympics. The keeper was A1. Maybe, we can consider him