Jay Jay Okocha more skillful than Abedi – Oppong Weah

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Jay Jay Okocha more skillful than Abedi – Oppong Weah

Post by Senator WIRES »

:agree: , but no end result, too much of atilogwuistic dancing :D
Football legend George Oppong Weah has chosen Nigeria’s Jay Jay Okocha ahead of Ghana’s Abedi Pele as the most skillful player among the two.

According to the Liberian, even him, having won the world’s best player during his playing days, is nowhere close to Okocha in terms of being adroit with the leather ball.

“Abedi is a strong player, he’s a creative player but Jay Jay is more skillful. Even me, Jay Jay has more techniques than me. All the things that Jay Jay does on the field, we don’t even do one percent of it. So Jay Jay is a legend when it comes to that; he is very creative, he is very smart and he knows how to do tricks,” Oppong Weah who is contesting to be Liberia’s next President told Bola Ray on Starr Chat Wednesday.

He added: “For me I don’t do tricks, I will score a good goal and when I am squeezed up, I know how to run around. But to put the ball around and play with it, I give it to Jay Jay; he is an entertainer”.

Meanwhile, Andre Ayew, son of the Ghanaian legend had told Bola Ray in July 2016 that his father was more skilful than the Nigerian.

“I will say Abedi Pele is the most skillful. He had a lot of skills even though their style of play was different. He showed a lot of technique and a lot of finesse in his game”.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/ ... eah-560740
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jay Jay Okocha more skillful than Abedi – Oppong Weah

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He was,still is..
OCCUPY NFF!!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

...and will always forever
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Who was comparing them?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Did a former WPOY just say he didn't do 1% of what OGA JJ did on the pitch??
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

felarey wrote:Did a former WPOY just say he didn't do 1% of what OGA JJ did on the pitch??
kpom :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Senator WIRES wrote::agree: , but no end result, too much of atilogwuistic dancing :D
Football legend George Oppong Weah has chosen Nigeria’s Jay Jay Okocha ahead of Ghana’s Abedi Pele as the most skillful player among the two.

According to the Liberian, even him, having won the world’s best player during his playing days, is nowhere close to Okocha in terms of being adroit with the leather ball.

“Abedi is a strong player, he’s a creative player but Jay Jay is more skillful. Even me, Jay Jay has more techniques than me. All the things that Jay Jay does on the field, we don’t even do one percent of it. So Jay Jay is a legend when it comes to that; he is very creative, he is very smart and he knows how to do tricks,” Oppong Weah who is contesting to be Liberia’s next President told Bola Ray on Starr Chat Wednesday.

He added: “For me I don’t do tricks, I will score a good goal and when I am squeezed up, I know how to run around. But to put the ball around and play with it, I give it to Jay Jay; he is an entertainer”.

Meanwhile, Andre Ayew, son of the Ghanaian legend had told Bola Ray in July 2016 that his father was more skilful than the Nigerian.

“I will say Abedi Pele is the most skillful. He had a lot of skills even though their style of play was different. He showed a lot of technique and a lot of finesse in his game”.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/ ... eah-560740
What does he mean by even me? So he is taking for granted that he was better than Abedi pele.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

nemi2002 wrote:Who was comparing them?
I wonder o!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

nemi2002 wrote:Who was comparing them?
Abedi's son. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

George Weah was one heck of a footballer. To me, Africa's greatest ever.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He said jj was a trickster
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Those who have eyes can see that Jayjay is the most skillful player out of Africa from any generation.

But for me, the greatest African player of all time is Samuel Eto'o, followed by Weah, Roger Milla, then Jayjay Okocha (who is the greatest Nigerian player of all time).
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kolinzo wrote:Those who have eyes can see that Jayjay is the most skillful player out of Africa from any generation.

But for me, the greatest African player of all time is Samuel Eto'o, followed by Weah, Roger Milla, then Jayjay Okocha (who is the greatest Nigerian player of all time).
Agree
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

kolinzo wrote:Those who have eyes can see that Jayjay is the most skillful player out of Africa from any generation.

Nuff Said!! Would swop Etoo for Weah though!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

:agree:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Godfather wrote:

:agree:

would have agreed, but JJ is NOT the greatest Nigerian player of all times. The most popular, flamboyant, and perhaps, the most loved, but he is certainly not the greatest Super Eagle of all times.

Next is Weah before Eto'o. In fact, even Old Man Milla before Eto'o.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

On puré talent alone, okocha is ond Of the best in the world, IF he was brazillian, he would have played for real madrid or barcelona
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

marko wrote:On puré talent alone, okocha is ond Of the best in the world, IF he was brazillian, he would have played for real madrid or barcelona
Yup...just like the Brazilian Weah played for AC Milan.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

In a different universe, with a wealthier African economy .... and stronger, wealthier leagues .... the biggest clubs on the continent might have given us a chance to see lineups combining international all-stars from different African countries. For example Okocha playing behind a forward pairing of Eto'o and Weah, or Yekini (RIP) and Milla paired in front of Abedi Pele.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

JJ was also less effective. Dribble the entire field without end product does not mean squat.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

joplass wrote:JJ was also less effective. Dribble the entire field without end product does not mean squat.
No matter how many times you people repeat this, it will never stop being a lie.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

The Eagle wrote:
joplass wrote:JJ was also less effective. Dribble the entire field without end product does not mean squat.
No matter how many times you people repeat this, it will never stop being a lie.
I wanted to reply him yesterday but I realized some lost souls can never be redeemed.