Kanu Offers To Help Convince Enyeama To Return To Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Kanu Offers To Help Convince Enyeama To Return To Eagles

Post by iworo »

Kanu Offers To Help Convince Enyeama To Return To Super Eagles, Wants Aiyenugba Back As Well

Former captain of the senior national team of Nigeria Kanu Nwankwo says he is willing to talk former Super Eagles goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama out of retirement to help Nigeria in the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers.

Nigeria is battling a mini goalkeeper crisis with first choice goalkeeper Carl Ikeme ruled out of a football for the foreseeable future after he was diagnosed with acute Leukaemia, while second choice Daniel Akpeyi failed to convince in the 0-2 loss to South Africa last month.

Home based shot stopper Ikechukwu Ezenwa appears not to have the trust of coach Gernot Rohr, while Dele Alampasu is possibly viewed by the coach as not experienced enough for the high profile games Nigeria have in the coming months.

Kanu who tagged Enyeama as world class believes the Lille shot stopper who has been frozen out of the first team set up at his French club by new coach Marcelo Bielsa still has what it takes to man the post for Nigeria .

He also said the coach should extend a call up to out of favour Daniel Aiyenugba, who has been mooted as a possible option if Enyeama opt against returning back to the team ahead of their upcoming games.

“As it is now we need Vincent badly. In my opinion, Enyeama should come back immediately,” the two-time African Player of the Year told KweséESPN. “Whoever is close enough to reach him should tell him to start coming back.

“Enyeama is very very good. He is one of the best players in Africa, and one of the best in the world. Let the federation look into it and do everything they can to bring him back.

“If Enyeama says he doesn’t want to come, people like us can talk to him, the federation too can talk to him. If a lot of people talk to him, I’m sure that definitely he will change his mind.

“And not just Enyeama, let us look at some of the other active goalkeepers too. If we have like four goalkeepers there training, there will be competition and the coach can have more options to make his decision.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/16/ka ... k-as-well/
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Kanu Offers To Help Convince Enyeama To Return To Eagles

Post by walesvilla »

Daniel Aiyenugba YES, Enyeama NO Leave him to enjoy his retirement abi.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

This Focus on Enyeama is becoming excessive in my opinion and it's not as if the Eagles never lost with Enyeama between the sticks.

Truth be told while Apkeyi seemed shaky at times against SA he wasn't directly at fault for any of the goals .

Rohr should simply focus on building the confidence of the Goalies he has while tightening up the defence and most importantly needs to figure out why against SA we failed to mount a single credible threat on Goal.

Methinks his focus should be on Victor Moses , not Enyeama. Heck at this point I would take Osaze back the way Osaze has been single handedly lighting up the scoreboard in Indonesia. If nothing else he will bring a mental edge
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

get own goal out of here..say no to own goal. #owngoalmustgo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

BAP wrote:This Focus on Enyeama is becoming excessive in my opinion and it's not as if the Eagles never lost with Enyeama between the sticks.

Truth be told while Apkeyi seemed shaky at times against SA he wasn't directly at fault for any of the goals .

Rohr should simply focus on building the confidence of the Goalies he has while tightening up the defence and most importantly needs to figure out why against SA we failed to mount a single credible threat on Goal.

Methinks his focus should be on Victor Moses , not Enyeama. Heck at this point I would take Osaze back the way Osaze has been single handedly lighting up the scoreboard in Indonesia. If nothing else he will bring a mental edge

:D Amusing how a few over-informed people know football more than King Kanu and other discerning pundits.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Dele Ajiboye, Olorunleke Ojo, Dami Paul, or Alampasu can all get the job done.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

BAP wrote:This Focus on Enyeama is becoming excessive in my opinion and it's not as if the Eagles never lost with Enyeama between the sticks.

na your face be this?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

na your face be this?
no..na Seruku Laulau trying to sneak back in :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Well said, I don't get our peeps here. They are rubbishing the guys that have been showing up when Enyeama hasn't even said he's interested. What is the point of having a team if they can't be trusted to finish the job? Yet if Enyeama shows up and dare shows rustiness, the knives will be all out for him. Rohr should trust the team that got him this far or look for another keeper not in retirement. Let them know that invitation to the national team even when you don't start is not for giggles.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

walesvilla wrote:Daniel Aiyenugba YES, Enyeama NO Leave him to enjoy his retirement abi.
Calamity Dele? Do you smoke weed?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote: ... Enyeama NO Leave him to enjoy his retirement abi.
Thanks a lot - my brother! Enyeama left on his own, he should walk back into the team on his own if he so desire, but to beg or talk to him, I'd say no! By the way, did coach Rohr not talk with Enyeama before and he rebuffed Rohr?
Last edited by Odas on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

BAP wrote: This Focus on Enyeama is becoming excessive in my opinion and it's not as if the Eagles never lost with Enyeama between the sticks.

KPAM and KPAM!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enyeama should stay away...if comes back and makes one mistake?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Honestly I blame Keshi for this mess. He was the coach long enough to have found a capable replacement for Enyema but he was stupidly and depravingly parading incompetent Agbim. It took Oliseh nothing to find a good substitute for Enyema. This fool that call himself Rohr is following the footsteps of Keshi, He has been in the job for over year yet no substantial replacement has been found for Ikeme in spite of Ikeme's inconsistency due to injuries . Rohr is not a very serious coach he loves to rely on players already on the team before his tenure started. He has never introduced any new player into his team ,,He is definitely too conservative for my liking. He is not oblivious of the menace in the goal keeping position and yet he has done practically nothing to ameliorate the situation ..
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...all or most or those with influences, now agitating for Enyeama, as soon as he let in a goal/s and we lose na so dem go bombard and curse him. Nigerians can be deceptively evil.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...all or most or those with influences, now agitating for Enyeama, as soon as he let in a goal/s and we lose na so dem go bombard and curse him. Nigerians can be deceptively evil.
Enyeama has retired from the national team (voluntarily), I think he should stay retired and stay away from the team, that's all.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
mcal wrote:...all or most or those with influences, now agitating for Enyeama, as soon as he let in a goal/s and we lose na so dem go bombard and curse him. Nigerians can be deceptively evil.
Enyeama has retired from the national team (voluntarily), I think he should stay retired and stay away from the team, that's all.
Naijas and sentiment.
I can't think of any other country that will still be debating whether or not to talk to one of their 'retired' top players if they are still the best available.
If, God forbid, Nigeria fails to qualify as a direct result of goalkeeping blunders, you will still curse Enyeama for not coming back.
So why not appeal to him now before disaster strikes?

It is our natural arrogance as Nigerians that makes us believe that appealing to a player to return from planned retirement is 'begging'.
There are many reasons why a player might be reluctant to return to international football. It is not always arrogance or pig headedness.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Naijas and sentiment.
I can't think of any other country that will still be debating whether or not to talk to one of their 'retired' top players if they are still the best available.
If, God forbid, Nigeria fails to qualify as a direct result of goalkeeping blunders, you will still curse Enyeama for not coming back.

It is our natural arrogance as Nigerians that makes us believe that appealing to a player to return from planned retirement is 'begging'.
There are many reasons why a player might be reluctant to return to international football. It is not always arrogance or pig headedness.
We've appealed in the past, successive coaches have. At this point, it could only be begging. You're also ignoring the most important piece....THE TEAM. There's also something to be said for a captain that quit and took off on his team because his coach asked him to sit down. Further more, he's confirmed he didn't leave because of any personality issues with anyone. But we should keep calling him, at some point, we have to value the hardwork and commitment of those that show up. Enyeama is not the magic bullet that guarantees anything. If he wants to come back, he knows exactly what to do.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Naijas and sentiment.

...appealing and begging are synonymous depend on how you use it each, in Nigeria we use beg more than in an aristocratic society where appeal is used.
That said, Enyeama should stay away, stay retired.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
...agreed :clap:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

na your face be this?
Na me oh. How body my brother ?
Hope life is good on your end !!
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Naijas and sentiment.

We've appealed in the past, successive coaches have. At this point, it could only be begging. You're also ignoring the most important piece....THE TEAM. There's also something to be said for a captain that quit and took off on his team because his coach asked him to sit down. Further more, he's confirmed he didn't leave because of any personality issues with anyone. But we should keep calling him, at some point, we have to value the hardwork and commitment of those that show up. Enyeama is not the magic bullet that guarantees anything. If he wants to come back, he knows exactly what to do.
Good Word Felarey ..!!

Chief Da Munk :
Point is we have had many decent games since his retirement so he is not indispensable and while he is indeed a step up from the rest I am not even sure about his current form and match fitness since at this point he is de-facto clubless (Bielsa apparently deems him surplus to requirements) .Continung to "beg" him at this point is a distraction and only sends a no confidence message to those in camp .

What should be of concern is our difficulty in creating meaningful opportunities .
Against Senegal and against Corsica we had difficulty creating opportunities and only had our skins saved by goals from PK's . Against South Africa we were found out and as I noted earlier neither of the Goals was Akpeyi's fault

PS:Whatever happened to Austin Ejide ?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

[quote="bully12"]Honestly I blame Keshi for this mess. He was the coach long enough to have found a capable replacement for Enyema but he was stupidly and depravingly parading incompetent Agbim. It took Oliseh nothing to find a good substitute for Enyema. This fool that call himself Rohr is following the footsteps of Keshi, He has been in the job for over year yet no substantial replacement has been found for Ikeme in spite of Ikeme's inconsistency due to injuries . Rohr is not a very serious coach he loves to rely on players already on the team before his tenure started. He has never introduced any new player into his team ,,He is definitely too conservative for my liking. He is not oblivious of the menace in the goal keeping position and yet he has done practically nothing to ameliorate the situation ..[/quote]

You better not let the enablers on this forum get on your case and try to drive you out for stating the obvious.
I am happy