Neymar in Paris

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Neymar in Paris

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
Tbite wrote:
tfco wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Athletes want to get paid ... serious $$$. They deserve it. This is a game that has made lots of people extremely wealthy ... it is about time that players get seriously paid, not just the owners.
Good luck in Paris ...

Bepanda
well said

where's TBite to come and say football should be about the passion
I will leave you lot to salivate over this news.

No comment from me.
i salivate when players are making BIG bucks.

you would rather players are paid a pittance while the owners are silently raking in the dough
are they sharing it with you?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

UEFA confirm PSG will not break any FFP rules by signing Neymar from Barcelona

As Neymar’s world record shattering transfer move from Barcelona to PSG edges closer, one question that has been consistently asked over the past few weeks regards UEFA’s economic rulings.

Many football fans have wondered how PSG can conform to Financial Fair Play rules by signing Neymar for his release clause of 222 million euros.

It also looks likely that PSG will pay a little more than that fee for Neymar since the release clause is only applicable for when the player himself pays it.

o problem for PSG to pay 222m euros!

Whatever fee PSG end up paying for Neymar, UEFA have confirmed that the deal is fine from their end.

Andrea Traverso, head of UEFA’s club licensing committee and financial fair play, told Italian newspaper Gazetta dello Sport newspaper on Thursday that PSG has been following the protocol.

Financial fair play requires that the deficit accumulated in three years by clubs in European competition is not more than 30 million euros.

PSG & Manchester City are following the rules

This regulation aims to prevent clubs from spending more than they earn. Asked specifically about PSG and Manchester City, another club that has spent huge amounts of money in recent years, Traverso said that both meet what is demanded by UEFA.

Traverso told Gazzetta: “They are following the rules: since they have huge income, they can act (in the market). If they break the rules, they will be punished. Everyone is fascinated by the values ​​invested by these clubs, but their revenues are growing and they have done the right calculations to invest.”

Earlier this week, there were claims in Brazil that even Neymar was asking for reassurances about PSG being able to comply with FFP. This now looks completely resolved.

In their last publicly available accounts, for 2015/2016, PSG posted a profit of 105 million euros.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.101gre ... elona/amp/
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

SO Neymar has become the new Figo !!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:
Tbite wrote:
tfco wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Athletes want to get paid ... serious $$$. They deserve it. This is a game that has made lots of people extremely wealthy ... it is about time that players get seriously paid, not just the owners.
Good luck in Paris ...

Bepanda
well said

where's TBite to come and say football should be about the passion
I will leave you lot to salivate over this news.

No comment from me.
i salivate when players are making BIG bucks.

you would rather players are paid a pittance while the owners are silently raking in the dough
I want players to get paid too but are we acting like his previous salary was a widow's mite? I don't think this transfer changes much right now. PSG will continue to dominate France like ASSE in the 60s and Lyon in the 2000s but I don't see it translating to a Champions League win, not because they aren't an attractive destination but their ownership/transfers have been questionable since Leonardo left. My Okocha jersey is still in my mother's house so don't mind me when you see me opening game day threads.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40806702
If you save $1,000 a day, every day, you should be able to make your payment for one genuine Neymar in… 718 years.

Get saving.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg