Sadiq Umar Scores against PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar Scores against PSG

Post by Cito »

How is that foul in the 18 not a penalty? Man that Kid is fast though.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The Eagle wrote:
deanotito wrote:Sadiq Umar was pretty good at the Olympics. Lacked a bit of close ball control, but when the boy is on, he's a threat to any defense. Many years ago, Wenger referred to Adebayor as "Kanu with pace"...I would say Sadiq fits that bill more. He just lacks a bit of Kanu's ball control...
Adebayor was/is not "Kanu with pace", regardless of what Wenger said .... and Sadiq Umar is also not Kanu with pace.

If Sadiq develops to a degree where he is using his physical and footballing attributes at maximum output, he will be .... himself. He won't be Kanu, or Yekini (RIP) or Agali or even Adebayor, Mboma or Phil Masinga. Yes, Sadiq is tall and lanky, but I don't think his game is patterned on anyone, least of all Kanu. He is a still-physically-developing young man who is at the career stage of trying to figure out how to use his body to maximum effect.

PS: Oh, and Sadiq has been known to head the ball into the net .... not very Kanu-like. :)
We don hear, Mr. "Be the best You you can be".
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

deanotito wrote:We don hear, Mr. "Be the best You you can be".
Actually, my birth certificate says "Mr. He Doesn't Play Like Kanu". :)
Cito wrote:How is that foul in the 18 not a penalty? Man that Kid is fast though.
The referee may have convinced himself that Sadiq was looking for the contact, and could have avoided it .... but to me it was a penalty.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He is the only big striker we have that can match the hustle and work rate of ideye Brown. If he makes it at Roma then ideye issue is probably toast for the wc if we get past Cameroon.

However, I don't think he is as good as Osihmen at scoring goals. Osihmen has better ball control, better passer and better in the air.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He is the only big striker we have that can match the hustle and work rate of ideye Brown. If he makes it at Roma then ideye issue is probably toast for the wc if we get past Cameroon.

However, I don't think he is as good as Osihmen at scoring goals. Osihmen has better ball control, better passer and better in the air.
:agree:
I am happy
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sadiq is a gem! :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chuks69 wrote:I completely agree with this post. For me Sodiq Umar is more ready in terms of Senior football compared to Osimhem, who Rohr rates sliightly better prepared presently..
If Sodiq can perform well when the Season starts, definitely he would be called for the Camerounian game..
But on a final advise, Sodiq should bulk up a bit and build muscles, for his height, he is still bullied off the ball..
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Ibrahimovic in the making.
He should not be bullyable.
He should also develop a mean streak...a little like Diego Costa's.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wrong post
Last edited by metalalloy on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Temper down on the hype. It is pre-season and he is not the only forward that can play for Nigeria. He has a lot to prove. I want to see consistency at a the top fight cub over a 1 year period. After saying that, he should be invited for a friendly. But it is not a must to have him in the SE. He is just a striker. The Eagles need defenders and midfielders.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria have a glut of good midfielders right now. What SE need is a bonafide centre forward, full backs and goalkeepers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marutimon wrote:Nigeria have a glut of good midfielders right now. What SE need is a bonafide centre forward, full backs and goalkeepers.

We don't have good creative midfielders. We have a bunch of forwards playing midfield and a bunch of central/defensive midfielders. Nigeria don't have a Fabregas or Ozil or Alli or Tony kroos or JJ Okocha. Nigeria also lacks good full backs and center backs. Our positions of strength are forwards and goalkeeper. There are a lot of good goalkeepers in the local league. Vince Enyeama can also come back. There is a huge glut of forwards.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Damunk wrote:
chuks69 wrote:I completely agree with this post. For me Sodiq Umar is more ready in terms of Senior football compared to Osimhem, who Rohr rates sliightly better prepared presently..
If Sodiq can perform well when the Season starts, definitely he would be called for the Camerounian game..
But on a final advise, Sodiq should bulk up a bit and build muscles, for his height, he is still bullied off the ball..
As Gotti noted earlier in the thread, Sadiq is more muscular than he used to be .... so he is likely on some kind of diet or regimen to strengthen his physique. We need such specialized programmes in the Nigerian League, as a lot of league players these days seem to have "regular Joe" physiques, and legs that do not appear able to "bulala" shots.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The Eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
As Gotti noted earlier in the thread, Sadiq is more muscular than he used to be .... so he is likely on some kind of diet or regimen to strengthen his physique. We need such specialized programmes in the Nigerian League, as a lot of league players these days seem to have "regular Joe" physiques, and legs that do not appear able to "bulala" shots.
I think I agree with that. As he gets older I believe he will naturally put on some bulk.
Another thing is I noticed during the Olympics that standing beside some of his teammates, he did not appear to be as tall as thought.
Maybe na my eye but he looks like a 6'4 - 6'5 striker, but is he?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sadiq joins Torino on loan.

Official – Roma Announce Sadiq Umar Loan Move To Torino Including Loan Clauses
August 16, 2017

As reported by this portal Italian Serie A side Roma has announced the transfer of Nigeria Rio 2016 hero Sadiq Umar to Torino on an initial loan deal for the rest of the season.

The 20 year old Nigerian forward passed his medical with the Turin based Serie A side where he will link up with fellow Nigerian Joel Obi in what will be his second loan spell after spending last season on loan to Bologna.

At Torino he will provide competition for Italian forward Andrea Belloti who scored 26 Serie A goals last season, although the Italian could yet depart the club before the end of the current transfer window.

“Sadiq joins Torino on a temporary deal that runs until 30 June 2018. As part of the agreement, Torino have the option to make the transfer permanent for an agreed fee.

In that case, Roma will retain a counter-option to re-sign the player”, a statement on the website of the club reads.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/16/of ... n-clauses/
I am happy
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Two naija players on the books? i don add Torino to "MY" team dis season. :clap: :clap: :clap: