I dey city vs united

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I dey city vs united

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
spastic wrote:For City

Foden was fantastic. Kid is ready for first team
Kyle Walker is going to be great for City. A tad expensive though :(
Nasri looked great.

For United
Pogba is really good.
The others are ok.

Is Nasri still playing football? where was he last season? You guys sef...I only watched the first few minutes, but I heard someone mention Mangala...is he still active?
Sheef, Nasri and Mangala both played in La Liga last season.
Didn't follow Nasri, but knew about Mangala. Thought they were surplus requirements to the spoiled rich club....
Yes, they were, but Mangala says he wants to prove himself at City, and apparently does not want to go anywhere else. But Pep Mperempe does not want him no matter what. Not sure why; if you saw Mangala's two games against Real Madrid--and he generally had a very good season at Valencia--you will wonder why Pep does not want him.
Uncle ohsee, Mangala is a good defender but not a good player. Pep prefers ball players because his system requires players interchange. I'm a fan of letting a coach decide for himself and not forcing players on him.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
F360 wrote:Bros I was dey. I wasn't checking CE otherwise I would have seen this thread.
Good match sha. (for an overpriced pre-season game).
Omo, it was really pricey sha...40 bucks to park.. come spend 90 for tickets, however watching football nah my passion. Saw pogba in person for the first time, what a player. That guy covers so much ground and that pass to Lukaku was sick..kai lukaku nah real bully..his first goal was a shock...scoring from that angle ..and that shot that hit the post...mehn Valencia is a beast ..kai that bobo nah worldclass. .oh and I duff my hat for Rashford what a player.united is a massive threat

City will really struggle to win the league.. they played with no pattern. .maybe nah preseason. ..however united are already in full season mode ooo
40 what? Mehnnn. See how these people are making money off the fans.
That Pogba and Lukaku combo was beurrifful! The finish...kai. It had everyone applauding
True talk bros, United look solid and with just 1 or 2 more signings (defensive mid for example) they will have some nice depth in that squad.

I agree with you too, I'm not as high on City this season. Even knowing Bernado Silva is yet to arrive and Mendy might be arriving too, I still don't think they will be top 2.
But let me be quiet before Spastic sees what I wrote about his team.
From their first pre season game? Brilliant.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
F360 wrote:Bros I was dey. I wasn't checking CE otherwise I would have seen this thread.
Omo, it was really pricey sha...40 bucks to park.. come spend 90 for tickets, however watching football nah my passion. Saw pogba in person for the first time, what a player. That guy covers so much ground and that pass to Lukaku was sick..kai lukaku nah real bully..his first goal was a shock...scoring from that angle ..and that shot that hit the post...mehn Valencia is a beast ..kai that bobo nah worldclass. .oh and I duff my hat for Rashford what a player.united is a massive threat

City will really struggle to win the league.. they played with no pattern. .maybe nah preseason. ..however united are already in full season mode ooo
That Pogba and Lukaku combo was beurrifful! The finish...kai. It had everyone applauding
True talk bros, United look solid and with just 1 or 2 more signings (defensive mid for example) they will have some nice depth in that squad.

I agree with you too, I'm not as high on City this season. Even knowing Bernado Silva is yet to arrive and Mendy might be arriving too, I still don't think they will be top 2.
Lol. O'boy, I weak Oh... Someone can tell who will be top 2 off first preseason game. Wing.e might as well pack it in and give up on trying. :D
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nasri looked great.

For United
Pogba is really good.
The others are ok.

Is Nasri still playing football? where was he last season? You guys sef...I only watched the first few minutes, but I heard someone mention Mangala...is he still active?
Yes O. They were both in Spain last season on loan. Nasri wanted to go coz he didn't think he'd be a starter, and Mangala didn't seem a Pep type player.

Now that Kolarov has decided to leave, I think Mangala might be kept. But at the rate at which we are spending money on average players :( (we are looking more like United than I want to). I really like Kyle Walker but he should have cost 35 million (i.e. the going rate for a very good fullback 25m, plus the 10m bump for being English). Mendy on the other hand is just ridiculous :( He is not English, not the best fullback in the world and yet he is the record fullback signing... :boo:

It's like United signing Lukaku for 75m. Its just bad business. Now I'm just praying my evaluation of Mendy is wrong and he turns out to be an amazing player.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote:

Nasri looked great.
After watching yesterday, I dont know if he has the brain to play the way Pep likes his Wing backs to play. Kyle is brainless and also Kyle is very good at counter attacking with pace. Pep likes his WBs to play like play makers... If you notice yesterday, Walker was instructed to move into the DM/CM position everytime City had possession. Additionally, when Pep prefers his WBs to time their run, to stretch the opposition, rather than just run down the line expecting the ball. We shall see.
For United
Pogba is really good.
The others are ok.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: People who talk down on Pogba know NOTHING about football or have never watched him play. Glad to see you have seen the light.

Re: "Others are okay." Yea, I am sure they are okay. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Seen the light? T andhe only guy I've ever want ed to overpay for was Pogba. He cost a lot, but he is a special player and has always been. I think Rashford is solid and United will eventually realize they wasted 75 million getting Lukaku once Rashford shows they always had the better player in house.

yeah, the rest were okay. Nothing special... We will come to theatre of nightmares and collect our customary 3 points again this season :taunt:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nasri looked great.

For United
Pogba is really good.
The others are ok.

Sheef, Nasri and Mangala both played in La Liga last season.
Didn't follow Nasri, but knew about Mangala. Thought they were surplus requirements to the spoiled rich club....
Yes, they were, but Mangala says he wants to prove himself at City, and apparently does not want to go anywhere else. But Pep Mperempe does not want him no matter what. Not sure why; if you saw Mangala's two games against Real Madrid--and he generally had a very good season at Valencia--you will wonder why Pep does not want him.
He might very well stay as Kolarov has asked to join Roma. But it is not hard to understand why Pep might not want him. Coz he is a good tackler, but a poor footballer. Love his attitude though. So I am rooting for him.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

anointed wrote:The new City goalie appears good
he is :D
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

F360 wrote:
anointed wrote:The new City goalie appears good
Ederson?
Oga it wasn't the best debut for him. He's not a bad keeper but the way he came out for Lukaku's goal is the kind of play that will make the English media finish him....like they did Claudio Bravo.
he is quick off his line. love that about him
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Lol. O'boy, I weak Oh... Someone can tell who will be top 2 off first preseason game. Wing.e might as well pack it in and give up on trying. :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You truly are a spoiled child!

Look at you, humiliated now, changing your mouth! 2 weeks ago, BEFORE PRESEASON EVEN STARTED, you (yes you-- plastic), was making mouth about who will win the league and how Man Utd and Chelsea will do nothing. And now you are making excuses. You have no credibility. For years, you have been seen as a coward on this website, now you are seen as unstable. smh
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Nasri looked great.
After watching yesterday, I dont know if he has the brain to play the way Pep likes his Wing backs to play. Kyle is brainless and also Kyle is very good at counter attacking with pace. Pep likes his WBs to play like play makers... If you notice yesterday, Walker was instructed to move into the DM/CM position everytime City had possession. Additionally, when Pep prefers his WBs to time their run, to stretch the opposition, rather than just run down the line expecting the ball. We shall see.
For United
Pogba is really good.
The others are ok.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: People who talk down on Pogba know NOTHING about football or have never watched him play. Glad to see you have seen the light.

Re: "Others are okay." Yea, I am sure they are okay. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Seen the light? T andhe only guy I've ever want ed to overpay for was Pogba. He cost a lot, but he is a special player and has always been. I think Rashford is solid and United will eventually realize they wasted 75 million getting Lukaku once Rashford shows they always had the better player in house.

yeah, the rest were okay. Nothing special... We will come to theatre of nightmares and collect our customary 3 points again this season :taunt:

As you should! :lol: :lol: Last year, you spent more money than them. This year, again, you have spent more money than them! You have better players than them, and in fact, you have a better team than them! You should be beating them home and away. simple as that!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Spaz sef. I tire for the Bobo. :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:Spaz sef. I tire for the Bobo. :mrgreen:

The boy is unstable. :lol: :lol: E be like man wey e wife beat for outside, and due to the shame, e no know how to control himself. :lol: :lol: I expect the Coward to disappear in November. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: