Sadiq Umar Scores against PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sadiq Umar Scores against PSG

Post by Dammy »

Forgotten player, Sadiq Umar scored the equalizer today for Roma in their ICC match against PSG in Detroit. Sadiq who was a 2nd half sub for Edin Dzeko was a thorn in the flesh of the PSG defence and had a good penalty shout ignored by the referee. He was voted MOM by the Roma fans after the match.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar Scores against PSG

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who do u want ROHR to drop for him? I think Simon,iwobi and kayode will prolly be enough. No?
OCCUPY NFF!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who do u want ROHR to drop for him? I think Simon,iwobi and kayode will prolly be enough. No?

The same Simon that deflated the SE attack against South Africa? You must be mad
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Una softly softly. This na preseason. Careful careful with the hype o
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

fledy wrote:Una softly softly. This na preseason. Careful careful with the hype o
This is the only time we'll see them play
So, leave them to enjoy
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fledy wrote:Una softly softly. This na preseason. Careful careful with the hype o
I only saw factual reporting. Where is the hype?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Rawlings wrote:
This is the only time we'll see them play
So, leave them to enjoy
We have also seen our team win the AFCON. We enjoyed that.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

THERE SHOULD BE ROOM FOR HIM IN THE SE

He seems to bring a tantalizing combination of speed, size and power conspicuously lacking in the current edition of the SE. I'm not sure if he's right-footed or not but his left foot is good. And if he's not the age stated about him, he must be close. I'd like to see him get a chance. It can't hurt that he's from Kaduna...talk of national character. Over to you, Herr Rohr.
Bell
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sadiq can be the physical foil to Iheanacho in the SE attack. The boy is the real deal, he scored 2 goals in 3 games before the Roma coach, who had faith in him was sacked and replaced by Spalletti. who shut him out for the rest of the season. He then represented Nigeria in the Olympics and scored 4 goals in 6 matches, which is impressive for a player representing his country for the first time. Last season on loan at Bologna was a wash out as a result of recurring injury and the form of Orji Okonkwo that the Bologna coach preferred. He seems to be over his injuries and is playing well with the new Roma coach believing in him.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:Forgotten player, Sadiq Umar scored the equalizer today for Roma in their ICC match against PSG in Detroit. Sadiq who was a 2nd half sub for Edin Dzeko was a thorn in the flesh of the PSG defence and had a good penalty shout ignored by the referee. He was voted MOM by the Roma fans after the match.
Forgotten? Not exactly when there was a CE thread on him this week: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281494
Anyway, the lad has noticeably filled out and is looking likely to get significant playing time this season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

He has to score bunch of goals in the moon before the incompetent and feckless fool Rohr will look towards his direction.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
Dammy wrote:Forgotten player, Sadiq Umar scored the equalizer today for Roma in their ICC match against PSG in Detroit. Sadiq who was a 2nd half sub for Edin Dzeko was a thorn in the flesh of the PSG defence and had a good penalty shout ignored by the referee. He was voted MOM by the Roma fans after the match.
Forgotten? Not exactly when there was a CE thread on him this week: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281494
Anyway, the lad has noticeably filled out and is looking likely to get significant playing time this season.
Hope he does :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The Eagle wrote:[/video]
He's improving but not as good as Osihmen,should get a look in in we qualify for wc.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Let's see what happens when the season starts. A lot of players look good in pre-season friendlies. It's pretty simple, if he starts playing and scoring in the Serie A, Rohr will most likely invite him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The Eagle wrote:[/video]
He's improving but not as good as Osihmen,should get a look in in we qualify for wc.
When last did you see Osimhen play? Thank God we have both...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bobo Nah Handful
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Him and Osimhen are homemade versions of Solanke and Abraham. Either are potentially better than the English-born players and I think whichever one features more for the first team of their club should get a Super Eagles shout out.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I completely agree with this post. For me Sodiq Umar is more ready in terms of Senior football compared to Osimhem, who Rohr rates sliightly better prepared presently..
If Sodiq can perform well when the Season starts, definitely he would be called for the Camerounian game..
But on a final advise, Sodiq should bulk up a bit and build muscles, for his height, he is still bullied off the ball..
afc##
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chuks69 wrote:I completely agree with this post. For me Sodiq Umar is more ready in terms of Senior football compared to Osimhem, who Rohr rates sliightly better prepared presently..
If Sodiq can perform well when the Season starts, definitely he would be called for the Camerounian game..
But on a final advise, Sodiq should bulk up a bit and build muscles, for his height, he is still bullied off the ball..
As soon as he calls sadiq he'll then be crucified for Not inviting Osihmen. Should just accept the fact that the coach know better than you do.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Sadiq Umar was pretty good at the Olympics. Lacked a bit of close ball control, but when the boy is on, he's a threat to any defense. Many years ago, Wenger referred to Adebayor as "Kanu with pace"...I would say Sadiq fits that bill more. He just lacks a bit of Kanu's ball control...
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

deanotito wrote:Sadiq Umar was pretty good at the Olympics. Lacked a bit of close ball control, but when the boy is on, he's a threat to any defense. Many years ago, Wenger referred to Adebayor as "Kanu with pace"...I would say Sadiq fits that bill more. He just lacks a bit of Kanu's ball control...
Adebayor was/is not "Kanu with pace", regardless of what Wenger said .... and Sadiq Umar is also not Kanu with pace.

If Sadiq develops to a degree where he is using his physical and footballing attributes at maximum output, he will be .... himself. He won't be Kanu, or Yekini (RIP) or Agali or even Adebayor, Mboma or Phil Masinga. Yes, Sadiq is tall and lanky, but I don't think his game is patterned on anyone, least of all Kanu. He is a still-physically-developing young man who is at the career stage of trying to figure out how to use his body to maximum effect.

PS: Oh, and Sadiq has been known to head the ball into the net .... not very Kanu-like. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Pre-season fire! Ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI